Home
News Post

Holy BUSY and you? LOL.

In other news...Got some news links of your own? Post it here!

Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!
4deuce (27), ElBastard (27), Wsv771 (23), dales (22), niners1234 (21), Michael90002002 (18)

Enough about me, what's up with you?

Member Comments
# 1 ExtremeGamer @ 01/09/06 10:10 AM
I hate Monday's!!

I feel bad for the Bengals and Carson Palmer, but the play he got hurt, was that a laser he threw or what?!

And Steve, I still haven't beat King Kong! I'm such a loser!! I have beat DOA 4 with every character and unlocked the mother of all characters. Well, not really..LOL
 
# 2 fishepa @ 01/09/06 10:32 AM
Damn that keyboard is sweet, what's the price going to be on that bad boy?
 
# 3 ehh @ 01/09/06 10:50 AM
What's up fellas?

My best friend is a Bungals fan (don't ask me how living in CT) and everyone else I know is a Giants fan so we went to the bars yesterday for the games. Phew, bad news. My New Year's resolution to cut back on drinking already took a hit.

Didn't get home til friggen 1 this morning even though the games ended at like 7pm. Nice lil hangover this morning at the office, and it's a busy day too. Wonderful.

Got two adult league games tonight so I won't have a chance to see UConn lose at home to Cinncy. I'll just read about how heartless they played for the third straight game when I get home.
 
# 4 Gary Armida @ 01/09/06 10:56 AM
A real busy morning only because I have to leave in about 15 minutes to take my wife to her 1 year checkup, which will be good, b/c she is doing amazing. She is a breast cancer survivor at age 33. It has been a rough and amazing year and change. It has definitely put a lot in perspective for me this year. I thank you, Steve and staff, as coming to this site gave me a release for a few minutes each day.
 
# 5 ExtremeGamer @ 01/09/06 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by favre4vr
A real busy morning only because I have to leave in about 15 minutes to take my wife to her 1 year checkup, which will be good, b/c she is doing amazing. She is a breast cancer survivor at age 33. It has been a rough and amazing year and change. It has definitely put a lot in perspective for me this year. I thank you, Steve and staff, as coming to this site gave me a release for a few minutes each day.
Wow man. Good for her. I know how the C word can change lives and put a lot of things in perspective... Good luck!
 
# 6 Acid @ 01/09/06 11:05 AM
I'm so lucky it was a late start for school. BIG difference between 7 am and 8:34 am.

Should be a boring day, hopefully I didn't have any homework (I totally forgot anything I learned on that last week). Tonight I get to try out my new tennis shoes for the first time, that should be cool.
 
# 7 fishepa @ 01/09/06 11:07 AM
Acid, you play tennis?
 
# 8 Acid @ 01/09/06 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Acid, you play tennis?
Yeah, I've been playing for awhile. I'd like to say, 9 years old, but I have no idea.

I play for my HS team, JV first two years, I can make varsity this year, but I don't like the way the varsity coach handles practices (which is nothing, no drills, no running), so I might just stick with JV.
 
# 9 fishepa @ 01/09/06 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
Yeah, I've been playing for awhile. I'd like to say, 9 years old, but I have no idea.

I play for my HS team, JV first two years, I can make varsity this year, but I don't like the way the varsity coach handles practices (which is nothing, no drills, no running), so I might just stick with JV.
I played all throughout middle school and high school. Our team won the state championship back in 1995 when I played I was on the #2 doubles team. At the top of my career I was ranked 18th in the state of Kentucky, this was when I was about 16. I then injured my back and really never recovered to my full potential. Good times though...
 
# 10 Skerik @ 01/09/06 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
Yeah, I've been playing for awhile. I'd like to say, 9 years old, but I have no idea.

I play for my HS team, JV first two years, I can make varsity this year, but I don't like the way the varsity coach handles practices (which is nothing, no drills, no running), so I might just stick with JV.
Tennis is a great sport, you can play it all your life. I played #1 varsity on my HS team, but after college and becoming lazy I've gotten out of playing as much as I once did. I remember back in HS, we got a new coach one year who had previously coached at Valley Forge Military Academy. He was big on fitness and training and he told us we were going to run a mile at the end of practice every day. The first day we did it, most of us barely got around the track and it was an utterly pitiful display of conditioning. That was the last time we ran all year....
 
# 11 Acid @ 01/09/06 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
I played all throughout middle school and high school. Our team won the state championship back in 1995 when I played I was on the #2 doubles team. At the top of my career I was ranked 18th in the state of Kentucky, this was when I was about 16. I then injured my back and really never recovered to my full potential. Good times though...
Wow, that's cool. I didn't know that about you.

I have scoliosis, so this is probably my last year of playing, unless my back suddenly doesn't hurt. I'm a doubles player as well, so far I've played every match since Freshman year as a doubles player.

I was never into entering tournaments or whatever, I did go to a Team Tennis thing at UCLA, that was fun.

Anyways, I gotta head out for school. Later everyone.
 
# 12 cch99 @ 01/09/06 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Damn that keyboard is sweet, what's the price going to be on that bad boy?

I was checking that keyboard out as well. That thing looks awesome. I saw a price of about $200 in one of the English Articles but it suggested the price would go down once it was put into mass production.

Looks pretty frickin sweet.
 
# 13 bjf1377 @ 01/09/06 12:38 PM
I really like the looks of that keyboard. I'm sure its gonna be too expensive to warrant a purchase for a while, though.

I've got a nice boring day planned out as I start my last week before college resumes (gotta love 5 1/2 week breaks, even though almost all of my friends are already back at school).
- I've gotta call the leasing office down at the apartments where I'm going to be staying for college; hopefully they'll answer this time. We're gonna have a nice little apartment going: 3 TVs, 2 XBox 360s, and no furniture, haha.
- Nothing on TV in the afternoon as usual, so I can play some 360 this afternoon. Not much in the way of sports on TV tonight, so I can go over my girlfriend's house without missing much.

...sadly, I kinda want to go back to college already so I can at least kill a few hours a day doing something.
 
# 14 dieselboy @ 01/09/06 01:56 PM
First day of class!

Wow. It is weird to get back into the swing of things... Oh well, first week is a joke anyways.
 
# 15 The GIGGAS @ 01/09/06 01:59 PM
Basically, I slept from 2 to about now. My Xbox 360 honestly hates me playing NBA, it seems to scratch my disc every time I try to play against the 76ers and my Association. WTF could be the problem? I'm going to talk with my mom on how to fix this, probably will have to go to GameStop or something.

I don't know.

Anyway, I'm probably going to play some games today. Woo.
 
# 16 SPTO @ 01/09/06 02:01 PM
Well i've never been a morning person bjf1377 so when I was in college I literally slept through the first classes. :y4:

Anywho not much planned for today. It sucks that I can't find work for various reasons as i'd like a little part time job to keep me occupied during the "dead" hours of the day. If some people think not having work or school is a great thing well...it's a bit overrated

Maybe i'll go to the library this afternoon...I dunno.

BTW I just read this NOW exec calls for Paterno to resign and just had to shake my head. First of all Paterno felt sorry for the situation and secondly you have to take his age into the equation. I've heard interviews with Paterno and he seems a little out of touch with the social mores of today so you kinda have to throw out what he says sometimes and listen to the tone of his comments rather then the words.

If Paterno somehow has to step down because of this i'll be very mad.
 
# 17 bjf1377 @ 01/09/06 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Well i've never been a morning person bjf1377 so when I was in college I literally slept through the first classes. :y4:

Anywho not much planned for today. It sucks that I can't find work for various reasons as i'd like a little part time job to keep me occupied during the "dead" hours of the day. If some people think not having work or school is a great thing well...it's a bit overrated

Maybe i'll go to the library this afternoon...I dunno.

BTW I just read this NOW exec calls for Paterno to resign and just had to shake my head. First of all Paterno felt sorry for the situation and secondly you have to take his age into the equation. I've heard interviews with Paterno and he seems a little out of touch with the social mores of today so you kinda have to throw out what he says sometimes and listen to the tone of his comments rather then the words.

If Paterno somehow has to step down because of this i'll be very mad.
Haha, well Spanish class @ 8 AM wasn't fun in the least bit. Don't know how I got out of that one with a B+.

As for Paterno, I doubt they'll fire an old, senile man just cause of some innocent comments he made. And I'm sure there won't be enough of a issue made over this to make Penn St. even have the slightest need to get rid of him.

Just finished watching Rudy again. Its still one of the few movies, sports or anything that gets me emotional. I was a smaller lineman on my high school football team (which is pretty bad year in, year out), so when I got into my first varsity game my sophomore year, it was amazing, so I can only imagine how awesome it must have been to get in for Notre Dame.
 
# 18 NYJets @ 01/09/06 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Basically, I slept from 2 to about now. My Xbox 360 honestly hates me playing NBA, it seems to scratch my disc every time I try to play against the 76ers and my Association. WTF could be the problem? I'm going to talk with my mom on how to fix this, probably will have to go to GameStop or something.

I don't know.

Anyway, I'm probably going to play some games today. Woo.
Do you move the 360 at all when your playing?



Uconn plays Cincinatti tonight. I expect a loss with the way they've been playing lately. I'm not too worried yet, Uconn usually gets it right by the end of the year.

Jets continue to search for a new coach. Jim Haslett is the first one being interviewed. Wonderful. Not too optimistic about the next couple of years for the Jets.

How about those New York Knicks. 3 in a row. Competition hasn't been the best besides the Suns, but they are still playing a lot better right now than earlier in the year. Hopefully it continues and they get back in the playoff race.
 
# 19 XboxRocks1991 @ 01/09/06 03:03 PM
Im enjoying my last day of no school. Tommorow I go back.

Everyone at school was rooting for USC btw...
 
# 20 Vince @ 01/09/06 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
First day of class!

Wow. It is weird to get back into the swing of things... Oh well, first week is a joke anyways.
It really is. Usually just give you class outlines and syllabus for the semester then let you off.

Man, I still have this week and the next until school restarts. I'm bored like crazy man.
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.