Home
News Post

It's Friday! The Super Bowl is almost here, can you dig it!?!?!?

The Cavs couldn't hang w/ the Heat last night, sorry EG. The Pistons are in Philly tonight, should be a great game. The Sixers seem to always play the Pistons tough.

Question of the Day: Which game are you anticipating the most?

In other news...
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!
goobamccoy55 (34), BadKermit (28), KingofHearts444 (25), Mystery Ridah (25), Nolesfan2740 (17)

Enough about me, what's up with you?

Member Comments
# 1 ExtremeGamer @ 02/03/06 09:09 AM
Cavs got TROUNCED! It wasn't even a game. When they cut it to 9 in the 3rd I was hopeful, but within 2 mins it was back to 22 points. Just an ugly, ugly game. Losing Z in the first 5 mins didn't help either.

Not much going on today. Just happy it's FRIDAY!!!!!!!! Woot woot!

Super Bowl party at my house on Sunday. We are going to have a ton of food. I sit in my recliner, turn up the surround sound, and chill out watching the game in glorious HD.
 
# 2 RCTfansMal818 @ 02/03/06 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveOS
Question of the Day: Which game are you anticipating the most?
The game that anticipate the most is San Andreas because its a great game with more missions and extended cities from last 2 games.

I hope the Lakers will win this time against the Bobcats with unlucky 13 game losing streak.

2 more days til Super Bowl!
 
# 3 Steve_OS @ 02/03/06 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Cavs got TROUNCED! It wasn't even a game. When they cut it to 9 in the 3rd I was hopeful, but within 2 mins it was back to 22 points. Just an ugly, ugly game. Losing Z in the first 5 mins didn't help either.

Not much going on today. Just happy it's FRIDAY!!!!!!!! Woot woot!

Super Bowl party at my house on Sunday. We are going to have a ton of food. I sit in my recliner, turn up the surround sound, and chill out watching the game in glorious HD.
Ah yes, HD indeedy!
 
# 4 Acid @ 02/03/06 09:14 AM
Hmm, I'm not sure what game I'm anticipating the most, probably Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter or Fight Night 3.

School should be boring today, it used to be fun when I had my old US History teacher, now the day just drags on the entire class period.
 
# 5 ExtremeGamer @ 02/03/06 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Ah yes, HD indeedy!
Oh yeah, game I'm most looking forward to.

MLB 06 The Show for the PS2.
 
# 6 Steve_OS @ 02/03/06 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTfansMal818
The game that anticipate the most is San Andreas because its a great game with more missions and extended cities from last 2 games.

I hope the Lakers will win this time against the Bobcats with unlucky 13 game losing streak.

2 more days til Super Bowl!
GTA games are fun, unfortunately I never have the time to actually sit there and complete but a few missions, then I'm off to some sports gaming. I don't know, I mean it's fun, but at the same time I don't get much out of it, like I used to. I have too many sports games to keep me busy, so I'd have to say I'm looking forward to College Hoops 2K6 for the 360, the most.
 
# 7 Steve_OS @ 02/03/06 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
Hmm, I'm not sure what game I'm anticipating the most, probably Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter or Fight Night 3.

School should be boring today, it used to be fun when I had my old US History teacher, now the day just drags on the entire class period.
Good picks Acid Non-sports gaming related, I'm definitely looking forward to GR:AW the most.
 
# 8 TJdaSportsGuy @ 02/03/06 09:20 AM
Ahhh yes, Friday indeed. I spent a little extra time at work last night so I can leave on time tonight. I'm ready to get the heck outta here.

As for the Super Bowl, our radio station has a remote at this place that's going to have the game on three different movie theatres. Should be pretty damn cool.

Welp, I did it. I put a bunch of my XBox 360 games up on eBay this morning. Gonna take the cash from those games and (re)purchase a PS2, so I can FINALLY play MVP NCAA 06, and I'll probably wind up getting Smackdown vs. Raw 2006, another title I've yet to even try out.

What game am I anticipating? Probably MVP NCAA 06 when I actually get to play it!

Have a great weekend, folks!
 
# 9 scuiuc @ 02/03/06 09:23 AM
Is it already Friday? Geez, quick week at work, feel like I haven't really gotten that much done. Having some friends over for the Superbowl will be a great time though. Just need to figure out where we're going to set up the projector so that everyone can see it without any problems.

I'd say the 2 games that I'm waiting for are MLB 2K6, and Battlefield 2. Hope that they don't disappoint.

Just sold my xbox to some guy at work for $100. Not a bad deal considering he only took 1 controller and no games. Now I also need to ebay the rest of my games...
 
# 10 jpup @ 02/03/06 09:33 AM
What game am I looking forward to the most? It has to be Ghost Rhecon Advanced Warfighter for 360.

I finally finished up my MVP NCAA '06 roster set for PS2. If anyone would like to check it out, here is the link: http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...d.php?t=158977

I spent too much time making them, but I feel a sense of accomplishment after doing it and I enjoy sharing them with other people. I actually get to spend some time with the game now. I haven't had the chance to play and it's been driving me nuts. I really like the game and hope they make a 360 version next winter.

I, of course, have to work tonight and I'm not looking forward to that, but you have to pay the bills. I have to work 13 and 1/2 hours on Saturday as well, due to doing some CPR training that last 5 hours. That will probably prove to be worth it though.

In other news, Nick Lachey is now dating Lizzie Arnold, who I went to high school with and was friends with. We had a bunch of classes together and graduated in the same class. We all knew she would be back out to California when she grew up. She is a smart girl, she was 1st in the class in GPA and was class president and all that good stuff. Truth be known, her parents probably have more money than does Nick. Her money got her part of what she has attained, but she is a very down to earth person who I would consider a friend. She is much smarter that we are lead to believe Jessica Simpson is, although I'd take Jessica in a second if I were choosing.

All of the media reports about her age are wrong, unless she was lying all through middle and high school, she is actually 25 not the reported 28.

Here is her website, I just came across it:

http://elizabethannarnold.net/open.html
 
# 11 Shaver @ 02/03/06 09:37 AM
TGIF Motherscratchers!!!

This week is draggin'!!!! Between work, the gym, the kids, writing a review for the #1 sports gaming website on the 'Net, and trying to keep up with my BLOG (and failing).... I'm spent!!

My weekend is packed full. I have to go to the gym after work for my HIIT session. Anyone doing the HIIT thing? I love it!! So much better for people with full-time jobs and work!

Tomorrow my kids are having their Birthday party at Pump It Up (www.pumpitupparty.com)... should be a blast.

Pistons are on tonight and tomorrow (Philly and Indy)...

Big Game on Sunday which I'm just having a small get-together, but I'm doing all of the cooking, so it will be an early morning.

Should get my squares today... come on 0's, 3's, and 7's!!!!

I think the game I'm looking forward to most is EA's NFL Head Coach. I'm sure they could find a way to screw it up... but this came has the potential to be tits.
 
# 12 Steve_OS @ 02/03/06 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Ahhh yes, Friday indeed. I spent a little extra time at work last night so I can leave on time tonight. I'm ready to get the heck outta here.

As for the Super Bowl, our radio station has a remote at this place that's going to have the game on three different movie theatres. Should be pretty damn cool.

Welp, I did it. I put a bunch of my XBox 360 games up on eBay this morning. Gonna take the cash from those games and (re)purchase a PS2, so I can FINALLY play MVP NCAA 06, and I'll probably wind up getting Smackdown vs. Raw 2006, another title I've yet to even try out.

What game am I anticipating? Probably MVP NCAA 06 when I actually get to play it!

Have a great weekend, folks!
3 movie theatres? Wow, that would be soooooo sweet! I've heard some people play their 360's in those theatres, if and when they get access. That has to be one hell of an experience.

Nice, getting a PS2 huh? Not only can you get those games, but MLB 06: The Show is going to be nice as well.
 
# 13 Steve_OS @ 02/03/06 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuiuc
Is it already Friday? Geez, quick week at work, feel like I haven't really gotten that much done. Having some friends over for the Superbowl will be a great time though. Just need to figure out where we're going to set up the projector so that everyone can see it without any problems.

I'd say the 2 games that I'm waiting for are MLB 2K6, and Battlefield 2. Hope that they don't disappoint.

Just sold my xbox to some guy at work for $100. Not a bad deal considering he only took 1 controller and no games. Now I also need to ebay the rest of my games...
Which projector do you have?

Not a bad deal at all for you on the Xbox.
 
# 14 Steve_OS @ 02/03/06 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
What game am I looking forward to the most? It has to be Ghost Rhecon Advanced Warfighter for 360.

I finally finished up my MVP NCAA '06 roster set for PS2. If anyone would like to check it out, here is the link: http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...d.php?t=158977

I spent too much time making them, but I feel a sense of accomplishment after doing it and I enjoy sharing them with other people. I actually get to spend some time with the game now. I haven't had the chance to play and it's been driving me nuts. I really like the game and hope they make a 360 version next winter.

I, of course, have to work tonight and I'm not looking forward to that, but you have to pay the bills. I have to work 13 and 1/2 hours on Saturday as well, due to doing some CPR training that last 5 hours. That will probably prove to be worth it though.

In other news, Nick Lachey is now dating Lizzie Arnold, who I went to high school with and was friends with. We had a bunch of classes together and graduated in the same class. We all knew she would be back out to California when she grew up. She is a smart girl, she was 1st in the class in GPA and was class president and all that good stuff. Truth be known, her parents probably have more money than does Nick. Her money got her part of what she has attained, but she is a very down to earth person who I would consider a friend. She is much smarter that we are lead to believe Jessica Simpson is, although I'd take Jessica in a second if I were choosing.

All of the media reports about her age are wrong, unless she was lying all through middle and high school, she is actually 25 not the reported 28.

Here is her website, I just came across it:

http://elizabethannarnold.net/open.html
I know a lot of people respect what you've done w/ those rosters bro. If I had the PS2 version, I'd be all over them.

Ouch, long night and day ahead of you, at least it's something you have interest in tho, so it won't be that bad.

Elizabeth Arnold is definitely easy on the eyes. I feel so horrible for Nick.
 
# 15 Steve_OS @ 02/03/06 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
TGIF Motherscratchers!!!

This week is draggin'!!!! Between work, the gym, the kids, writing a review for the #1 sports gaming website on the 'Net, and trying to keep up with my BLOG (and failing).... I'm spent!!

My weekend is packed full. I have to go to the gym after work for my HIIT session. Anyone doing the HIIT thing? I love it!! So much better for people with full-time jobs and work!

Tomorrow my kids are having their Birthday party at Pump It Up (www.pumpitupparty.com)... should be a blast.

Pistons are on tonight and tomorrow (Philly and Indy)...

Big Game on Sunday which I'm just having a small get-together, but I'm doing all of the cooking, so it will be an early morning.

Should get my squares today... come on 0's, 3's, and 7's!!!!

I think the game I'm looking forward to most is EA's NFL Head Coach. I'm sure they could find a way to screw it up... but this came has the potential to be tits.
HIIT? What is that, some sort of cardio?

Tell me more about "Pumpitup". Looks like one is coming soon to my area.

Quote:
...but this came has the potential to be tits.
 
# 16 DaveIsHere @ 02/03/06 09:50 AM
Gotta love a job where you always have a half day on Friday!!!!

Gonna go home,clean up the house and then play some MVP 05 and 06 and maybe have some Appleton's and Coke this evening
 
# 17 Skerik @ 02/03/06 09:52 AM
Word up, OS. I'm freaking sore today after playing hoops last night for the first time in a while. I actually played pretty well considering, but holy hell am I out of shape. Good times at the Y last night though.

Most of my work-related deadlines were yesterday, so it doesn't appear as if I have much to do today. For that reason, it'll take a supreme act of willpower to not burn some vacation time and take this afternoon off, but we'll see. I feel like going home and watching a movie I've seen hundreds of times before, like Jurassic Park. I found it on TV last night during the scene where the T-Rex gets loose and pushes the car over the cliff, but I fell asleep soon afterwards. Speaking of which, notice how the T-Rex (and the goat it eats) appears next to them on solid ground, but then that solid ground becomes this enormous cliff so the dinosaur can push a car off it. Pretty funny.

This should be a pretty sports-tastic weekend. I'm going to the Villanova-Marquette game tomorrow at 2pm, then leaving right afterwards to make the Flyers-Rangers game at 5pm. And then it's Super Bowl Sunday! This 2-week-long break between the conference championship games and the SB has got to go. Tooooo long.

Edit: Damn, I always forget to answer the question of the day. College Hoops 2K6 for the 360.
 
# 18 Steve_OS @ 02/03/06 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveIsHere
Gotta love a job where you always have a half day on Friday!!!!

Gonna go home,clean up the house and then play some MVP 05 and 06 and maybe have some Appleton's and Coke this evening
And how did you manage to get that schedule?!?!
 
# 19 Steve_OS @ 02/03/06 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerik
Word up, OS. I'm freaking sore today after playing hoops last night for the first time in a while. I actually played pretty well considering, but holy hell am I out of shape. Good times at the Y last night though.

Most of my work-related deadlines were yesterday, so it doesn't appear as if I have much to do today. For that reason, it'll take a supreme act of willpower to not burn some vacation time and take this afternoon off, but we'll see. I feel like going home and watching a movie I've seen hundreds of times before, like Jurassic Park. I found it on TV last night during the scene where the T-Rex gets loose and pushes the car over the cliff, but I fell asleep soon afterwards. Speaking of which, notice how the T-Rex (and the goat it eats) appears next to them on solid ground, but then that solid ground becomes this enormous cliff so the dinosaur can push a car off it. Pretty funny.

This should be a pretty sports-tastic weekend. I'm going to the Villanova-Marquette game tomorrow at 2pm, then leaving right afterwards to make the Flyers-Rangers game at 5pm. And then it's Super Bowl Sunday! This 2-week-long break between the conference championship games and the SB has got to go. Tooooo long.

Edit: Damn, I always forget to answer the question of the day. College Hoops 2K6 for the 360.
How many points did ya score? Dunk on anyone?

Never noticed that in Jurrasic Park, but I hear there are a lot of wierd things that happen in movies that people overlook, unless they watch it a few times. I think there is a website for it, but can't remember what it is.

You have a fun weekend ahead of you, enjoy!
 
# 20 Steve_OS @ 02/03/06 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilateen
I hate football but Seahawks will win the SB.
I hope so.
 

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.