Raw 03/12/12 - Talking,music,more talking,more music,movie trailer,wrestling maybe - Page 50 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Raw 03/12/12 - Talking,music,more talking,more music,movie trailer,wrestling maybe

This is a discussion on Raw 03/12/12 - Talking,music,more talking,more music,movie trailer,wrestling maybe within the WWE Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling > WWE Forum

Old 03-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #491
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Raw 03/12/12 - Talking,music,more talking,more music,movie trailer,wrestling mayb

You're right, just because you're father was an alcoholic doesn't mean your guaranteed to be. But it does mean that you're chances of becoming one are VASTLY increased. Lot's of children of alcoholic's live either a straight edge lifestyle or very close to one out of fear and the knowledge that they are more susceptible to it.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #492
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: Raw 03/12/12 - Talking,music,more talking,more music,movie trailer,wrestling mayb

So we've had the singing Rock and rappin Cena. What's gonna happen this coming Monday? WM isn't here yet, and they still need to somehow keep interest in this "feud".

Quote from "Arthur"; the original movie, not the crappy Russell Brandt remake.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #493
The Future

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
You're right, just because you're father was an alcoholic doesn't mean your guaranteed to be. But it does mean that you're chances of becoming one are VASTLY increased. Lot's of children of alcoholic's live either a straight edge lifestyle or very close to one out of fear and the knowledge that they are more susceptible to it.
And that is true. But the way this storyline is going, it's more like Punk is a recovering alcoholic. If this feud was against someone who had problems with substance abuse themselves (like a Shawn Michaels, for example) it'd make a TON more sense.

I understand that in wrestling you have to suspend your disbelief. I have no problem when Kane has the ability to control fire (but apparently has the moral compass to not just shoot fireballs at people at the start of every match). That's fine to me. But when you are trying to make a storyline that's rooted in reality that makes giant leaps of logic, I have a problem with it. If he were to start drinking, is CM Punk more likely to become an alcholic and crave the stuff? Absolutely. But does he already crave it? No. Is the fact that his father was an alcoholic mean that (after 33 years of not drinking) Punk is more susceptible to dive into drinking after a tough loss? Nope. He's actually probably less likely.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #494
MVP

Blitz1942's Arena

OVR: 20
PS Network: Blitz1942

Totally calling him if I need a lawyer.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:08 PM   #495
Vier.

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Call me crazy but I'm sure Jericho will expand on it further, lol.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #496
All Star

bdolski's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz1942

Totally calling him if I need a lawyer.
I'm not calling him, I'm tweeting him.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #497
Banned

OVR: 55
PS Network: Dislimb420

Otunga is worse than useless as an actual wrestler, but I really like the way they are using him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling > WWE Forum »