Home
News Post

Now that some of you have had a full day with your Xbox 360, what do you think about it? I can't believe how much these things are going for on Ebay! What game has blown you away and what game flat out hasn't impressed you? I personally can't get enough NBA 2K6, I'm seeing a new animation with every single game. I had a triple double with Kevin Garnett last night, but the announcing crew didn't mention it. I missed hearing the little things like that, which was in the Inside Drive series. No big deal, just something I hope the team can implement next year.

Have you guys been watching the Maui Invitational? That Gonzo/Mich St. game last night was NUTS! Morrison was lighting it up from all over the place, that white boy can shoot! It took 3 overtimes to decide the winner, great game!

In other news...
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!
Mangum (30), chamillionaire (21), Crazym0nk3y (17)

Enough about me, what's up with you?

Member Comments
# 1 WTF @ 11/23/05 08:49 AM
Well, I've been hooping it up on 2K6 as well. My cousin having to work 3 straight 16's has been a blessing for me since I've got his console :y4:

I had a triple double w/ Lebron and the announcer did mention it. Don't know if yours was a fluke, or what. They said something like the... "and with that assist, that gives him the triple double." It was pretty sweet.

Is it me or have the dunk animations been greatly improved now? I've seen quite a few that have just left me in awe they flowed so well. I wish you could share replays on XBLive. I'd love for someone to grab a copy of my latest LBJ highlight, lol.

Other than that, not much is up w/ me. I'm trying to find a 360 for myself, and a fellow boardmember is hooking me up I believe. Hopefully I won't be 360 less.

What's up w/ you?
 
# 2 Steve_OS @ 11/23/05 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Well, I've been hooping it up on 2K6 as well. My cousin having to work 3 straight 16's has been a blessing for me since I've got his console :y4:

I had a triple double w/ Lebron and the announcer did mention it. Don't know if yours was a fluke, or what. They said something like the... "and with that assist, that gives him the triple double." It was pretty sweet.

Is it me or have the dunk animations been greatly improved now? I've seen quite a few that have just left me in awe they flowed so well. I wish you could share replays on XBLive. I'd love for someone to grab a copy of my latest LBJ highlight, lol.

Other than that, not much is up w/ me. I'm trying to find a 360 for myself, and a fellow boardmember is hooking me up I believe. Hopefully I won't be 360 less.

What's up w/ you?
Ahhh, that's good to know. It must have been a fluke then. Cool!

Yeah, dunks are much improved for sure. I hope they get more animations with hands on the rim next year tho. Still, it's better than the Xbox version.
 
# 3 ehh @ 11/23/05 09:04 AM
Ah, today is the last day before the long weekend and it should be a quick day. I'm pretty busy this morning and then I have a 1:30pm meeting and after that it's party time!!

I got CH 2k6 yesterday but my Xbox can't handle it. No one else on the boards is having DDE problems so I'm thinking it's my Xbox because the disc looks flawless. I bought a 'factory refurbished' Xbox about five weeks ago and apparently it isn't all that good. I just put that one on eBay and I'll probably go buy a brand new Xbox this afternoon. It's killing me not being able to play this game!!


So hopefully my ideal day will have me getting out of work around 3pm, bouncing to get a new Xbox, playing 2k6 for a couple hours, playing poker with the boys for a few hours then hitting up the bar. They say tonight is one of the biggest party nights of the year, can't wait!!
 
# 4 Steve_OS @ 11/23/05 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Ah, today is the last day before the long weekend and it should be a quick day. I'm pretty busy this morning and then I have a 1:30pm meeting and after that it's party time!!

I got CH 2k6 yesterday but my Xbox can't handle it. No one else on the boards is having DDE problems so I'm thinking it's my Xbox because the disc looks flawless. I bought a 'factory refurbished' Xbox about five weeks ago and apparently it isn't all that good. I just put that one on eBay and I'll probably go buy a brand new Xbox this afternoon. It's killing me not being able to play this game!!


So hopefully my ideal day will have me getting out of work around 3pm, bouncing to get a new Xbox, playing 2k6 for a couple hours, playing poker with the boys for a few hours then hitting up the bar. They say tonight is one of the biggest party nights of the year, can't wait!!
DDE's huh? That sucks. Have you tried it on another Xbox by chance? Good luck selling it on Ebay bro, I'm sure there will be some takers. The game is very good, let us know what you think of it later today, if you have time.

Have fun tonite!
 
# 5 ehh @ 11/23/05 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
DDE's huh? That sucks. Have you tried it on another Xbox by chance? Good luck selling it on Ebay bro, I'm sure there will be some takers. The game is very good, let us know what you think of it later today, if you have time.

Have fun tonite!

I checked out ebay, the average going price is actually $120 and I only paid $90 for it at Gamestop. Not bad.

And I'll also check the game out on my boy's Xbox after work today too.
 
# 6 mcquillian @ 11/23/05 09:57 AM
I'm glad to see that most people are having fun with their 360's. I'll go ahead and ask a few stupid questions:

1) Does anyone have a time frame of when more 360's are going to become available?

2) If you do not have a Hi-Def TV, are the graphics/gameplay still a vas improvement over the standard XBOX?

3) What is the life span of the current XBOX? Do you think they will continue to make sports games (such as Madden) for the next couple of years?

4) What version of the 360 are most people buying?

Sorry for so many questions, just trying to catch up. Thanks for your input.
 
# 7 Steve_OS @ 11/23/05 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcquillian
I'm glad to see that most people are having fun with their 360's. I'll go ahead and ask a few stupid questions:

1) Does anyone have a time frame of when more 360's are going to become available?

2) If you do not have a Hi-Def TV, are the graphics/gameplay still a vas improvement over the standard XBOX?

3) What is the life span of the current XBOX? Do you think they will continue to make sports games (such as Madden) for the next couple of years?

4) What version of the 360 are most people buying?

Sorry for so many questions, just trying to catch up. Thanks for your input.
1. They claim not until after the holidays, around the 1st week of January. But w/ the holidays just around the corner, I wouldn't be surprised to see them trickling in at a few spots here and there before Xmas. Keep your eyes open, you could get lucky.

2. I plugged mine up to a regular TV set and I'd say the graphics are maybe a little better. You'll really see the 360 shine on an HD set tho, that is what I'd recommend and that is what the 360 is aimed at.

3. I think they'll continue to support the PS2 and Xbox systems for at least another year.

4. Most are getting the Premium w/ hard drive, from what I've heard.
 
# 8 Shaver @ 11/23/05 10:17 AM
"Love to eat turkey cause it's good... love to eat turkey like a good boy should... cause it's turkey... to eat... so good..."

Man I love Thanksgiving! My 4 favorite things all on one day.... FAMILY -- FOOD -- FOOTBALL -- NO WORK!!!!

We're having Thanksgiving on Thursday with my old man... then again on Friday at my house with the wife and kids (since the wife works on Thursday). Damn...more turkey sandwhiches.... what a shame!

I've been hitting the gym pretty hard the last few months trying to get into better shape. I've been pretty lucky so far with my results. I was reading an article the other day that says the average American gains 11 pounds between Halloween and January 2nd. I'm sure I've padded that statistc a few years in the past. Halloween candy and Christmas parties don't get me much...but I can't resist Thanksgiving. Guess I'll just have to hit it a little harder next week.

Pistons play 3 times between today and Saturday... plus the football... should be a great 4 day weekend for sports!!

What's up with you?
 
# 9 mgoblue @ 11/23/05 10:29 AM
Just tidying up things at work today, should be a relaxed afternoon.

Nothing big going on here for Thanksgiving, my parents live out of state and we're getting together for 5 days before Christmas. I usually watch the Detroit Thansgiving Day parade, then the Lions. After most Lions games I curl up in the corner and cry. Might actually hang out with some people tomorrow night.

My 360's up on Ebay, ending around 3:30 EST, so hopefully that will end up working out. Ship that bad boy out, picking up Smackdown vs. Raw (bribed myself with that so I'd actually e-bay the 360). Might check out a few stores this weekend to see if the 360's available yet (if mine sells).

Hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving, and what's up with you?
 
# 10 Steve_OS @ 11/23/05 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
"Love to eat turkey cause it's good... love to eat turkey like a good boy should... cause it's turkey... to eat... so good..."

Man I love Thanksgiving! My 4 favorite things all on one day.... FAMILY -- FOOD -- FOOTBALL -- NO WORK!!!!

We're having Thanksgiving on Thursday with my old man... then again on Friday at my house with the wife and kids (since the wife works on Thursday). Damn...more turkey sandwhiches.... what a shame!

I've been hitting the gym pretty hard the last few months trying to get into better shape. I've been pretty lucky so far with my results. I was reading an article the other day that says the average American gains 11 pounds between Halloween and January 2nd. I'm sure I've padded that statistc a few years in the past. Halloween candy and Christmas parties don't get me much...but I can't resist Thanksgiving. Guess I'll just have to hit it a little harder next week.

Pistons play 3 times between today and Saturday... plus the football... should be a great 4 day weekend for sports!!

What's up with you?
How is your arm? Is that burning sensation gone?

I've been lazy w/ my workouts lately. Being sick and having a wrist problem has really had me less motivated.
 
# 11 Steve_OS @ 11/23/05 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Just tidying up things at work today, should be a relaxed afternoon.

Nothing big going on here for Thanksgiving, my parents live out of state and we're getting together for 5 days before Christmas. I usually watch the Detroit Thansgiving Day parade, then the Lions. After most Lions games I curl up in the corner and cry. Might actually hang out with some people tomorrow night.

My 360's up on Ebay, ending around 3:30 EST, so hopefully that will end up working out. Ship that bad boy out, picking up Smackdown vs. Raw (bribed myself with that so I'd actually e-bay the 360). Might check out a few stores this weekend to see if the 360's available yet (if mine sells).

Hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving, and what's up with you?
Curl up and cry huh? heh... I think it will be an entertaining game. Both turkey day games look like they'll be pretty good actually.

Good luck selling that 360, I'm sure you'll get a pretty penny.
 
# 12 Graphik @ 11/23/05 10:51 AM
Forgive me father, for I have sinned. I know its been a while since my last confession.......wait, I used to be a Jehovahs Witness. Wrong religion.


Anyways, I'm actually not looking foward to tommorow. My gf's family bores the living daylights out of me. I usually eat, watch the football games and go to sleep.(well, turkey will do that to you regardless) We always go to the movies as well but I've been getting reports that everyone wants to see Rent. Are you kinding me??!?!!? Rent!! I'd rather watch a marathon of Charlie Brown christmas specials. I'd rather watch the Wiggles in HD. I'd have more entertainment watching the clouds move in the sky. Not to take anything away from those who do want to see it....it just is'nt my cup of tea.

Everyone is old, nobody plays any games, they tell jokes thats been floating around on the internet for months, they dont allow alcohol in their house so I cant even drink myself to enjoyment. Only thing to do is sit around and try not to look so bored. Cant help but sound like a party pooper but her family bores me to unconciousness. My moms is still a Jehovahs Witness so aint nothing popping off at my old crib. I have a wonderfull day ahead of me. /end sarcasm.

Oh well, at least the I got the next 4 days off work. No offense Clay but I hate watching Detroit play every thanksgiving. You know they suck, I know they suck so why do I have to sit and watch a sucky team play every year. At least I get to see Vick....for at least a quater cause somehow, someway, dude will leave the field crippled, hobbling or on a stretcher as usual. But what the heck, its football. I can endure it.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderfull holiday. I'll try to make the best of mine.
 
# 13 Steve_OS @ 11/23/05 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Forgive me father, for I have sinned. I know its been a while since my last confession.......wait, I used to be a Jehovahs Witness. Wrong religion.


Anyways, I'm actually not looking foward to tommorow. My gf's family bores the living daylights out of me. I usually eat, watch the football games and go to sleep.(well, turkey will do that to you regardless) We always go to the movies as well but I've been getting reports that everyone wants to see Rent. Are you kinding me??!?!!? Rent!! I'd rather watch a marathon of Charlie Brown christmas specials. I'd rather watch the Wiggles in HD. I'd have more entertainment watching the clouds move in the sky. Not to take anything away from those who do want to see it....it just is'nt my cup of tea.

Everyone is old, nobody plays any games, they tell jokes thats been floating around on the internet for months, they dont allow alcohol in their house so I cant even drink myself to enjoyment. Only thing to do is sit around and try not to look so bored. Cant help but sound like a party pooper but her family bores me to unconciousness. My moms is still a Jehovahs Witness so aint nothing popping off at my old crib. I have a wonderfull day ahead of me. /end sarcasm.

Oh well, at least the I got the next 4 days off work. No offense Clay but I hate watching Detroit play every thanksgiving. You know they suck, I know they suck so why do I have to sit and watch a sucky team play every year. At least I get to see Vick....for at least a quater cause somehow, someway, dude will leave the field crippled, hobbling or on a stretcher as usual. But what the heck, its football. I can endure it.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderfull holiday. I'll try to make the best of mine.
HAHA, never heard of Rent, sounds like something I want to avoid.

I know what you mean by being bored tho. I go to my wife's side of the family gatherings sometimes and they all speak spanish. Talkin' about soccer, which I can't stand, and asking how I'm doing, etc. After the hello's it's usually very boring for me. Because all they want to do is argue about politics in spanish and money problems.

Falcons have been less that impressive the past few weeks, I think the Lions might actually win this game.
 
# 14 Shaver @ 11/23/05 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Oh well, at least the I got the next 4 days off work. No offense Clay but I hate watching Detroit play every thanksgiving. You know they suck, I know they suck so why do I have to sit and watch a sucky team play every year. At least I get to see Vick....for at least a quater cause somehow, someway, dude will leave the field crippled, hobbling or on a stretcher as usual. But what the heck, its football. I can endure it.
Hey! The Leos are 33-29-2 on Thanksgiving. That's not bad considering how bad they are at times. At least they make THAT game competitive.

Plus, the Lions put Vick on the carpet 6 times in his own house last year. Should be a show!
 
# 15 Shaver @ 11/23/05 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
How is your arm? Is that burning sensation gone?

I've been lazy w/ my workouts lately. Being sick and having a wrist problem has really had me less motivated.
My elbow felt better after a couple days. Nothing since then either. Actually played some ball twice in the last 7 days without pain. Keeping my fingers crossed.
 
# 16 Nivek @ 11/23/05 12:00 PM
What's up OS?

I should have my XB 360 next week, see you all online!
 
# 17 The GIGGAS @ 11/23/05 12:53 PM
OK, so I completed my application for Tech and will learn if I got in on Dec. 7th.

Early release, but had to go to the ortho. Relatives will be here in a half-an-hour, and my room is a sty.

Well, it'll be interesting.
 
# 18 Steve_OS @ 11/23/05 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
My elbow felt better after a couple days. Nothing since then either. Actually played some ball twice in the last 7 days without pain. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Good to hear, still puttin' up them bricks huh?
 
# 19 Steve_OS @ 11/23/05 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
What's up OS?

I should have my XB 360 next week, see you all online!
Nice! Only a mere $2,000 off Ebay right?
 
# 20 Steve_OS @ 11/23/05 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
OK, so I completed my application for Tech and will learn if I got in on Dec. 7th.

Early release, but had to go to the ortho. Relatives will be here in a half-an-hour, and my room is a sty.

Well, it'll be interesting.
Good luck getting into VT bro!
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.