A look at what we think of NBA Live 15 just before launch day...
An average racer with no real hook to keep you playing...
A look at the one feature which could really spice MyCareer up.
A crucial feature which EA nailed...
Operation Sports Content
Monday, October 27, 2014
01:22 PM - October 27, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
Last year's debut hockey management sim from Out of the Park Developments had a lot of lessons to learn, and it appears the second year of the franchise is looking up quite a bit.
The graphical interface of Franchise Hockey Manager 2015 is all new, with a lot of influence from Out of the Park Baseball clearly evident now. Not only is the look new, but the functionality and ease of navigation (a key complaint last year) have been worked on as well.
Things like the news screen have been reworked and streamlined so there are less options to wade through while other areas have been expanded for greater control over your team. We're looking forward to hearing more information, and with no release date currently announced -- we're sure there will be plenty of new information to come.
Be sure to check out the blog on OOTP Development's website for more details and check out the new screens below.
11:20 AM - October 27, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS.
Things didn't go well for NBA Live last season, but change is in the air with NBA Live 15. We gathered a couple of staffers up who are giving the game some playtime early on XBox Access and asked them what they thought about this year's game ahead of release day...
Read More - NBA Live 15 Staff Impressions Ahead of Release Day (Roundtable)
06:57 AM - October 27, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports has posted another NBA Live 15 video. This one features Damian Lillard walking you through some of the controls in the game.
The trial version of NBA Live 15 is available now for Xbox One EA Access subscribers. The PlayStation 4 demo and the non-EA Access version will be available tomorrow for Xbox One users. The game itself releases tomorrow.
Sunday, October 26, 2014
02:57 PM - October 26, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Caley Roark
But other times it doesn’t. When a game puts all of its eggs into the online basket, there’s room for a huge debacle, leaving gamers with nothing but a shell of a $60 game (see SimCity, 2013).
Driveclub isn’t quite as bad as EA’s City Builder, but inconsistent online functionality have plagued the first “serious” racing game on PS4 and left some users feeling cheated. Unfortunately, looking at just the single player options won’t inspire additional confidence.
Read More - Driveclub's Online Issues, Average Gameplay A Forgettable Experience (PS4 Review)
01:35 PM - October 26, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- NBA 2K15 Patch Available Now For Both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 4 Launches Early Access Program
- WWE 2K15 Introduces Who Got NXT Mode (360/PS3 Exclusive)
- New Courts Available Now in NBA 2K15 For Cavs, Pelicans, Kings, Nets, 76ers & Nuggets
- Madden NFL 15 Week 8 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included
- Buy NBA Live 15 During Launch Week & Receive 10 Gold Premium Packs, Pre-Order For 20
- Football Manager 2015 Pre-Release Beta Available Now For Those That Pre-Order
- NBA Live 15 Available Now For EA Access Subscribers, Post Your Impressions
- NBA 2K15 Patch Details
- World Series Special: OOTP 15 is 50% Off, iOOTP 2014 is 80% Off
- NBA 2K15 2nd Patch Available Now For PC Users
- F1 2014 Available Now For Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC
- NBA Live 15 Demo Details
- NHL 15 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Full Details Included
- The Golf Club Feature Update Available Now, Details Included
- WWE 2K15 TV Commercial
- FIFA 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included
Videos and Screenshots
- WWE 2K15 Video - What A Maneuver! Episode 1
- Project CARS Halloween Trailer
- NBA Live 15 Gameplay Videos - Rising Star, Live Ultimate Team & More
- NBA Live 15 Will Have a Gameplay Livestream (Archive Link Included
- NBA 2K15 Video - Parallel Featuring Vince Carter (Shady00018)
Features & Blogs
- Are Online-Requirements for Single Player Modes Good for Gamers? (Roundtable)
- Dual Threat Podcast - Season 3: Week 9 Preview
- Press Row Podcast - NBA 2K15 Afterthoughts and NBA Live 15 Initial Impressions
- In WWE 2K15, One Sleeper Feature Which Could Revitalize MyCareer Mode
- Dual Threat Podcast - Week 8 Review Show
- NHL 15's Online Team Play is a Rushed, Incomplete Mess
- NBA 2K15 MyGM Diary: The Offseason
- The Golf Club Update Shows How Companies Should Improve Their Games Post-Release
- The Spurs Are An Efficient Machine in NBA 2K15...Who's Your Kryptonite?
- How FIFA 15's Pro Clubs Mode Gets Online Team Play Right
- The PES 2015 Demo Shows Solid Progress For the Series Into Next-Gen (Roundtable)
Saturday, October 25, 2014
06:01 PM - October 25, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS.
The NBA 2K15 online server issues, along with Driveclub's server issues have made for a lot of discussion on how good online/server connectivity requirements are for seemingly single player experiences. We asked our staff a simple question: With the growing demand for connectiveness, is it good for gamers that games require you to connect online to play large chunks of the game?
Read More - Are Online-Requirements for Single Player Modes Good for Gamers? (Roundtable)
10:40 AM - October 25, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The 2014 college football season is under way, and we have it all covered on Dual Threat, Operation Sports' College Football Podcast! Dual Threat is hosted by Matt Cahill, a.k.a. Drab T-Shirt, and Robert Bode, hosts and producers at 106.7 The Fan in DC, and they discuss everything college football related with an opinionated and fast-paced show!
In this episode of Dual Threat Season 3, Drab and Bode discuss the ho-hum week of games and the lack of quality 3:30 games recently, plus a heated discussion about Florida State and the top 4 teams heading into the upcoming debut of the College Football Playoff Committee's rankings, what should be done to fix the issues facing Virginia Tech, plus Drab and Bode breakdown and make predictions for the big games of the day; Maryland-Wisconsin, Ole Miss-LSU and USC-Utah!
Be sure to follow the show and guys on Twitter, @DualThreatCFB, @DrabTShirt and @Bode1067. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher, listen in the embedded player below or click here. Also, you can check out the guys every Saturday morning from 7-8am on 106.7 The Fan in DC! Be sure to listen in every week for new episodes, right here on OperationSports.com. Thanks for listening!
Friday, October 24, 2014
06:09 PM - October 24, 2014. Posted by Cowboy008. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the latest WWE 2K15 video showing off some of the maneuvers you can pull off in the game.
03:18 PM - October 24, 2014. Posted by phillycheese. Written by Steve Noah
The NBA 2K15 patch is available now for PlayStation 4 users, weighing in at 940MB. This patch was released for the PC version a few days ago with plans to have the Xbox One patch available within the next 48 hours.
UPDATE: It is now available for Xbox One, weighing in at 945MB.
UPDATE #2: Face scanning on the Xbox One is much better, make sure you give it another shot if you were having issues.
2K has confirmed these specific fixes. Please post your findings as you see them.
- Made a number of stability fixes to improve the quality of the MyPARK experience, and online as a whole.
- Improvements have been made to the face scanning experience. Please ensure you have plenty of balanced lighting (natural light is best) for best results.
- The correct animation will now be shown in Edit Player when scrolling through the available list of animations.
- Fixed a rare hang that would occur when changing the in-game language from the Options menu.
- Fixed an issue where the user who invited would sometimes hang at the conclusion of a playoff game in Online Leagues.
- Addressed an issue in MyGM/MyLEAGUE where, in certain cases, the game would not allow the user to exceed 13 players during the free agency period of the offseason.
- Fixed a rare occurrence where Doris Burke would warp off the screen prior to an on-court interview with a player/coach.
- Addressed a number of locations where voice chat icons and Online IDs were not properly displayed during the online experience (PS4).
- Users are now able to re-watch 2KTV episodes that have already been watched to completion.
03:12 PM - October 24, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 4 is a text-management simulation which allows you to take the reigns of a basketball GM and build your franchise how you want to. Today, Wolverine Studios announced that DDS:PB4 is now available in FirstAccess, allowing you to pre-order the game today and get your hands on the beta builds as we work up to the official release of the game.
Some of the great new features included in DDS: Pro Basketball 4 include
- Totally Rebuilt UI with a brand new look and a ton of new accessible information (1280x768 min resolution required)
- More stat tracking - individual player shot charts are kept, new advanced stats are displayed on team roster pages and new stats introduced like PIE
- Overhauled game engine to account for brand new offensive sets giving you much more control over an offensive gameplan and engine tweaks to punish certain unrealistic strategies
- Sim speed improvements make the game simulate much quicker
- Combine stats added for rookies to use for scouting rookies to draft
- Full 32 team development league added so that each team has their own d-league affiliate
- Financial changes allowing the salary and luxury cap as well as player salaries to increase over time
- League creation now randomizes most non-statistical ratings categories for players to increase the uniqueness of each season
- New option added to randomize player potential when creating a league to further improve replayability
- Introducing @WSSportsNetwork - DDSPB4 gives you the ability to read in the game tweets from this feed to keep up with your fellow gamers and see how their dynasties are going
- Multiplayer League improvements (still in development)
12:52 PM - October 24, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the latest Project CARS trailer, which highlights night racing, severe weather conditions and more. The game arrives on March 17th for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC with a Nintendo Wii U release later in the year.
Read the full press release below.
NEW PROJECT CARS NIGHT RACING TRAILER
SCARES UP THRILLS FOR HALLOWEEN
SCARES UP THRILLS FOR HALLOWEEN
Slightly Mad Studios and BANDAI NAMCO Games America Inc. today released a brand new trailer for Project CARS, coming to PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One® all-in-one games and entertainment system and PC on March 17, 2015 and later in 2015 for the Nintendo Wii U™ system.
The new trailer throws racers into a thrilling white-knuckled night race to celebrate the Halloween season. The Halloween trailer exemplifies Slightly Mad Studios’ approach that everything they put into Project CARS not only has to look stunning but must add additional gameplay.
The video showcases the incredible visual fidelity that allows tracks to be recreated with absolute perfection, but also highlights the added challenge that night racing and severe weather conditions bring – especially in a tight pack of blisteringly fast GT spec cars. So sit back and enjoy the thrill and drama of this dark decent and Happy Halloween!
12:16 PM - October 24, 2014. Posted by toine2983. Written by Chris Sanner
WWE 2K15 on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 are debuting a new mode called, "Who Got Nxt" into the game.
You can see more screens from the mode in our WWE 2K15 media section. What do you think about the Who Got Nxt mode?
11:17 AM - October 24, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The 106th episode of the Press Row Podcast features a full panel of Press Row regulars diving deep into the two big fall NBA releases. Up first is an extended discussion of NBA 2K15 now that we’ve all had a few weeks to play – or choose not to play – NBA 2K15 in a full retail environment. Next is a chat about expectations for NBA Live 15, including how the game is being held up by EA as well as what the panel thinks its approach should be. Lastly, Rich spends a few minutes with PastaPadre’s Bryan Wiedey one-on-one to get his thoughts after spending six hours hands-on with NBA Live 15 via EA Access. It’s a hoops extravaganza. Enjoy!
Joining us this week:
- Chris Sanner, Operation Sports (@Chrissnr)
- Bryan Wiedey, PastaPadre (@pastapadre)
- Owen Good, Polygon (@owengood)
- Samit Sarkar, Polygon (@samitsarkar)
- Kat Bailey, US Gamer (@The_Katbot)
- T.J. Lauerman, ThatSportsGamer (@ThatSportsGamer)
- And your host, Richard Grisham, GamesRadar/OXM/@GAMER (@richgrisham)
Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Enjoy the show!
Run Time: 1 Hour, 49 Minutes
If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.
09:52 AM - October 24, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Another week of NFL football gives us another new Operation Sports FanDuel fantasy football league. It's $5 to enter again in week 8 and first place wins $75. Click here to join.
OperationSports Member mattman1398 cruised to a 7 point victory in week 7, thanks to a great lineup that included some of the day's best picks. Demaryius Thomas and Sammy Watkins had breakout days for mattman, combining for 17 catches, 293 yards and 4 touchdowns. Neither player was owned by more than 10% of the field. Mattman paid up at quarterback to select Andrew Luck who didn't meet expectations, but he was still able to best the 72 other entries to secure the week 7 win. Had mattman entered his team into the Sunday $2 Million tournament, he would've finished in 640th out of 91,000 teams, good for a $250 payday.
Sweettouch finished in 2nd place, carried by a strong day by an off-the-radar selection, Matt Forte.
Here's mattman1398's lineup, which was good for a nice $75 first place prize.
Here's the link for week 8's league. Good luck!
04:29 AM - October 24, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The new courts, which were scheduled to arrive for NBA 2K15 before the regular season tips off, are already here. This update includes new courts for the Cleveland Cavaliers, New Orleans Pelicans, Sacramento Kings, Brooklyn Nets, Philadelphia 76ers and Denver Nuggets.
These should be available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (no word on PC yet), per 2K. It doesn't appear to be an addition for old-gen consoles.