MLB 07 The Show™ New Era Cap Promotion

Playsation.com has the scoop.
"MLB 07 The Show™ is hitting the streets on February 27th and once again we’re giving you the opportunity to score a FREE New Era MLB cap! All you have to do is pick up a specially marked package of MLB 07 The Show™ for the PlayStation®2 or PSP® systems only and enter your unique code found inside the game package. Once you do that, sit back and relax until the exclusive cap from the team of your choice arrives at your doorstep. Caps will be available for all Major League Baseball teams!"

Burnout Dominator Hands On Impressions (PS2)

GameInformer Online has posted their Burnout Dominator hands on impressions.
"First off, Dominator adds several new modes. In Burnout mode, you race to fill your Burnout meter, and then try to deplete it in a continuous burst. If you refill it before it slips away, you can chain together boosts for big points. Weaving in and out of traffic is already exhilarating--doing it at those insane speeds is even better. A Near Miss mode gives players points for getting dangerously close to traffic. Of course, in true Burnout style, you’re rewarded more for avoiding cars in the opposing lane. As with most racers these days, Burnout Dominator has succumbed to the drift bug. In Drift mode, you rack up the points by braking and sliding through corners. The longer you hold your drift, the more points you gain. Finally, a Maniac mode jams all the other modes together in a great example of how not to drive. Players score by drifting, missing traffic and strategically making the most out of the Burnout meter. It’s basically the best part of the game."

ESPN Videogames Update

ESPN Videogames have posted the following:
  • NCAA March Madness 07 Simulation - Wisconsin @ Ohio St.
    "The Buckeyes, playing in front of a frantic home crowd, knocked off Wisconsin in a battle between the two highest-ranked teams in the nation -- and Ohio State did it without a huge contribution from big freshman Greg Oden.

The Badgers attacked Oden early and often, forcing him into foul trouble and successfully limiting his effectiveness, but the rest of the Buckeyes picked up the slack. Ron Lewis had 21 points to lead OSU while Daequan Cook added 19 in the winning effort."
  • Dwight Howard: Serious Gamer
    "When he wasn't impressing fans during the NBA All-Star Festivities on the court, Orlando Magic big man Dwight Howard was making two gamers' dreams come true. At the 2K Sports stage at the Toyota booth at the NBA All-Star Jam at the Mandalay Bay Casino in Las Vegas, Howard and fellow NBA All-Star Nate Robinson teamed up with a pair of Xbox Live winners to play NBA 2K7 on Xbox 360 in front of a crowd of spectators.

The Magic's Dwight Howard has been an avid gamer since he was a kid.

Howard teamed up with Travis Bryant, 21, from Philadelphia to take on Robinson and Aaron Truchil, 19, from Miami. Howard chose his Orlando Magic in the game and Robinson stuck with his New York Knicks. After playing four two-minute quarters on stage, Howard's Magic emerged victorious 22-17 in a very defensive competition."

Other Stuff...

We are supposed to get some nasty snow, ice and sleet today through tonight. We already have 3 inches out there and the flakes are almost golf ball sized. Guess I need to head out and kill my back, should be a fun ride to work tomorrow. Yea me.

Went out and grabbed Crackdown last night, I guess I need to find out what the talk is all about.

• QOTD: Which do you enjoy watching the most? The NBA or NCAA College Basketball?

Saber (24), Hack22 (23), GuiltyGoaT487 (20)

Member Comments
# 1 ExtremeGamer @ 02/25/07 10:54 AM
Yo!

Crackdown is my addiction, check my blog for my impressions (shameless plug )

QOTD - NCAA Basketball by far, not a huge fan of the NBA

# 2 Steve_OS @ 02/25/07 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Yo!

Crackdown is my addiction, check my blog for my impressions (shameless plug )

QOTD - NCAA Basketball by far, not a huge fan of the NBA
I just read your impressions. Sounds interesting. I tried the demo a while back and didn't get into it. I had no idea what I was doing though. Now that I know to look for orbs, at least I can wonder around w/ some sort of mission now, lol. Any more tips, give em' up!

# 3 plasticbeast @ 02/25/07 11:10 AM
crackdown is my current addiction too. I got my driving skill to 4 stars by just running over bad guys with the agency SUV. Having 4 stars makes a huge diff in the way the cars control.

QOTD: NCAA is what I watch most...don't get into the NBA anymore till there is a couple weeks left in the season and the playoffs. Its strange because when I was young I loved the NBA, now I feel NCAA is the better game.

# 4 Sandman42 @ 02/25/07 11:53 AM
Starting to snow here again today and supposed to snow the rest of the week.

QOTD: NCAA Basketball by far. Ever since the lockout I have really followed the NBA as much, and with the Knicks sucking the past few years I haven't really watched many games. Once March Madness is over then I go on to watching baseball and don't pay attention to the NBA.

# 5 TJdaSportsGuy @ 02/25/07 12:43 PM
A couple of our part-timers have requested the weekend off, so here I am on what is normally my only day completely off of work (both jobs) and I'm here from 12 to 6pm. Sucks. I do have tomorrow off from my fulltime job, that's a comp day from working President's Day, but I have to work at the parttime job tomorrow night. My next TOTAL day off, where I don't have to go to either job, will happen Sunday, March 11th. God help me.

QOTD: NCAA Hoops by a long shot. I wasn't always like that though. I think the Hornets leaving Charlotte really kinda helped open my eyes to how much better of a product the college game is. When the Hornets were around, I was too busy watching and cheering as a fan to notice how crappy the basketball was. When they left town, leaving me without a team to cheer for, I noticed almost immediately.

# 6 Boltman @ 02/25/07 07:27 PM
From the other stuff.............

6. How much space dust falls to Earth each year?

Estimates vary, but the USGS says at least 1,000 million grams, or roughly 1,000 tons of material enters the atmosphere every year and makes its way to Earths surface. One group of scientists claims microbes rain down from space, too, and that extraterrestrial organisms are responsible for flu epidemics. There's been no proof of this, and I'm not holding my breath.

WTF!?

# 7 Pete1210 @ 02/25/07 08:39 PM
QOTD: NBA. Since St John's there went downhill there are no real good college teams in my area.