Home
News Post

We have just posted our interview with Chien Yu, Project Manager for Major League Baseball 2K6.
Operation Sports: "There were several major bugs and glitches in last year’s game, including: the CPU pitcher always walking the #8 batter, regardless of the situation; no CPU sacrifice bunting when using any pitching interface other than K-zone; player movement resulting in muddled lineups with two SS’s and/or two DH’s, or bench players missing from the lineup altogether. Have these problems been identified and fixed?"
Chien Yu: "We have definitely identified much of these issues you’ve written in about and we have addressed a good portion of the problems at this time. When the game ships in March, you shouldn’t have this problem plaguing your gameplay anymore."

Member Comments
# 1 ehh @ 02/03/06 08:20 PM
Quote:
When the game ships in March, you shouldn’t have this problem plaguing your gameplay anymore."


Big words right there, let's see if they back them up. Thanks alot for the interview, Steve.
 
# 2 HealyMonster @ 02/03/06 08:42 PM
after reading that, it appears that inside edge is the answer for everything, evry problem, and everything we could ever want to know about 2k sports mlb. and all along i thought it was just tendencies.
 
# 3 Dzson @ 02/03/06 11:25 PM
They never give a straight answer but this should be good
 
# 4 nyisles16 @ 02/04/06 12:07 AM
we’ve also added rain delays and rain outs for 2K6.



-- hope this is true..
 
# 5 jpup @ 02/04/06 12:45 AM
terrible.

very good questions, but he didn't answer many of them. it doesn't sound promising, but hopefully something was lost in the translation.
 
# 6 StriderNo9 @ 02/04/06 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
terrible.

very good questions, but he didn't answer many of them. it doesn't sound promising, but hopefully something was lost in the translation.
2K sports is notorious for complicated, baffling glitches, I remember trying to give Ken Griffey Jr. long sleaves and when I did that, he lost his signature swing, and it became generic, that makes no sense.
 
# 7 Behindshadows @ 02/04/06 12:12 PM
This game will end up being a great game. I bought MVP and MLB 2k / World Series...every year...And why everyone is trying their best to find flaws with this game before its even out. Just shows even if the game came out near perfection you still wouldn't be happy.

If you already feel this game will be bugged or glitched or messed up...Just don't bother to even buy it. Save yourself the future complaints of flaws you are already seeking to be in it.

True in this interview 2k still muffled around questions with nonchalant answers...But no doubt with the resources they have now and the development expansion. It should be better than the previous 2k Baseball games...Stop being so negative people its not even out yet and your looking for flaws....

Like people tell 2k about the football scenario...MVP MLB is gone. Don't expect 2k6 to play like it or to be like it...

Just wait and see, get use to the different feel and enjoy the game....I mean what game rather its EA or 2k doesn't have glitches or flaws....Nothing will ever be perfect when it comes to sports video games..
 
# 8 mjb2124 @ 02/04/06 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Just shows even if the game came out near perfection you still wouldn't be happy.
I disagree. The past says a lot about games and last years effort was very poor. Of course they could turn things completely around in 1 year, but it's not easy to do. I was at least hoping the swing/throwing animations would be improved and that isn't the case.

When issues from last years game are asked and the answers supplied either avoid the question completely or discuss some other feature within the game, that's not good.

With that said, I have high hopes for the game. I'm very hard on baseball games as that's easily my favorite sports video game. I'm just concerned that Inside Edge seems to be the answer to everything surrounding this game.
 
# 9 Behindshadows @ 02/04/06 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
I disagree. The past says a lot about games and last years effort was very poor. Of course they could turn things completely around in 1 year, but it's not easy to do. I was at least hoping the swing/throwing animations would be improved and that isn't the case.

When issues from last years game are asked and the answers supplied either avoid the question completely or discuss some other feature within the game, that's not good.

With that said, I have high hopes for the game. I'm very hard on baseball games as that's easily my favorite sports video game. I'm just concerned that Inside Edge seems to be the answer to everything surrounding this game.

Yeah but considering this might be the final outing for current gen...I'm not expecting alot for that version. Now the 360 version is the one I'm eager for and will be critical on....But as far as current gen, I'm not expecting a big difference more like an expansion or slight upgrade...even though...I know alot of people are expecting a whole new game...I don't see that happening at all...
 
# 10 mjb2124 @ 02/04/06 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Yeah but considering this might be the final outing for current gen...I'm not expecting alot for that version. Now the 360 version is the one I'm eager for and will be critical on....But as far as current gen, I'm not expecting a big difference more like an expansion or slight upgrade...even though...I know alot of people are expecting a whole new game...I don't see that happening at all...
Good point regarding current gen. I also have a 360 and am waiting to hear some info regarding that game. I just hope it's not a port from the current gen with improved graphics.
 
# 11 UkTribe @ 02/06/06 09:33 AM
Put me in the "worried" camp.

No-one is making us buy this........but this year there is so much less choice that its realistic to hope that this will be a good game. And I say this as a historic Sega / 2k fan.

I would be stunned if the main bugs from before weren't fixed but who knows what else will open up ? The fiasco that was last years franchise mode indicates that 2k did little or no testing (or at least no bug fixing).

I didnt like the tone of the interview. It didnt answer the critical questions. Its ludicrous to suggest that Inside Edge will fix the pitch counts and walks realism issues. It's the AI and sliders that will fix these and this is not the same thing.

I'm not worried about ESPN Integration but his answer was pure arrogance and spin. Its the underlying attitude that worries me.

As I say, I've always willed 2k to succeed due to their Sega heritage.....but last years game was a real let down.
 
# 12 TheLetterZ @ 02/06/06 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
I disagree. The past says a lot about games and last years effort was very poor. Of course they could turn things completely around in 1 year, but it's not easy to do. I was at least hoping the swing/throwing animations would be improved and that isn't the case.

When issues from last years game are asked and the answers supplied either avoid the question completely or discuss some other feature within the game, that's not good.

With that said, I have high hopes for the game. I'm very hard on baseball games as that's easily my favorite sports video game. I'm just concerned that Inside Edge seems to be the answer to everything surrounding this game.
As usual, I agree completely with joeboo.
 
# 13 Skerik @ 02/06/06 12:58 PM
The more I hear about this and other baseball offerings for this year, the more I realize that I'll be playing a modded MVP '05 on PC for quite a while.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.