http://youtu.be/xn4vQT6Kj5U http://youtu.be/eu4xhPtM6js http://youtu.be/fYvxbjekSIg
Madden 13 seems to have 'revamped' the entire operation here. Madden 12 I am sure will mark the last of the 'old madden'. There may not be a new console, but I believe FINALLY in Madden 13 with the new physics engine, and commentary setups to start up, THIS will be the madden that begins what we wanted since ps2 and xbox days.
Will this be THEE Madden? no. I believe in Josh Looman. He is the reason the ps2 maddens were awesome IMO. I like the direction they are going. This is the first madden I don't feel really pissed about.
Sure there are elements I will miss currently but I finally feel they are building madden for the long haul, not a short term year to year throw the baby out with the bath water approach.
May this BUILD ON from here and not be a revamp every year. The hope is the future will be about HISTORY of teams and players in 'connected careers' (the franchise mode of the new)
* Josh Looman I trust will put the game in the right direction
* Connected Careers COULD be awesome.
* Commentary is full finally.
* commentary seems good from what I have seen
* Good Commentary team
* Physics Engine FINALLY!
* New attributes to players
* Coach Mode is Franchise mode of old
* can get fired as coach (or shut off this option)
* create your own coach!
* gameface coach!
* can turn off getting fired as coach
* Hall of Fame - Legends
* can change player to coach etc, continue with same franchise
* scouting combine
* new unlocking of attributes of players
* MUT might be worth it, IF IT DOESN'T COST MONEY.
* Goals for Coaches! AWESOME!
* twitter personalities. ok.
* experience upgrades is actual money bound!
* can sign coaches throughout the year (josh looman @5:00 on vid two)
* practice mode - scout team runs opposing teams defense and offense
* Player progression frequency
* online and offline mantra of SAME
* same game controls as NCAA (finally)
* trade type control - more like this is awesome!
* canton team for play now
* legend coaches actual playbooks
* real draft picks (aka 2012 packers what draft picks do they have? madden has that setup)
* future draft picks
** coaches have ratings! (4 levels)
* player ratings change per team depending on type of player team wants (speed back,power back etc)
* cpu drafts players who fits their scheme
* resigning players have smarter logic. (may not sign with you if you insult them)
* can scout players throughout the entire season!
** scouting players is hugely deeper! BIG AWESOME! (player type, scheme, intangibles)
** scouting player - production attribute - AWESOME! really leave a rookie as a rookie! and a vet a vet!
** scouting player - durability - plays a factor now!
* potential stat no longer exists!
* no cap on players becoming 99 OVR (aka any player can become AWESOMENESS)
* created players retire when you don't play them (aka leave them they auto retire immediately )
* one person per league on same console
* No Import of NCAA, Hense no buying NCAA this season
* No editing of rosters
* no offline multiplayer same team mode
* no fight for the ball mode
* Legends have to be played by user not cpu i do believe (anyone know for sure?)
* no multiple legends put in franchise mode (connected careers)
* have to upload game face to use game face
1. edit rosters
2. multiplayer offline league, multiplayer offline player on one team.
3. import NCAA football draft (NCAA export)
* will the commentary change appropriately for rookies as things move on?
* will the rookies be highlighted or talked about by commentary in preseason?
* create a player - like the auto setup of draft picks - choose a speed runner and it give a setup you can 'start' from instead of having to do it all manually.
* legend players at peak to be put in madden connected careers as free agents or manually I can put them on a team I want them on.