Table Tennis Screenshots (360)

Xboxyde and 360Monster have posted some Table Tennis screenshots.

GI Jockey 4 Screenshots (PS2)

Boomtown has posted some screenshots of GI Jockey 4.
"I must admit, Iím no great fan of horses, although I did have a very nice horse steak in Perpignon once. But Iím digressing here before Iíve even got started. GI Jockey 4 is the latest horse/rider sim from Koei and features a very in depth tutorial and training regime."

Question of the Day

What did you think of the '06 World Baseball Classic?

Other Stuff...

Member Comments
# 1 Sully @ 03/21/06 07:51 AM
I really didn't catch much of the World Baseball Classic. I thought it was marketed poorly. Most of the time I had no idea what game was on, and when. Besides, it was just another embarrassing performance by an American squad in a International sporting event.
# 2 ExtremeGamer @ 03/21/06 08:08 AM
Is the World Baseball Classic over?

That should tell you the answer.
# 3 TJdaSportsGuy @ 03/21/06 08:28 AM
I actually enjoyed the WBC. To me, the best part was watching the reactions from the fans of other countries, who actually cared about this tournament.

Next time around though, I think it would be better to hold this tournament in November, after the World Series. If you do it that way, you don't have to worry about guys getting injured and missing time in spring training. And if you play these games in the same locales that they did this time around, the weather will be warm enough.

Move it to November, and I think it'd be much better recieved.
# 4 fossen @ 03/21/06 09:16 AM
I liked what I saw of the WBC, but I agree with Sully: the scheduling was confusing. I didn't know when games were being played, and didn't feel like hunting down that info.

Watched a bit of the final, and enjoyed it.

Instead of november, I did like one idea a read: make it the All-Star break. Play the group rounds in Spring Training, then the Final Four as the All-Star break or something.
# 5 dieselboy @ 03/21/06 11:13 AM
I think the All-Star break idea is a good one, especially if it is only the finals or semi-finals. I thought this years WBC, was, eh, ok. I caught a few games, and watched the final, but I wasn't that into it.
# 6 aukevin @ 03/21/06 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Question of the Day

What did you think of the '06 World Baseball Classic?
I enjoyed it while the US was in it, didn't watch anymore after they were eliminated. I really think it needs a different time of the year to come on, but not sure when. I think a few weeks earlier would work after the Super Bowl media has died down. The TV scheduling and the round robin scheduling needs work.
# 7 Kruza @ 03/21/06 11:57 AM
The only WBC game I watched was Cuba vs. Dominican Republic Saturday afternoon. That game was so good it took me away from watching the NCAA Tourney for a little while. I still don't know how Cuba was able to pull it off against that Dominican super team.

# 8 SPTO @ 03/21/06 12:11 PM
I thought it was pretty good. Yeah there were some problems with scheduling and other things but overall I thought it was a success. The North American audience may not embrace it so readily but it's already a huge hit internationally. That will keep this tournament alive for a while.
# 9 Lordcledus @ 03/21/06 01:27 PM
I watched a lot of the WBC. One big complaint I had was they needed to televise all the Team USA games live. A few of them were shown like at 2 in the morning on tape delay. Team USA was supposed to be one of the monster teams with all the superstars, but nobody got to see them.
# 10 sdrotar @ 03/21/06 05:25 PM
I think it's brilliant. Americans may not get the passion for it, but the rest of the world does.

Growing the sport internationally like this can do nothing but good for baseball as a whole, and Major League Baseball in particular.

Another good idea by Bud Selig... man, I hate giving this guy credit, but in this case, it's deserved.
# 11 NYJets @ 03/21/06 05:40 PM
I thought the WBC classic was great. I enjoyed all the games.

All the players might have been at their best, but I don't think midseason or November is a better idea.

Only thing I didn't like was the TV coverage. ESPN did a terrible job with that.
# 12 Eton Rifles @ 03/21/06 05:50 PM
I did enjoy it. it is true that a lot of the games were not on live............or they were shown live on Espn Deportes!!!!(I dont speak spanish). I think it is important for the future of the game because remember that after 2008 there will be no more baseball in the olympics. it's important to keep the sport alive newer places like China, South Africa, Netherlands, And Austrailia.
# 13 racerx @ 03/21/06 08:04 PM
I did not really watch much of it. It is hard to base this on one game playoffs, when you can't see most of the pitchers that you could in a 5 game series.
# 14 mjb2124 @ 03/21/06 08:33 PM
I watched a few innings of the USA/Mexico game and a few innings of the championship. I wasn't really into it. However, it was great to see the excitement and energy that the foreign teams and their fans had.

I heard an interview with Selig and he stated that the players were opposed to the game being played in November. They said they'd be too tired after the season and would have less interest in playing in the WBC at that time. I think taking a longer All Star break and playing the game then would probably be a better idea (although I doubt it gets moved).