* physics engine looks an feel pretty good.
* presentation of players is great in graphics.
* Jim Nantz and Phil Simms commentary seems 'finished'
* Halftime Show - they call it that but it is just stats with very generic commentary. flashy predetermined images of players again this year
* Post-Game Show - What post game show? The commentators talk about it but I didn't see it did you?
* commentary still errors now and then when the extra point is getting set. ("they set for a onside kick")
* directional passing? i didn't notice anything different. Seems the same game play to me.
* Crowd sounds are ok, but don't seem the same level as the commentators or even close. Could be my TV?
* hitstick feels sluggish
* gameplay feels pretty identical.
* was there an ability to challenge a play? i didn't see them.
* no commentary or graphic HUD on rookies.
They call this a demo but I would say a 'sneak peek' not a demo. If this is a demo, I don't see this game as finished. it is a sneek peek into a predetermined setup without being able to change the sounds etc.
Though this feels like a new madden (which every year it 'does') this didn't give me a hint how the CC will work. I know you can't edit rosters, you can't import NCAA draft players and I am concerned the commentary again will be lame.
Will the commentary follow game to game, year to year? will the QB when entering the field be talked about the same every time? ELi Manning 2 time super bowl champion? or will they talk about how he struggled last game? or his interceptions to touchdowns? What if they get a new rookie quarterback? will the commentators talk about him and where he came from and the expectations or his last game? or will it be generic "the quarterback comes onto the field"
My concern is generic commentary and lack of HISTORY in playing CC. game to game, year to year I want to feel, hear, and see updates to the commentary and stats that show the progression of my team and players and the STORYLINES.
I suspect this year will be pretty generic in this regard.
If this is addressed next year I will be happy. I hope I can trust Josh Looman to keep making this push?