Home
News Post

Have you finished your Xmas shopping yet? I sure HAVEN'T! Nat and the crew will be going up north today, so I have all afternoon and evening to get all of my shopping done. I'm not really looking forward to the mob of people in the malls, but I'll manage, it's what I do every year, LOL... I'm used to it.

There is basically NOBODY here at work today, so I'm going to be able to get a few things done that are impossible when everyone is here. The techie guys know what I'm talkin' about.

Golden St. comes to Motown tonight, it should be a pretty good game. I'm sure the Pistons will come out with some attitude, as their next game is on Christmas Day against the Spurs. I can't wait for that one, hopefully the Pistons don't look passed the Warriors tonight and stay focused.

In other news...Got some news links of your own? Post it here!

Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!
davehughes14 (31), csc (29), Mprophetess (20)

Enough about me, what's up with you?

Member Comments
# 1 The GIGGAS @ 12/23/05 09:05 AM
Going to see Fun with Dick and Jane with the g/f at 12:10, until then, I'm sitting on the Xbox 360 page on CC.com.
 
# 2 nyisles16 @ 12/23/05 09:33 AM
gee wiz there Steve - nothing like waiting till the last minute ..done all of mine (finished 2 days ago) & all are wrapped - xcept for the snack tables i got for my g/f's parents -- that's going to be a chore.. of course with recent events, i might just have to return those.. hehe.. other than that, have to work today at noon, have the "eve" off - work xmas morning (BAH HUMBUG corporate America ), but have a nice three day reprieve after that... so not all bad...
 
# 3 nemesis04 @ 12/23/05 09:36 AM
I am about 90% done with the shopping. I have some little things to buy and thats it. The wrapping is another story, this part fustrates me. The big thing today is food shopping because family is coming to our place for the holidays.

Somebody gave me the in on a possible new job but something does not feel right in the gut. Maybe just cold feet. I have to email my resume but I have been stalling.

Oh Steve, don't read this article from the paper today

Teen dies after having four teeth removed

Have fun shopping!!
 
# 4 The GIGGAS @ 12/23/05 09:38 AM
Well, now I'm freaked out. Thanks nemesis.
 
# 5 nyisles16 @ 12/23/05 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I am about 90% done with the shopping. I have some little things to buy and thats it. The wrapping is another story, this part fustrates me. The big thing today is food shopping because family is coming to our place for the holidays.

Somebody gave me the in on a possible new job but something does not feel right in the gut. Maybe just cold feet. I have to email my resume but I have been stalling.

Oh Steve, don't read this article from the paper today

Teen dies after having four teeth removed

Have fun shopping!!


aint that grand - from my neck of the woods nonetheless too
 
# 6 Steve_OS @ 12/23/05 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Going to see Fun with Dick and Jane with the g/f at 12:10, until then, I'm sitting on the Xbox 360 page on CC.com.
Cool, good luck getting one bro, at least you're awake this time.
 
# 7 The GIGGAS @ 12/23/05 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Cool, good luck getting one bro, at least you're awake this time.
No all-nighter for me.
 
# 8 Steve_OS @ 12/23/05 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkster29
gee wiz there Steve - nothing like waiting till the last minute ..done all of mine (finished 2 days ago) & all are wrapped - xcept for the snack tables i got for my g/f's parents -- that's going to be a chore.. of course with recent events, i might just have to return those.. hehe.. other than that, have to work today at noon, have the "eve" off - work xmas morning (BAH HUMBUG corporate America ), but have a nice three day reprieve after that... so not all bad...
Yeah, every year it's the same thing w/ me. I wait til the last second every year at this time. Yup, 3 day weekends are always good. Back to back 3 day weekends at that!
 
# 9 Steve_OS @ 12/23/05 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I am about 90% done with the shopping. I have some little things to buy and thats it. The wrapping is another story, this part fustrates me. The big thing today is food shopping because family is coming to our place for the holidays.

Somebody gave me the in on a possible new job but something does not feel right in the gut. Maybe just cold feet. I have to email my resume but I have been stalling.

Oh Steve, don't read this article from the paper today

Teen dies after having four teeth removed

Have fun shopping!!
Everyone is coming to your house to eat huh? Cool.

What don't you like about the possible new job? If your gut is saying no, I'd stay away from it, but are you actually looking hard for another job or...?

LOL, gee...thanks for the article nemesis!
 
# 10 Steve_OS @ 12/23/05 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
No all-nighter for me.
You're crazy bro.
 
# 11 The GIGGAS @ 12/23/05 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
You're crazy bro.
I am. It doesn't look like CC got any in today. Just my damn luck.
 
# 12 nyisles16 @ 12/23/05 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I am. It doesn't look like CC got any in today. Just my damn luck.

my good buddy is waiting for his to come in today from EB.. i think i may have to "prank call" him from work..hehe
 
# 13 Steve_OS @ 12/23/05 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I am. It doesn't look like CC got any in today. Just my damn luck.
Don't worry, as soon as you hit the sack, they'll have 30 of them.
 
# 14 Steve_OS @ 12/23/05 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkster29
my good buddy is waiting for his to come in today from EB.. i think i may have to "prank call" him from work..hehe
 
# 15 The GIGGAS @ 12/23/05 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Don't worry, as soon as you hit the sack, they'll have 30 of them.
Yeah... I know. As soon as I go to the shower, they'll be like "Yup, we got 700 in and sold out within 20 minutes!"

Then I'll come out and check the tracker and get so incredibly mad.

Woohoo. I hate my luck sometimes.
 
# 16 Acid @ 12/23/05 11:04 AM
Ugh, first day of vacation and I wake up at 7:30.

 
# 17 nemesis04 @ 12/23/05 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
What don't you like about the possible new job? If your gut is saying no, I'd stay away from it, but are you actually looking hard for another job or...?

LOL, gee...thanks for the article nemesis!

Actually, I am not looking for a new one at all. One of my supply reps is leaving the territory and submitted my name as a replacement. It is commission based, so there is opportunity for a dramatic increase in salary and then there is always the flip side. I never had a commission based job before, just a little nervous about that. Another down side is the driving that comes with the job.

As for the article, sorry to freak everyone out but I thought it was ironic how we were talking about removing teeth and a couple days later there is an article in the paper.
 
# 18 SPTO @ 12/23/05 02:05 PM
Poor Steve waiting til last minute...I got all my shopping done on Monday

Anywho I shipped off the 21 bucks with a note of what game I want and my snail mail. Hopefully i'll get the DVD by the end of january.

Also last night I watched about a half hour of CARLITO'S WAY but after the comercial break I noticed they butchered the film. So i'll go and rent it along with the tv prequel.

I just want to wish you all a very merry and bright Christmas and may all your wishes and dreams come true.
 
# 19 dieselboy @ 12/23/05 02:44 PM
What up?

I saw King Kong last night with some buddies, it was pretty good. Today, I think I need to finish up my shopping, or tomorrow.

Whats up with you?
 
# 20 The GIGGAS @ 12/23/05 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
may all your wishes and dreams come true.
Pedro?
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.