Home
News Post

Well, the Pistons couldn't make it 12 straight wins, but they still have a spiffy 37-6 record. Kidd hit some big shots down the stretch, props to the Nets.

Another busy day, yippee for me!

Question of the Day: If you were the Producer of any sports video game, what is the first thing you would change?

In other news...
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!
Judge_Smails, SoCalTribeFan (40), Cardot (36), fishepa (28), Perceptor (28), CTre (21), calcutta (19), Abrams (17)

Enough about me, what's up with you?

Member Comments
# 1 Skerik @ 02/01/06 09:56 AM
Happy February! Lots of birthdays today....hope y'all have a great day.

Funny how in the past two days we've gotten a story that says Halo 3 is ready, as well as a story saying Halo 3 will be delayed until sometime in 2007. Who to believe? I really hope they don't rush an unfinished product to market to compete with the PS3....I'll gladly accept a year delay to get a polished final product.

Sorry to hear the Pistons lost last night. Really, honest, I am. After watching the Sixers (sans AI) get their doors blown off by the Suns last night, I have much sympathy for the inability of your Pistons to win their 12th straight game. Honest, really....I mean that. Really a shame.

If I were producer of a sports video franchise - the first thing I'd do is announce a new "Sim Management" version of the game much like EA Sports is doing with their Head Coach game. Instead of the focus being gameplay and graphics, our development dollars would be spent on improving the sim engine and the use of tactics and strategy to evoke maximum realism. It would be like a souped-up version of the text simulations that are currently available on PC, with better graphics for those who like to watch their simulated games.

Busy workday today. Lots of meetings. Bleh.
 
# 2 scuiuc @ 02/01/06 10:27 AM
Wow, it's already February. Hard to believe. Good to see the Illini win last night in Wisconsin. I was pretty worried that Wisconsin would blow us out following their loss to ND State.

The Bulls also lost last night if that makes you feel any better. We're only 17.5 behind Detroit in the standings, but maybe we'll start streaking!

If I was a video game producer, I think I'd probably make a beta more available for gamers to test. It seems like too often there's some bug that's caught in the first day of the game that could've been easily fixed had they sent some betas out to people who actually play the game (passed ball bugs, stat tracking bugs, etc).
 
# 3 bjf1377 @ 02/01/06 11:13 AM
If I was the producer of a videogame, I'm not too sure what I'd change. I'd definitely try to throw in as many different options in a dynasty mode as possible, but who knows.

- The Cavs get the Nets tonight. Hopefully they can keep the winning streak going cause they need as many wins as possible before the losing streak starts. Can't wait til the game against the Knicks though. My dad got awesome tickets (center court, 8th row) from a work partner again (he usually gets at least one game a year with these seats).

- Its still a while a way, but my yearly excitement is building for the draft. I know its sad, but I can actually sit there and watch every hour of coverage if I have nothing else better to do.

- Kent St. (my college) was testing their warning system today. It was either a tornado warning or a bombing warning, haha. Either way, it was loud and sharp as hell.

- I'm still in shock after finding out that a girl I've been friends with for a year & a half was born without a left hand. Its not that she has no hand that gets to me, its the fact that in a year & a half of seeing her quite a bit (especially when she was in a class with me my senior year in HS), I never ever noticed she was missing a hand. Hell, I even went over her house and helped her type a paper and I just realized that I missed the fact she always typed with her right hand...and now I know why.
 
# 4 ehh @ 02/01/06 11:29 AM
If I was the producer of a game (sports game) I would make the atmosphere/crowd much better. I'd try to incorporate as many unique cutscenes, crowd reactions, etc as possible.



Anyway, I went to the UConn/Pitt game last night at Gampel. What a great game. Physical, close, well played for the most part. The crowd was great, the student section was amazing all night long - very loud and into the game. Great to see Rudy Gay step it up, especially in the clutch.


Work is going by quick today, I was on the road for most of the AM. Gonna go grab some lunch in a few, then probably hang around the office in the afternoon.

I have one adult league game tonight, should be another W. Besides that I'm just on the grind, Hump Day is already almost over! Time just continues to fly by.
 
# 5 SPTO @ 02/01/06 01:06 PM
Welp yesterday I watched all the pregame and about halfway through the first quarter of SB XXV. Pretty interesting stuff tho as the Bills were a 7 point favourite in Vegas yet Dick Vermeil and Bob Griese both predicted a Giants win.

Other then that, things have been pretty quiet here. I'm finding myself really sleepy lately. Hopefully this'll blow over by the time Super Bowl Sunday comes along.

as for the question: adaptive AI. That's all
 
# 6 MattG @ 02/01/06 02:00 PM
The fake news story of the year award is great. I like this one...

http://bsnews.org/articles/109

Nice little SB touch.
 
# 7 Steve_OS @ 02/01/06 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerik
Sorry to hear the Pistons lost last night. Really, honest, I am. After watching the Sixers (sans AI) get their doors blown off by the Suns last night, I have much sympathy for the inability of your Pistons to win their 12th straight game. Honest, really....I mean that. Really a shame.

If I were producer of a sports video franchise - the first thing I'd do is announce a new "Sim Management" version of the game much like EA Sports is doing with their Head Coach game. Instead of the focus being gameplay and graphics, our development dollars would be spent on improving the sim engine and the use of tactics and strategy to evoke maximum realism. It would be like a souped-up version of the text simulations that are currently available on PC, with better graphics for those who like to watch their simulated games.


A text guy huh? I can't get into those games myself.
 
# 8 Steve_OS @ 02/01/06 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuiuc
The Bulls also lost last night if that makes you feel any better. We're only 17.5 behind Detroit in the standings, but maybe we'll start streaking!

If I was a video game producer, I think I'd probably make a beta more available for gamers to test. It seems like too often there's some bug that's caught in the first day of the game that could've been easily fixed had they sent some betas out to people who actually play the game (passed ball bugs, stat tracking bugs, etc).
Maybe!

Yeah, it would be nice to get more beta out to the public, unfortunately I don't see that happening any time soon. Maybe for the PC, but for the console it is more difficult, because you need a debug unit to play beta games.
 
# 9 Steve_OS @ 02/01/06 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf1377
- The Cavs get the Nets tonight. Hopefully they can keep the winning streak going cause they need as many wins as possible before the losing streak starts. Can't wait til the game against the Knicks though. My dad got awesome tickets (center court, 8th row) from a work partner again (he usually gets at least one game a year with these seats).

- Its still a while a way, but my yearly excitement is building for the draft. I know its sad, but I can actually sit there and watch every hour of coverage if I have nothing else better to do.

- Kent St. (my college) was testing their warning system today. It was either a tornado warning or a bombing warning, haha. Either way, it was loud and sharp as hell.

- I'm still in shock after finding out that a girl I've been friends with for a year & a half was born without a left hand. Its not that she has no hand that gets to me, its the fact that in a year & a half of seeing her quite a bit (especially when she was in a class with me my senior year in HS), I never ever noticed she was missing a hand. Hell, I even went over her house and helped her type a paper and I just realized that I missed the fact she always typed with her right hand...and now I know why.
Nice seats! Get some good pics!

HAHAHAH, after a year and a half huh?
 
# 10 Steve_OS @ 02/01/06 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
If I was the producer of a game (sports game) I would make the atmosphere/crowd much better. I'd try to incorporate as many unique cutscenes, crowd reactions, etc as possible.

Anyway, I went to the UConn/Pitt game last night at Gampel. What a great game. Physical, close, well played for the most part. The crowd was great, the student section was amazing all night long - very loud and into the game. Great to see Rudy Gay step it up, especially in the clutch.

Work is going by quick today, I was on the road for most of the AM. Gonna go grab some lunch in a few, then probably hang around the office in the afternoon.

I have one adult league game tonight, should be another W. Besides that I'm just on the grind, Hump Day is already almost over! Time just continues to fly by.
Yeah, the crowd interaction has gotten better over the years, but it's just not the same. Give it time, it's coming.

Gay was definitely clutch, big win for them.

When do the playoffs start for ya?
 
# 11 Macar91 @ 02/01/06 02:53 PM
If I was the producer of NBA 2K6, I would make the stadium atmosphere better and more play-calling variety for the CPU.

Sweet deal on Halo 3 if that's true. I pre-ordered last week and I was the 4th to do so at my GameCrazy.

I found something pretty interesting yesterday while I was searching UFO's. I didn't really believe in them, but after looking at this, I've really reconsidered....

http://www.thephoenixlights.net/
 
# 12 Steve_OS @ 02/01/06 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Welp yesterday I watched all the pregame and about halfway through the first quarter of SB XXV. Pretty interesting stuff tho as the Bills were a 7 point favourite in Vegas yet Dick Vermeil and Bob Griese both predicted a Giants win.

Other then that, things have been pretty quiet here. I'm finding myself really sleepy lately. Hopefully this'll blow over by the time Super Bowl Sunday comes along.

as for the question: adaptive AI. That's all
That was one of the best Super Bowls, IMO. The Titans/Rams Bowl was pretty good too.
 
# 13 Steve_OS @ 02/01/06 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
The fake news story of the year award is great. I like this one...

http://bsnews.org/articles/109

Nice little SB touch.
HAHA, nice.
 
# 14 Steve_OS @ 02/01/06 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macar91
If I was the producer of NBA 2K6, I would make the stadium atmosphere better and more play-calling variety for the CPU.

Sweet deal on Halo 3 if that's true. I pre-ordered last week and I was the 4th to do so at my GameCrazy.

I found something pretty interesting yesterday while I was searching UFO's. I didn't really believe in them, but after looking at this, I've really reconsidered....

http://www.thephoenixlights.net/
UFO's huh...As big as this universe is, nothing would surprise me.
 
# 15 The GIGGAS @ 02/01/06 02:59 PM
Had a good day, however, my grandfather is going through surgery in Roanoke (an hour away) to fix his carotid artery. It's 98% blocked. He fainted at Thanksgiving and that's why. My grandmother had the same surgery after having a mini-stroke last year.

So I've been told not to go for whatever reason, and I'm going to be alone in my house almost all day.
 
# 16 Steve_OS @ 02/01/06 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Had a good day, however, my grandfather is going through surgery in Roanoke (an hour away) to fix his carotid artery. It's 98% blocked. He fainted at Thanksgiving and that's why. My grandmother had the same surgery after having a mini-stroke last year.

So I've been told not to go for whatever reason, and I'm going to be alone in my house almost all day.
Oh wow, I hope he's going to be ok.
 
# 17 The GIGGAS @ 02/01/06 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Oh wow, I hope he's going to be ok.
It's a pretty standard operation, and my grandmother was back on her feet within a week and a half, pretty much exactly how she was.

Grandpa should be fine.
 
# 18 Steve_OS @ 02/01/06 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
It's a pretty standard operation, and my grandmother was back on her feet within a week and a half, pretty much exactly how she was.

Grandpa should be fine.
Ahhhh, cool.
 
# 19 Acid @ 02/01/06 03:46 PM
Got a new teacher for US History, since my last one was a student teacher for one semester. The new teacher is another student teacher type...except he's 50+.

My old teacher was by far the coolest teacher I had this year, so I'm pissed that he's not teaching us anymore.

My parents leave tomorrow at 5:30 am, so my mom has to wake me up that point and I have to kill an hour or so before I leave for school. I'll probably take a shower (which I never do in the morning, since I never have time) and that should be weird.
 
# 20 dieselboy @ 02/01/06 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
My parents leave tomorrow at 5:30 am, so my mom has to wake me up that point and I have to kill an hour or so before I leave for school. I'll probably take a shower (which I never do in the morning, since I never have time) and that should be weird.
And probably jack it two to three times.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.