Home
News Post

My wife's battery died in her car yesterday. We couldn't get the lights to turn on or anything. I tried to jump it, but it was totally dead. I ran over to Track Auto and got a new battery and it's good as new. Well, other than for some strange reason, when the car is standing still w/ the engine running there is a high pitch noise coming from somewhere. As soon as you let off the brake and go, the sound goes away. It's really irritating, anyone know what it could be?

The Pistons got back to their winning ways by handling the T-Wolves last night. Bron had a triple-dub on the Nets, nice stat line for him.

Dan lost a squeaker last night, we were missing our big man, but they still should have won the game. Dan is under the weather as was our main shooter, so the offense looked a bit sluggish. We had a chance to send it to OT at the buzzer, but the shot was short.

Even though I honestly don't really care who wins the Super Bowl (Go Hawks, heh) I'm getting a little antsy for the game, I really hope it's a good game and not a blowout by either team. I can't wait to see the commercials too.

Question of the Day: What is your current favorite song?

In other news...
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!
Battlestar (33), tedknick (31), BrewBomber (30), Bakes (27), NCoffey (22), sccdct34 (22), aps22 (19)

Enough about me, what's up with you?

Member Comments
# 1 ExtremeGamer @ 02/02/06 09:53 AM
What up! Big game for the Cavs tonight, national TV against the Heat. We finally beat New Jersey! Yayyyy!

Favorite current song - Angels/Losing/Sleep by Our Lady Peace. OLP has been my favorite band for 11 years.
 
# 2 mjb2124 @ 02/02/06 10:02 AM
Just sitting here at work thinking about how to fit everyone in front of my TV for the Super Bowl party I'm having. Since I'm the only one in my family with an HDTV, I figured I'd host it. Little did I know I'd end up with a bunch of people... At least everyone is bringing food so I'll have some good leftovers all next week. Definately a good thing since I hate making dinner every night after work.

In any case, looks like I need to move some furniture and my TV around as the way I have things setup now, it's not really ideal for a large gathering. So I guess that's my Saturday project. What fun....

Favorite song....hmmmmm....I'll go with "Here we go Steelers" or the Troy Polamalu song that's played around here.
 
# 3 ExtremeGamer @ 02/02/06 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
Just sitting here at work thinking about how to fit everyone in front of my TV for the Super Bowl party I'm having. Since I'm the only one in my family with an HDTV, I figured I'd host it. Little did I know I'd end up with a bunch of people... At least everyone is bringing food so I'll have some good leftovers all next week. Definately a good thing since I hate making dinner every night after work.

In any case, looks like I need to move some furniture and my TV around as the way I have things setup now, it's not really ideal for a large gathering. So I guess that's my Saturday project. What fun....

Favorite song....hmmmmm....I'll go with "Here we go Steelers" or the Troy Polamalu song that's played around here.
I have between 25-40 people at my house every Super Bowl. It's not easy. And it's a pain to clean up after, usually, the game ends and I'm urging people out the door! LOL
 
# 4 mjb2124 @ 02/02/06 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I have between 25-40 people at my house every Super Bowl. It's not easy. And it's a pain to clean up after, usually, the game ends and I'm urging people out the door! LOL
Ohhh, I'll definately be booting them out after the game! I know my girlfriend's family loves to sit around an BS all night, but I'm working the next day so they'll get the boot.

It's going to be an adventure, that's for sure.
 
# 5 Skerik @ 02/02/06 10:41 AM
I'm playing basketball with some co-workers after work today. My game (and my body) is pretty out of shape, but fortunately at 6'5" I have more height than almost any of them. I'm walking around work proclaiming today's game, "the end of panzy weak runners in the lane." So we'll see how that goes.

Otherwise, still reeling from last night's Duke-BC game, for a variety of reasons. And after hoops tonight, I plan on coming home to watch the Flyers game against Buffalo. Pretty standard....

Edit: current favorite song is anything played on 8/2/03 or 8/3/03 by Phish.
 
# 6 ehh @ 02/02/06 11:10 AM
Current fav song is Losing Hope by Jack Johnson. Just got his older album last week and I'm a huge fan of that song.


Normal day today - work, gym, run, dinner, Pokerstars. Almost Friday.
 
# 7 SPTO @ 02/02/06 11:24 AM
fave song at the moment (well it's not new but not OLD either) I wish - carl henry. He's a canadian R&B singer. Pretty darn good song.

As for the Super Bowl i'll be going to my cousin's house as her husband has an HDTV in his basement so we'll be gathered there watching the game. I remember the last time we went there was the Patriots/Panthers SB and it was fun! My father and I were cheering on the Panthers and my cousin's hubby was cheering on the Pats. My father and I would be dancing and talking smack everytime the Panthers did something good! LOL

As for today, nothing interesting, just awaiting the WWE 24/7 schedule to refresh.

Oh, last night I watched a very interesting docu-drama on the first emperor of China. It was VERY informative and enlightening. I really enjoyed the drama part of the documentary where they had actors acting out the legend of the emperor. He truly was larger then life. It aired on Dsicovery Canada last night and aired on the US Discovery Channel on the 29th of Jan. I'm sure they'll replay it at some point if you're interested.
 
# 8 Husker_OS @ 02/02/06 11:29 AM
I just want to go back to sleep. I'd love to sleep til about 7 PM then wake up and go to our Dazed And Confused swap tonight. Gotta love having no class on Fridays. Means I can get drunk at the party on Thursday night and then sleep all day Friday lol.
 
# 9 ehh @ 02/02/06 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker9
I just want to go back to sleep. I'd love to sleep til about 7 PM then wake up and go to our Dazed And Confused swap tonight. Gotta love having no class on Fridays. Means I can get drunk at the party on Thursday night and then sleep all day Friday lol.

Fall semester my senior year I only had class on Tues/Thurs. It was baaaaaaad news for my liver.
 
# 10 bjf1377 @ 02/02/06 12:03 PM
Favorite Song: Wonderful - Bubba Sparxxx; I've been a great mood since yesterday and this song only helps. Can't wait for his new CD to come out.

- Happy that the Cavs FINALLY beat the Nets. Of course I have a bad feeling about tonight, seen as how they get no rest and have to face a tough Miami team. I think LeBron may really have to dominate this game for the Cavs to win (I'm thinking 40 points)

- Some friends are coming over our apartment to have a little party tonight...too bad I'm not a drinker, haha.

- My girl issues have been finally sorted out, woohoo. Now I have a great girlfriend

- That USB device list was pretty funny

- Happy birthday to NCoffey and everyone else
 
# 11 CM Hooe @ 02/02/06 12:20 PM
Favorite song at the moment, probably "Just Watch The Fireworks" by Jimmy Eat World.

Yesterday I had an intramural basketball game and I actually played very well. We had nine players, so I didn't play the whole time, but I made my fair share of buckets, got a block, and even took a charge. We ended up winning, so my IM basketball team is already better than my IM football team. It was fun.

I am wishing that the distributor of those USB air darts would ship overseas; I so want those!
 
# 12 mjb2124 @ 02/02/06 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker9
Gotta love having no class on Fridays. Means I can get drunk at the party on Thursday night and then sleep all day Friday lol.
Ya gotta go out on Thursday night regardless of classes on Friday. I had an 8am on Friday my final semester and I was out drinking late every Thursday. Only missed that class once. Then again, the class was a 4th level programming class and the professor just BS'ed on Friday's anyhow.

The college years were definately some of the best times of my life.
 
# 13 Havok410 @ 02/02/06 01:08 PM
Fav. Song : Vakill - Worst Fears Confirmed (great album if you like hiphop with great lyrics).

I decided to stay home the whole day today since i'm feeling under the weather. My throat is hurting like a b***h. Nothing is helping it either. I might have to schedule a doctor's appointment to get it checked out.

I guess i'll just spend the day off playing xbox360 and browsing the internet. Fun stuff...

Wizards lost to the Raptors last night in a thriller. We were down by 18 in the 4th quarter but stormed back to cut it to 1 point. But Mike James hits 2 open three pointers to give the Raptors the win. I was dissapointed by the outcome and for the fact that the Wiz couldn't get back to .500. But the team showed alot of heart and hustle for once.
 
# 14 crd829 @ 02/02/06 01:28 PM
Well, other than for some strange reason, when the car is standing still w/ the engine running there is a high pitch noise coming from somewhere. As soon as you let off the brake and go, the sound goes away. It's really irritating, anyone know what it could be?




Sounds like the belts.You may wanna try tightning or replacing them.
 
# 15 Steve_OS @ 02/02/06 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
What up! Big game for the Cavs tonight, national TV against the Heat. We finally beat New Jersey! Yayyyy!

Favorite current song - Angels/Losing/Sleep by Our Lady Peace. OLP has been my favorite band for 11 years.
I didn't realize you guys lost so often to Jersey, have they had your number lately? Should be a great game tonight, for sure.

Never heard of that song.
 
# 16 Steve_OS @ 02/02/06 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilateen
Whats up OS?

Played COD2 yesterday for the 1st time...lovely. Also the high pitched noise might be the serpentine belt.

My current favorite song...Chris Brown - Yo (Excuse Me Miss).

Everywhere I go, the song is on and being pumped loud.
Serpentine belt huh? It's very wierd, it almost sounds like a high pitch long beep, not really a belt. And it goes away as soon as you press the gas. Even if we put it in park, we hear it.
 
# 17 Steve_OS @ 02/02/06 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
Just sitting here at work thinking about how to fit everyone in front of my TV for the Super Bowl party I'm having. Since I'm the only one in my family with an HDTV, I figured I'd host it. Little did I know I'd end up with a bunch of people... At least everyone is bringing food so I'll have some good leftovers all next week. Definately a good thing since I hate making dinner every night after work.

In any case, looks like I need to move some furniture and my TV around as the way I have things setup now, it's not really ideal for a large gathering. So I guess that's my Saturday project. What fun....

Favorite song....hmmmmm....I'll go with "Here we go Steelers" or the Troy Polamalu song that's played around here.
Got a link to the Poamula song? I've never heard it.
 
# 18 ExtremeGamer @ 02/02/06 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I didn't realize you guys lost so often to Jersey, have they had your number lately? Should be a great game tonight, for sure.

Never heard of that song.
If you go to my myspace.com page, the video is on there for the song.

Yeah, Jersey owned us! I'm hoping we take down Miami tonight for 8 in a row!
 
# 19 Steve_OS @ 02/02/06 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerik
I'm playing basketball with some co-workers after work today. My game (and my body) is pretty out of shape, but fortunately at 6'5" I have more height than almost any of them. I'm walking around work proclaiming today's game, "the end of panzy weak runners in the lane." So we'll see how that goes.

Otherwise, still reeling from last night's Duke-BC game, for a variety of reasons. And after hoops tonight, I plan on coming home to watch the Flyers game against Buffalo. Pretty standard....

Edit: current favorite song is anything played on 8/2/03 or 8/3/03 by Phish.
Good luck at the game! Dunk on someone for me!
 
# 20 Steve_OS @ 02/02/06 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Current fav song is Losing Hope by Jack Johnson. Just got his older album last week and I'm a huge fan of that song.


Normal day today - work, gym, run, dinner, Pokerstars. Almost Friday.
Never heard of that song either, shocker.

How was the game last night?
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.