Home
News Post

Well, the docs gave me a prescription to Z-pac, so we'll see how I feel in about 4 more days. I took the meds last night and this morning, my sore throat is actually almost gone, I can feel myself getting better already. Isn't medicine a strange thing? It is amazing if you get the right medicine how much better you feel, so quickly. I'll never understand it.

Anyways, I was so dead last night, I went to bed very early. As soon as I put my daughter to sleep, I did a few things and went straight to bed, after taking a dose of Nyquil. This morning I felt horrible, but as of right now, I'm not feeling too bad. A little stuffy, but bearable. I wanted to play some more Kong, but man...I was just about to fall asleep working on doing my bills last night.

Man, isn't it just plain ole' rediculous that the NCAA Bowl games won't be coming on for another month!?!?!!? Seriously, why can't they just setup a playoff system and then play that "Mega-Bowl" game for the rights to #1 in a month? While they do have the two best teams duking it out next month, it sure would be nice to see the 1 loss teams have a shot at it. Maybe one of these days we'll see a playoff system, it really makes no sense to me, at all.

Can't believe the Pistons don't play until Friday, that is one long break!

In other news...Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!
MacSeahawk (30), VikingFan4Ever (29), studman (21), Maximus21 (19), ramskid1676 (16)

Enough about me, what's up with you?

Member Comments
# 1 mgoblue @ 12/07/05 09:12 AM
not a whole lot here, just watched the Office and Nip/Tuck last night (two of the few shows I've actually gotten into more)...

Finalized my New Year's plans, going to Chicago with the gf to hang out with some of her friends...doing the whole bar downtown experience, so should be pretty fun. Open bar from 8-2 (drinks, you have to pay for shots), so that makes life interesting. I know it might be early, but anyone else doing anything fun for NYE?

Iowa and Indiana both lost to lower tier, in-state rivals...that's gotta sting, and i'll make it even worse by pointing and laughing at them *ha ha*

What's up with you guys?
 
# 2 ExtremeGamer @ 12/07/05 09:52 AM
What's up? I worked out a bowl tournament, using the bowl games and using 24 teams to decide a National Champion. The top 8 teams would all get a first round bye, it would even end the same time.

We are getting belted with snow, got another 6 inches last night and it was 8 degrees this morning, still snowing, gotta love lake effect.

I love Kong, that game is incredible. I just finished being Kong and I'm Jack again trying to find Kong. Great game, can't wait for the movie now!

Cavs won a big one last night, first win in Sac Town in a loooong time.
 
# 3 RockyTop1 @ 12/07/05 10:02 AM
What's up fellas?

Not much here, kind of important day today. I've got an interview with a Marketing firm here in Knoxville today at 12:45 so I'm going to spend the rest of the morning getting ready for that, coming up with questions about the job, etc. so keep your fingers crossed for me.

Steve, that Z-pack can do wonders. I know what you mean about medicine too, its crazy how some things work. Goblue, sounds cool about new years. Downtown in a big city like Chicago should be quite an experience. I'm not really excited about the bowls, mainly because Tennessee sucks and isn't going to a bowl for the first time since 1988. I'm actually enjoying UT basketball right now, new coach Bruce Pearl has completely changed the system and runs a new uptempo system. They are 5-0 now, but with their next 2 games being @ Texas and vs. Oklahoma St in Okl. City, I'm thinking 5-2.

Anyways, what's up with you fellas?
 
# 4 Steve_OS @ 12/07/05 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
not a whole lot here, just watched the Office and Nip/Tuck last night (two of the few shows I've actually gotten into more)...

Finalized my New Year's plans, going to Chicago with the gf to hang out with some of her friends...doing the whole bar downtown experience, so should be pretty fun. Open bar from 8-2 (drinks, you have to pay for shots), so that makes life interesting. I know it might be early, but anyone else doing anything fun for NYE?

Iowa and Indiana both lost to lower tier, in-state rivals...that's gotta sting, and i'll make it even worse by pointing and laughing at them *ha ha*

What's up with you guys?
I've heard good things about those 2 shows but haven't ever tuned in. I should probably TIVO those shows. I'm just a sport nut and never watch anything but sports. It's wierd tho, I used to watch Friends and Seinfeld, etc. all the time, never missed an episode. Haven't felt that way w/ any show in recent memory.
 
# 5 Steve_OS @ 12/07/05 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
What's up? I worked out a bowl tournament, using the bowl games and using 24 teams to decide a National Champion. The top 8 teams would all get a first round bye, it would even end the same time.

We are getting belted with snow, got another 6 inches last night and it was 8 degrees this morning, still snowing, gotta love lake effect.

I love Kong, that game is incredible. I just finished being Kong and I'm Jack again trying to find Kong. Great game, can't wait for the movie now!

Cavs won a big one last night, first win in Sac Town in a loooong time.
See, that is what we need. Of course there would be complaints about who is in the top 8, but hey...at least you have the chance to compete and show it on the field. A playoff system is needed, w/o question. Hopefully they'll come up w/ something sooner or later.

More snow? Wow, all of ours has already melted away.

Yeah, that is exactly where I'm at. I plan on beating it before you do. I was sick last night and you caught up.
 
# 6 Steve_OS @ 12/07/05 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abates21
What's up fellas?

Not much here, kind of important day today. I've got an interview with a Marketing firm here in Knoxville today at 12:45 so I'm going to spend the rest of the morning getting ready for that, coming up with questions about the job, etc. so keep your fingers crossed for me.

Steve, that Z-pack can do wonders. I know what you mean about medicine too, its crazy how some things work. Goblue, sounds cool about new years. Downtown in a big city like Chicago should be quite an experience. I'm not really excited about the bowls, mainly because Tennessee sucks and isn't going to a bowl for the first time since 1988. I'm actually enjoying UT basketball right now, new coach Bruce Pearl has completely changed the system and runs a new uptempo system. They are 5-0 now, but with their next 2 games being @ Texas and vs. Oklahoma St in Okl. City, I'm thinking 5-2.

Anyways, what's up with you fellas?
Good luck on that interview bro, just stay relaxed, you'll be fine. Always look into the eyes of the person too, it truly helps out a lot.

Yeah, my dad is from Tennesee, so he pulls for their teams a lot. It's unfortunate the football team didn't have a good year this year, hopefully they'll bounce back next year. I'm sure they will.
 
# 7 ExtremeGamer @ 12/07/05 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
See, that is what we need. Of course there would be complaints about who is in the top 8, but hey...at least you have the chance to compete and show it on the field. A playoff system is needed, w/o question. Hopefully they'll come up w/ something sooner or later.

More snow? Wow, all of ours has already melted away.

Yeah, that is exactly where I'm at. I plan on beating it before you do. I was sick last night and you caught up.
Now the challenge is on, who beats Kong first!! LOL
 
# 8 RockyTop1 @ 12/07/05 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Good luck on that interview bro, just stay relaxed, you'll be fine. Always look into the eyes of the person too, it truly helps out a lot.

Yeah, my dad is from Tennesee, so he pulls for their teams a lot. It's unfortunate the football team didn't have a good year this year, hopefully they'll bounce back next year. I'm sure they will.
Yeah, we should be fine. Pretty much the whole offense comes back, including redshirt freshman Arian Foster, who had almost 900 yards in 5 starts. Defense should reload just like usual. What part of TN is your dad from?
 
# 9 Steve_OS @ 12/07/05 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Now the challenge is on, who beats Kong first!! LOL
LOL, I should be getting some time w/ it tonight.
 
# 10 Steve_OS @ 12/07/05 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abates21
Yeah, we should be fine. Pretty much the whole offense comes back, including redshirt freshman Arian Foster, who had almost 900 yards in 5 starts. Defense should reload just like usual. What part of TN is your dad from?
Yup, Foster was beasting it up. I'm not too worried, I like Tennessee as well, since my dad follows them. He's from New Tazewell, we visit every few years, you close?
 
# 11 cheddabob7502 @ 12/07/05 10:46 AM
Hey guys whats up?
Well at work right now and here in Austin its about to be a freezing temps by noon. Then tomorrow we are suppose to have an Ice storm. I hope so that way i can play 360 all day and get payed for it!! I hope it does.
Last night I caught that madden nation show on espn 2. Anyone else watch it? What did you think once you watched it? You know medicine is crazy on how it works. I am just hoping that my niners pick up reggie bush next year. I believe he would bring that team back. I know they are like 2-10 but they could easily be 6-4. I know that sounds like a long shot but they don't have a spit of offense.
Played more of COD2 and I am on the 3rd level but I am playing on veteran. Its just much more fun that way.There are so many enemies and I am glad I spent my money for this game. I haven't played madden yet online b/c trying to build up my niners in franchise. Man these two games prolly will keep me busy till Ghost recon and Gears of war. I feel bad for people that have defective 360s but it seems more negative than positive feed back. I think its being over exxagerrated b/c Online i have not encountered anyone that there 360 froze or locked up like they say.Oh well I have not had this much fun with gaming since I got my first ps2 with tekken.
 
# 12 ExtremeGamer @ 12/07/05 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Yup, Foster was beasting it up. I'm not too worried, I like Tennessee as well, since my dad follows them. He's from New Tazewell, we visit every few years, you close?
My whole family is from Bluefield/Tazwell area of Virginia... That's not too far from there..ironic.
 
# 13 Steve_OS @ 12/07/05 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
Hey guys whats up?
Well at work right now and here in Austin its about to be a freezing temps by noon. Then tomorrow we are suppose to have an Ice storm. I hope so that way i can play 360 all day and get payed for it!! I hope it does.
Last night I caught that madden nation show on espn 2. Anyone else watch it? What did you think once you watched it? You know medicine is crazy on how it works. I am just hoping that my niners pick up reggie bush next year. I believe he would bring that team back. I know they are like 2-10 but they could easily be 6-4. I know that sounds like a long shot but they don't have a spit of offense.
Played more of COD2 and I am on the 3rd level but I am playing on veteran. Its just much more fun that way.There are so many enemies and I am glad I spent my money for this game. I haven't played madden yet online b/c trying to build up my niners in franchise. Man these two games prolly will keep me busy till Ghost recon and Gears of war. I feel bad for people that have defective 360s but it seems more negative than positive feed back. I think its being over exxagerrated b/c Online i have not encountered anyone that there 360 froze or locked up like they say.Oh well I have not had this much fun with gaming since I got my first ps2 with tekken.
How do you play 360 and get paid for it during an ice storm? LOL, get me that job!

I watched that Madden Nation thing for a little bit, but the guys were annoying me, LOL.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Ghost Recon, haven't even looked at Gears of War, what is that about? I haven't had any problems w/ my 360, I think you'll hear from the complainers, but you won't hear from the people that don't have issues, that's why it looks like a lot of people have problems, when actually, there probably aren't quite that many.
 
# 14 Steve_OS @ 12/07/05 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
My whole family is from Bluefield/Tazwell area of Virginia... That's not too far from there..ironic.
I didn't know there was a Tazwell in Virginia. I was talking about Tennesee...Are you trying to confuse me?
 
# 15 ExtremeGamer @ 12/07/05 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I didn't know there was a Tazwell in Virginia. I was talking about Tennesee...Are you trying to confuse me?
Yep!! LOL
 
# 16 RockyTop1 @ 12/07/05 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Yup, Foster was beasting it up. I'm not too worried, I like Tennessee as well, since my dad follows them. He's from New Tazewell, we visit every few years, you close?
Yep, pretty close, I'd say 45 minutes to an hour away. I've been there a few times.
 
# 17 bubba4 @ 12/07/05 11:06 AM
Steve,

On the issue of the NCAA not having a playoff system, I am with you on that! I don't know why they continue to try to fool us by telling us that a playoff system for college football is not possible. We know it IS possible! With this long layoff they easily do this. I know they want to keep their Bowls. And they can. They can keep the Cotton Bowl. The presentation would be, "Welcome to the Cotton Bowl... the first round of the NCAA Playoffs!". Yep. They can have their Bowls. Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl, Rose bowl.... They can call the game whatever they want. It doesn't matter. As long as it is a playoff game.
Bubba4
 
# 18 nyisles16 @ 12/07/05 12:04 PM
& i just love when i hear the BCS worked well this year.. well, duh, i hope so with only 2 undefeated teams.. but last year was chaos.. I want a playoff system
 
# 19 cheddabob7502 @ 12/07/05 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
How do you play 360 and get paid for it during an ice storm? LOL, get me that job!

I watched that Madden Nation thing for a little bit, but the guys were annoying me, LOL.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Ghost Recon, haven't even looked at Gears of War, what is that about? I haven't had any problems w/ my 360, I think you'll hear from the complainers, but you won't hear from the people that don't have issues, that's why it looks like a lot of people have problems, when actually, there probably aren't quite that many.
What I meant was since I won't be able to go to work I will still get paid for being at home and playing.

Yeah I watched that show and I have mixed feelings about it. I love playing games and all but to do that for a living like that I don't know it takes the fun aspect out of it.

Gears of War? you never heard of it? Go to gametrailers.com and look for the movies they have on it and man that game was suppose to be a launch title but got delayed. Yeah this whole speculation about 360s being defective is making it look bad. Oh well I bet most of those people are just bitter b/c they didn't get their system and taking complaints from others and blowing them out of proportion.

Well I hope they do include a 8 team playoff. Man that would be crazy for the December to have a playoff month and then January have the championship game. There is so much potentiall and money for that system and the NCAA hate it that way. You also have to consider that some of the school deans look towards that couple million they get for going to a bowl game. WEll we all know that its the suits that have a saying in this. I would love to see norte dame and texas or lsu and penn state go at it. Then they can go by the team with the best records have home field advantage. thats How i would like to see it implemented. But this is the first year that the bcs worked correctly iMO.
 
# 20 CM Hooe @ 12/07/05 12:18 PM
What's up?

I donated today! Again I compliment you guys on running such a great website.

I'm studying for finals still, and later tonight I'm headed out to University Hall to watch my Cavaliers take on some team called Fordham as a member of the Hoo Crew (UVA's official fan group, new to the school this year; think Wake Forest's Screamin' Deacons, but a little more on the orange and blue side) . Hopefully we show up strong after losing to Georgia Tech this past Sunday.
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.