Home
News Post

Well, I went 1-1 last night in my NBA 2K6 Xbox 360 fantasy league. So that puts me at 2-5, just about guaranteeing a lottery pick, lol. For anyone interested, here are my team leaders.

Points/Gm S. Nash (PG) 19.5
Assists/Gm S. Nash (PG) 9.5
Rebounds/Gm T. Duncan (PF) 8.5
Steals/Gm R. Allen (SG) 1.5
Blocks/Gm T. Duncan (PF) 1.7

The Pistons had a scare last night, going into OT with the Bucks. Man, does Redd have one of the quickest releases or what? He was deadly last night. I figured it was over when the Stones went up 7 late in the game, but Redd torched em' to send it to OT. RIP was clutch last night and Billups hit the big shot to put the nail in the coffin. 35-5 baby! Wow...

Question of the Day: What is the most annoying thing someone has done to you?

In other news...
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!
SoxChamp (34), fredropro (30), yo136 (27), KeeprEUSC (14)

Enough about me, what's up with you?

Member Comments
# 1 mgoblue @ 01/26/06 09:29 AM
that was quite a scare, Steve, but the 2nd of back to back games always scares me...thankfully they were able to pull it out though.

I didn't see much of that game, because I was watching Michigan shock Michigan State. That game was really a tale of 2 halves. I didn't think we'd come out in the 2nd half like we did, but was great to see. Michigan basketball is slowly making me care again. Still a long way to go, but I was impressed that they were able to win without Abram and defend their home floor.
 
# 2 scuiuc @ 01/26/06 10:34 AM
I hear ya on the 2nd game of a back to back. Unfortunately the Bulls haven't looked good in back to back games in quite a while. At least they beat Toronto last night. The Illini are doing much better than I expected this year. I figured that Dee couldn't carry the load as much as he has.

The most annoying thing that someone has done? I would have to say that belongs to a friend from college who had to keep on rubbing it in that he got to watch the college basketball championships in person last year. I still hear about it to this day. I blame him for the Illini losing to UNC.

Just picked up my 360 and got NBA 2K6, CoD2, and PGR3. Kind of odd to just walk into Target on a Wednesday night and they had one on the shelf. Somebody had decided to return it, but it hadn't been opened. Weird. But, good for me.
 
# 3 Steve_OS @ 01/26/06 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
that was quite a scare, Steve, but the 2nd of back to back games always scares me...thankfully they were able to pull it out though.

I didn't see much of that game, because I was watching Michigan shock Michigan State. That game was really a tale of 2 halves. I didn't think we'd come out in the 2nd half like we did, but was great to see. Michigan basketball is slowly making me care again. Still a long way to go, but I was impressed that they were able to win without Abram and defend their home floor.
RIP was just hitting everything, when they were up 7, I just thought it was over. Glad I didn't change the channel LOL. Redd is just sick, he seems to always play well against the Stones.
 
# 4 Steve_OS @ 01/26/06 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuiuc
I hear ya on the 2nd game of a back to back. Unfortunately the Bulls haven't looked good in back to back games in quite a while. At least they beat Toronto last night. The Illini are doing much better than I expected this year. I figured that Dee couldn't carry the load as much as he has.

The most annoying thing that someone has done? I would have to say that belongs to a friend from college who had to keep on rubbing it in that he got to watch the college basketball championships in person last year. I still hear about it to this day. I blame him for the Illini losing to UNC.

Just picked up my 360 and got NBA 2K6, CoD2, and PGR3. Kind of odd to just walk into Target on a Wednesday night and they had one on the shelf. Somebody had decided to return it, but it hadn't been opened. Weird. But, good for me.
Who are the Bulls missing right now? They were the surprise team last year, along w/ the Wizards, now both teams are somewhat horriBULL.

LMAO! I hate people that don't let it go. haha...I feel ya on that one bro.

Nice find! You're a lucky guy, I have friends that still can't find one. How do you like it so far?
 
# 5 scuiuc @ 01/26/06 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Who are the Bulls missing right now? They were the surprise team last year, along w/ the Wizards, now both teams are somewhat horriBULL.

LMAO! I hate people that don't let it go. haha...I feel ya on that one bro.

Nice find! You're a lucky guy, I have friends that still can't find one. How do you like it so far?
So we got rid of Eddy Curry, who apparently was better than we thought. Tyson Chandler hasn't stepped up like he did last year (of course last year was a contract year...) Ben Gordon hasn't been his stellar self either. Overall just a tough year. But somehow we're only 1 game worse than we were at this point last year (I think we started off 0-8 or something last year...). Maybe we can turn it around. But the East has a lot of good teams. I'm definately curious to see how much better Indiana will be with Peja.

The 360 is amazing. Certainly a good purchase. Not sure what the wife thinks of it yet, but she gets to play Joust which makes her happy. Of course the DVD driving sounding like a jet engine is a little annoying, but can't really hear it once the sound kicks in. Played some 2k6 last night, and can't believe how great everything looks.
 
# 6 forensicd @ 01/26/06 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuiuc
The 360 is amazing. Certainly a good purchase. Not sure what the wife thinks of it yet, but she gets to play Joust which makes her happy. Of course the DVD driving sounding like a jet engine is a little annoying, but can't really hear it once the sound kicks in. Played some 2k6 last night, and can't believe how great everything looks.
I had to return mine to microsoft due to some other issues, but got a new back in 4 days flat from them. When i turned it on, and put a game in, the new machine didnt sound like a jet engine at all! It is actually quite quiet. The first one i had was so loud you could hear it over my surround system. Just letting you know there may be an issue with your fan.
 
# 7 scuiuc @ 01/26/06 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicd
I had to return mine to microsoft due to some other issues, but got a new back in 4 days flat from them. When i turned it on, and put a game in, the new machine didnt sound like a jet engine at all! It is actually quite quiet. The first one i had was so loud you could hear it over my surround system. Just letting you know there may be an issue with your fan.
Is it a fan issue, or an issue with the DVD drive? When I'm on the dashboard, it's as quiet as could be. It's only when a game is in the drive. I just assummed that they were all like that.
 
# 8 forensicd @ 01/26/06 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuiuc
Is it a fan issue, or an issue with the DVD drive? When I'm on the dashboard, it's as quiet as could be. It's only when a game is in the drive. I just assummed that they were all like that.
Not sure what it is, but it was loud. My friends all came over and kinda laughed when the thing would kick into gear. At times i forgot i was in my basement and thought i was at the airport.
 
# 9 PdiddyPop @ 01/26/06 12:45 PM
On my way to Blacksberg for the Duke-Va Tech game tonight. Hope the Pokie fans behave themselves, and not start anything like last time. I'll tolerate some drinks spilled on and what not, but fist fighting I will not. GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!
 
# 10 ehh @ 01/26/06 02:01 PM
Had a nice day today so far. The morning at work went by real quick and then for lunch I went up to ESPN for a tour w. two of my boys that work there.

Got my picture taken in the SC studios at the desk and all that fun stuff, saw a few famous faces like Trey Wingo, The Schaub, Fred Hickman, etc. That whole campus is huge and pretty neat. This was the first time I had ever been inside though.


So that "lunch tour" got me out of the office from 11:30am-2:00pm, that's my kinda lunch break! Last two-plus hours of work should go buy nice and fast, it's almost the weekend!
 
# 11 bergie56 @ 01/26/06 02:16 PM
Whats up everybody?

I am starting to get into the swing of things back on campus and with my new classes. The other day I picked up a Nintendo 64 with 4 controllers and 5games for $20 and have had a blast playing that with my buddies. We have probably logged about 10 hours playing Super Smash Brothers alone, its been a lot of fun. I am really starting to get into my 2K6 Association again. I just completed my first year with the T-Wolves. I really cant wait for the next wave of 360 games to come out.
 
# 12 Steve_OS @ 01/26/06 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuiuc
So we got rid of Eddy Curry, who apparently was better than we thought. Tyson Chandler hasn't stepped up like he did last year (of course last year was a contract year...) Ben Gordon hasn't been his stellar self either. Overall just a tough year. But somehow we're only 1 game worse than we were at this point last year (I think we started off 0-8 or something last year...). Maybe we can turn it around. But the East has a lot of good teams. I'm definately curious to see how much better Indiana will be with Peja.

The 360 is amazing. Certainly a good purchase. Not sure what the wife thinks of it yet, but she gets to play Joust which makes her happy. Of course the DVD driving sounding like a jet engine is a little annoying, but can't really hear it once the sound kicks in. Played some 2k6 last night, and can't believe how great everything looks.
Yeah, I'm interested to see how Peja does as well. He sucks as a defender, so they are going to lose a lot there. Offensively, he can score, but he's mostly a jumpshooter, you never knew what Artest was going to do. If Artest keeps his head on straight, the Kings made a great trade, IMHO.

LOL, the 360 is definitely loud. I wish there were more games for the system tho.
 
# 13 Steve_OS @ 01/26/06 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PdiddyPop
On my way to Blacksberg for the Duke-Va Tech game tonight. Hope the Pokie fans behave themselves, and not start anything like last time. I'll tolerate some drinks spilled on and what not, but fist fighting I will not. GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!
LOL, enjoy the game bro.
 
# 14 Steve_OS @ 01/26/06 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Had a nice day today so far. The morning at work went by real quick and then for lunch I went up to ESPN for a tour w. two of my boys that work there.

Got my picture taken in the SC studios at the desk and all that fun stuff, saw a few famous faces like Trey Wingo, The Schaub, Fred Hickman, etc. That whole campus is huge and pretty neat. This was the first time I had ever been inside though.


So that "lunch tour" got me out of the office from 11:30am-2:00pm, that's my kinda lunch break! Last two-plus hours of work should go buy nice and fast, it's almost the weekend!
That's a pretty full day there. I'd love to visit that place. Were the ESPN guys cool or did you just walk by them or whatever?
 
# 15 Steve_OS @ 01/26/06 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergie56
Whats up everybody?

I am starting to get into the swing of things back on campus and with my new classes. The other day I picked up a Nintendo 64 with 4 controllers and 5games for $20 and have had a blast playing that with my buddies. We have probably logged about 10 hours playing Super Smash Brothers alone, its been a lot of fun. I am really starting to get into my 2K6 Association again. I just completed my first year with the T-Wolves. I really cant wait for the next wave of 360 games to come out.
Did you win it all w/ the Wolves? How was the championship ending...(if you did win it all...)
 
# 16 Acid @ 01/26/06 03:29 PM
Took my Algebra II Final today, didn't really seem too hard, but with my luck (or lack thereof) I'll get a D or something.

I have some hot dogs in the George Foreman grill (amazing invention, by the way) right now, so that should be a good lunch.

I'm still trying to figure out a team to use for my MVP NCAA Dynasty.
 
# 17 dieselboy @ 01/26/06 03:29 PM
Steve, you are the man.
 
# 18 bergie56 @ 01/26/06 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Did you win it all w/ the Wolves? How was the championship ending...(if you did win it all...)
Haha unfrotunately like the T-Wolves in real life I got off to a promising start and plumetted after that! Although KG was both the MVP and defensive player of the yr. I think I avg about 28 14 and 5 with him! I half played half simulated a season as I usually do in anything but football games. I didnt make any big moves in the offseason either. I love the challenge this game provides though as I still dont consistantly beat the cpu although I think I need to find a more challenging set of All-Star sliders.
 
# 19 The GIGGAS @ 01/26/06 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Who are the Bulls missing right now? They were the surprise team last year, along w/ the Wizards, now both teams are somewhat horriBULL.

LMAO! I hate people that don't let it go. haha...I feel ya on that one bro.

Nice find! You're a lucky guy, I have friends that still can't find one. How do you like it so far?
The Wizards hold the 8th playoff spot in the East right now. Less than horriBULL.

Annoying thing: When people talk down to me or tell me what to do.

They make me feel like I'm a complete idiot and/or little child.

Horrible day, I'm still kinda reeling from almost failing 3 exams.
 
# 20 ballerzinc @ 01/26/06 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
Took my Algebra II Final today, didn't really seem too hard, but with my luck (or lack thereof) I'll get a D or something.

I have some hot dogs in the George Foreman grill (amazing invention, by the way) right now, so that should be a good lunch.

I'm still trying to figure out a team to use for my MVP NCAA Dynasty.
I can't pick a team in NCAA either. I was thinking St. Johns and they're to good. Then looked at UCLA and saw what they were like. I hope I can settle on one soon.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.