Home
News Post

Last night I won 1 million dollars! In Fight Night Round 3, of course. I beat some overgrown big boy last night to win the money. I then promptly spent all the money and lost my next match! I'm so happy about that.

It's Friday, what else needs to be said?

Question of the Day: Does the new Microsoft Origami interest you at all?

In other news...
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!
chompem31, verks (34), Kaodik (29), krulmichael (17)

Enough about me, what's up with you?

Member Comments
# 1 Acid @ 03/03/06 09:16 AM
I posted this yesterday in the What's Up thread, but I'll post it again so you can see it.

I was only able to play a set before I had to leave, but I won that match 7-5 and while I was leaving it looked like our team was winning, so if they didn't choke..we beat the girls.

It rained overnight, so it looks like we won't have practice regardless if we won or not.

Nothing much going on at school today, I just want it to go by fast so I can rest during the weekend.
 
# 2 Steve_OS @ 03/03/06 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
I posted this yesterday in the What's Up thread, but I'll post it again so you can see it.

I was only able to play a set before I had to leave, but I won that match 7-5 and while I was leaving it looked like our team was winning, so if they didn't choke..we beat the girls.

It rained overnight, so it looks like we won't have practice regardless if we won or not.

Nothing much going on at school today, I just want it to go by fast so I can rest during the weekend.
Nice win bro. It's gotta have something to do w/ that Suzy Kolber workout you got goin' on. Why did you have to leave anyways? Afraid she was making a comeback?
 
# 3 Acid @ 03/03/06 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Nice win bro. It's gotta have something to do w/ that Suzy Kolber workout you got goin' on. Why did you have to leave anyways? Afraid she was making a comeback?
I worked out before hand, those 5 pound weights are tricky!

And I had to go to the dentist, I actually was late to the dentist because I wanted to finish my match and win. I didn't play with that freshman I usually play with, because he hurt his leg or something, so I played with Shaun a senior who I've known since freshman year and we had a blast just messing around. It's good to be able to mess around and have fun but still win.
 
# 4 nyisles16 @ 03/03/06 09:47 AM
hey all.. i didnt get to post yesterday, but glad Dan had a good time in the all-star game.. had another "snow storm" yesterday (about 2 inches at most) & had to drive to & from NJ in it (for a meeting).. the dinner was cancelled, so i still havent met the Regional VP of the company... oh well.. i am really thinking of going out & picking up a ps2 again for "The Show" (along with Smackdown vs Raw 06)... dont really know too much about that origami to give an answer... my parents are getting ready to leave on a business trip to Toyko & Austriallia tuesday for two weeks - seems like that the first time i stay home on my b-day, they decide to take off ... nice to flip on some ST games (watching a replay of the Yanks/Phils game) & that it looks like the Mets network will be on cable this year in time for the season..
 
# 5 CM Hooe @ 03/03/06 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Last night I won 1 million dollars! In Fight Night Round 3, of course. I beat some overgrown big boy last night to win the money. I then promptly spent all the money and lost my next match! I'm so happy about that.
At least the game accurately recreates the careers of boxers Also, AK47 has got it made

I have a class in twenty minutes, but then I'm on spring break! No major plans though, and I'm stuck in Charlottesville til after the Last Ball in U-Hall on Sunday (which I'll be attending, hopefully we can beat the Terps and close down that building the right way).
 
# 6 ehh @ 03/03/06 12:56 PM
What's up?

I made the switch this week from Poker Stars to Party Poker because a buncha my friends had been doing real well on it. My first sit-n-go I got third, played good.

Then hellllllo bad beats.

My second s/g I was CL, I had A/A versus A/J suited. Guy runner-runners the flush. Then I pick up Q's, a guy goes all-in trying to buy the pot with A/6 after a low flop. I call, guy rivers the A. Then I'm short-stacked, pick up K/K - one caller who has 10/7 os. Ten on the flop, rivers the 7 for two pair.

Then I was just playing one on my lunch break, Q's again. Flop is 7/4/4. I bet $200, guy reraises me all-in, I call, he turns over K/8 (no flush draw or anything). OBVIOUSLY the guy rivers a K. Unreal.


Edit: And just to add to that, I just finished another. I have pocket 10's, flop is 8/8/Q. Guy puts me all in, I call. He turns over A/J, rivers the Ace. I cannot believe this ****.

At least it's Friday.
 
# 7 Steve_OS @ 03/03/06 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
I worked out before hand, those 5 pound weights are tricky!

And I had to go to the dentist, I actually was late to the dentist because I wanted to finish my match and win. I didn't play with that freshman I usually play with, because he hurt his leg or something, so I played with Shaun a senior who I've known since freshman year and we had a blast just messing around. It's good to be able to mess around and have fun but still win.
Congrats on beating that girl bro.
 
# 8 Steve_OS @ 03/03/06 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkster29
hey all.. i didnt get to post yesterday, but glad Dan had a good time in the all-star game.. had another "snow storm" yesterday (about 2 inches at most) & had to drive to & from NJ in it (for a meeting).. the dinner was cancelled, so i still havent met the Regional VP of the company... oh well.. i am really thinking of going out & picking up a ps2 again for "The Show" (along with Smackdown vs Raw 06)... dont really know too much about that origami to give an answer... my parents are getting ready to leave on a business trip to Toyko & Austriallia tuesday for two weeks - seems like that the first time i stay home on my b-day, they decide to take off ... nice to flip on some ST games (watching a replay of the Yanks/Phils game) & that it looks like the Mets network will be on cable this year in time for the season..
Thanks bro. I recorded it and we are planning on watching it all over again tonight.

Hard to believe the baseball season is just around the corner.
 
# 9 Steve_OS @ 03/03/06 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
At least the game accurately recreates the careers of boxers Also, AK47 has got it made

I have a class in twenty minutes, but then I'm on spring break! No major plans though, and I'm stuck in Charlottesville til after the Last Ball in U-Hall on Sunday (which I'll be attending, hopefully we can beat the Terps and close down that building the right way).


Yeah, AK 47 is a pimp.

Enjoy the break!
 
# 10 Steve_OS @ 03/03/06 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
What's up?

I made the switch this week from Poker Stars to Party Poker because a buncha my friends had been doing real well on it. My first sit-n-go I got third, played good.

Then hellllllo bad beats.

My second s/g I was CL, I had A/A versus A/J suited. Guy runner-runners the flush. Then I pick up Q's, a guy goes all-in trying to buy the pot with A/6 after a low flop. I call, guy rivers the A. Then I'm short-stacked, pick up K/K - one caller who has 10/7 os. Ten on the flop, rivers the 7 for two pair.

Then I was just playing one on my lunch break, Q's again. Flop is 7/4/4. I bet $200, guy reraises me all-in, I call, he turns over K/8 (no flush draw or anything). OBVIOUSLY the guy rivers a K. Unreal.


Edit: And just to add to that, I just finished another. I have pocket 10's, flop is 8/8/Q. Guy puts me all in, I call. He turns over A/J, rivers the Ace. I cannot believe this ****.

At least it's Friday.
I so wish I knew what you were saying.
 
# 11 dieselboy @ 03/03/06 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
What's up?

I made the switch this week from Poker Stars to Party Poker because a buncha my friends had been doing real well on it. My first sit-n-go I got third, played good.

Then hellllllo bad beats.

My second s/g I was CL, I had A/A versus A/J suited. Guy runner-runners the flush. Then I pick up Q's, a guy goes all-in trying to buy the pot with A/6 after a low flop. I call, guy rivers the A. Then I'm short-stacked, pick up K/K - one caller who has 10/7 os. Ten on the flop, rivers the 7 for two pair.

Then I was just playing one on my lunch break, Q's again. Flop is 7/4/4. I bet $200, guy reraises me all-in, I call, he turns over K/8 (no flush draw or anything). OBVIOUSLY the guy rivers a K. Unreal.


Edit: And just to add to that, I just finished another. I have pocket 10's, flop is 8/8/Q. Guy puts me all in, I call. He turns over A/J, rivers the Ace. I cannot believe this ****.

At least it's Friday.
I have played Party Poker for about two years now.... I have a winning percentage in the sit-n-go's of over 45%, which by real poker standards, means I should play as much as I can.....but I don't.

I've kind of taken a long break (about two months now), from online gambling. It is fun, and I love playing poker, but its so time consuming for little payouts. Unless I want to step up to the big games, which I don't have the balls for, I'm not going to make much money off it. I would much rather play games with friends or at the casino with friends.

Whats up?

Well, I'm in the library doing an advertising research assignment. *Yawn* But as it turned out it was pretty damn easy to get information on and I'm just about done.

My two tests yesterday went pretty well. In my Adv 380, I can expect atleast a solid B, and in my Com 245 class I can probably expect a 90% or better. For the rest of the day, not much planned. I'm going to hang out with the girl I did on Wednesday in about, 20 mins, and then in a few hours I have my History483 class, where I plan to stay for 10 minutes to get my exam and essay results. Then, the rest of the evening, probably just party it up.

Whats up with you bitches?
 
# 12 dieselboy @ 03/03/06 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I so wish I knew what you were saying.
Remember like six months ago when you were like, "Dieselboy, I am really interested in learning poker, can you give me some websites?" And I listed about five free-sites that are great for beginning players? Well, it looks like you haven't taken that up yet.

All good, but you should definately get into the world of poker. I bet Mr. Noah could be one hell of a player.
 
# 13 ehh @ 03/03/06 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
I have played Party Poker for about two years now.... I have a winning percentage in the sit-n-go's of over 45%, which by real poker standards, means I should play as much as I can.....but I don't.

I've kind of taken a long break (about two months now), from online gambling. It is fun, and I love playing poker, but its so time consuming for little payouts. Unless I want to step up to the big games, which I don't have the balls for, I'm not going to make much money off it. I would much rather play games with friends or at the casino with friends.
What limits did you play? I do the $22 sit-n-go's which take about an hour. You win $78 if you get first, that's not really a "small" payout IMO for an hour of work. I mean I'm not trying to make a living off it but extra money never hurt anyone. I just withdrew $200 worth of winnings this past weekend to buy my digital camera, it's definately nice to know I got the camera essential for free.

But the key is getting first or second, I go through runs were I get tons of 3rd places (which are better than not placing at all obviously) and you basically run in place for a while.
 
# 14 Steve_OS @ 03/03/06 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
Remember like six months ago when you were like, "Dieselboy, I am really interested in learning poker, can you give me some websites?" And I listed about five free-sites that are great for beginning players? Well, it looks like you haven't taken that up yet.

All good, but you should definately get into the world of poker. I bet Mr. Noah could be one hell of a player.
Yeah, I still have them as favorites, but have never been there. Stop trying to butter me up and take my money!
 
# 15 Herbsinator @ 03/03/06 02:32 PM
Well...I have a rough draft of a paper due in an hour and I have a paragraph of it done so far. And your site, Steve, is distracting...so if I don't get it done...im blaming you.
 
# 16 ehh @ 03/03/06 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbsinator
Well...I have a rough draft of a paper due in an hour and I have a paragraph of it done so far. And your site, Steve, is distracting...so if I don't get it done...im blaming you.
It's a rough draft, who cares?! Do you even get graded on it? It's been a loong time since I've had a mandatory rough draft.
 
# 17 Herbsinator @ 03/03/06 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
It's a rough draft, who cares?! Do you even get graded on it? It's been a loong time since I've had a mandatory rough draft.
Well, I have to turn it in and my prof critiques it and stuff....stupid, I know, but you gotta do what you gotta do to get the grade.
 
# 18 SPTO @ 03/03/06 03:31 PM
I think i'm addicted to 24: The Game. I couldn't sleep last night so I decided to try and beat this part of the game that I was having a hard time with. (I had to shoot down a hellicopter) Well it took me about 15 or so tries and I finally brought it down. I still wasn't sleepy so I played the next part and was having a devil of a time with it. So that was another LOOOONG time trying to beat a section of the game. Needless to say after starting the game at 2 AM I ended up going to bed at 5:30 in the morning.

This is the first time in a LOOOOONG time that a non-sports game has hooked me the way this game has. I don't know how the IGN reviewer can give this a 4.2.

Other then that, it's the weekend so tons of classic movies to watch. I'll mention the 3 movies i'll be watching tomorrow.
 
# 19 Acid @ 03/03/06 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Congrats on beating that girl bro.
:y4:

Don't take anything away from my win, dammit. A win is a win!
 
# 20 The GIGGAS @ 03/03/06 05:00 PM
It's Friday, and my gf comes over tomorrow.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.