Home
News Post

Spong Articles (Wii)

Spong has posted the following articles:
  • Wii Sports: Has Nintendo Gone Pro?
    "Nicky Sharpe, a mother of four boys in her forties, perhaps summed up the general response best, telling us, “I’ve never played videogames with the boys and now I’m the one turning the console on and asking them for another game of tennis! It’s certainly the best game we’ve ever bought in terms of bringing the whole family together."
  • Wii Training – Be Fitter, Happier, More Productive in 2007
    "Forget all the guff about the Wii becoming part of a well-balanced diet (or exercise regimen or whatever), what you want to know is how to get Pro on everything in Wii Sports (including the tedious baseball and annoying boxing).

    You want to know this so that you can (a) Beat all those non-gamers that Nintendo wants to attract, and therefore send them back to their knitting; (b) Finish the damned game so that you come up with an idea for that killer title that actually makes use of the Wii's controllers rather than shoe-horning them in as part of a port. This is of course essential as it will stop Wii becoming a novelty box akin to a Breville sandwich toaster."


Other Stuff...

Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

billmatic (27), Qui3tStorm (24), TexanWolverine (22), ishotlove (21)


What's Up?

Ever come into work, sit at your chair expecting a relaxing day at the office, only to be approached by a co-worker that talks about the dumbest things imaginable? Well, that happened this morning, as this guy just wouldn't shutup, he just kept rambling and rambling about NOTHING! Everything he talked about I had no interest in listening to, but I sat there and nodded my head with agreement. Some people can get the hint, but then there are THESE guys. Oh the cringing and squirming I did in my chair hoping he'd just go away.

Did you get enough football over the long weekend? That Boise State/Oklahoma game was insane!

Enough about me, what's up with you?

Member Comments
# 1 RockyTop1 @ 01/02/07 08:31 AM
What's up?

Still pissed about the UT game, but that Fiesta Bowl was amazing. One of the best games I've ever seen. Let's see: big time comeback, check. huge momentum changing turnover, check. 4th and 18 hook and ladder, check. overtime, check. going for 2 when it wasn't required, check. Awesome game.
 
# 2 Steve_OS @ 01/02/07 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyTop1
What's up?

Still pissed about the UT game, but that Fiesta Bowl was amazing. One of the best games I've ever seen. Let's see: big time comeback, check. huge momentum changing turnover, check. 4th and 18 hook and ladder, check. overtime, check. going for 2 when it wasn't required, check. Awesome game.
No doubt, I wish I had TIVO'd it, just so I could watch it again.
 
# 3 ExtremeGamer @ 01/02/07 09:01 AM
What's up?!

Last day of vacation I get into a bad funk every January, go into a bad holiday blues. I love 10/1 through 1/1 every year (yes, I consider Halloween part of the holiday season ). So now it's all over, and I turn 30 this year...wow! Ok, done rambling.
 
# 4 Shaver @ 01/02/07 09:07 AM
Back to work today...

My wife worked yesterday and we got to talking in the evening about how much money she had made. She had gotten double time and a half for the first 4 hours and time and a half for the last 8 hours. So, needless to say, she made quite a bit of money yesterday.

Fast forward to 9:00 and I am putting my kids to bed. My 6 year old said, "Dad... how much money did Mommy make today?" I said, "Well, she gets extra money for working on holidays because people still have babies on holidays... so somebody has to work." My daughter says, "yeah...yeah... I know WHY she worked... I meant how much money!?!" I said, "It doesn't matter." "Ok, Daddy... I just thought if she made a lot of money today, you could stay home again tomorrow instead of going back to work."

((MELT))

Back to the grindstone.

Lions season is over. Wolverines are done. Snow will be here soon. I wish I could hibernate.
 
# 5 Steve_OS @ 01/02/07 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
What's up?!

Last day of vacation I get into a bad funk every January, go into a bad holiday blues. I love 10/1 through 1/1 every year (yes, I consider Halloween part of the holiday season ). So now it's all over, and I turn 30 this year...wow! Ok, done rambling.
What's funny is that I remember you wrote that at around this time last year.
 
# 6 ExtremeGamer @ 01/02/07 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
What's funny is that I remember you wrote that at around this time last year.
At least I'm consistent! LOL
 
# 7 Steve_OS @ 01/02/07 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Back to work today...

My wife worked yesterday and we got to talking in the evening about how much money she had made. She had gotten double time and a half for the first 4 hours and time and a half for the last 8 hours. So, needless to say, she made quite a bit of money yesterday.

Fast forward to 9:00 and I am putting my kids to bed. My 6 year old said, "Dad... how much money did Mommy make today?" I said, "Well, she gets extra money for working on holidays because people still have babies on holidays... so somebody has to work." My daughter says, "yeah...yeah... I know WHY she worked... I meant how much money!?!" I said, "It doesn't matter." "Ok, Daddy... I just thought if she made a lot of money today, you could stay home again tomorrow instead of going back to work."

((MELT))

Back to the grindstone.

Lions season is over. Wolverines are done. Snow will be here soon. I wish I could hibernate.
This is why I missed the "What's Up?" feature, Clay's stories are always a great read.

My daughter kept waking up every hour last night, until finally "She got her way" and slept in between me and my wife. She usually asks why I have to work, almost every night. "To make money" I always tell her, to buy your clothes, your food, to live in this house, it's not free. She says, I don't want food, I don't want clothes, I want you to stay home.

As Clay would say ((MELT))
 
# 8 MachoMyers @ 01/02/07 09:42 AM
Unreal Fiesta Bowl, to think I went to the 2001 game and not that one.
 
# 9 Stu @ 01/02/07 09:47 AM
What's up..

Went to Maine for new years but it rained so didn't get to ski at all. I'm exhausted today but luckily it's a slow day at the office. I really needed a good nights sleep, but the Boise St vs Oklahoma game was too good to pass up.
 
# 10 rudyjuly2 @ 01/02/07 10:06 AM
I'm kind of hoping for a big snow storm at some point. Its been a very mild winter in the northeast and my son just turned two on Halloween. This will be the first year I can take him outside and really play in the snow (make snowballs, build forts, etc). Right now the ground is just a soggy mess and we won't be playing in the mud.

I wish I would have stayed awake to watch the Fiesta Bowl. It was the 4th quarter with Boise leading 28-20 and I needed to get to sleep for today.
 
# 11 TJdaSportsGuy @ 01/02/07 10:13 AM
What's up...

I got out of work around noon yesterday, came home, and the wife and I went to the mall to exchange/return some Christmas gifts and spend some gift cards. I went clothes shopping, which never really happens, so that's pretty exciting.

I actually enjoyed spending time with her while she clothes shopped yesterday, too. She even let me pick out an outfit or two for her, which REALLY never happens.

After that, we had a nice dinner at Outback, again, using a gift card.

Today, she's going over with me to a store that will potentially have Wii's for sale later on today. I'm going to attempt to buy 2 - one for me and one for fishepa - who has also been feverishly looking for one of these things.

Tomorrow is my last day filling in for the early morning guy, then it's a normal day for me on Thursday, and I have off on Friday. I had to use the comp day I earned for working New Year's Day within 10 days...Friday seemed just as good a day as any.
 
# 12 nyisles16 @ 01/02/07 10:41 AM
nothing new here... still on my "4-day" repreive from work.. rumors of layoffs starting in Jan for my company, so I am on some "pins & needles" as it were.. nice to see the Raaaaaiiiiddders get the first pick in the NFL draft ... that Fiesta Bowl was some game, especially the end - 2pt conversion... course 2007 will be exciting, as both my brother is getting married & I (with hope ) should be getting engaged...
 
# 13 Steve_OS @ 01/02/07 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm kind of hoping for a big snow storm at some point. Its been a very mild winter in the northeast and my son just turned two on Halloween. This will be the first year I can take him outside and really play in the snow (make snowballs, build forts, etc). Right now the ground is just a soggy mess and we won't be playing in the mud.

I wish I would have stayed awake to watch the Fiesta Bowl. It was the 4th quarter with Boise leading 28-20 and I needed to get to sleep for today.
Yeah, gonna be in the 50's and 60's around here this week, w/ not a hint of snow in the forecast. What a very strange Winter it has been around here. It hasn't really gotten all that cold yet.
 
# 14 Steve_OS @ 01/02/07 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
After that, we had a nice dinner at Outback, again, using a gift card.
Yeah, I just spent our last gift card over the weekend as well. Gift cards are the perfect gift!
 
# 15 Steve_OS @ 01/02/07 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
What's up
2 weeks left of break for me, then the real fun begins with a very time consuming semester. New Year's was good, we slept until nearly noon yesterday after partying all night.

I am glad 2006 is over, it was the worst year I could imagine. First we lost my wife's beloved ferret, which was made worse by incompetent veterinary care. Next my wife lost our baby, apparently very early on and it took weeks to find out. Then as the year ends we lost my beloved ferret, who succumbed to cancer and a heart problem. Add to that, all of my favorite sports teams were as bad as they've ever been, usually amongst the worst in the league. Welcome 2007!
Sorry to hear about the losses MassNole, me and my wife lost a baby due to miscarriage about 6 years ago, it happens more often than people think. I wish you the best of luck in 07.
 
# 16 Steve_OS @ 01/02/07 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles16
nothing new here... still on my "4-day" repreive from work.. rumors of layoffs starting in Jan for my company, so I am on some "pins & needles" as it were.. nice to see the Raaaaaiiiiddders get the first pick in the NFL draft ... that Fiesta Bowl was some game, especially the end - 2pt conversion... course 2007 will be exciting, as both my brother is getting married & I (with hope ) should be getting engaged...
Ugh, pins & needles bad huh? Well, best of luck in that situation. Congrats on the upcoming engagment.
 
# 17 Shaver @ 01/02/07 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Yeah, I just spent our last gift card over the weekend as well. Gift cards are the perfect gift!
I'm still waiting for my "Thanks for all your hardwork this year, Clay - Love, Steve" gift card in the mail. Should be there today, right?
 
# 18 Shaver @ 01/02/07 11:13 AM
Quote:
I actually enjoyed spending time with her while she clothes shopped yesterday, too. She even let me pick out an outfit or two for her, which REALLY never happens.
Do you know how I know you're.... well.... T.J.???
 
# 19 ExtremeGamer @ 01/02/07 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Do you know how I know you're.... well.... T.J.???
LMAO! TJ is shopping for women's clothes, wonders never cease.
 
# 20 TJdaSportsGuy @ 01/02/07 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
LMAO! TJ is shopping for women's clothes, wonders never cease.
Little did I know that I'm pretty good at it...at least that's what Aimee told me. She was shocked....called it my hidden gift. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.