MLB 2K7 Blog Update

Ben Brinkman, Producer of MLB 2K7, has updated his 1up blog site.
"You can edit just about every characteristic of every player. From his name to his look and size all the way down to his accessories. Does he hold his batting gloves while running the bases or are they in his back pocket, or BOTH. It's up to you. We tried to get all the MLB players as accurate as possible but if you want to change anything it's in your control."

TrackMania United Preview (PC)

Games Radar has posted their preview of TrackMania United.
"There’ve been plenty of “ultimate” editions of games in the past. Often the last squeeze of milk out of the cash cow, these desultory compendia typically comprise the original game, the official expansion pack, a crap sequel and one or two “never before seen!” levels. TrackMania: United, on the other hand, is a beautiful amalgam of the game’s previous forms, caught in the prime of its life rather than as a decaying elder statesman."

Def Jam: Icon Preview (360)

Killer Betties have posted their preview of Def Jam: Icon.
"he environments are even better than the characters. For the preview there is only one arena – a gas station – but it sure is one nicely destructible, Michael Gondry warping head-trip. The gas station level blends old school 2D fighters with the more robust 3D environments of a Soul Calibur, giving you the impression the fighter is a 2.5D juggernaut. The levels look almost like a play you'd seen on the stage, as there is environment on the left of the screen, the back of the screen, and on the right with an invisible fourth wall consisting basically at your screen. You can fight into and out of the foreground, such as positioning yourself so the guy you are fighting is between you and the gas pumps."

Game Trailers Clips (PS3, 360)

Game Trailers have posted clips from the following games:
  • MotorStorm (PS3)
    "The crew takes to the skies to film places never filmed before all to give you the ultimate gaming experience."
  • Virtua Tennis 3 (PS3, 360)
    "Line up the shot and go for the strike with the returning Pin Crusher mode in Virtua Tennis 3."

NCAA March Madness 07 Simulations

ESPN Videogames have posted some simulations from todays NCAA basketball games, using NCAA March Madness 07.
"No. 1 Florida at No. 18 Kentucky, Iowa at No. 4 Wisconsin, Providence at No. 6 Pittsburgh, Arizona at No. 15 Oregon"

SportsGamer Update (Multi)

SportsGamer has posted the following:
  • First Look at the Ultimate Team Mode
    "Here are five new screens and a video featuring the Champions League Ultimate Team mode we just received from EA. It's the " First Look" at the Ultimate Team Mode. Here is what EA had to say about the new mode."
  • WNBA Stars invade NBA Street
    "That girl’s got game! For the first time ever in a basketball videogame, NBA STREET Homecourt features 6 WNBA Stars. Don’t underestimate these ladies, because they aren’t here to be window dressing. With comparable player aptitudes as the NBA players and 3 WNBA players possessing master skills,* humiliating your opponent has never felt so sweet."

Other Stuff...

Busy day for me today. We have 2 cars in the shop and are hoping they get fixed by Monday morning. Both, strangely enough have the same issues. They are stalling at red lights, on occasion. Wifee starts a new job next week, so we really need them to get it fixed.

After a ton of cleaning up this mess of a house, I hope to finally get some gaming in. Somehow, I feel it just won't happen. Where has all my free time gone?

Enough about me, what's up with you?
  • QOTD: What game(s) are you playing this weekend?

stogie, marq (29), HungryBologna (23), ballaholic23 (21), b_bearz (21), aran (21), bigmac16 (21), Porschebenz2001 (18)

Member Comments
# 1 ExtremeGamer @ 02/10/07 11:57 AM
Sup

Went to A Night at the Races last night for my wife's school. It's pretty cool, you name a horse and they have 10 races, you can bet and what not, and if your horse wins, you get a trophy and 20 bucks. They use random old horse race tapes, and brought like 50 dvd's, so they randomly picked the race for each one.

On a good note, my horse finished 3rd, and I won a bet on another horse later on.

My wife's school though made out, which is great since the school isn't rolling in the dough. The PTO put this on, and the last race of the night was an auction race, every horse was auctioned off, with the winning horse getting half the money raised, and the school getting the other half. Well, 4 parents who all have money, stood up together and said the auction is over, gave 4K for all 10 horses. No one else there could come close, the group I was with (my wife, her family, My Mom, and some other teachers) all chipped in money and were up to $65 for a horse.

The race ended, and the guy who won, got 2K, which he handed right back to the school.

All in all, a great night, great event, if you ever hear of it going on for charity (which is why it's usually run), I highly recommend it, as it was a great evening.

# 2 The GIGGAS @ 02/10/07 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Sup

Very cool Scott.

My gf is in All-District, so I gotta drive about an hour later today to see her. I'm sure she'll be good, but it's always weird to be at a concert and not being in the concert.

# 3 aukevin @ 02/10/07 03:40 PM
What's up?
I just got back in town from a week long skiing trip in WV. It was a long trip back because we detoured on the way home through Ohio to pick up this little souvenir:

I already have one other Boston Terrier, and they've been getting along great the past few days together. I was a bit worried because this little guy's big sister has always been pretty spoiled, but she's warmed up pretty quickly to the pup.

As for games I'm trying to play this weekend; I'm still making my way through Need for Speed Carbon on the Wii, and I'm also playing Hotel Dusk: Room 215 on the DS, I picked it up to play on the trip and haven't finished it yet. I probably won't get much playing in though between the new pup and all the TV shows I missed last week, LOL.

# 4 CaptainZombie @ 02/10/07 03:55 PM
Went out with the wife today to lunch and ran around to do some errands while my parent's watched the kids. I have to finish setting up my new receiver that I just purchased yesterday. The sound is much cleaner than the Sony that I had before. I can't wait to watch Reservoir Dogs on BD later this evening.

QOTD: Winning Eleven 10, Fight Night Rd 3 (trying to finish this up), and R6: Vegas.

# 5 GP Mercy @ 02/10/07 03:55 PM
QOTD: Mostly NBA 2K7 mixed with GOW. Almost the greatest gaming combo...

# 6 MachoMyers @ 02/10/07 03:59 PM
QOTD:
NBA2k7, CHoops 2k7, with some Rainbow mixed in.

# 7 pennstlbu @ 02/10/07 04:08 PM
Bostons are the coolest dogs. My family had one until she passed on before last Thanksgiving, but we just got another one about a month ago and he's so cool.

QOTD:Still playing some CHoops 2K7, but I just got March Madness from GameFly, so I'll probably give it try too.

# 8 slickdtc @ 02/11/07 08:35 AM
This weekend has been pretty good to me. My best friend is grounded (grades...) so I didn't really have anything planned. But I got to hang out with my girlfriend Friday and Saturday nights, which is good because she's busy allll the time. Other then that I've had nothing to do and caught up on my gaming. Played some NHL 2k7 in the second season of my Philadelphia Flyers franchise, got through a game in MVP 05 in the second season of my Cincinnati Reds franchise, and then beat Minnesota 18-15 in the season opener of my Washington Redskins season on Madden 07 on a last second field goal miss by Ryan Longwell. Oh, and Friday afternoon I played some linked Halo 2 with a couple of other people at a friend's.

QOTD: All for XBOX... NHL 2k7, Madden 07, and MVP 05. Can't go wrong!

# 9 forensicd @ 02/12/07 12:19 AM
Winning Eleven 2007, Zelda (wii) and Wii sports.