Home
News Post

Man. Another tough loss for the Cowboys, fortunately they still have a shot at making the playoffs. If the offense doesn't start clicking, they can forget about it. The defense is playing solid, but the offense can't seem to generate any good drives, it's embarrassing. The offensive line is a complete joke, they can't open up any holes for the running backs and when Drew drops back to pass, he's getting swarmed. They are in "must win" mode against Kansas City next week, with a big game at Washington lurking in the background.

The Pistons don't even play until Friday, that's a LONG break. Maybe I can catch up on playing a few games at night with them not playing.

I did get a chance to play King Kong, Condemned and Gun over the weekend. All 3 games are very fun, Condemned is OK, but it's getting a little stale. I don't know, something about the game I'm just not feeling. Gun is pretty cool so far, I've played it for about an hour. King Kong started off kind of lame for me, but after meeting up with Kong himself, it's turned out to be pretty fun. We'll see. Of course no Xbox 360 session is complete without some nice NBA 2K6 action, I'm still seeing new things in this game and I've had it since launch.

In other news...Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!
ghm125 (39), espnba2k4 (21), Blaxican8504 (20), rdouglas125 (18)

Enough about me, what's up with you? How was your weekend?

Member Comments
# 1 Steve_OS @ 12/05/05 08:33 AM
Oh yea, how bout them Colts! 12-0. Who's gonna beat em'?
 
# 2 SoMiss2000 @ 12/05/05 08:50 AM
what's up! Well, it's back to work today. I called in sick on Friday due to having my car repaired being made a priority. $700 later and I'm back on the road. When they took my tire off, they found like nylon rope like all tangled up in my brake system. I was like WTF? I have no idea how that happened. Obviously I wouldnl't run over it if I can see it in the road so if I did run over it, it was in the evening after work when it's dark on my way home. The rope ripped apart a couple hoses or axles in my brake system. Then they pimped me for more money by pointing out that I needed work on the left side. I needed work on the left back when I got my brake work done in January but declined to have it done then. I went ahead and bit the bullet this time. $700 later charged to my credit card. Oh well, Christamas gifts will be bought with cash this year. Hopefully the holiday bonus from work is better this year. My bro is hooking me up with his personal mechanic.

Yeah, I caught the 2nd half of the Boys game. Tough loss, not the end of the road but getting close to it. The offense has been in decline each week since Flozell went down. I think, to hell with it, let Tucker and Petiti do it on their own. We can't afford to keep TE in blocking and RB's chipping anymore trying to help those guys out. Everybody is saying that JJ isn't a good back that we thought we had. Hell we saw last year that the guy can get it done. The offensive line is just damn sorry! Johnson sucks at center, Rivera's best days are behind him it seems. Allen is too busy wiping Tucker's butt. Petiti is a 6th round pick thrusted into a starting role. Oh well, maybe next week. When the hell is Henry getting back?
 
# 3 Steve_OS @ 12/05/05 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
what's up! Well, it's back to work today. I called in sick on Friday due to having my car repaired being made a priority. $700 later and I'm back on the road. When they took my tire off, they found like nylon rope like all tangled up in my brake system. I was like WTF? I have no idea how that happened. Obviously I wouldnl't run over it if I can see it in the road so if I did run over it, it was in the evening after work when it's dark on my way home. The rope ripped apart a couple hoses or axles in my brake system. Then they pimped me for more money by pointing out that I needed work on the left side. I needed work on the left back when I got my brake work done in January but declined to have it done then. I went ahead and bit the bullet this time. $700 later charged to my credit card. Oh well, Christamas gifts will be bought with cash this year. Hopefully the holiday bonus from work is better this year. My bro is hooking me up with his personal mechanic.

Yeah, I caught the 2nd half of the Boys game. Tough loss, not the end of the road but getting close to it. The offense has been in decline each week since Flozell went down. I think, to hell with it, let Tucker and Petiti do it on their own. We can't afford to keep TE in blocking and RB's chipping anymore trying to help those guys out. Everybody is saying that JJ isn't a good back that we thought we had. Hell we saw last year that the guy can get it done. The offensive line is just damn sorry! Johnson sucks at center, Rivera's best days are behind him it seems. Allen is too busy wiping Tucker's butt. Petiti is a 6th round pick thrusted into a starting role. Oh well, maybe next week. When the hell is Henry getting back?
Woah 700 bones huh? Ouch. Oh well, at least it's fixed. There's some squeaking going on w/ my brakes, I need to get them checked out myself.

I wouldn't be surprised if Henry doesn't play the rest of the season. They rushed him back w/ a torn groin and I hear it's worse now. Glenn did fine yesterday w/ 2 picks. However, if Glenn or T-New go down, we'll be in a world of hurt.
 
# 4 ExtremeGamer @ 12/05/05 09:09 AM
Not much going on here, cold is the word. Left in the mid of the 3rd at the Browns game yesterday, it was 18 and snowy. No thanks, not to watch this team look like they didn't have a care in the world for the 2nd half.

Saw Trans Siberian Orchestra on Saturday and I must say it was one of the coolest experiences in my life. They played for just over 3 hours and had an absolutely breathtaking light show. We had 12 of us go, had great seats and went out to dinner after. Had just a great time.

More snow expected this week to add on to our weekend blizzard of a foot. Joy!!
 
# 5 mgoblue @ 12/05/05 09:18 AM
snowing here, and not that many plans this week, so looking to be a more quiet one compared to last week. Lions suck, per usual...

Saw Sarah Silverman's movie "Jesus is Magic" in a local theater yesterday. It was a set of hers combined with some cut ins of other things, and it was really funny. I've always liked her, but had never seen a full set of anything she did.
 
# 6 Steve_OS @ 12/05/05 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Not much going on here, cold is the word. Left in the mid of the 3rd at the Browns game yesterday, it was 18 and snowy. No thanks, not to watch this team look like they didn't have a care in the world for the 2nd half.

Saw Trans Siberian Orchestra on Saturday and I must say it was one of the coolest experiences in my life. They played for just over 3 hours and had an absolutely breathtaking light show. We had 12 of us go, had great seats and went out to dinner after. Had just a great time.

More snow expected this week to add on to our weekend blizzard of a foot. Joy!!
Yup, it's getting cold here too. The way people are reacting we are getting 12 inches today, but nope, I'm not listening to the weather, because they have NO IDEA what they are talking about, I'll see whatever I see and deal w/ it, thanks.

General TSO was cool huh? Glad you had a good time w/ him.
 
# 7 Steve_OS @ 12/05/05 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
snowing here, and not that many plans this week, so looking to be a more quiet one compared to last week. Lions suck, per usual...

Saw Sarah Silverman's movie "Jesus is Magic" in a local theater yesterday. It was a set of hers combined with some cut ins of other things, and it was really funny. I've always liked her, but had never seen a full set of anything she did.
Heh, yea...The Lions do suck, but at least they did make it interesting.

Wow, all these movies you guys talk about that I've never even heard. Guess I gotta get out more, lol.
 
# 8 ExtremeGamer @ 12/05/05 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Yup, it's getting cold here too. The way people are reacting we are getting 12 inches today, but nope, I'm not listening to the weather, because they have NO IDEA what they are talking about, I'll see whatever I see and deal w/ it, thanks.

General TSO was cool huh? Glad you had a good time w/ him.
That's it, you have to just deal with it.

Yeah, he was really cool. LOL!
 
# 9 mgoblue @ 12/05/05 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Heh, yea...The Lions do suck, but at least they did make it interesting.

Wow, all these movies you guys talk about that I've never even heard. Guess I gotta get out more, lol.
it was at a smaller theater in the area that usually shows artsy or indie type things, i bet there's one in your area too...you're not going to catch it at your big cinema in the area. I wouldn't have known about this either if my friend didn't mention it.
 
# 10 sportdan30 @ 12/05/05 10:57 AM
Sorry to hear about the Cowboys loss Steve. Sure hope they make the playoffs as it is good for the NFL to have new blood in the post season, al la the Chicago Bears. My Rams looked like crap yesterday against the 'Skins and they are now officially out of the playoff picture. Maybe I'm getting older, but I honestly didn't care one way or another had they lost or won. Maybe I'm realist and knew either way, they weren't good enough to get far in the playoffs anyways. With them officially eliminated, I look forward to those Sundays spending time with my son and daughter. Took my son to The Science Center Sunday morning and we had a great time.

Rented March of the Penguins this past weekend. That's one animal pray I never come back as. What a tough life they have to lead. Excellent film and quite inspiring, but I wonder why exactly was it made into a movie? I mean, couldn't it have benn shown on the Discovery Channel in the same format? Still, Morgan Freeman (one of my favorite actors) did a wonderful job at the narration.

I'm curious to hear more impressions about Gun. It sounds like it has a great story line. Just from some videos and screen shots I've seen, it doesn't seem all that next gen, but a country western game sounds appealing. I'll probably rent Condemned some time down the line, but I'm not the biggest fan of these types of games. Not to mention I could ever play it around my son or daughter, much less my wife!

NBA 2K6 thus far has been a system seller. I'm not even a big NBA fan, but I love this game. The flow, the intelligent A.I. is just fantastic. I'm enjoying this game much more than CH for the Xbox. For whatever reason, I just can't seem to get in to CH. Maybe it's the graphics or the overall gameplay, but I've tried and tried and I'm just not feeling it. That said, I'm still going to purchase it when it comes out on the 360.
 
# 11 The GIGGAS @ 12/05/05 11:28 AM
No school...

Been playing RoadBlasters, SmashTV, Paperboy, and some other good games on Midway Arcade Classics. I remember pestering my dad for quarters while the timer ran down on RoadBlasters. What a ****in fun game.

Anyway, no school for me today. I'm happy. I'll be kicking into gear for CH2k6 today.

 
# 12 Rback21 @ 12/05/05 12:58 PM
What's up fellas? I've been playing alot of COD2 and I finally beat it on the REGULAR setting this weekend-that opened up an achievement. Now I must go through again on a more difficult setting. I love this game but I hope it doesn't take more shots to kill people because of the difficulty change. I played Perfect Dark as well and I just wasn't feeling it. I'm gonna try again later on today...maybe it was just a mood I was in... I'm gonna try to start a franchise on both Madden and NBA 2k6...wish me luck...
 
# 13 cheddabob7502 @ 12/05/05 01:28 PM
Whats up fellas?
Well this weekend by far was prolly the best weekend for the NFL. So many key match ups and you can see the teams that will continue to be playing this next month. I am so glad to hear FSU won AND to get a BCS bid is amazing and just adds icing to the cake. I just hate to see them have more than two losses. Oh well. Seems like this year the BCS system actually works good this time around.
This weekend was filled with beer and 360. My brothers and I played a bunch of madden this weekend and I ended up with a 3 game winning streak. Good stuff. I just can't stop playing madden or COD 2. I am trying to beat COD 2 on The hardest setting and man if you don't know tactics then you better learn or else. The only bad part about that is even if you shoot down your enemies in the head they wont die quick but its cool tho once you snipe them in the head and see their helmets fly off. I tried PDZ but I really am not feeling that. Its kind of sluggish the way the controls feel. NOt to fluid IMO.
Well down here in Texas it is barely 50 degrees as the high. This past weekend it was up to around 75 degrees. So you can clearly see how things are down in Austin. I hATE UT. Everyone keeps building them up. Yes they have won games decisively but yet they still keep playin scrub *** opponents. I can't wait for January. I am also glad to see the cowboys loose again. Once again everyone rides these teams like no tomorrow. Anyway I envy you people with snow already. Imagine having spring weather at winter time b/c thats how things go down here in the Lonestar state. Enough with me. HOW IS THINGS GOING WITH THE 360? ANYoNE return theirs yet?
 
# 14 Herbsinator @ 12/05/05 01:44 PM
Well, nothing much is going on with me...but on Friday I finally bought my bike. I'm getting a bike totally custom built so there won't be another like it in the world. I think it it worth the extra 200 bucks or so to get everything exactly how I want it. And I just got off the phone with the bike shop hammering out the final details. Hopefully all the parts and the frame will be in by wednesday and the shop can get it built up by friday. So I am rooting for some decent weather this weekend so I can ride her a little bit. I will definitely be sure to post some pictures of her when I get her home. It is a black frame and pretty much every component on the bike is black, too. It will look sweet. But that is really all I'm thinking about. I have two finals and two papers due next week...so I should be busy. But that is all that is up with me.
 
# 15 Steve_OS @ 12/05/05 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
it was at a smaller theater in the area that usually shows artsy or indie type things, i bet there's one in your area too...you're not going to catch it at your big cinema in the area. I wouldn't have known about this either if my friend didn't mention it.
Ahhhh, gotcha. Probably not something I'm even remotely interested in then.
 
# 16 Steve_OS @ 12/05/05 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
Sorry to hear about the Cowboys loss Steve. Sure hope they make the playoffs as it is good for the NFL to have new blood in the post season, al la the Chicago Bears. My Rams looked like crap yesterday against the 'Skins and they are now officially out of the playoff picture. Maybe I'm getting older, but I honestly didn't care one way or another had they lost or won. Maybe I'm realist and knew either way, they weren't good enough to get far in the playoffs anyways. With them officially eliminated, I look forward to those Sundays spending time with my son and daughter. Took my son to The Science Center Sunday morning and we had a great time.

Rented March of the Penguins this past weekend. That's one animal pray I never come back as. What a tough life they have to lead. Excellent film and quite inspiring, but I wonder why exactly was it made into a movie? I mean, couldn't it have benn shown on the Discovery Channel in the same format? Still, Morgan Freeman (one of my favorite actors) did a wonderful job at the narration.

I'm curious to hear more impressions about Gun. It sounds like it has a great story line. Just from some videos and screen shots I've seen, it doesn't seem all that next gen, but a country western game sounds appealing. I'll probably rent Condemned some time down the line, but I'm not the biggest fan of these types of games. Not to mention I could ever play it around my son or daughter, much less my wife!

NBA 2K6 thus far has been a system seller. I'm not even a big NBA fan, but I love this game. The flow, the intelligent A.I. is just fantastic. I'm enjoying this game much more than CH for the Xbox. For whatever reason, I just can't seem to get in to CH. Maybe it's the graphics or the overall gameplay, but I've tried and tried and I'm just not feeling it. That said, I'm still going to purchase it when it comes out on the 360.
Yeah, the Boys have been pissing me off lately, but there isn't anything I can do about it, unfortunately. Nat usually goes to her grandma's house on Sundays, so I get to watch the games. She actually enjoys watching the games w/ me on occasion. She was so cute over the weekend helping me rake leaves. heh.

March of the Penguins, yet another movie I've never heard of, LOL. Imagine that.

Gun is pretty cool so far. The quickdraw feature is pretty slick and so far, the storyline has been great. It took me a few tries to win the horse race, lol. You'll see when you get it.

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people are waiting for the 360 version of CH 2K6, I've been playing the Xbox version and love it, I can't wait to see it on the 360.
 
# 17 Steve_OS @ 12/05/05 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
No school...

Been playing RoadBlasters, SmashTV, Paperboy, and some other good games on Midway Arcade Classics. I remember pestering my dad for quarters while the timer ran down on RoadBlasters. What a ****in fun game.

Anyway, no school for me today. I'm happy. I'll be kicking into gear for CH2k6 today.

I can't believe how VT lost that game against Duke, lol.
 
# 18 The GIGGAS @ 12/05/05 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I can't believe how VT lost that game against Duke, lol.
You know, you didn't have to remind me.
 
# 19 Steve_OS @ 12/05/05 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rback21
What's up fellas? I've been playing alot of COD2 and I finally beat it on the REGULAR setting this weekend-that opened up an achievement. Now I must go through again on a more difficult setting. I love this game but I hope it doesn't take more shots to kill people because of the difficulty change. I played Perfect Dark as well and I just wasn't feeling it. I'm gonna try again later on today...maybe it was just a mood I was in... I'm gonna try to start a franchise on both Madden and NBA 2k6...wish me luck...
I haven't beaten CoD2 yet, but I know I'm going to get there. Having too much fun w/ NBA 2K6, Gun and King Kong at the moment. I need to start a chise in NBA 2K6 myself, I've been playing around to much in exhibition mode.
 
# 20 Steve_OS @ 12/05/05 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
Whats up fellas?
Well this weekend by far was prolly the best weekend for the NFL. So many key match ups and you can see the teams that will continue to be playing this next month. I am so glad to hear FSU won AND to get a BCS bid is amazing and just adds icing to the cake. I just hate to see them have more than two losses. Oh well. Seems like this year the BCS system actually works good this time around.
This weekend was filled with beer and 360. My brothers and I played a bunch of madden this weekend and I ended up with a 3 game winning streak. Good stuff. I just can't stop playing madden or COD 2. I am trying to beat COD 2 on The hardest setting and man if you don't know tactics then you better learn or else. The only bad part about that is even if you shoot down your enemies in the head they wont die quick but its cool tho once you snipe them in the head and see their helmets fly off. I tried PDZ but I really am not feeling that. Its kind of sluggish the way the controls feel. NOt to fluid IMO.
Well down here in Texas it is barely 50 degrees as the high. This past weekend it was up to around 75 degrees. So you can clearly see how things are down in Austin. I hATE UT. Everyone keeps building them up. Yes they have won games decisively but yet they still keep playin scrub *** opponents. I can't wait for January. I am also glad to see the cowboys loose again. Once again everyone rides these teams like no tomorrow. Anyway I envy you people with snow already. Imagine having spring weather at winter time b/c thats how things go down here in the Lonestar state. Enough with me. HOW IS THINGS GOING WITH THE 360? ANYoNE return theirs yet?
I was glad to see FSU win as well, hopefully they'll upset Penn St. Should be a good game.

That sucks about CoD2. I wish the AI would be smarter, not take 2 headshots to be killed. That's lazy coding IMHO.
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.