Home
News Post

All right, all right. Today will be the day I go out Xmas shopping. My dad came over last night to fix our pedestal sink in the bathroom. We swapped out the old sink while remodelling and we needed to get some longer pipes installed. I don't think there is anything my dad can't fix, he's truly amazing. Thanks Pop!

After working out last night, I was beat. I didn't even have the energy to turn on the 360, lol. I usually work out right after I get home, but since my dad was there I didn't get to my workout until after I put my daughter to bed. Man, it sure does feel good to be working out again after that long spell of sickness and wrist problems. My wrist still bothers me every once and a while if I grab something the wrong way, but at least I can lift fairly painfree again.

Nat is beginning to be a little bit sneaky. After she ate some dinner last night, she had some ice cream. I told her if she has ice cream, she can't have any candy, it's one or the other. Well, she finished up the ice cream and was playing w/ the candy, lol. I mean, she was just saying, I'm pretending I'm trick or treating, so I say ok, etc. Put it in her little bag. Well, she goes upstairs with it and I know exactly what she's trying to do, so I tell her to bring the candy back downstairs. She says, I won't eat it daddy. Anyways, not 2 minutes later I hear a wrapper, I wait a few minutes and go upstairs. She claims she didn't eat it and put it in a bag upstairs, which is full of the same candy, lol. Anyways, I somehow think she's telling me the truth. After I put her to bed, I see the wrapper in the bathroom, that little booger did in fact eat it and there wasn't anything I could do but laugh.

In other news...Got some news links of your own? Post it here!

Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!
ubernoob, osufan4300 (42)

Enough about me, what's up with you?

Member Comments
# 1 aukevin @ 12/22/05 09:17 AM
Have fun Christmas shopping today, it is gonna be crazy. I still have to get one more gift, so I gotta hit Toys R Us this afternoon after work. I hope I make it out of there alive.

Good news for me is that today is the last day of work for me for the year. A week and a half vacation is gonna be great. The problem though is that I am sending in my XBox (not the 360) for repair today because the network card went bad. It's still under warranty and everything, but I gotta be without it for a week or so I guess. I want to have it fixed before NCAA College Baseball comes out in a few weeks.

Anyways, that's about all that's going on for me.
 
# 2 Shaver @ 12/22/05 09:28 AM
I took yesterday off work... it was a nice break. Especially considering I had to stop twice on my way home Tuesday evening and paint the snow on the side of the road with vomit. Damn Flu bug got passed around my house. Only hit us each for about 24 hours, but they were messy hours.

Used my day off yesterday to finish up my Christmas Shopping. Took the kids out with me. We knocked it out in about 2 hours and then went to see "Chicken Little" in 3-D. It was a pretty good flick and the new 3-D is pretty choice.

While I was out shopping I grabbed a couple gifts for me. Picked up College Hoops (yes... I am behind on my games!) and grabbed the new Stephen Lynch CD "The Craig Machine". Damn that Dude is funny as hell! I've seen him live a few times and his stuff is so twisted and hilarious that I can't stop listening. It's worth checking out for a good laugh.

Yesterday would have been my Mom's 58th Birthday. Sadly, as a lot of you know, we lost my Mom to breast cancer back on Memorial Day of 2003. So, I wanted to take a second to use my "What's Up" space to remind everyone what a frickin' vicious killer breast cancer is for women (and men). Please... take a few moments and check out the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation (www.komen.org). They do great work! They're amazing people!

Thanks...

What's up with you?
 
# 3 mjb2124 @ 12/22/05 09:32 AM
Woohoo.... Last day of work before the holidays and my vacation next week. Now I just get to sit here and watch the clock roll down to 5:00.

I'm probably going to do my Xmas shopping tomorrow. I'm 90% done. Just need to pickup a golf club for my nephew and something for my niece. I'm not sure what I'm getting her yet. She's 1 so just about anything at Toys R Us will do. Although my sister said she thought she'd really enjoy the "Deluxe Cozy Convertible" car by Little Tikes. Sounds like a winner to me!

Other than that, not much else. I can't wait for the Xmas weekend and gourging on all the food that my family and my girlfriend's family make. Not to mention taking home the leftovers from my parent's house!
 
# 4 Acid @ 12/22/05 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS

Yesterday would have been my Mom's 58th Birthday. Sadly, as a lot of you know, we lost my Mom to breast cancer back on Memorial Day of 2003. So, I wanted to take a second to use my "What's Up" space to remind everyone what a frickin' vicious killer breast cancer is for women (and men). Please... take a few moments and check out the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation (www.komen.org). They do great work! They're amazing people!
I know the feeling, yesterday one year ago was when my grandpa died from cancer.

Well, today is my last day of school, so that's cool. Then on Saturday I go to my grandma's house in Banning (near Palm Springs) since she won't come down to our house for Christmas. It's gonna be weird, since she has a "boyfriend", so quick after my grandpa's death.
 
# 5 SoMiss2000 @ 12/22/05 10:17 AM
Well, I still haven't done any shopping for my wife. Oh, I did pick up a couple CD's that she wants but I'll probably finish that up today or tomorrow. I already know what i'lm getting her so i'm in no rush. Tomorrow is my last day of work until January 4th! VACATION!!! W00T!! I can't wait. Unfortunately, we'll be spending Christamas with the wife's family in Louisiana. Not really looking forward to that. Being on vacation, I would rather spend time at home and just chilling out. Oh well, as long as i'm not here at work!

I didn't play any 360 last night. I just wasn't feeling it. I decided to get to bed before 2 am last night and I feel much better today.

Can't wait til tomorrow is over though.
 
# 6 Steve_OS @ 12/22/05 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Have fun Christmas shopping today, it is gonna be crazy. I still have to get one more gift, so I gotta hit Toys R Us this afternoon after work. I hope I make it out of there alive.

Good news for me is that today is the last day of work for me for the year. A week and a half vacation is gonna be great. The problem though is that I am sending in my XBox (not the 360) for repair today because the network card went bad. It's still under warranty and everything, but I gotta be without it for a week or so I guess. I want to have it fixed before NCAA College Baseball comes out in a few weeks.

Anyways, that's about all that's going on for me.
Yeah, not looking forward to it. I'm sure I'll be filled with joy and laughter.

Bummer about the Xbox bro, how long did they say it would take to fix? Enjoy the vacation!
 
# 7 Steve_OS @ 12/22/05 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
I took yesterday off work... it was a nice break. Especially considering I had to stop twice on my way home Tuesday evening and paint the snow on the side of the road with vomit. Damn Flu bug got passed around my house. Only hit us each for about 24 hours, but they were messy hours.

Used my day off yesterday to finish up my Christmas Shopping. Took the kids out with me. We knocked it out in about 2 hours and then went to see "Chicken Little" in 3-D. It was a pretty good flick and the new 3-D is pretty choice.

While I was out shopping I grabbed a couple gifts for me. Picked up College Hoops (yes... I am behind on my games!) and grabbed the new Stephen Lynch CD "The Craig Machine". Damn that Dude is funny as hell! I've seen him live a few times and his stuff is so twisted and hilarious that I can't stop listening. It's worth checking out for a good laugh.

Yesterday would have been my Mom's 58th Birthday. Sadly, as a lot of you know, we lost my Mom to breast cancer back on Memorial Day of 2003. So, I wanted to take a second to use my "What's Up" space to remind everyone what a frickin' vicious killer breast cancer is for women (and men). Please... take a few moments and check out the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation (www.komen.org). They do great work! They're amazing people!

Thanks...

What's up with you?
So, I take it you're feeling better today?

Never heard of Stephen Lynch, but I do want to take Nat to see Chicken Little. She's never been to a movie theater, think she'll squirm around or actually watch it?

As for breast cancer, my aunt had it and had to have both breasts completely removed this year. She's doing fine so far, I need to get in touch w/ her this weekend.
 
# 8 Steve_OS @ 12/22/05 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
Woohoo.... Last day of work before the holidays and my vacation next week. Now I just get to sit here and watch the clock roll down to 5:00.

I'm probably going to do my Xmas shopping tomorrow. I'm 90% done. Just need to pickup a golf club for my nephew and something for my niece. I'm not sure what I'm getting her yet. She's 1 so just about anything at Toys R Us will do. Although my sister said she thought she'd really enjoy the "Deluxe Cozy Convertible" car by Little Tikes. Sounds like a winner to me!

Other than that, not much else. I can't wait for the Xmas weekend and gourging on all the food that my family and my girlfriend's family make. Not to mention taking home the leftovers from my parent's house!
LOL, yup. I can't wait to start munching myself! I love this time of year.
 
# 9 Steve_OS @ 12/22/05 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
I know the feeling, yesterday one year ago was when my grandpa died from cancer.

Well, today is my last day of school, so that's cool. Then on Saturday I go to my grandma's house in Banning (near Palm Springs) since she won't come down to our house for Christmas. It's gonna be weird, since she has a "boyfriend", so quick after my grandpa's death.
Enjoy the time w/ the family bro. Let us know how the "Boyfriend" is, I'm sure it will feel strange.
 
# 10 Steve_OS @ 12/22/05 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Well, I still haven't done any shopping for my wife. Oh, I did pick up a couple CD's that she wants but I'll probably finish that up today or tomorrow. I already know what i'lm getting her so i'm in no rush. Tomorrow is my last day of work until January 4th! VACATION!!! W00T!! I can't wait. Unfortunately, we'll be spending Christamas with the wife's family in Louisiana. Not really looking forward to that. Being on vacation, I would rather spend time at home and just chilling out. Oh well, as long as i'm not here at work!

I didn't play any 360 last night. I just wasn't feeling it. I decided to get to bed before 2 am last night and I feel much better today.

Can't wait til tomorrow is over though.
Enjoy the vacation bro. Are you going to be able to see the Boys game?

So...when you play on the 360, you get to bed at 2:00 AM? LOL, nice!
 
# 11 nyisles16 @ 12/22/05 11:07 AM
well the worst part about shopping is well, the wrapping.. right now i have everyone's gifts out & have to start wrapping.. boo .. oh then of course was the pre-xmas fight my g/f & i had yesterday (she hasnt called be back yet).. so i am off to the rolling start..
 
# 12 Shaver @ 12/22/05 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
So, I take it you're feeling better today?
My ribs and chest are sore from hurling... but that's the worst of it.

Quote:
Never heard of Stephen Lynch, but I do want to take Nat to see Chicken Little. She's never been to a movie theater, think she'll squirm around or actually watch it?
My little one and Nat are about the same age. The best way to do it is pick a movie that isn't coming out for a month or so. Get her hyped up about it. Watch the Trailer on the net and stuff. Talk about it coming out soon. Build it up like an event. Then when she goes, it should go pretty well.

Best advice... pick movies under 80 minutes. Anything longer and you are pushing your luck.

Quote:
As for breast cancer, my aunt had it and had to have both breasts completely removed this year. She's doing fine so far, I need to get in touch w/ her this weekend.
Yeah... Cancer is a beast. I'd give up all the technological advances of the last 50 years (TV, Internet, etc...) for a cure. You never realize how much it touches everyone you know. Try to find someone who hasn't lost a loved one to Cancer.

***

On a happier note, my Staff kicks ***. They just gave me a huge Christmas Card, plus a DVD and a HUGE Best Buy gift card. They rock!!
 
# 13 blackceasar @ 12/22/05 11:39 AM
Its the last day at work. Im hoping the CEO issues a "everyone go home at 3:00!! Happy Holidays!!" email. I stayed up way too late last night playing World of Warcraft again. I hopped back into NBA 2k6 as well. I have started a new franchise every day for like a week now. After I get going with one team I get bored and wanna play with someone else...dam...kinda my life story with women lol.

Okay..so my G/F got me the DLP TV for christmas so Ive been trying to knock out her xmas as well.. I figure if I can at least do HALF of what she paid for the TV I will be in good shape.

Charm Braclet (on her list) 159.99
Misc Clothes (on her list) 150.00
Lable Maker (on her list...sheeit dont ask me why lol) 79.99
Day at a spa (on her list) 249.99

Okay so I know I have to do more than that. I cant just get her what shes expecting, that would be taking the punkass way out... so..

Photo Printer (cuz ive caught her looking at them a few times and shes all about her picture taking) - 200.00

Sex In the City complete collection (she is a Sex in the City junkie), 189.00

Leather padded office chair for her office in the hosue (cuz right now shes sitting in a dining room chair) - 79.99

Mr. and Mrs Smith...she keeps saying shes gonna buy that so I figured id pick it up for her (19.99)


So from you guys with the wives of 2+ years... do you think I did okay as far as comparing what I got her to the TV she got me? It comes out to about half of what she paid for the TV. She actually isnt even one of those chicks who keeps track of that stuff BUT all her girlfriends are..and my g/f is EASILY swayed and influenced by them lol. MEN HELP ME OUT! lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news I had a dream last night. If youve seen the movie Tombstone I was in it in my dream, but I was in year 2005 clothes, Kurt Russel wasnt there but Val Kilmer as Doc was. Not only was it weird t hat I was in a Sean Jean jumpsit and some Jumpman sneakers but it was also weird because Im black lol. Dont get me wrong, some of the first cowboys were black but dam, This aint Blazing Saddles. Anyways I dont remember too much about the dream other than I was trying to do all of Docs parts in the movie and he would interrupt me and tell me "thats not how you do it!" and there were these brothel chicks who kept laughing at me. Whats scary is I woke myself up in my dream, got out of bed, took a good pee pee in the bathroom, went back to bed and jumped right back into the dream. Ive done this a few times before. Sometimes I wonder if I have some hidden power that hasnt been tapped yet lol. I wonder if Charles Xavier is gonna come knocking on my door...I probably wouldnt answer it though out of fear of it being a bill collector or Jehovas Witness (j/k). Seriously though has anyone else been able to do that? I will be in a dream and all of a sudden IN my dream say "wait, Im dreaming" then I just wake myself up. then I have good dreams (like Giving Jessica Alba the business) and I wake up..but Im able to go back to sleep and hop right back in (the dream AND her lol).

It kinda scares me that ive been able to do this lately quite a bit..if other people can do it too I wont be as scared..but then again if no one else can do it I can feel like one of the X-Men.....now I just need a Super Hero name lol.
 
# 14 blackceasar @ 12/22/05 11:43 AM
Oh yeah..one more thing. If you are desensitized to cursing, racial slurs, etc... on Sunday nights I think at 11:00 pm (depending on your time zone) tune into Adult Swin and watch The Boondocks...its the cartoon based off of the comic strip with the two little black kids in it One is very militant, and the other is "gangsta" lol. Anyways, its HILARIOUS. I dont know how they allow it on cable. I figure the NAACP will eventually shut it down...but its not like its a cartoon with white people dropping the "N-bomb" 50 times in one episode, its the kids doing it. Its some funny stuff though. I just got done watching the episode with R-Kelly on trial and they showed him peeing on the girl lol. There is also an episode witih Samuel Jackson in it. It will have you rolling.
 
# 15 blackceasar @ 12/22/05 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
LOL, yup. I can't wait to start munching myself! I love this time of year.

This is why you should just stop working out until the new year lol
 
# 16 SoMiss2000 @ 12/22/05 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Enjoy the vacation bro. Are you going to be able to see the Boys game?

So...when you play on the 360, you get to bed at 2:00 AM? LOL, nice!
I should be able to see the Boys game.
I don't play 360 until 2 am. Probably after midnight...lol!
 
# 17 Steve_OS @ 12/22/05 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkster29
well the worst part about shopping is well, the wrapping.. right now i have everyone's gifts out & have to start wrapping.. boo .. oh then of course was the pre-xmas fight my g/f & i had yesterday (she hasnt called be back yet).. so i am off to the rolling start..
LOL, yea. I hate wrapping too.

Bah, it's almost Xmas, she'll be calling you back soon enough.
 
# 18 Husker_OS @ 12/22/05 02:07 PM
I, as in me, put together my new entertainment center last night. A $700 thing of beauty. I couldn't get it in the door nor unpack it myself, but by God I put it together by myself lol.


Also, tonight I'm heading to the Alabama-North Carolina State basketball game. I'll be one of about 20 students there lol.
 
# 19 The GIGGAS @ 12/22/05 02:23 PM
I went to bed at 6 am and woke up at 2 pm.

Wonderful.

I was also late for another deal on CC.com. I gotta wake up before 9 (or stay up until then).
 
# 20 Steve_OS @ 12/22/05 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
My ribs and chest are sore from hurling... but that's the worst of it.


My little one and Nat are about the same age. The best way to do it is pick a movie that isn't coming out for a month or so. Get her hyped up about it. Watch the Trailer on the net and stuff. Talk about it coming out soon. Build it up like an event. Then when she goes, it should go pretty well.

Best advice... pick movies under 80 minutes. Anything longer and you are pushing your luck.


Yeah... Cancer is a beast. I'd give up all the technological advances of the last 50 years (TV, Internet, etc...) for a cure. You never realize how much it touches everyone you know. Try to find someone who hasn't lost a loved one to Cancer.

***

On a happier note, my Staff kicks ***. They just gave me a huge Christmas Card, plus a DVD and a HUGE Best Buy gift card. They rock!!
Ahhh, thanks for the tips bro!

Wow, nice staff! My OS staff has yet to ever give me a damn thing.
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.