2012 NFL Draft Thread. - Page 72 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

2012 NFL Draft Thread.

This is a discussion on 2012 NFL Draft Thread. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football

Old 04-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #711
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: 2012 NFL Draft Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
You build from the line, back.
Not only that, they still have two second rounders. Janoris Jenkins is still on the board and is a top talent. Just is a problem child. I wouldn't be surprised if the patriots want him they'll do what they need to do today to get him. I'd expect a run on DB's here in the second round.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #712
Hall Of Fame

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
This is not true Shiz. I think a lot of teams would like to have Greg Little. Ben Watson aint bad. I think the biggest issue for Cleveland is they have to play against 3 top 5 defenses (Pitt, Balt, Cincy) twice a season. That's their biggest problem and McCoy aint cutting it against those defenses. I do think they panicked and gave up too much to move and get Richardson. However, if someone else was going to move in front of them they probably did the right thing as crazy as it looks. The thing is Richardson is going to help that team. They gotta shore up the right side of their OL, but the key for survival in that division is trying to find a way to run the football with a bruising RB because if you have to move the chains dropping back a lot that's when the trouble begins. To be clear, I'm not saying I would have made the moves they made, however, if I'm that team I would want those players. I think they had Kendal Wright on their radar and when the Titans took him they panicked and rather than taking Weeden in the 2nd they just took him in the first.

I still think they are a ways off in the division though but like the pieces they added. Just disagree with the way they did it. That said, I don't know if someone was trying to move up and take Richardson or not. Latest rumor is that the Chiefs were looking to trade back up to take Weeden so it was probably a good move for them to take him where they did.
I have no problem w/ what they did for Richardson. I just don't like the Weeden move. You point out little, but I still say it's a problem when your best skill player is a #2 WR. I agree about playing 3 top defenses twice a year. My thing is, i don't think it's a McCoy problem, but a Browns offense problem. I just don't see a 28 year old QB that tore up average defenses as the solution.

#FreeGhostWriter
#FreeAlgoody421
Old 04-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #713
HOYER THE DESTROYER!!!!!!

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
I have no problem w/ what they did for Richardson. I just don't like the Weeden move. You point out little, but I still say it's a problem when your best skill player is a #2 WR. I agree about playing 3 top defenses twice a year. My thing is, i don't think it's a McCoy problem, but a Browns offense problem. I just don't see a 28 year old QB that tore up average defenses as the solution.
They need another WR. They need to draft a deep threat with their 2nd rounder, and they should be in position to get him.

McCoy isn't going to make receivers better. He absolutely cannot hit the deep ball. His arm is weak, which is awful playing in Cleveland, and he also cannot take a hit.

Weeden is tall, typical pocket QB with a rocket arm and good accuracy. He will get the ball into positions for WR'ers to make plays. They need one deep threat and their offense would be significantly improved.

Hoyer The Destroyer
Old 04-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #714
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Ohhh I'm not saying Weeden is the answer, but he might be A better answer for them than McCoy. But both are gonna get killed if they don't address the right side of that OL.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:20 AM   #715
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

I don't mind the Weeden pick. However, was he going to be there for their 2nd round pick? They could have rolled the dice. I think once the Baylor WR was picked, Browns knew they were going with Weeden.

As for my Cowboys, like the move. It is one of those where I have to wait and see how he pans out. If he is what they say, GREAT MOVE. This is a pass happy league, and we are in a division where we will have to stop some big time WRs.

With Carr, Jenkins, Scandrick, and now Claiborne, we have a solid group.

I guess they could have selected Kirkpatrick with the 14th and still had their 2nd rounder, but time will tell if this was a great move or not.

Also, wow, DeCastro fell, A LOT! Steelers with a steal. A few months ago, I would have been happy if he fell to Dallas at 14.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #716
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
They need another WR. They need to draft a deep threat with their 2nd rounder, and they should be in position to get him.

McCoy isn't going to make receivers better. He absolutely cannot hit the deep ball. His arm is weak, which is awful playing in Cleveland, and he also cannot take a hit.

Weeden is tall, typical pocket QB with a rocket arm and good accuracy. He will get the ball into positions for WR'ers to make plays. They need one deep threat and their offense would be significantly improved.
They will have a shot at Ruben Randall and Stephen Hill. Do you take one of those guys or do you grab a good OL prospect to protect your QB. I think there will be a run on OL and WR's and DB's in round 2. The Browns are gonna have to make a big decision here. In the third you are not gonna get one of the top line prospects. You might still find a good WR there.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #717
MVP

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

I found a good read on Bruce Irvin and his background for those unfamiliar. ESPN is ripping the guy apart like he's a paroled felon with murder and armed robberies, which is ridiculous. Good luck Bruuuuuuuuuce!!!

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2...attle-seahawk/
Old 04-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #718
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
I don't mind the Weeden pick. However, was he going to be there for their 2nd round pick? They could have rolled the dice. I think once the Baylor WR was picked, Browns knew they were going with Weeden.

As for my Cowboys, like the move. It is one of those where I have to wait and see how he pans out. If he is what they say, GREAT MOVE. This is a pass happy league, and we are in a division where we will have to stop some big time WRs.

With Carr, Jenkins, Scandrick, and now Claiborne, we have a solid group.

I guess they could have selected Kirkpatrick with the 14th and still had their 2nd rounder, but time will tell if this was a great move or not.

Also, wow, DeCastro fell, A LOT! Steelers with a steal. A few months ago, I would have been happy if he fell to Dallas at 14.
I don't think he would have been there which is the reason why I said I think they made the right move no matter how bad it looks. Rumor mill had KC trying to trade back into the bottom of the first to take him. So if that is true the Browns had to go ahead and secure him when Wright went off the board.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #719
Hall Of Fame

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88

I remember a noodle armed QB that had his team in the playoffs in New York. As far him not taking a hit, I'd probably have to give you that, but the shot he took against the Steelers(?), I'm not sure many QB's could've taken that hit also. He still came back into the game. Weeden also comes from a shotgun spread and had his fair share of playmakers, one chosen in the top 5. And I'm not sure if I saw Weeden have to recover from a big hit last season.

I think in this draft, there's Luck/RGIII, then everyone else. When else have we seen a QB w/ two, TWO years of experience get taken in the top 10? Teams shied away from older QB's after Weinke. Teams needing QB's got desperate and didn't want to wait for next year or late round projects. I guess you can't blame them and gamble on next year.

#FreeGhostWriter
#FreeAlgoody421
Old 04-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #720
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Personally I just don't think it was the right move for a rebuilding team to spend a 1st round pick on a 28/29 year old rookie QB. IMO they would have been better off filling a different position or trading down with that pick, keeping Colt as the starter and letting the chips fall where they may. Then next year they could potentially take Landry Jones or Matt Barkley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »