A look at a massive open-world winter sports experience...
A look at how the franchise stacks up to someone not entirely familiar with it.
A look at Out of the Park Developments newest text-sim offering.
Most OS'ers expressed a desire for sports games to release farther apart from each other...
It was a perplexing year for FIFA. Visually, the game excelled. From gorgeous lighting to amazing face scans, it’s easy to say that this year’s FIFA is the best looking to date. Apart from the cosmetic upgrades, FIFA 17 brought about a greater sense of physicality with its new shielding animation, even if it’s a tad bit overpowered at times.
Stylistically, for the first time since FIFA 14, Custom Team Tactics (CTT) work and allow for a greater sense of variety in career mode if you put the time in to implement them. The new Journey Mode, while shallow, was a decent first attempt at an engaging first-player mode akin to NBA 2K’s MyPlayer. Hopefully, future iterations of this mode will expand upon its concepts, allowing for less canned scripting and provide a greater variety of options.
Read More - FIFA 17 Year-End Recap (Written by Kevin Groves)
- How Accurate Do You Think Sports Game Player Ratings Are?
- A Long Time Ago, in a Baseball League Far, Far Away…
- 2016 Sports Game of the Year: Best Online Experience (Reader's Choice)
- Forza Horizon 3 Rockstar Energy Car Pack Available Now
- 2016 Sports Game of the Year: Best Presentation (Reader's Choice)
- Old Time Hockey Updated Teams List & Teaser Trailer
- 2016 Sports Game of the Year: Best Gameplay (Reader's Choice)
- 2016 Sports Game of the Year: Best Solo/Career Mode (Reader's Choice)
- A Custom NBA 2K17 Hack Allows You To have a MyCAREER Experience Without the Extras
- 2016 Sports Game of the Year: Best Franchise/GM Mode (Reader's Choice)
- NBA All-Star Uniforms Available Now in NBA 2K17
- NBA 2K17 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (1-6)
- 2016 Sports Game of the Year: Best New Feature/Mode (Reader's Choice)
- Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Wild Card Weekend Available Now
- 2016 OS Readers' Sports Game of the Year
As with the other categories we'll list off the top vote getters and talk about each after the jump. Before you do that, be sure to visit our YouTube Channel and subscribe to us as we prepare a 2017 full of fun content!
Read More - 2016 OS Readers' Sports Game of the Year
The official Madden NFL 17 roster update for Wild Card weekend is available now. These weekly roster updates include changes to player ratings, depth charts, and injuries for all 32 teams.
You can check all of the changes here. We've listed some of the changes below.
- Aaron Rodgers +2 (Overall 96)
- Marshal Yanda +1 (Overall 96)
- Trent Williams +1 (Overall 95)
- Chris Harris Jr. +1 (Overall 94)
- Travis Kelce +1 (Overall 94)
- Aqib Talib +1 (Overall 94)
- Odell Beckham Jr. +1 (Overall 93)
- Devin McCourty +1 (Overall 93)
- Kelechi Osemele +3 (Overall 93)
- Landon Collins +1 (Overall 92)
- David Bakhtiari +1 (Overall 91)
- Malcolm Butler +2 (Overall 91)
- Matt Ryan +2 (Overall 91)
- Joe Thomas +1 (Overall 91)
- Mike Evans +1 (Overall 90)
- Kyle Juszczyk +1 (Overall 90)
- Jordy Nelson +1 (Overall 90)
- Eric Weddle -1 (Overall 95)
- Travis Frederick -2 (Overall 92)
- Tyron Smith -1 (Overall 92)
- Ndamukong Suh -1 (Overall 92)
- Ben Roethlisberger -1 (Overall 91)
- Andrew Whitworth -1 (Overall 91)
- DeAndre Hopkins -1 (Overall 90)
- Josh Norman -1 (Overall 90)
- Patrick Peterson -1 (Overall 90)
Still, most of them aren't just there to fill a void. Many of 2016's sports games introduced features that greatly enhanced or even revolutionized each series.
We gave you the chance to vote on your favorite new feature of 2016, and the results were incredibly tight. Check out the video above, subscribe to us on YouTube and click below to see the results of this year's reader's vote.
Read More - 2016 Sports Game of the Year: Best New Feature/Mode
Mike Stauffer (@2KStauff) has sent us the NBA 2K17 roster update details. Check them out here.
NOTE: Players from every team had their attributes adjusted (approximately 400 players total). If a player from a team below is not listed, it means that their attribute adjustment did not raise them or drop them a point.
The NBA All-Star uniforms, which were previously leaked in NBA 2K17 when the game released in September, were officially revealed today and are available now in-game.
For the purposes of this award, we gave it out to individual games versus individual modes since there were different varieties in some games but the differences weren't too huge. With that said, let's get to the results of this category!
Read More - 2016 Sports Game of the Year: Best Franchise/GM Mode (Reader's Choice)
His solution is to play in MyLEAGUE with a created player with player lock on. Of course, that means you have to manually create a player and place them on a roster -- and then you simply player lock onto your created player. When that happens viola! You have a MyPlayer you can play with and upgrade but without the added cut scenes, gym time, practices, and more of MyCAREER.
How his solution works is to use a spreadsheet system to upgrade your player based on their performance in a way that makes sense (and a way you can work to earn credits in a measureable way).
The system upvotd created allows for player upgrades based on on-court performance. There's even a spreadsheet to make things easier.
You can check out the full YourPlayer system on Reddit right now! Give it a try and let us know what you think!
This year, FIFA 17 jumped into the fray with their new mode, 'The Journey'. Other games such as MLB The Show 16, stuck with a more tried and true formula of building up characters and having you create your own narrative to play within.
Be sure to watch the video above and subscribe to us on YouTube and click below to see the results of this year's reader vote.
So when it comes to awarding the best gameplay category here at Operation Sports, we tend to really vote with our passions in this category. This year's winner may be surprising to some, but won't be to many others.
Watch the video above, subscribe to our YouTube Channel, and jump to the full results below!
V7 Entertainment Inc. has listened to the feedback since they announced Old Time Hockey last month. The team went back to the drawing board and created new teams, inspired from some of the birthplaces of hockey. Check them out below, along with their New Year teaser trailer.
- Charleston Hinto Brews - Charleston, SC
- Fort Edward Acadians - Windsor, NS
- Long Island Rumrunners - Commack, NY
- Quebec Rebelles - Beauce, QC
- Cape Cod Lamplighters - Hyannisport, MA
- Warroad Ice Anglers - Warroad, MN
- Cascadia Timber Cats - Springfield, OR
- Portage Lake Widowmakers - Houghton, MI
- Moose Jaw Farmhands - Moose Jaw, SK
- Cobalt Silver Blades - Cobalt, ON
Old Time Hockey is scheduled to arrive sometime early this year for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC (Steam).
Luckily for us, we were treated to a wide variety of great sports titles from a presentation standpoint last year. We recently asked you to vote on your top picks, and here are the results.
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel as well!
Read More - 2016 Sports Game of the Year: Best Presentation (Reader's Choice)
The Forza Horizon 3 Rockstar Energy car pack is available now for $6.99, or free for Car Pass subscribers. The car pack includes the following cars. Check out the trailer here.
- 2015 BMW i8
- 2015 Volvo V60 Polestar
- 2016 Radical RXC Turbo
- 1972 Ford Falcon XA GT-HO
- 1987 Nissan Skyline GTS-R (R31)
- 2014 Ford #11 Rockstar F-150 Trophy Truck
- 2016 Bentley Bentayga
As it turns out, five games in total were close enough for mention in this year's readers choice vote. You can listen to Editor Chris Sanner and Forum Admin Millennium discuss the results in the piece above, also be sure to subscribe to us on YouTube while you are at it!
Let's get to the results!
Read More - 2016 Sports Game of the Year: Best Online Experience (Reader's Choice)