Home
News Post

Yesterday me and Nat cooked up some dinner. She had a blast doing it too. She was making the crossaints, I showed her how to open the can and when it popped she couldn't stop laughing, haha. Anyways, I showed her how to actually roll them up and she called herself "Chef Natalie". She helped me stir the corn and macaroni as I whipped up the other stuff. We were in the kitchen for about an hour and she kept wanting to do something. I might have had more fun than she did, just watching her do things. She's growing up way too fast for me, I wish she could just stay at this age.

Unfortunately, Dan didn't make his J.V. basketball team. He was cut yesterday, so I was just trying to encourage him to get better and I'll be getting him in a few leagues, so he won't be completely out of playing. He took it kind of hard, as expected. We went out and bought some new Nike's and that cheered him up some. He's a good player and he didn't think he got a fair shot. I understand his feelings, I was cut my freshmen year. Sometimes life isn't fair, you just have to deal with it and get stronger. He'll be fine and hopefully this makes him work harder until next year when he tries out for the Varsity team.

As some of you know, I received the final beta version of College Hoops 2K6 yesterday. I posted some screenshots just a few minutes ago. I only played 1 game and it was between Duke and Maryland. I just wanted to get a sense of the atmosphere and see what the gameplay was all about. No Cameron Crazies. There are plenty of animations taken from NBA 2K6, but the game plays like a college basketball game and I had a blast with it. With time running down in the 1st half, Maryland (AI) took the ball up the court and dribbled at the top for the final posession, they didn't start the offense until about 10 seconds were left in the half. In the second half, I was up 3 with the ball late and they fouled me. But when I went up by 7 points, they stopped fouling. I only played one game, but I did notice this. Hopefully it was just a fluke, late game AI is huge for me. If you have some gameplay questions, I'll try to answer a few here in the "What's Up?". See the benefits of posting here? I'll open up a Q&A down the road, if I have the time. Movies and more screenshots will be coming before release, bank on that.

In other news...
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!
Airforce1, GenjuroKibagani (24), FenrisWolf (20), AlsAg (18)

Enough about me, what's up with you?

Member Comments
# 1 ExtremeGamer @ 11/17/05 08:48 AM
Hmm, I posted a response, but it never showed up..LOL

Anyway, we have snow, lots and lots of snow!! I'm sitting here looking at my window at work just watching it come down. 6-12 inches by night fall.

So, no Cameron Crazies huh? That's very disappointing to me anyways, I enjoy it when the crowd is in it. I'm probably going to hold off and get the 360 version anyway, but with my luck, It'll be delayed until March.
 
# 2 Steve_OS @ 11/17/05 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Hmm, I posted a response, but it never showed up..LOL

Anyway, we have snow, lots and lots of snow!! I'm sitting here looking at my window at work just watching it come down. 6-12 inches by night fall.

So, no Cameron Crazies huh? That's very disappointing to me anyways, I enjoy it when the crowd is in it. I'm probably going to hold off and get the 360 version anyway, but with my luck, It'll be delayed until March.
6-12 huh? Crazy. It's starting to get cold around here. We've been spoiled w/ 60's and 70's for a few weeks now.

The atmosphere is great tho, don't get me wrong.
 
# 3 ExtremeGamer @ 11/17/05 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
6-12 huh? Crazy. It's starting to get cold around here. We've been spoiled w/ 60's and 70's for a few weeks now.

The atmosphere is great tho, don't get me wrong.
That's good then, I love good atmosphere in games. Makes you feel like you are there.
 
# 4 SoMiss2000 @ 11/17/05 09:11 AM
nothing, about to leave for work. On the phone fussing with SBC right now about some long distance calls on my bill when I have unlimited long distance.

anyways, xbox 360 was paid in full yesterday. I had only paid the $50 preorder fee so I dropped $382.99 last night, OUCH!!. The guys asks if i'm on the first shipment. I say, you tell me. If not, then you can issue me a refund right now. He looks and was like, yeah, you're good for the Monday night.

Anyways, I'm only buying NBA 2K6 and Madden at launch. Hopefully Best Buy gets their games this weekend since I have that 10% off coupons. Not much but it helps with these $60 games. I re-up'd my Gamefly subscription last nite and should have COD and PGR3 on the way soon. I think that was a good investment as I suck at FPS and racing games and I normally play them for a week and end up getting rid of it.

Oh well, just got off the phone with SBC, problem resolved. Off to work now.
 
# 5 mgoblue @ 11/17/05 09:12 AM
we had somewhat warm weather here lately too, and yesterday it got really f'n cold...

Just stayed home last night, night off to somewhat catch up on sleep. Tonight I'm going to a comedy show at a small comedy club which should be fun. A friend has seen him before and enjoyed the show.

Michigan vs. Ohio State this weekend...still a coin flip in my mind, both teams are so even. I really think how well Mike Hart plays will decide the game. Michigan doesn't win if he's ineffective, but if he's on, it'll be tough for tOSU to do much to stop him.
 
# 6 WTF @ 11/17/05 09:12 AM
6-12" of snow? That's crazy. I woke up this morning hoping that there would be snow on the ground, and that they would call of school so I didn't have to teach today :y4: But to no avail.

What's up w/ me? I'm thinking about quitting basketball for a while. The older I get, the worse my repaired knee hurts. I'm starting to develop shin splints again, which are the bi-product of evil, lol.

I'm anxiously awaiting Saturday, so I can pick up my 360. I still haven't decided all the different games that I'd like to have, but I know I'm getting Madden and 2K6. Most likely COD.. from there though, who knows.

My star player on the 6th grade team quit, due to not getting enough playing time on the 7th grade team?! WTF? But if a kid doesn't want to be part of a team, and cares about individual minutes, etc... then the "team" doesn't need him. I finally designed an offense based loosely off the Triangle, but extremely dumbed down so they can pick it up.

They love it... they kept saying "We won't lose a game now that we run this..." :y4:

That's all for me for now. Cherish the times w/ Nat, Steve. My little neices helped me cook quite a few times, and now, one is 8 and the other is 6... It tares me to pieces...
 
# 7 Steve_OS @ 11/17/05 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
nothing, about to leave for work. On the phone fussing with SBC right now about some long distance calls on my bill when I have unlimited long distance.

anyways, xbox 360 was paid in full yesterday. I had only paid the $50 preorder fee so I dropped $382.99 last night, OUCH!!. The guys asks if i'm on the first shipment. I say, you tell me. If not, then you can issue me a refund right now. He looks and was like, yeah, you're good for the Monday night.

Anyways, I'm only buying NBA 2K6 and Madden at launch. Hopefully Best Buy gets their games this weekend since I have that 10% off coupons. Not much but it helps with these $60 games. I re-up'd my Gamefly subscription last nite and should have COD and PGR3 on the way soon. I think that was a good investment as I suck at FPS and racing games and I normally play them for a week and end up getting rid of it.

Oh well, just got off the phone with SBC, problem resolved. Off to work now.
HAHA. So...You going to wait Monday night or just pick it up in the morning?
 
# 8 Acid @ 11/17/05 09:21 AM
Off to school soon, shouldn't be too bad.

My EB never called, but I called them, the games and stuff should be in today or tomorrow.
 
# 9 Steve_OS @ 11/17/05 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
we had somewhat warm weather here lately too, and yesterday it got really f'n cold...

Just stayed home last night, night off to somewhat catch up on sleep. Tonight I'm going to a comedy show at a small comedy club which should be fun. A friend has seen him before and enjoyed the show.

Michigan vs. Ohio State this weekend...still a coin flip in my mind, both teams are so even. I really think how well Mike Hart plays will decide the game. Michigan doesn't win if he's ineffective, but if he's on, it'll be tough for tOSU to do much to stop him.
What's the name of the comedian? A well known guy?

Yeah, I'm lookin' forward to that game too. Always a good game.
 
# 10 Steve_OS @ 11/17/05 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
6-12" of snow? That's crazy. I woke up this morning hoping that there would be snow on the ground, and that they would call of school so I didn't have to teach today :y4: But to no avail.

What's up w/ me? I'm thinking about quitting basketball for a while. The older I get, the worse my repaired knee hurts. I'm starting to develop shin splints again, which are the bi-product of evil, lol.

I'm anxiously awaiting Saturday, so I can pick up my 360. I still haven't decided all the different games that I'd like to have, but I know I'm getting Madden and 2K6. Most likely COD.. from there though, who knows.

My star player on the 6th grade team quit, due to not getting enough playing time on the 7th grade team?! WTF? But if a kid doesn't want to be part of a team, and cares about individual minutes, etc... then the "team" doesn't need him. I finally designed an offense based loosely off the Triangle, but extremely dumbed down so they can pick it up.

They love it... they kept saying "We won't lose a game now that we run this..." :y4:

That's all for me for now. Cherish the times w/ Nat, Steve. My little neices helped me cook quite a few times, and now, one is 8 and the other is 6... It tares me to pieces...
Shin splints huh? Could be the shoes bro. I was having all kinds of problems w/ my shins and plantar flaschitus *sp, but after I was recommended some new kicks, I haven't had a problem. NONE! I never knew a SHOE could help so much w/ the pain I had.

How are you getting your 360 on Saturday? I must have missed it.

HAHA! Good luck w/ those kids bro, the team is better off w/o Kobe.

I hear ya bro, I'm always wanting to do something with her. It's too bad she's getting older, but what can ya do.
 
# 11 Steve_OS @ 11/17/05 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
Off to school soon, shouldn't be too bad.

My EB never called, but I called them, the games and stuff should be in today or tomorrow.
And the job offer to?
 
# 12 Acid @ 11/17/05 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
And the job offer to?
LOL, I'll mention it today..just for you Steve. :y4:
 
# 13 mgoblue @ 11/17/05 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I hear ya bro, I'm always wanting to do something with her. It's too bad she's getting older, but what can ya do.
just wait till you can teach her to iron, that'll be one of the most exciting moments you've ever had

it's cool you were cooking with her though, it's the little things like that you'll remember, and she might remember, that are priceless and make everything worth it.
 
# 14 ehh @ 11/17/05 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
nothing, about to leave for work. On the phone fussing with SBC right now about some long distance calls on my bill when I have unlimited long distance.

I kid you not, SBC is one of the worst companies in America, I hate them!!!



Anyway, a day closer to the weekend. It's a nice sunny, warm day in CT. Perfect weather for a run around lunchtime.

Steve just hooked us up with some great info on College Hoops, that definately made my morning. LOL, and sorry Steve for the immature brat who's giving you a hissy fit in that thread. You can't please everyone I guess.

The Knicks were on ESPN last night so I actually got to watch them for a change since my awful cable company stopped carrying MSG at the start of this year. I can't wait to move out just so I can get the NY stations again. We seriously are the only town in my area that gets Boston/Hartford stations and not the New York stations. I have no idea why they just changed it but it's annoying the hell out of my family. We might be switching to satelliate soon, but we're skeptical about the reception issues and so on.
 
# 15 Steve_OS @ 11/17/05 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
just wait till you can teach her to iron, that'll be one of the most exciting moments you've ever had

it's cool you were cooking with her though, it's the little things like that you'll remember, and she might remember, that are priceless and make everything worth it.
HAHA. I don't think I'll ever teach her that, mommy will have that fun.
 
# 16 Steve_OS @ 11/17/05 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I kid you not, SBC is one of the worst companies in America, I hate them!!!



Anyway, a day closer to the weekend. It's a nice sunny, warm day in CT. Perfect weather for a run around lunchtime.

Steve just hooked us up with some great info on College Hoops, that definately made my morning. LOL, and sorry Steve for the immature brat who's giving you a hissy fit in that thread. You can't please everyone I guess.

The Knicks were on ESPN last night so I actually got to watch them for a change since my awful cable company stopped carrying MSG at the start of this year. I can't wait to move out just so I can get the NY stations again. We seriously are the only town in my area that gets Boston/Hartford stations and not the New York stations. I have no idea why they just changed it but it's annoying the hell out of my family. We might be switching to satelliate soon, but we're skeptical about the reception issues and so on.
LOL, he's 12...Give him a break right? I'm sure he'll chime back in later complaining about the screenshots w/ his 28.8 k modem speed. He'll demand gameplay screenshots because he doesn't want to sift through 80 billion menu shots.

I watched most of the 1st half of the Knicks/Lakers game. Those young guys can ball! They'll be exciting to watch when L.B. gets them under control. I hear Starbury doesn't even play in crunch time, I'm sure the best point guard in the NBA has to be steamed about that.
 
# 17 mjb2124 @ 11/17/05 09:51 AM
Not much going on here. Seems most of the office is looking out the window at the snow coming down. I'm not sure if Pittsburgh is supposed to get the 6-12" that Cleveland is going to get, but it looks like some of this is going to lay. It's coming down pretty hard as I type.

I'm certainly not ready for snow. Part of me wonders why I still live here when I can't stand cold weather and snow. It could go away forever and I'd be a very happy man!

Just got my vacation request approved at work so I'm happy. I haven't had time off in a while and with company holidays, weekends and the 4 days of vacation I asked for, I'll be off from 12/23-1/3. Nice break. I'm not going anywhere though. Just going to do some projects in my house that have been on my mind for a while. Although if I get very lazy, I might hire a contractor!

Just found out that I need to cleanup the Data Center at work because an auditor is coming tomorrow. I work for a financial institution that handles a lot of retirement accounts for companies and individuals and occassionally we have audits for obvious reasons. So it looks like that will be what I'm doing the rest of the day!
 
# 18 ExtremeGamer @ 11/17/05 09:55 AM
Here's what the weather map looks like, red is heavy, heavy snow.

 
# 19 ehh @ 11/17/05 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
Not much going on here. Seems most of the office is looking out the window at the snow coming down. I'm not sure if Pittsburgh is supposed to get the 6-12" that Cleveland is going to get, but it looks like some of this is going to lay. It's coming down pretty hard as I type.

I'm certainly not ready for snow. Part of me wonders why I still live here when I can't stand cold weather and snow. It could go away forever and I'd be a very happy man!

Haha, subliminally you know you love the snow! I can't believe it's snowing there already.

Seems like we never get snow in New England anymore until January. I don't think I'm quite ready for snow yet, but then again it hasn't been too cold in CT yet.
 
# 20 SoMiss2000 @ 11/17/05 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
HAHA. So...You going to wait Monday night or just pick it up in the morning?
I'll be picking it up at midnight.
 

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.