Home
News Post

After going to three different shops last night, we finally found a costume Natalie wanted. We dressed her up in a cat outfit and a few others, but she really didn't like any of them. The Dora one looked like she'd freeze herself in. The last store we went to had a costume of Stephanie, from the show Lazytown. For those that don't know about the show or what Stephanie looks like, I'll post an image at the end of this post. She looks really cute in it and wanted to keep it on all night. She's excited about her Halloween party at daycare on Friday, she knows she'll be able to wear it and have a ton of sweets.

While we were out last night, I picked up some mouse traps. A few of the regular ones and a few that have some sort of glue on them, which supposedly makes the mouse stick to the pad. I don't know if it's wrong of me to laugh about, but I hope I catch one of them on the glue pad, just to see the face on the mouse when I find him. LOL. I actually thought I had one, because this morning, I didn't see one of the mousetraps I laid out. I was like WTF? Anyways, I guess I didn't rig it up very well, because it snapped itself and shot across the floor underneath the table. When I didn't see the trap, I thought to myself...Now this isn't a mouse, it must be a huge rat! Ugh. Well, hopefully I'll get one sooner or later. I think I'll put some other traps in some other areas tonight.

I'm having some other issues with that Samsung monitor/TV I picked up the other day. For some strange reason the resolution changes after I play a game on it. For example, I'm playing Battlefield 2. I'll play the game, then when I'm done I quit and exit to the desktop. Well, in doing so, the monitor loses track of its resolution or something, because while the computer is running, the monitor gives off an error that says something to the effect of not knowing the resolution, so it doesn't detect a connection. I have to reboot in safe mode and then reboot again. Sometimes I have to reinstall the ATI drivers, it's such a PITA. If anyone has any tips, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Enough about me, what's up with you? Congrats to the Chicago White Sox, what a great run they had.

Here is a picture of the costume.


Member Comments
# 1 poster @ 10/27/05 08:54 AM
What's up. Just got to school. I have class at 11 and I work after that. Really busy with school right now, and other issues I have in life. I am a terrable test taker in school. I just dont know why, but I am. I feel like I bombed my database test yesterday. Grades are pretty good though. Steve, we had a mouse once when I was younger at my family's house. Dont know what caused him to come in because we kept the house clean, but my dad set some traps and caught him, so good luck with that. Looking forward to the 360. Hopefully Madden will be cool. CH is around the corner as well so that should be good too. Take care, talk to everyone soon.
 
# 2 ehh @ 10/27/05 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Here is a picture of the costume.


Are those the new Jordans?!



Ah, what's up with me? Another slow morning in the office (hence why I'm abusing OS like usual ).

I was tired as all hell last night from playing ball at the rec center yesterday. I tried to go to sleep around 10pm but it just wasn't happening. I finally turned the TV on just in time to see the White Sox score the lone run of the game. I stayed up to watch the last inning, congrats to Chicago on their crown.

Anyway, it seems like whenever I struggle to fall asleep (which is VERY rarley) I always have bad dreams. Last night I dreamt (is that even a word?) that I was with my family walking near a beach/park that had a huge green in it. Tons of people were walking around and having a great time, it was a nice sunny, summer day. Then a giant bear/dog thing appears out of the woods. It's probably like 25 feet high. All of the people stay calm and try to walk away (everyone knows you can't outrun a bear!) and these pet control people show up with tranquilizers. They get near the bear/dog creature thing and it appears to be pretty calm and friendly. So one lady pets the thing on the head to distract it while another person walks over with a harpoon gun tranquilzer thing. The creature sees this, then immediately bites the lady petting its head and picks her up (a la the T-Rex in Jurassic Park). The creature gets shot w. the gun, it turns and bites the dude who shot it. Three more people run in to try and help the injured people, and all of a sudden the bear/dog's head bursts into flames and engulfs all 5 people who subsequently burn to death. Then I woke up. WTF is wrong with me?! (I know this is a family site so Steve you can delete that story if you want. )


Anyway, while I'm awake I'm teaching myself how to write HTML. This is quite the chore but I'm enjoying it. The sad thing is HTML actually makes sense to me, yet I could barely pass a basic English course in college.

Also, yesterday I bought March Madness 06. Not an amazing game by any means but way better than I expected. I think I'll have fun with it from time to time, but I'm sure CH2k6 will take the crown yet again this year.

Besides those three useless bits of info, I'm going to an Oktoberfest thing tonight, can't wait.

EDIT: Another funky little thing I read about yesterday in Men's Health. Since it's getting close to winter alot of people will be getting stuffy noses and sinus problems etc. If your nose is clogged and you can't breathe outta it, try this. Press your tongue against the roof of your mouth as hard as you can. Then let go of that and press your index finger against the spot right between your eyebrows. Then let go. Alternate tongue/finger for about 20-30 seconds. It supposidly rocks some inner part back and forth, thus releasing sinuses or something along those lines. All I know is that I tried it last night and it worked like a charm!! My only suggestion is don't try this in public. You don't wanna be seen jamming your index finger into your forehead, hehe.


How's the rest of the fam doin' today?!
 
# 3 Shaver @ 10/27/05 09:31 AM
I'll share a story with you....

So, the wife wants to go out to dinner last night after my little one’s last soccer game. Not being one to rock the boat, I’m down for it. We decide to check out a new place in town that has been open about two weeks. Now…before you say it… you get what you get when you go to a new restaurant. But, a family we know that owns 3 other spots in the area owns this place, so they have a ton of restaurant experience.

I’ll give you the rest in a timeline:

6:50p: Arrive at restaurant. Nice place. Pretty busy for a Wednesday night. There will be a 10-15 minute wait.

7:00p: Seated by hostess

7:04p: Waitress comes over and takes the drink order and the kids want an appetizer, so we order this little kid’s appetizer sampler.

7:18p: No drinks – No food – No appearances by the waitress at all since her earlier visit.

7:21p: Manager walks by and must have been able to see my less than pleased look – He walks briskly to the back

7:23p: Drinks arrive. Keep in mind, we haven’t even ordered yet. My best instinct was to leave, but when you have a 3 & 5 year old who don’t eat out often…YOU drag them out of this place hungry! We order at this point. The wife’s Iced Tea is God-awful. Clearly from the bottom of the pot. We’re going to send it back as soon as we see the Waitress again. P.S. She’s already told us the drinks are free because of the wait.

7:30p: Still no Waitress or no appetizer yet. I flag the Manager over and he says, “What can I do to make this better?” I say, get us a new Waitress…or ANY Waitress at this point… He apologizes. Gives us the sorry we’re new line.

7:32p: Wife gets a new Iced Tea and the appetizer finally arrives after 28 minutes.

7:50p: Food comes. Simple order. Wife got a salad, 5 year old a cheeseburger, and the 3 year old and I are going to eat some Pizza (one of the house specialties). No plates for the Pizza. Flag the Waitress down.

7:53p: Waitress brings a stack of 3 plates for the pizza. Pizza is up on one of those stands, so I slide a little slice off for the kid…put the plate down. Slide a slice off for me. Then when I go to move the extra plate away, my thumb slides through something on top of the 3rd plate. Oh ****!!! They gave us dirty plates!!! And not even OUR dirty plates… someone elses.

So now I am up looking for the Manager. I’m pissed and, to be honest, a little grossed out. He takes the pizza and all the plates away. Says “your dinner is on me tonight folks”… yeah really!!!!?!?!??

8:05p: They bring us a new pizza and clean plates.

8:29p: We’re out of there. With a helluva a story and no motivation to return.

I’m sure the girl who waited on us was gone before we pulled out of the parking lot and that makes me feel a little guilty. But DAMN!!! That was awful!

Top that!!!
 
# 4 Stu @ 10/27/05 09:34 AM
What's up?

We had our weekly poker game last night. We play $1/$2, dealer calls the game with 6-8 people usually. I ended up dead even after about 6 hours so thats not bad, although it was the first time in a month or so that I havn't won anything. Still was a good chance to get together with the boys and drink some beers.

I just picked up NCAA 2006 again last night before and after poker. I know it has its faults, but man is that game fun. I didn't even buy Madden this year because I knew NCAA would keep me entertained through the fall and now that I'm getting older I don't have enough time to play both. The only problem I'm having now is finding a good team to do my dynasty with. I like mobile quarterbacks and play a lot of 2 TE sets so need a team with good TE's. I'm thinking of creating my own team and sticking them in the Big East, but the created rosters are never any good. Any suggestions are welcome.

That's all for me today. It's a pretty boring day at work, so I'll be around.
 
# 5 Graphik @ 10/27/05 10:14 AM
Waddup.

I walk in the door yesterday from work to see my guys huddled around the tv playing Madden. My one guy, the dirty one for those who remember yesterdays post, was gleefully beating the cpu 89-7. He was tryna get 100 points. I shook my head and headed up stairs to my aprtment and prepared for the Sox game.

A little bit after 11 pm, the White Sox win the world series and the very first thing I hear is someone letting off fireworks down the street. It also could of been gunfire but I dont know. It went on for about 10 minutes and I heard cars flying pass blasting they're horn. Reminded me of the Bulls championships....without the looting of course. They say you'll remember where you were when the final out happened. Well, I was alone in my front room with a empty beer can, cheering with myself. While my guy comes up and I guess hears the comotion outside and says "so I guess they won huh"? I'm a little salty that I was stuck watching it by myself when sports are sopposed to be when friends get together and have a good time but he was to busy romancing one of his gfs on the phone or something. Thats what you get when you have friends who are mere, casual video game sports fans.

But I did'nt let it get me down, the freaking White Sox won the championship. After a halfhour of post-game hoorah, I went to bed with a smile on my face.
 
# 6 sportdan30 @ 10/27/05 10:17 AM
Has this been a long week or what? Work has been so incredibly slow lately that the days seems so long, but the nights fly by. All I want to do is come home, play with the kids, eat dinner, watch tv or game a little, and go to bed. Somehow, someway, I have to work getting to gym in there.

Congrats on finding a costume, Steve. Nothing like waiting to the last minute. Just kidding. Actually, that's usually what we have done the past few years or so. Seems like you found a fairly popular costume as well. I've seen Lazytown (what a name for a show, huh) a couple times while watching with my 5 year old neice. It's one of those you'd find pretty cool as a young kid.

So, I think we might hit the mall this year for Halloween rather than trudge from house to house. We'll go to a couple homes of neighbors we know, but other than that, I think it'll be too much walking for the kiddos. And is it me, or does it always rain or it bitterly cold on Halloween night?

Don't forget the time changes this weekend. I think it goes into effect either Saturday or Sunday morning. Either way, you gain an hour of sleep. My wife is excited about that, but wooooodeeedooo, it's only one night you really feel the difference of that extra hour. Plus, we have kids so I'm fairly certain they'll be up at 5am instead of 6. Sure wish the time change went in to effect the day after Halloween. Gives the kids an extra hour of daylight. Man, do I sound like a parent or what!

Can't seem to find a buyer for my PSP. If anyone knows anyone interested in purchasing an excellent condition PSP with a couple games, let me know. It seems every one is saving up for the 360. By the way, the store credit you'd get at places like GameStop and EB Games is such a ripoff, especially for a system that's just over 6 months old.
 
# 7 Steve_OS @ 10/27/05 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
What's up. Just got to school. I have class at 11 and I work after that. Really busy with school right now, and other issues I have in life. I am a terrable test taker in school. I just dont know why, but I am. I feel like I bombed my database test yesterday. Grades are pretty good though. Steve, we had a mouse once when I was younger at my family's house. Dont know what caused him to come in because we kept the house clean, but my dad set some traps and caught him, so good luck with that. Looking forward to the 360. Hopefully Madden will be cool. CH is around the corner as well so that should be good too. Take care, talk to everyone soon.
I was a horrible test taker too. Not sure why, it's odd.

As for the mice, we keep our house clean too, not sure how he got in or whatever, but he's gonna be MINE, very soon.

I'm looking forward to CH as well, hopefully I'll get beta soon.
 
# 8 Steve_OS @ 10/27/05 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Are those the new Jordans?!



Ah, what's up with me? Another slow morning in the office (hence why I'm abusing OS like usual ).

I was tired as all hell last night from playing ball at the rec center yesterday. I tried to go to sleep around 10pm but it just wasn't happening. I finally turned the TV on just in time to see the White Sox score the lone run of the game. I stayed up to watch the last inning, congrats to Chicago on their crown.

Anyway, it seems like whenever I struggle to fall asleep (which is VERY rarley) I always have bad dreams. Last night I dreamt (is that even a word?) that I was with my family walking near a beach/park that had a huge green in it. Tons of people were walking around and having a great time, it was a nice sunny, summer day. Then a giant bear/dog thing appears out of the woods. It's probably like 25 feet high. All of the people stay calm and try to walk away (everyone knows you can't outrun a bear!) and these pet control people show up with tranquilizers. They get near the bear/dog creature thing and it appears to be pretty calm and friendly. So one lady pets the thing on the head to distract it while another person walks over with a harpoon gun tranquilzer thing. The creature sees this, then immediately bites the lady petting its head and picks her up (a la the T-Rex in Jurassic Park). The creature gets shot w. the gun, it turns and bites the dude who shot it. Three more people run in to try and help the injured people, and all of a sudden the bear/dog's head bursts into flames and engulfs all 5 people who subsequently burn to death. Then I woke up. WTF is wrong with me?! (I know this is a family site so Steve you can delete that story if you want. )


Anyway, while I'm awake I'm teaching myself how to write HTML. This is quite the chore but I'm enjoying it. The sad thing is HTML actually makes sense to me, yet I could barely pass a basic English course in college.

Also, yesterday I bought March Madness 06. Not an amazing game by any means but way better than I expected. I think I'll have fun with it from time to time, but I'm sure CH2k6 will take the crown yet again this year.

Besides those three useless bits of info, I'm going to an Oktoberfest thing tonight, can't wait.

EDIT: Another funky little thing I read about yesterday in Men's Health. Since it's getting close to winter alot of people will be getting stuffy noses and sinus problems etc. If your nose is clogged and you can't breathe outta it, try this. Press your tongue against the roof of your mouth as hard as you can. Then let go of that and press your index finger against the spot right between your eyebrows. Then let go. Alternate tongue/finger for about 20-30 seconds. It supposidly rocks some inner part back and forth, thus releasing sinuses or something along those lines. All I know is that I tried it last night and it worked like a charm!! My only suggestion is don't try this in public. You don't wanna be seen jamming your index finger into your forehead, hehe.


How's the rest of the fam doin' today?!
LOL, that is exactly when I turned the game on. After they scored the run, I just watched the rest of it. I love watching all the players celebrate after a long season, even if it's not the team I route for. Congrats to them.

LOL, great dream. I too have some crazy outrageous dreams when I can't get to sleep, although I haven't had one of those in a while. They say you dream every single night, I can only remember them occasionally.

Yeah, I can only imagine people doing that sort of thing in public.
 
# 9 Fresh Tendrils @ 10/27/05 10:53 AM
I was in Fairfax last night, at the Patriot Center taking part in one hell of a show. Damn that place was rocking last night, especially during the RATM songs.
 
# 10 Steve_OS @ 10/27/05 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
I'll share a story with you....

So, the wife wants to go out to dinner last night after my little one’s last soccer game. Not being one to rock the boat, I’m down for it. We decide to check out a new place in town that has been open about two weeks. Now…before you say it… you get what you get when you go to a new restaurant. But, a family we know that owns 3 other spots in the area owns this place, so they have a ton of restaurant experience.

I’ll give you the rest in a timeline:

6:50p: Arrive at restaurant. Nice place. Pretty busy for a Wednesday night. There will be a 10-15 minute wait.

7:00p: Seated by hostess

7:04p: Waitress comes over and takes the drink order and the kids want an appetizer, so we order this little kid’s appetizer sampler.

7:18p: No drinks – No food – No appearances by the waitress at all since her earlier visit.

7:21p: Manager walks by and must have been able to see my less than pleased look – He walks briskly to the back

7:23p: Drinks arrive. Keep in mind, we haven’t even ordered yet. My best instinct was to leave, but when you have a 3 & 5 year old who don’t eat out often…YOU drag them out of this place hungry! We order at this point. The wife’s Iced Tea is God-awful. Clearly from the bottom of the pot. We’re going to send it back as soon as we see the Waitress again. P.S. She’s already told us the drinks are free because of the wait.

7:30p: Still no Waitress or no appetizer yet. I flag the Manager over and he says, “What can I do to make this better?” I say, get us a new Waitress…or ANY Waitress at this point… He apologizes. Gives us the sorry we’re new line.

7:32p: Wife gets a new Iced Tea and the appetizer finally arrives after 28 minutes.

7:50p: Food comes. Simple order. Wife got a salad, 5 year old a cheeseburger, and the 3 year old and I are going to eat some Pizza (one of the house specialties). No plates for the Pizza. Flag the Waitress down.

7:53p: Waitress brings a stack of 3 plates for the pizza. Pizza is up on one of those stands, so I slide a little slice off for the kid…put the plate down. Slide a slice off for me. Then when I go to move the extra plate away, my thumb slides through something on top of the 3rd plate. Oh ****!!! They gave us dirty plates!!! And not even OUR dirty plates… someone elses.

So now I am up looking for the Manager. I’m pissed and, to be honest, a little grossed out. He takes the pizza and all the plates away. Says “your dinner is on me tonight folks”… yeah really!!!!?!?!??

8:05p: They bring us a new pizza and clean plates.

8:29p: We’re out of there. With a helluva a story and no motivation to return.

I’m sure the girl who waited on us was gone before we pulled out of the parking lot and that makes me feel a little guilty. But DAMN!!! That was awful!

Top that!!!
That is nasty. They should have given you free food for a week. That would be quite expensive for them tho, huh Clay?
 
# 11 ehh @ 10/27/05 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
I'll share a story with you....

So, the wife wants to go out to dinner last night after my little one’s last soccer game. Not being one to rock the boat, I’m down for it. We decide to check out a new place in town that has been open about two weeks. Now…before you say it… you get what you get when you go to a new restaurant. But, a family we know that owns 3 other spots in the area owns this place, so they have a ton of restaurant experience.

I’ll give you the rest in a timeline:

6:50p: Arrive at restaurant. Nice place. Pretty busy for a Wednesday night. There will be a 10-15 minute wait.

7:00p: Seated by hostess

7:04p: Waitress comes over and takes the drink order and the kids want an appetizer, so we order this little kid’s appetizer sampler.

7:18p: No drinks – No food – No appearances by the waitress at all since her earlier visit.

7:21p: Manager walks by and must have been able to see my less than pleased look – He walks briskly to the back

7:23p: Drinks arrive. Keep in mind, we haven’t even ordered yet. My best instinct was to leave, but when you have a 3 & 5 year old who don’t eat out often…YOU drag them out of this place hungry! We order at this point. The wife’s Iced Tea is God-awful. Clearly from the bottom of the pot. We’re going to send it back as soon as we see the Waitress again. P.S. She’s already told us the drinks are free because of the wait.

7:30p: Still no Waitress or no appetizer yet. I flag the Manager over and he says, “What can I do to make this better?” I say, get us a new Waitress…or ANY Waitress at this point… He apologizes. Gives us the sorry we’re new line.

7:32p: Wife gets a new Iced Tea and the appetizer finally arrives after 28 minutes.

7:50p: Food comes. Simple order. Wife got a salad, 5 year old a cheeseburger, and the 3 year old and I are going to eat some Pizza (one of the house specialties). No plates for the Pizza. Flag the Waitress down.

7:53p: Waitress brings a stack of 3 plates for the pizza. Pizza is up on one of those stands, so I slide a little slice off for the kid…put the plate down. Slide a slice off for me. Then when I go to move the extra plate away, my thumb slides through something on top of the 3rd plate. Oh ****!!! They gave us dirty plates!!! And not even OUR dirty plates… someone elses.

So now I am up looking for the Manager. I’m pissed and, to be honest, a little grossed out. He takes the pizza and all the plates away. Says “your dinner is on me tonight folks”… yeah really!!!!?!?!??

8:05p: They bring us a new pizza and clean plates.

8:29p: We’re out of there. With a helluva a story and no motivation to return.

I’m sure the girl who waited on us was gone before we pulled out of the parking lot and that makes me feel a little guilty. But DAMN!!! That was awful!

Top that!!!

LMAO, hopefully you haven't seen Waiting recently Clay!!
 
# 12 cheddabob7502 @ 10/27/05 12:17 PM
What up peeps!!!

Well here we are another day and another lay, well hope you guys like that, just made it up. Well just like to say congrats to the Sox and were is Frank Thomas at?

With that said, its been a pretty quick week, and Clay man i feel your pain i hate that B.S. when that happens to me at a resturant. Well good thing you got it free and don't worry about that waitress, she got what she deserved. Just remember its not your fault they work there, there are so many options and that is what they chose. All and all it sucks at work right now, just passing up time with OS. You know i never knew how good and mature this site is. Im glad we can all talk like adults.But enough of that, Im just happy to hear about M360 and Live. I was getting worried about not hearing about them or seeing gameplay vids. But enough of that i will save that for other forums.

But didn't do nothing yesterday, i watched George Lopez, man that is some funny ish, and watched the Ring 2 it was ok but fell asleep to it. Yeah i didn't watch the game, it sucked cuz you already knew what was going to happen anyway so why waste time. Well at least tomorrow me and my family start our softball season again. You know what kids in highschool and college people forget, how fast life moves and how busy things get. My point is that you never notice how good it feels to play an Organized sport, instead of pickup games its better to just play in a league or a season with people you know. IDK but I feel like giving advice today for some reason.

Well weather looks very good in Texas. Its like 70-75 degrees outside and a little breeze, but if you lived here you will see the benefits of having heat.

I will respond on hear later, i got to go do some work, oh yeah Steve why don't you buy those new mouse traps they have, like as soon as a mouse or rat goes into the "hotel" it automatically shuts and keeps the dead body inside w/o leaving germs around. It looks like a hockey puck on the commercial if you ever saw it. Good Luck
 
# 13 poster @ 10/27/05 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I was a horrible test taker too. Not sure why, it's odd.

As for the mice, we keep our house clean too, not sure how he got in or whatever, but he's gonna be MINE, very soon.

I'm looking forward to CH as well, hopefully I'll get beta soon.
Steve just so we are on the same page, I didnt mean to say your house isnt clean. I am sure you know that but just saying. They find ways to get in though. Good luck catching him or her i get real nervous before tests and then freeze up and think I am always wrong. Not a good combo for test taking. Take care!
 
# 14 cheddabob7502 @ 10/27/05 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Steve just so we are on the same page, I didnt mean to say your house isnt clean. I am sure you know that but just saying. They find ways to get in though. Good luck catching him or her i get real nervous before tests and then freeze up and think I am always wrong. Not a good combo for test taking. Take care!
well for your freeze up you have taking tests, i use to have that same problem my first qt in college, and here is a very quick and easy way to help you, PRAY my friend, a little prayer asking for knowledge and help making a good grade always helps. After i did that the first time its been a ritual. Study night before and right before you go to class and then study while in class and then pray before and after the test. Trust me this regime always helps and still helps today. Never doubt yourself taking a test. Always feel confindent and go with your instincts on unsure answers. If anything skip the ones you don't know and finish them in the end. Good Luck on whatever test you take. heres to you
 
# 15 sportdan30 @ 10/27/05 01:05 PM
Anyone with little ones can attest when you go to a restaurant, you better be prepared to order and have some crayons and paper ready for them to pass the time as you wait for your meal. I definitely feel for Clay in that situation. Having dinner with your kids out is stressful enough, but having zero control over the service can be downright pressure packed intense.

For us, it's either Red Robin, Steak N' Shake, Fridays, Pancake House, Chuckie Cheese, or some other loud and obnoxious places in which there are other kids screaming and yelling.
 
# 16 Steve_OS @ 10/27/05 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
What's up?

We had our weekly poker game last night. We play $1/$2, dealer calls the game with 6-8 people usually. I ended up dead even after about 6 hours so thats not bad, although it was the first time in a month or so that I havn't won anything. Still was a good chance to get together with the boys and drink some beers.

I just picked up NCAA 2006 again last night before and after poker. I know it has its faults, but man is that game fun. I didn't even buy Madden this year because I knew NCAA would keep me entertained through the fall and now that I'm getting older I don't have enough time to play both. The only problem I'm having now is finding a good team to do my dynasty with. I like mobile quarterbacks and play a lot of 2 TE sets so need a team with good TE's. I'm thinking of creating my own team and sticking them in the Big East, but the created rosters are never any good. Any suggestions are welcome.

That's all for me today. It's a pretty boring day at work, so I'll be around.
I need to learn how to play cards, the only game I know how to play is Rummy.
 
# 17 Steve_OS @ 10/27/05 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Most likely you have mice. More than one, yeah they all look the same but if you see one ..... Here are the steps I use to get rid of our mice problems.

1. Plug up all the holes in your unit. If its small as a dime mice can get through. Look for pipes under sinks, doors, etc. Get some steel wool and that should keep them out.

2. If you have a basement place traps/poison down there. You most likely have a family of mice somewhere within your unit and poison is a good way to go. You have small children but I have a 3 yr old and its was pretty safe.

3. Move your traps every couple of days. Also its a debate on should you bait your traps or not. The idea you want the mice to run across your trap and not stop to eat. Also for the wooden traps try burning them a lil to get human smell off the trap.

4. Mice are really smart animals. They will avoid traps so change location and even brands.

Happy hunting

PS
When they get caught on the trap they sweat really sad. So if your wife or lil girl is sensitive just keep it in mind.
Thanks for the tips!
 
# 18 Steve_OS @ 10/27/05 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Waddup.

I walk in the door yesterday from work to see my guys huddled around the tv playing Madden. My one guy, the dirty one for those who remember yesterdays post, was gleefully beating the cpu 89-7. He was tryna get 100 points. I shook my head and headed up stairs to my aprtment and prepared for the Sox game.

A little bit after 11 pm, the White Sox win the world series and the very first thing I hear is someone letting off fireworks down the street. It also could of been gunfire but I dont know. It went on for about 10 minutes and I heard cars flying pass blasting they're horn. Reminded me of the Bulls championships....without the looting of course. They say you'll remember where you were when the final out happened. Well, I was alone in my front room with a empty beer can, cheering with myself. While my guy comes up and I guess hears the comotion outside and says "so I guess they won huh"? I'm a little salty that I was stuck watching it by myself when sports are sopposed to be when friends get together and have a good time but he was to busy romancing one of his gfs on the phone or something. Thats what you get when you have friends who are mere, casual video game sports fans.

But I did'nt let it get me down, the freaking White Sox won the championship. After a halfhour of post-game hoorah, I went to bed with a smile on my face.
HAHA, yea. I have quite a few friends that play games that way. If there is a close game, they feel cheated, they want to dominate every aspect of the game. Luckily we have a bunch of guys on OS that love the realism and don't mind losing to the CPU.

Congrats to your Chi-Sox!
 
# 19 Easton @ 10/27/05 01:25 PM
Hey Guys,

Had my first hockey game in 2 years last night. Man, am I sore today. For being completely out of shape and for it being my first time on skates in 2 years, I think I played pretty well. The guys on the team all seem pretty cool as well, so that's good. We won 2-1 in overtime, then had a celebratory pitcher (or 6). Got home waaaaay too late, and didn't want to get up to come to work this morning, but here I am.

Picked up Call of Duty 2 yesterday on the way home, but haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. I'll probably throw it in tonight. I got the Collector's Edition, so its only on one DVD, the normal version is on 6 CDs! It's got a 4GB install, too. One of the guys here played it some last night and loves it, so I've got high hopes for it.

Well, gotta get back to work. Hope everyone's having a great day!
 
# 20 Steve_OS @ 10/27/05 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
Has this been a long week or what? Work has been so incredibly slow lately that the days seems so long, but the nights fly by. All I want to do is come home, play with the kids, eat dinner, watch tv or game a little, and go to bed. Somehow, someway, I have to work getting to gym in there.

Congrats on finding a costume, Steve. Nothing like waiting to the last minute. Just kidding. Actually, that's usually what we have done the past few years or so. Seems like you found a fairly popular costume as well. I've seen Lazytown (what a name for a show, huh) a couple times while watching with my 5 year old neice. It's one of those you'd find pretty cool as a young kid.

So, I think we might hit the mall this year for Halloween rather than trudge from house to house. We'll go to a couple homes of neighbors we know, but other than that, I think it'll be too much walking for the kiddos. And is it me, or does it always rain or it bitterly cold on Halloween night?

Don't forget the time changes this weekend. I think it goes into effect either Saturday or Sunday morning. Either way, you gain an hour of sleep. My wife is excited about that, but wooooodeeedooo, it's only one night you really feel the difference of that extra hour. Plus, we have kids so I'm fairly certain they'll be up at 5am instead of 6. Sure wish the time change went in to effect the day after Halloween. Gives the kids an extra hour of daylight. Man, do I sound like a parent or what!

Can't seem to find a buyer for my PSP. If anyone knows anyone interested in purchasing an excellent condition PSP with a couple games, let me know. It seems every one is saving up for the 360. By the way, the store credit you'd get at places like GameStop and EB Games is such a ripoff, especially for a system that's just over 6 months old.
Work actually flies by for me, I'm constantly busy fixing computers. When I get home, I do the same thing as you. Play w/ my daughter, watch a little TV, get her ready for bed, etc. Then I'll try to get some games in. I don't game much at all on weekends. As for working the gym into your day, I had no time to do that either. But I went and bought a nice bench and some weights and 5 times out of the week I workout for about 45 minutes. I haven't recently, because of my wrist, but I should be back into it this weekend.

Yeah, I procrastinated a bit this year and luckily found a costume she wanted. I'll definitely be going a bit earlier next year. We'll be going to my brothers house for Halloween, this give Nat a chance to go out trick or treating w/ her cousins. She had a blast last year.

I'll ask a few of my friends if they are interested in your PSP. They constantly play mine but won't get one for themselves. I think it's time they had their own.
 

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.