5 troubling signs for sports game fans across the world - Page 12 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

5 troubling signs for sports game fans across the world

This is a discussion on 5 troubling signs for sports game fans across the world within the Sports Gaming News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Sports Gaming News

Old 01-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 5 troubling signs for sports game fans across the world

I agree sirs
Old 02-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #90
AKA VTPack919

BigTimeTimmyJim's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
And that's about half of what FIFA will sell.

FIFAs main audience is Europe, and rightly so. On a system by system basis, FIFA has rarely sold more than 750,000 copies in North America.

They sell 4-5x more than that in Europe. Which they took some of PES fans that switched allegiances. There was probably only a small amount of actual new soccer gamers gained.

Gotta look at all relating numbers. Also with sports games, I don't think opening day numbers mean a whole lot. It just means it was anticipated a whole lot more by the fans.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sorry to bump this thread. But soccer is getting more and more popular in the states and I know plenty of my friends that got into soccer because of fifa. I wish we could have statistics on it but I would say new soccer gamers are the reason for fifas sales increases and arent a small number. Not to mention to fifa team has done a great job with the product.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #91
Banned

OVR: 10

its all about the nhl and nfl games for me. rest i could care less for
Old 02-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #92
Rookie

All of my life.....soccer.....soccer.....soccer.....ok,35 years in that sport! No more,i want more of nfl and nhl from EA....more Nfl Head Coach!PC version 06 is the best09 for ps3 not so much,it is 5 years from last coach....sad for me,very sad!EA shame on you!!!

Greetings from Serbia
Old 02-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #93
Rookie

The games that would be in trouble are niche sports that few people play and are interested in, like hockey for example. Even baseball, another sport that's losing popularity with gamers, should be around given the solid foundation SCEA has developed and nurtured the past few years. It's maybe the only sports video game that can truly be called a next-gen game, and gamers recognize it and support it for that reason among others.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #94
Rookie

kmuh21's Arena

I agree that 2k sports,and The Show are great games that have the potential to make SPORTS GAMES last for awhile. I sure wish 2k Sports would make another College Basketball game. 2K8 was a great game.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #95
Rookie

ShnarlyDude's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmuh21
I agree that 2k sports,and The Show are great games that have the potential to make SPORTS GAMES last for awhile. I sure wish 2k Sports would make another College Basketball game. 2K8 was a great game.

I still rock a legacy mode in 2k8 two or three times a year.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #96
Rookie

I would love to see another college basketball game. Hopefully they make it sooner rather than later. Would be an awesome reboot to the franchise. Also I would ove to see 2K make another football game. i remember them being very good. I think if they made a game with the actual rosters and have access to them like madden does that 2K would be able to make a better game than EA sports... But the problem is all about the money, people being greedy and trying to take everything for themselves.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Sports Gaming News »