Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc) - Page 568 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc)

This is a discussion on Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball

Old 01-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #5671
Hall Of Fame

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc)

Quote:
King also talked about Williams telling WIP, "I look for Deron to be with us for a very long time." In a separate interview with Comcast Sports Net, King was asked if he has to acquire Dwight Howard to keep Williams.
"No, that's not true," said King. "Deron and I have a good relationship. He knows we're going to get better next year. We have cap flexibility. We have draft picks. We chose not to sign guys long term to give ourselves flexibility going into the off-season next year. We'll get Brook back and we'll be pretty good this year.
"I know it's the big elephant in the room where Deron stands but I feel pretty comfortable about it," he added before offering this about the trade deadline, "You got to be aggressive. l like to take chances. So I'll do that."
123456loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Paul George's shot selection > Paul George's THOT selection
Old 01-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #5672
Basketball Reasons

Drewski's Arena

OVR: 23

Interesting to see how Deron situation is being managed in NJ. Have to say, between Denver, Orlando, and Jersey, I'm impressed with what's been coming out of NJ this season as far as how they are handling it.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #5673
Hall Of Fame

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

"I've never heard of Ken Berger in my life. I've had a Hamburger."

Quote:
Old 01-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #5674
FSU Wins....Again

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
The question is what would be Gordon's asking price. Bid too much and you're over encumbered for the foreseeable future, too little and he's going somewhere else.

I think Gallinari's contract might have set the bar at what to expect.
Russell Westbrook set the bar as to what to expect as that's what he wants, think the Hornets were aware of that but tried to get less by offering him 4yr/45mill with incentives so a possibility of $50 million (or something like that, just a thing I read in an article)

He's out for 3-6 weeks now instead of just 3 due to his knee contusion so I think it was a wise more seeing he'll play so little for the Hornets this season.

I just don't see him not being in a Hornets jersey under a max contract unless the new owner is crazy.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #5675

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
"I've never heard of Ken Berger in my life. I've had a Hamburger."

Ken Berger is the dude along with Woj who was giving us all the real deal info during the lockout

He was crazy legit... not in this case though lol

Last edited by 23; 01-26-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #5676
L E G E N D

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Berger's pretty solid but that has to be the best reply from a player I've seen. Too bad it wasn't Bucher or Sheridan.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #5677

23's Arena

OVR: 65

They wont even ask a Beucher question

Im still waiting for him to leave his job since kobe is still playing in LA

..and Broussard. HAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #5678
Hall Of Fame

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
Actually, the right question is, could Kevin Durant consider restructuring his contract?
In this week’s mailbag, I answered a question about Durant and the possibility that he would renegotiate his deal to potentially free up a little more room to sign James Harden and Serge Ibaka. Under the old collective bargaining agreement, contract restructuring wasn’t allowed. But in the new one, players can.
It was among the so-called “b-list” issues and basically a player can renegotiate their deal to be paid a smaller amount, but the player’s salary can’t decrease by more than 40 percent.
However, there’s a catch and that’s where KD’s deal comes in. Someone with direct knowledge of the CBA tells me a player on a maximum level contract can’t do it. Because the restructuring has to include an extension and a designated five-year player can’t be extended. For example, a player on a three-year deal could restructure, but would have to get a new four-year deal. And since KD already has a five-year contract, he can’t add any more years to that.
So the conclusion: Even if KD wanted to do it, he couldn’t do it. But would he if he could?

I asked KD about it before the game against the Hornets before I had it all sorted out and for fun, here’s what he said.
“If they came to me, of course I’d look at it. I want to keep everybody together,” he said. “But it seems that everything is going to fall in place perfectly as far as keeping the group together as far as contracts are concerned. But I really haven’t look into it.”
No surprise, but KD would be willing if it was something that was necessary. Or I guess, possible.
But like he said, it might not be. We’ve all broken down the future contract scenarios a number of times and it’s going to be close, but it’s possible the Thunder are fine. And if they’re no, so be it. You move on and try and win with who you’ve got. The fact OKC has Durant and Westbrook locked up and will almost certainly keep Harden is enough to make them a contender for a while.
That’s all to worry about later though. Because this current team is set and ready to compete for a championship as is. Whether in five years the core of the roster looks different or not, the championship window is wide open. Of course the future is something to keep an eye on because sustaining the success is the plan, but the focus is on the now. Worry about the rest when that bridge needs to be crossed.
http://www.dailythunder.com/2012/01/...ct/#more-18534

Quote:
Old 01-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #5679
FSU Wins....Again

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Doesn't surprise me, KD strikes me as a guy who's pretty simple when it comes to his life compared to other star athletes.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #5680
Vier.

TheMatrix31's Arena

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...not-steve-nash

Greatest opinion article ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »