Home
News Post

Well, I still have a cough, but my throat feels a TON better, the meds knocked me out again last night, so I didn't get a chance to do much gaming at all. Nat had a great time at our X-mas party yesterday. After the party, I continued to work, as she played on nickjr.com. It's amazing what kids know at such a young age, she's a wiz on the computer.

After everyone stacked their houses up with bread, milk and toilet paper last night, we didn't get much snow at all. Gotta love those weathermen huh? I'm glad I don't listen to them, I just went through the day like it was any other day. Woke up this morning, brushed off the little snow we had last night and headed off to work. When I got to work, everyone was pissed off that they were there, since they figured they'd be snowed in today, LOL. I learned never to trust the weatherman a long time ago, when I was in school. It never failed, every time the weatherman said there would be accumulation of more than an inch, I didn't do my homework. Well, almost 80% of the time, the weatherman was wrong, so to this day, I never listen to them.

In other news...Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!
bball_1523 (22), TheTurnover (22), Shaun (17)

Enough about me, what's up with you? Any weekend plans?

Member Comments
# 1 TheLetterZ @ 12/09/05 08:22 AM
I'm just sitting here hoping classes get canceled. As of now, every class before 10:30 is canceled, but that does nothing for me because my first class is at 10:30 anyway. They're supposed to release a "final" decision before 9AM so we'll see.
 
# 2 Steve_OS @ 12/09/05 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXLT
I'm just sitting here hoping classes get canceled. As of now, every class before 10:30 is canceled, but that does nothing for me because my first class is at 10:30 anyway. They're supposed to release a "final" decision before 9AM so we'll see.
LOL, how much snow did you guys get? We got a whopping inch, which caused mass hysteria.
 
# 3 ehh @ 12/09/05 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Nat had a great time at our X-mas party yesterday. After the party, I continued to work, as she played on nickjr.com. It's amazing what kids know at such a young age, she's a wiz on the computer.
Hahah, that's cute. I dunno how you were able to work w. your little one sitting there with you. I'd be distracted 100%.



CT is getting a decent amount of snow right now, but just typical New England weather stuff. As long as it doesn't get icey as hell I don't mind. However, work will be slooooooooow today cause of the snow. Last thing I want right now is for a Friday to drag it'self out like crazy. Maybe I'll see if I can get outta here around 1pm or so.

I watched UConn get some revenge on UMass last night, Rudy Gay's windmill was


Besides that I'm still playing around with my new desktop, I can't believe burning DVD's is sucha complicated process. I figured it'd be a little harder than burning audio CD's, but this is quite the chore.

And that "Windows Media Edition XP" seems kinda useless. The only difference is it comes with an annoying Media Center that's basically for beginners. I'll never use it, oh well.
 
# 4 TheLetterZ @ 12/09/05 08:27 AM
Can't really tell. I'd venture a guess and say at least 4 inches, and I think it's still snowing some.
 
# 5 ExtremeGamer @ 12/09/05 08:36 AM
We didn't get as much snow as we were expected to get. We were told 6-8, I would say we got 3 inches. It's cold though, -4 this morning.

I'm stuck in Kong, but Steve knows that already..LOL

Other than that, it's Friday, and I'm trying to sludge through the day...
 
# 6 TheLetterZ @ 12/09/05 08:40 AM
Damnit, classes start at 10:30.
 
# 7 Shaver @ 12/09/05 08:56 AM
Much like my wife, we got about 4 inches last night which was just enough to be annoying. (Thank you... I'll be here all week)

We had my kid's Christmas program at this school last night. It was...ummm... interesting... cute at times.... mostly 90 minutes longer then it needed to be.

Work is work. We're in our busy time for the next 3 months and it makes my life hell. On the plus side, I got a sterling Evaluation yesterday which I hope will result in a even more sterling bonus check. I'm not holding my breath.

The Lions and 3 of my 4 Fantasy Football teams are falling apart at the same time. Kick me while I'm down, Football Gods... kick me while I'm down.

Got my new home PC this week. After 3 years since a major upgrade, this thing makes my old system seem like an abacus. I knew it wasn't normal to have to pedal the old system.

I had a dream last night that Jessica Alba met me in a closet wearing nothing but a short bath robe. The weird part was that she kept calling me "Red". I don't know why I'm sharing that.

I'd be willing to bet a mortgage payment that Matt Millen has a "Free Mustache Rides" T-Shirt somewhere in his closet. I don't think you can have a 'stache like that and not own one.

I saw the new Eminem video this morning while I was getting ready for work. Dude seems more and more like he just wants a hug.

Pistons have the Warriors and the Clips over the weekend. Not the blowoff weekend that it use to be.

This may be the boldest statement I'll make this year, but I think Reggie Bush is the most special player I've seen since Barry Sanders. I also think he'll be a first rounder in a ton of Fantasy Drafts next year.

The pre-Bowl season is too long. Too bad they couldn't fill this time with something like... I don't know.... playoffs... ((Jim Mora)) PLAYOFFS!! P-PLAYOFFS!!! ((/Jim Mora))

I think I've said enough...

What's up with you?
 
# 8 SPTO @ 12/09/05 09:08 AM
Well we got (just guessing) about 6-7 inches of snow on the ground. Thankfully I don't have to go anywhere. I did have an appointment to the eye doctor downtown set for today but it got cancelled as my mother is working overnight all week.

Other then that things are ho-hum. I called my cousin in NY a couple days ago for her 20th birthday.
 
# 9 Steve_OS @ 12/09/05 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Hahah, that's cute. I dunno how you were able to work w. your little one sitting there with you. I'd be distracted 100%.



CT is getting a decent amount of snow right now, but just typical New England weather stuff. As long as it doesn't get icey as hell I don't mind. However, work will be slooooooooow today cause of the snow. Last thing I want right now is for a Friday to drag it'self out like crazy. Maybe I'll see if I can get outta here around 1pm or so.

I watched UConn get some revenge on UMass last night, Rudy Gay's windmill was


Besides that I'm still playing around with my new desktop, I can't believe burning DVD's is sucha complicated process. I figured it'd be a little harder than burning audio CD's, but this is quite the chore.

And that "Windows Media Edition XP" seems kinda useless. The only difference is it comes with an annoying Media Center that's basically for beginners. I'll never use it, oh well.
Yeah, she had me occupied, for sure. LOL. She actually had me mesmorized as she wizzed through some puzzles and games like it was nothing. Maybe she can help me in King Kong lol.

Yeah, not many here today at work, but I'll be here all day...Yay me.

Yeah, I saw that on SC this morning. On another note, not sure about you guys or however the kids were in school during your middle school/high school days, but if a kids last name was "Gay" or "Fagg" like the FSU WR, they'd never be able to live it down. I wonder if these guys continue to catch a lot of slack. I remember in Maryland a few years ago, I think it was, there were some crazy "Reddick" signs in the stands, lol.

Oh, that is the only difference? I thought it was a completely different operating system. So...You mean you can actually buy that seperately if you wanted to and install it on a regular XP machine?
 
# 10 ExtremeGamer @ 12/09/05 09:10 AM
Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me Clay, we get our Xmas bonus this afternoon. I'm counting down the seconds.
 
# 11 Steve_OS @ 12/09/05 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXLT
Can't really tell. I'd venture a guess and say at least 4 inches, and I think it's still snowing some.
4 inches would shut down the entire area down here. We'd also see about 80 billion accidents and 20 million cars in ditches or flipped over. People are just MANIACS around here when it snows. MANIACS I tell you. On the way into work today, I saw 3 cars in ditches, 1 spun a 360 trying to gain control of his vehicle and 2 cars just sitting on the side of the road, more than likely because they just had a near accident and are trying to regain some of their senses. Seriously, when it snows here, people lose all train of thought.
 
# 12 Steve_OS @ 12/09/05 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
We didn't get as much snow as we were expected to get. We were told 6-8, I would say we got 3 inches. It's cold though, -4 this morning.

I'm stuck in Kong, but Steve knows that already..LOL

Other than that, it's Friday, and I'm trying to sludge through the day...
Jeez, so you almost have like 2 feet of snow right now huh?

heh...yeah, that Kong level had me pissed off for a while too.
 
# 13 Steve_OS @ 12/09/05 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXLT
Damnit, classes start at 10:30.


You'll live bro.
 
# 14 Steve_OS @ 12/09/05 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Much like my wife, we got about 4 inches last night which was just enough to be annoying. (Thank you... I'll be here all week)

We had my kid's Christmas program at this school last night. It was...ummm... interesting... cute at times.... mostly 90 minutes longer then it needed to be.

Work is work. We're in our busy time for the next 3 months and it makes my life hell. On the plus side, I got a sterling Evaluation yesterday which I hope will result in a even more sterling bonus check. I'm not holding my breath.

The Lions and 3 of my 4 Fantasy Football teams are falling apart at the same time. Kick me while I'm down, Football Gods... kick me while I'm down.

Got my new home PC this week. After 3 years since a major upgrade, this thing makes my old system seem like an abacus. I knew it wasn't normal to have to pedal the old system.

I had a dream last night that Jessica Alba met me in a closet wearing nothing but a short bath robe. The weird part was that she kept calling me "Red". I don't know why I'm sharing that.

I'd be willing to bet a mortgage payment that Matt Millen has a "Free Mustache Rides" T-Shirt somewhere in his closet. I don't think you can have a 'stache like that and not own one.

I saw the new Eminem video this morning while I was getting ready for work. Dude seems more and more like he just wants a hug.

Pistons have the Warriors and the Clips over the weekend. Not the blowoff weekend that it use to be.

This may be the boldest statement I'll make this year, but I think Reggie Bush is the most special player I've seen since Barry Sanders. I also think he'll be a first rounder in a ton of Fantasy Drafts next year.

The pre-Bowl season is too long. Too bad they couldn't fill this time with something like... I don't know.... playoffs... ((Jim Mora)) PLAYOFFS!! P-PLAYOFFS!!! ((/Jim Mora))

I think I've said enough...

What's up with you?


We missed ya RED!

What PC did ya get? Dell? Alienware? What are the specs on that bad boy.

Yeah, we were talkin' about the playoffs for college football a few days ago, I think it was. It makes no sense that there isn't one.
 
# 15 Steve_OS @ 12/09/05 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanTO
Well we got (just guessing) about 6-7 inches of snow on the ground. Thankfully I don't have to go anywhere. I did have an appointment to the eye doctor downtown set for today but it got cancelled as my mother is working overnight all week.

Other then that things are ho-hum. I called my cousin in NY a couple days ago for her 20th birthday.
How much snow have you guys got up north so far?
 
# 16 SPTO @ 12/09/05 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
How much snow have you guys got up north so far?
Before last night's dumping of snow, not much just a light dusting that only lasted a day at best.

This has been the first substantial snowfall of the season.
 
# 17 Beantown @ 12/09/05 09:27 AM
Woo...snow day.

I love getting a text at 523 in the morning from Bostonchannel.com letting me know that school was cancelled.

Not doing much today, probably play some NCAA 06...might venture out once the roads are clear and pick up CH2K6, then again I should have a 360 Monday, so I probably wont.
 
# 18 Shaver @ 12/09/05 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS


We missed ya RED!

What PC did ya get? Dell? Alienware? What are the specs on that bad boy.

Yeah, we were talkin' about the playoffs for college football a few days ago, I think it was. It makes no sense that there isn't one.
Hey... she can call me whatever she wants...

I got a Dell. Nothing groundbreaking:
-- Pentium D 820
-- 1GB of DDR2
-- 160GB Hard Drive
-- 256mb Video
-- 19in Digital monitor
-- CD/DVD burner

Pretty basic all in all. Not a gaming rig really... for everyday home use, but it will push a lot more games (should I need to) then my old system.
 
# 19 Steve_OS @ 12/09/05 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
Woo...snow day.

I love getting a text at 523 in the morning from Bostonchannel.com letting me know that school was cancelled.

Not doing much today, probably play some NCAA 06...might venture out once the roads are clear and pick up CH2K6, then again I should have a 360 Monday, so I probably wont.
Your school has text messaging for school closings? That's pretty cool!

How are you getting a 360?
 
# 20 Steve_OS @ 12/09/05 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Hey... she can call me whatever she wants...

I got a Dell. Nothing groundbreaking:
-- Pentium D 820
-- 1GB of DDR2
-- 160GB Hard Drive
-- 256mb Video
-- 19in Digital monitor
-- CD/DVD burner

Pretty basic all in all. Not a gaming rig really... for everyday home use, but it will push a lot more games (should I need to) then my old system.
That's cool, it'll get the job done. Widescreen monitor?
 

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.