5 troubling signs for sports game fans across the world - Page 9 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

5 troubling signs for sports game fans across the world

This is a discussion on 5 troubling signs for sports game fans across the world within the Sports Gaming News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Sports Gaming News

Old 10-31-2012, 02:37 PM   #81
*r sh**ld *?

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 5 troubling signs for sports game fans across the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The bigger question is why doesn't Konami take its Pro Yakyuu Spirits engine and make a multiplatform MLB game out of it?
It was done before, it was called MLB 2k1 on the Dreamcast. Unfortunately it was a half a***d port with little aspects of the original hit in Japan. Not sure they can make the Japanese version and then make a turnaround in enough time to make it fit with American Baseball.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #82
Pro

HKPound's Arena

OVR: 6

I've been extremely disappointed by EA's recent efforts. FIFA and Madden were big disappointments to me this year. However, I've found a lot of fun in NHL, MLB the Show, OOTP, and Football Manager. I hope sports games do not go on this decline they seem to have been on as of late.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:58 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
This scares me. I really hope somebody picks up the MLB License. Can you imagine no baseball on the Xbox?

I am sure games like Madden and FIFA will survive no matter what though.
nice postYou can easily find live North Carolina vs Virginia match here donít waste your time watch and enjoy all live ncaa match. Here is live ncaa TV link North Carolina vs Virginia HD quality video online broadcast. Your subscription will grant you immediate access to the most comprehensive listing of live ncaa football.ncaa football fees anywhere in the world where you have access to internet connection.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #84
Rookie

ClutchFrame47's Arena

OVR: 5

NO BASEBAL!!!???
Old 11-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #85
MVP

lhslancers's Arena

OVR: 18
PS Network: lancers32

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
It was done before, it was called MLB 2k1 on the Dreamcast. Unfortunately it was a half a***d port with little aspects of the original hit in Japan. Not sure they can make the Japanese version and then make a turnaround in enough time to make it fit with American Baseball.
PYS is by far my favorite BB series. Miles ahead of The Show IMO. But... Konami is only dealing with 12 teams and a smaller set of stadiums. They would have a monumental task ahead just getting the stadiums correct to say nothing of all MLB players and their stances and swings. Better nothing than a half assed attempt by Konami. PYS is enough for me anyway.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #86
Banned

E3 2012 is right around the corner, and shots have been fired across the bow of sports gamers everywhere. As gaming hardware and software sales continue to experience uncomfortable dips,
Old 12-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #87
Rookie

Capitalx's Arena

OVR: 1
PS Network: GNilx

As the great English philosophe Adam Smith once preached "competition leads to a greater product"
You don't see racing games repeatedly on the decline....Forza, Grid and DIRT series.
You don't see shooters on the decline....
Why?
The answer is that when EA or 2k get exclusive rights on a product they start coasting on developing and engine tuning
Why?
No competition means no one can challenge their sales....
Why doesn't the market choke the sales of said underachieving games?
Humans are a material thing you see, we want the newest and the greatest(?). EA and 2k know this, we will always shell out 60 bucks for that new football game everyone is raving about...its the only one on the market. IGN and all these "rating companies" giving B-A grades are not helping this crisis..
Example?
Look at 2k11 easily the best basketball game ever made, why is the series on the decline with recent disappointing games? (not 2k13) but 2k12 was a major dissapointment.
Reason?
2k took control of the NBA video game market with NBA live folding, they start to coast knowing that adding increments here and there will reap the benefits anyway
Why only sports games?
Leagues, League owners, Collective Bargaining Agreements, NCAA (to hell with them) simply put you can't buy a license for the racing genre, you can however buy the names...logos....cars...title rights and slap them on a shiny formula 1 game... Look at the NFL and that flop backbreaker (which could of been great)

Simply put you would get lazy to if you could get an A+ in an assignment (sales) for doing D work (final product)

If there was no exclusive right on the NFL License, EA would be putting out games like 2k11 in the football market year after year to grab more sales from enemies (theoretically...EA has been synonymous with garbage)

And this my friends is why Sports gaming will always(?) be steps behind everyone else sadly..
Solution: This monopoly on our beloved leagues must be put to an end or at least given out for only 2 years, slowly but surely gamers are realizing this and stopping the money river to these games.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #88
Rookie

ofpveteran73's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
The Show is a system seller. Obviously not as much as Halo but there are people who buy a PS3 just for the Show.

Why would Sony make it for the Xbox or PC when people can buy a PS3 or Vita and play it. It's never going to happen. Just like the original Mass Effect will never come to PS3.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
its funny how me1 is now out ps3 alot of old xbox exclusives have been coming out on ps3 then again none of them were made by microsoft.
NBA-Charlotte Bobcats & Chicago Bulls
NBA-Iowa Energy
NHL- Carolina Hurricanes
MLH-Des Moines Buccaneers
MLB- Chicago Cubs & Iowa Cubs
Soccer- Bayern Munich
NT- Germany
Old 01-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #89
Rookie

I agree sirs
Old 02-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #90
Hap Eester

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
And that's about half of what FIFA will sell.

FIFAs main audience is Europe, and rightly so. On a system by system basis, FIFA has rarely sold more than 750,000 copies in North America.

They sell 4-5x more than that in Europe. Which they took some of PES fans that switched allegiances. There was probably only a small amount of actual new soccer gamers gained.

Gotta look at all relating numbers. Also with sports games, I don't think opening day numbers mean a whole lot. It just means it was anticipated a whole lot more by the fans.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sorry to bump this thread. But soccer is getting more and more popular in the states and I know plenty of my friends that got into soccer because of fifa. I wish we could have statistics on it but I would say new soccer gamers are the reason for fifas sales increases and arent a small number. Not to mention to fifa team has done a great job with the product.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Sports Gaming News »