Home
News Post

The Pistons beat the Nets last night, but the biggest news might be Darko possibly being traded. I think it's a bad idea, but Dumars has always made the right calls, so whatever works for him, works for me. I can't wait for All-Star weekend! It would be cool to see the Piston All-Stars team up w/ Bron for a few minutes.

I was headed to work this morning and this lady was putting on her makeup, swurving all over the road. At every stop light the horns were sounding off in her direction, she was oblivious. It was actually kind of funny, but had me pissed off at the same time.

I'm really looking forward to another batch of 360 games, I've been playing on my PC more often that not, at least lately. MVP Baseball 2005 is a brand new game!

Question of the Day: Besides gameplay, what is the single most important feature in any video game?

In other news...
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!
r4sog (48), TheTruth916 (21)

Enough about me, what's up with you?

Member Comments
# 1 ExtremeGamer @ 02/15/06 09:46 AM
Not much going on today. It's hump day.

I heard they are making a new Friday the 13th movie, may be a remake or prequel. I blogged my opinions about it. Blog is in my sig.

Clay taught me the way of shameless plugs... LOL
 
# 2 Shaver @ 02/15/06 09:55 AM
That's not a plug.... this is a plug....

Darko may be traded by the end of the day....

CHECK OUT MY BLOG FOR MY "ODE TO DARKO"

Darko and Arroyo for Cato and Orlando's #1 pick. Cato's contract expires so we can sign Ben in the off-season and give Billups a raise. Plus, a new Top 10 pick to experiment with.
 
# 3 SPTO @ 02/15/06 10:01 AM
Not too much going on today. I'm looking forward to watching the Raptors beat the crap out of the Knicks

I found a little blurb at foxsports that I thought was neat. It's not enough for a topic in the football forum so here it is:

Lombardi Grandson Becomes Falcons' Assistant

This is kinda neat IMO because it could test the old saying "greatness skips a generation". Well as far as I know Lombardi's kids never got into coaching so it'll be very interesting to see how his grandson does in the NFL. Even more intriguing is that he's basically being plucked right out of the small college coaching ranks (Mercyhurst College in Erie PA.)

I really hope he has some success in the NFL. It'd be cool to see a legendary family name making a big splash in the sport again.
 
# 4 Steve_OS @ 02/15/06 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Not much going on today. It's hump day.

I heard they are making a new Friday the 13th movie, may be a remake or prequel. I blogged my opinions about it. Blog is in my sig.

Clay taught me the way of shameless plugs... LOL
I think they've made one too many Friday the 13th's!
 
# 5 Steve_OS @ 02/15/06 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
That's not a plug.... this is a plug....

Darko may be traded by the end of the day....

CHECK OUT MY BLOG FOR MY "ODE TO DARKO"

Darko and Arroyo for Cato and Orlando's #1 pick. Cato's contract expires so we can sign Ben in the off-season and give Billups a raise. Plus, a new Top 10 pick to experiment with.
I hear they might have a "No Lottery" pick on that #1. True? Funny blog bro.
 
# 6 Steve_OS @ 02/15/06 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Not too much going on today. I'm looking forward to watching the Raptors beat the crap out of the Knicks

I found a little blurb at foxsports that I thought was neat. It's not enough for a topic in the football forum so here it is:

Lombardi Grandson Becomes Falcons' Assistant

This is kinda neat IMO because it could test the old saying "greatness skips a generation". Well as far as I know Lombardi's kids never got into coaching so it'll be very interesting to see how his grandson does in the NFL. Even more intriguing is that he's basically being plucked right out of the small college coaching ranks (Mercyhurst College in Erie PA.)

I really hope he has some success in the NFL. It'd be cool to see a legendary family name making a big splash in the sport again.
That is pretty cool, hope he does well.
 
# 7 Shaver @ 02/15/06 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I hear they might have a "No Lottery" pick on that #1. True? .
Orlando wants to protect it as they keep anything #7 or better this year. Detroit will bid that down. My guess is that Detroit will concede Top 4 or 5.

Quote:
Funny blog bro
How bout a little front page pluggy pluggy...
 
# 8 bubba4 @ 02/15/06 10:16 AM
Steve, I'd like to comment on your question of the day. For me, the second most important aspect of a game that has to be top notch is the graphics. And in some cases I put graphics ahead of gameplay. I would take a game with outstanding graphics and steady gameplay over a game with great gameplay, but subpar graphics. The visual aspects of games has to be placed at the top of the list of what a game has to have. I would never want to lose any of my senses, but the one that I would never want to be without is my sight. How a game plays is very important. But first we must SEE how that game plays.
Bubba4
 
# 9 Shaver @ 02/15/06 10:17 AM
I missed the question of the day!

My #2 is depth. I want a DEEEEEEP franchise/season/owner mode with tons of options, stats, etc...
 
# 10 Graphik @ 02/15/06 10:24 AM
What it do ppl. Today is my 7th day of cig abstinence. After 8 years of continuous chimey puffin, I finnally have been able to get that monkey of my back. I'm also done with that green leafy hallucinogen. Its been over a month and a half from that. My New Years Rez has been in full effect so far and I feel focused. Next step is to continue my edumacation and eventually buyout Operation Sports and turn into a kiddie porn website, Dedicated to Porn and Kiddie Hardcore Porn.

Anyways, I haven't been able to do anything since I got my 360. I stopped watching the NBA, I stopped reading my books at night, I haven't kept up with Idol and Survivor. Instead, I'm knee deep in COD and PDZ and I cant stop. I'm glad I got one now because it looks like the game releases will start picking up. More and more time will be wasted romancing the 360.

Wow, I finnally decided to turn on signature and its amazing seeing all this various information I've been neglecting for some time. I did'nt know you 2 guys had blogs, I gotta check those out. I wonder what other stuff I've been missing.
 
# 11 noyrbpats @ 02/15/06 10:25 AM
Steve just imagine how good the Pistons would have been with Wade, Bosh, or Carmelo. What a waste of a pick.

I can’t wait until they give us more info on the Playstation 3 online service. So much for Microsoft having a huge advantage with there online strategy. I think Sony has a huge leg up because of there movie and music empires. I also like there idea of the DVD and UMD bundles they are doing, I would pay a few extra dollars for the UMD version also. I might now use my PSP.

My second cousin was 16th at the Olympic in women’s 500m speed skating.

QOTD: As much as I hate to say, It would have to be graphics, graphics sell games as sad as that might sound. Just look at NBA live for the 360.
 
# 12 Graphik @ 02/15/06 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
I missed the question of the day!

My #2 is depth. I want a DEEEEEEP franchise/season/owner mode with tons of options, stats, etc...
My thoughts exactly. I want a game to be so deep, it'll take me half my lifetime to experience everything on the disc. I've developed the habit of buying older PC games that are full of depth. I've picked up Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights Diamond collection, Arx Fatalis, Gothic 2, Freelancer and I'm searcing for System Shock 2 and Ultima 8. All these games could take 40-100 hours for completion. Thats the depth I'm taking bout! I have'nt even played but a few of these and thats to go along with a few XBOX1 titles I have yet to start.
 
# 13 Steve_OS @ 02/15/06 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Orlando wants to protect it as they keep anything #7 or better this year. Detroit will bid that down. My guess is that Detroit will concede Top 4 or 5.


How bout a little front page pluggy pluggy...
Nice!

Plugged in today's WU!
 
# 14 Steve_OS @ 02/15/06 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4
Steve, I'd like to comment on your question of the day. For me, the second most important aspect of a game that has to be top notch is the graphics. And in some cases I put graphics ahead of gameplay. I would take a game with outstanding graphics and steady gameplay over a game with great gameplay, but subpar graphics. The visual aspects of games has to be placed at the top of the list of what a game has to have. I would never want to lose any of my senses, but the one that I would never want to be without is my sight. How a game plays is very important. But first we must SEE how that game plays.
Bubba4
I can't put graphics over gameplay, I used to, but not anymore. I know what you mean tho. I think the next series of Madden and Live, 2K7, etc will show a lot of the things you want.
 
# 15 Steve_OS @ 02/15/06 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
What it do ppl. Today is my 7th day of cig abstinence. After 8 years of continuous chimey puffin, I finnally have been able to get that monkey of my back. I'm also done with that green leafy hallucinogen. Its been over a month and a half from that. My New Years Rez has been in full effect so far and I feel focused. Next step is to continue my edumacation and eventually buyout Operation Sports and turn into a kiddie porn website, Dedicated to Porn and Kiddie Hardcore Porn.

Anyways, I haven't been able to do anything since I got my 360. I stopped watching the NBA, I stopped reading my books at night, I haven't kept up with Idol and Survivor. Instead, I'm knee deep in COD and PDZ and I cant stop. I'm glad I got one now because it looks like the game releases will start picking up. More and more time will be wasted romancing the 360.

Wow, I finnally decided to turn on signature and its amazing seeing all this various information I've been neglecting for some time. I did'nt know you 2 guys had blogs, I gotta check those out. I wonder what other stuff I've been missing.
Good luck w/ that buyout bro!

Congrats on kicking that bad habit, how are you doing it? Just will power?

CoD2 is nice, but I can't get into PDZ, I'm just not feelin' that game at all.
 
# 16 Steve_OS @ 02/15/06 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noyrbpats
Steve just imagine how good the Pistons would have been with Wade, Bosh, or Carmelo. What a waste of a pick.

I canít wait until they give us more info on the Playstation 3 online service. So much for Microsoft having a huge advantage with there online strategy. I think Sony has a huge leg up because of there movie and music empires. I also like there idea of the DVD and UMD bundles they are doing, I would pay a few extra dollars for the UMD version also. I might now use my PSP.

My second cousin was 16th at the Olympic in womenís 500m speed skating.

QOTD: As much as I hate to say, It would have to be graphics, graphics sell games as sad as that might sound. Just look at NBA live for the 360.
While it was a wasted pick, I'm not disappointed, they won a ring w/ Darko. Would they have won w/ the other guys? Maybe, maybe not. I don't see much defense when watching Mello or Wade, the Pistons won w/ defense. I'm sure the scoring would have helped though. But then again, we had Larry Brown, notorious for not playing the young guys, if they got Wade or whoever, who's to say LB would have played them? Oh well, it's all good, hope the Stones can get a top 5 out of it, but I doubt that is going to happen.

Very cool that your cousin was even in the Olympics! Congrats to her!
 
# 17 Graphik @ 02/15/06 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Good luck w/ that buyout bro!

Congrats on kicking that bad habit, how are you doing it? Just will power?

CoD2 is nice, but I can't get into PDZ, I'm just not feelin' that game at all.

I just went cold turkey. The first few days were hard but I found comfort in a bag of ranch flavored sunflower seeds.

Anyone played Condemed? I'm thinking about grabbing that one but I hear its much to short. Any comments on that one?

As for the buyout, would you take 100 bucks, 2 20 dollar gift cards to McDonalds and a coupon for half off your next purchase of a 9mm handgun?
 
# 18 pb4201 @ 02/15/06 11:10 AM
[quote=Graphik]I just went cold turkey. The first few days were hard but I found comfort in a bag of ranch flavored sunflower seeds.

Graphik, good to hear about kicking the habbit...i've lost too many family members because of it...Keep it up...i've had friends quit by downing jolly ranchers to quit...whatever works man!

not much else going on with me...has anyone picked up Winning Eleven 9...i've heard some good things but then I've also heard its similar to WE 8....so I'm not sure if its worth it...also been getting antsy to get the 360...finally some good games coming out!!!

QOTHD: BUGS...they drive me nuts especially with the 2K games...they are always are so close to perfection but then there is also something that drives me nuts!!! And most of the stuff should have been caught in Quality Assurance!!!
 
# 19 pb4201 @ 02/15/06 11:11 AM
[quote=Graphik]I just went cold turkey. The first few days were hard but I found comfort in a bag of ranch flavored sunflower seeds. [quote=Graphik]

Graphik, good to hear about kicking the habbit...i've lost too many family members because of it...Keep it up...i've had friends quit by downing jolly ranchers to quit...whatever works man!

not much else going on with me...has anyone picked up Winning Eleven 9...i've heard some good things but then I've also heard its similar to WE 8....so I'm not sure if its worth it...also been getting antsy to get the 360...finally some good games coming out!!!

QOTHD: BUGS...they drive me nuts especially with the 2K games...they are always are so close to perfection but then there is also something that drives me nuts!!! And most of the stuff should have been caught in Quality Assurance!!!
 
# 20 Steve_OS @ 02/15/06 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I just went cold turkey. The first few days were hard but I found comfort in a bag of ranch flavored sunflower seeds.

Anyone played Condemed? I'm thinking about grabbing that one but I hear its much to short. Any comments on that one?

As for the buyout, would you take 100 bucks, 2 20 dollar gift cards to McDonalds and a coupon for half off your next purchase of a 9mm handgun?
Congrats, keep it up. Smoking is a very hard habit to just kick to the curb.

I beat Condemned, yeah...it's kinda short and I thought there were some slow moments, but all in all, I'd give it an 8 out of 10. There are some scary moments in the game, but I can't get into the games where you have to search for a certain something to open a door, etc. If I have a steel axe, I'm sorry, I'm breaking that door down, I don't need a crowbar!

As for the buyout, I'll have to strongly consider that offer.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.