Home
News Post

Wow, there were quite a few great college football games yesterday huh? It was a tale of two halves as Texas was getting blown out in the first half of their game between Oklahoma State 28 - 12. The second half was a different story, as Texas blanked them 35-0. The Stanford/UCLA game was good in the last 8 minutes, at least. UCLA came back from down 24 - 3 to win it in OT. Maryland made it exciting against the Noles, but in the end the Noles pulled it out. Georgia was the first of the six undefeated teams to go down, who's next?

It's Sunday baby! It's time for MORE football! I'm looking forward to the Cowboys/Cardinals game, obviously. I'll be very disappointed if the Boys don't look good this week. This is basically a must win game after the upsetting loss last week. They can go into the bye week at 5-3 or 4-4, this game is HUGE. Julius Jones isn't playing again this week, but Barber looked real strong last week in Seattle. They definitely can't sleep on the Cards, but I think the Boys win by at least 10.

I finally fixed my issues with my monitor. I played around with my ATI control panel and found a utility that would allow me to center the image on the screen. So using the controls on the monitor didn't help, but the software on my computer did. I'm so happy I don't have to worry about that anymore. I also had a problem with audio coming from the unit while using PIP mode. It was a setting in my menus I had to change, so now my monitor is working flawlessly, I'm giddy.

I played around with Grand Theft Auto on the PSP last night. The graphics are amazing for a handheld unit, the gameplay is just as good as the console versions. The loading is annoying, but other than that I'm having a blast with it.

Enough about me, what's up with you? Hope you're having a great weekend.

Member Comments
# 1 The GIGGAS @ 10/30/05 10:07 AM
I just got up, but I gotta throw this dream in there.

The setup: Miami leads Virginia Tech by 13. Miami is kicking off to Virginia in the middle of the 4th.

I got the kick, playing the game, and broke it for a TD. Then I was on the field, and I went crazy. Then we pick off Kyle Wright, and we score the winning TD with about 20 seconds left on a Marcus Vick option keeper.

That was a great dream. It also got a greatest game score of 2520.
 
# 2 Acid @ 10/30/05 10:18 AM
Just woke up.

Still in awe over the UCLA/Stanford game, Stanford really played better than I expected and UCLA played worse than I expected.

You'll be happy to hear about my dinner last night, Steve. Double cheeseburger from In N Out.

I'll probably watch San Diego/Kansas City and Buffalo/New England today, and the Chargers will probably choke this game too.
 
# 3 Steve_OS @ 10/30/05 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I just got up, but I gotta throw this dream in there.

The setup: Miami leads Virginia Tech by 13. Miami is kicking off to Virginia in the middle of the 4th.

I got the kick, playing the game, and broke it for a TD. Then I was on the field, and I went crazy. Then we pick off Kyle Wright, and we score the winning TD with about 20 seconds left on a Marcus Vick option keeper.

That was a great dream. It also got a greatest game score of 2520.
LOL, great dream bro. You're hardcore if you're dreaming about playing the game.
 
# 4 Steve_OS @ 10/30/05 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
Just woke up.

Still in awe over the UCLA/Stanford game, Stanford really played better than I expected and UCLA played worse than I expected.

You'll be happy to hear about my dinner last night, Steve. Double cheeseburger from In N Out.

I'll probably watch San Diego/Kansas City and Buffalo/New England today, and the Chargers will probably choke this game too.
Those things must taste pretty good, haha...

Both of those games should be entertaining. Who's going to be the first to take down the Colts?
 
# 5 The GIGGAS @ 10/30/05 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
LOL, great dream bro. You're hardcore if you're dreaming about playing the game.
It was funny because I was playing the game, but when Imoh took the kickoff to the house, and Vick scored the game winning TD, I was on the field, in fact, I was going nuts. And then after the game, I guess I was playing second base with Barry Bonds on 2nd, and he was lying down. I looked at him, and he just nodded.

I don't understand my dreams...
 
# 6 Acid @ 10/30/05 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Those things must taste pretty good, haha...

Both of those games should be entertaining. Who's going to be the first to take down the Colts?
Oh, they are delicious. If you're in California, go to an In N Out.

I have no idea who will beat Indy, they have the complete package as far as I'm concerned.
 
# 7 The GIGGAS @ 10/30/05 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Who's going to be the first to take down the Colts?
If I may interject myself into this conversation, I think that Jacksonville does. Jacksonville played them hard for 60 minutes in a 10-3 loss. Hell, the Jaguars held them to 10 points. Jacksonville's O is getting back into its decent form. I think it's possible that Indy goes down when they come to ALLTEL Stadium.
 
# 8 Steve_OS @ 10/30/05 11:05 AM
I'll definitely check out the "In and Out" when I'm up there. Probably for E3.

Jags are a safe bet to beat them, should be interesting, they are a lock not to lose today.
 
# 9 The GIGGAS @ 10/30/05 11:08 AM
Let's hope so... we've had troubles winning games we should... see last year, week 16 against Houston. *shudders*
 
# 10 Acid @ 10/30/05 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I'll definitely check out the "In and Out" when I'm up there. Probably for E3.

Jags are a safe bet to beat them, should be interesting, they are a lock not to lose today.
E3 is at the Los Angeles Convention Center right?

I'm pretty sure an In N Out is nearby.
 
# 11 SoMiss2000 @ 10/30/05 11:37 AM
Well, I woke up late, well it's late for me on a Sunday. It was after 7. I normally get up around 6:15 on Sunday to be at our 8 am service at church. For some reason, I didn't make it this morning. There is an 11:30 am service but the Boys are on at noon...lol! God forgive me!

Anyways, I got up and took care of a few things around the house. Cleaned Chole's litter box. Nothing like scooping doo-doo at 7:30 in the morning. Then I fired up the PC (don't leave it running all the time anymore due to rising electricity cost, our provider, TXU, just got approved for a 24% rate increase...yikes!) to enter my picks in yahoo pickem and get my fantasy team set for today. Next, I started watching ESPN. I wanted breakfast but all we have here are eggs and grits. I was about to the store to get bacon or sausage, but thought better of it and just went to Whataburger and got the breakfast platter. I would've done better at home but I really didn't feel like cooking breakfast myself.

Now I'm watching countdown and listening to the local pre-game Cowboys shows on the radio. In one hour and 20 minutes, the Boys take on the Cards.
I will be front and center watching the Fox HD Broadcast. This is a must win for the Boys going into the bye. As a fan, I think I welcome the Bye more than the players. After 8 straight weeks of emotions dealing with the ups and downs of this team, I need a freaking break. Then I think about all the things that I put off on Sunday because of the Cowboys. It'll be nice just doing other things next Sunday. It really is more like two weeks as I believe we got Philly on Monday nite after the bye.

After the game, I'll be going to Gamestop to drop some more hard earned dough on my 360. Also will be reserving Madden and NBA 2K6 360. That's about all for me!
 
# 12 hdaniel1 @ 10/30/05 11:53 AM
The Hawaii football lost to Fresno yesterday. Couldn't score in the red zone was our problem and our defense still sucks. The bright spot is our offense is going to look really scary in the coming years. Davone Bess was making some mad crazy catches and was breaking several Fresno defenders ankles yesterday.

I guess I am going to watch some NFL games today. Here in Hawaii, you wake up and the games are going to be on in about a hour. Not like you guys were the games come on during lunch time.

Oh Steve, there is a In N Out right outside LAX. We could eat there and watch planes buzz right past us.
 
# 13 Acid @ 10/30/05 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdaniel1
Oh Steve, there is a In N Out right outside LAX. We could eat there and watch planes buzz right past us.
There are 2 In N Out's in Glendale, so if Clay is driving you guys won't have any problems finding one.
 
# 14 SoMiss2000 @ 10/30/05 12:12 PM
i have like 6 people in my office that transferred to from Cali. All they talk about in I-N-O Burger. I told them we should put some money together an buy a franchise here in Dallas. If it's so good, we'd all be rich.
 
# 15 Acid @ 10/30/05 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
i have like 6 people in my office that transferred to from Cali. All they talk about in I-N-O Burger. I told them we should put some money together an buy a franchise here in Dallas. If it's so good, we'd all be rich.
It's like the Krispy Kreme of Burgers.

I don't like Krispy Kreme's..but you get the point. :y4:

In N Out's are ALWAYS busy, and they make everything fresh and fries from actual potato's, so its not like McDonald's where it is all microwaved and stuff.
 
# 16 Acid @ 10/30/05 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
Dunkin Donuts > Krispy Kreme
I don't really eat donuts, but it seems that Krispy Kreme is "the popular" choice for donuts.

Sort of like In N Out here, it puts every fast food chain to shame.
 
# 17 Steve_OS @ 10/30/05 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
E3 is at the Los Angeles Convention Center right?

I'm pretty sure an In N Out is nearby.
Yup, maybe Clay can meet your sister there this year.
 
# 18 Acid @ 10/30/05 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Yup, maybe Clay can meet your sister there this year.
:y4:

She's in San Francisco for College, in May (I think thats what E3) she'll still be in school.
 
# 19 Beantown @ 10/30/05 12:36 PM
Not much happened yesterday...a couple of friends came over and hung out here for a couple of hours...

The soccer game was postponed until today at 5 so i''m still pumped waiting for it. Freakin snow and heavy rains.

Friday night when I went to pick up my sister at Providence College, I took a wrong turn and ended up driving down some of the creepiest ghetto streets I've ever been down, and on my way through those streets something went through my passenger side-view mirror. Literally there's a golf-ball sized hole on the outside and the mirror(glass part) shattered and disappeared. No idea what happened..I'll try and get a picture of it soon.

Not much else though.
 
# 20 Steve_OS @ 10/30/05 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Well, I woke up late, well it's late for me on a Sunday. It was after 7. I normally get up around 6:15 on Sunday to be at our 8 am service at church. For some reason, I didn't make it this morning. There is an 11:30 am service but the Boys are on at noon...lol! God forgive me!

Anyways, I got up and took care of a few things around the house. Cleaned Chole's litter box. Nothing like scooping doo-doo at 7:30 in the morning. Then I fired up the PC (don't leave it running all the time anymore due to rising electricity cost, our provider, TXU, just got approved for a 24% rate increase...yikes!) to enter my picks in yahoo pickem and get my fantasy team set for today. Next, I started watching ESPN. I wanted breakfast but all we have here are eggs and grits. I was about to the store to get bacon or sausage, but thought better of it and just went to Whataburger and got the breakfast platter. I would've done better at home but I really didn't feel like cooking breakfast myself.

Now I'm watching countdown and listening to the local pre-game Cowboys shows on the radio. In one hour and 20 minutes, the Boys take on the Cards.
I will be front and center watching the Fox HD Broadcast. This is a must win for the Boys going into the bye. As a fan, I think I welcome the Bye more than the players. After 8 straight weeks of emotions dealing with the ups and downs of this team, I need a freaking break. Then I think about all the things that I put off on Sunday because of the Cowboys. It'll be nice just doing other things next Sunday. It really is more like two weeks as I believe we got Philly on Monday nite after the bye.

After the game, I'll be going to Gamestop to drop some more hard earned dough on my 360. Also will be reserving Madden and NBA 2K6 360. That's about all for me!
C'mon bro, you know God is watching thru the hole in the roof today.

24%? Wow, that is insane! Whataburger? haha... Catchy name.

Nothin' like HD Boys games eh SoMiss? Only 15 minutes to kickoff! Go Boys!
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.