2009 NBA Draft - Page 56 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

2009 NBA Draft

This is a discussion on 2009 NBA Draft within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball

Old 06-22-2009, 12:07 PM   #551
The Kobe Era is over!

Kashanova's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: 2009 NBA Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehova
ready to see Rubio in the Memphis hat thursday night
Knick hat!
Old 06-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #552
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Apparently there's been a couple promises:

Suns at 14: Earl Clark
TWolves at 18: Austin Daye

http://www.thehoopsreport.com/article.aspx?id=283
Old 06-22-2009, 12:52 PM   #553
MVP

OVR: 12

curry will be WAY better than eddie house, all House can do is shoot...he can't put the ball on the floor or create his own shot...Curry can do that then some and can penetrate n pass.....House is wack!
Old 06-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #554
MVP

OVR: 15

That was in college and on most nights against players who wont even see a overseas team.

My Teams
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Minnesota Vikings
NCAA FB: Nebraska Cornhuskers
NCAA BB: North Carolina Tar Heels
Old 06-22-2009, 01:37 PM   #555
Orphan Black

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

If Curry's jumper is off, is he going to be able to contribute in any other way in a NBA game? I'm not so sure. That doesn't scream Lottery pick to me.
I dont get this. Ok nothing against anyone whos buying both or whatever but when I buy a NBA game I want the most accurate and best graphical game possible and by accurate I mean all current players, arenas, equipment. Not some bum from the 80's
Old 06-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #556
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance
That was in college and on most nights against players who wont even see a overseas team.
Indeed.. He was a volume shooter in college. I dont think teams will let him shoot the ball 25+ times like he did in college. He had way way way to many 9-26 or so games ( most against schools that are barely better than some high schools ). His scoring line looks good because if you go 5 - 15 from 3 and 4-11 everywhere else you got 23 points + free throws for around 30 points.

He is no where near the shooter his old man was.. Not by a long shot.

An another note.. Hansbrough had a good workout with the Hawks.

Sekou Smith, AJC: "The reviews were unanimous. On 10-point scale, Tyler Hansbrough's Sunday morning workout for the Hawks at Philips Arena ranks at the very top of anything conducted in the past five days. It wasn't any one thing in particular that had the Hawks' coaches buzzing. It was everything. Hansbrough's energy, effort and obviously better-than-advertised shooting and athleticism caught more than a few folks in attendance by surprise. 'He kicked the meter up. It was off the Richter Scale,' said Hawks assistant coach Larry Drew, who ran the team's workouts all week. 'That was one of those 8.0s, one of those quick, hard earthquakes. Because his energy is at another level. You just don't see many players capable of playing with that type of energy and effort and can sustain it through a game, or even a workout. He plays at a totally different level than some of these young guys out here.' I felt like I needed an ice bath after watching his 90-minute workout. But Hansbrough proved a theory that a wise Eastern Conference executive reiterated to me Sunday night, 'effort is a skill in the NBA.' And Hansbrough has it in reserve."
Old 06-22-2009, 01:46 PM   #557
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
Indeed.. He was a volume shooter in college. I dont think teams will let him shoot the ball 25+ times like he did in college. He had way way way to many 9-26 or so games ( most against schools that are barely better than some high schools ). His scoring line looks good because if you go 5 - 15 from 3 and 4-11 everywhere else you got 23 points + free throws for around 30 points.

He is no where near the shooter his old man was.. Not by a long shot.

An another note.. Hansbrough had a good workout with the Hawks.

Sekou Smith, AJC: "The reviews were unanimous. On 10-point scale, Tyler Hansbrough's Sunday morning workout for the Hawks at Philips Arena ranks at the very top of anything conducted in the past five days. It wasn't any one thing in particular that had the Hawks' coaches buzzing. It was everything. Hansbrough's energy, effort and obviously better-than-advertised shooting and athleticism caught more than a few folks in attendance by surprise. 'He kicked the meter up. It was off the Richter Scale,' said Hawks assistant coach Larry Drew, who ran the team's workouts all week. 'That was one of those 8.0s, one of those quick, hard earthquakes. Because his energy is at another level. You just don't see many players capable of playing with that type of energy and effort and can sustain it through a game, or even a workout. He plays at a totally different level than some of these young guys out here.' I felt like I needed an ice bath after watching his 90-minute workout. But Hansbrough proved a theory that a wise Eastern Conference executive reiterated to me Sunday night, 'effort is a skill in the NBA.' And Hansbrough has it in reserve."
To apologize for Curry a bit, opposing teams could focus their entire defensive scheme on Curry. I don't know how I feel about Curry but the fact that he didn't shoot a good percentage is a bit overhyped. He had virtually nothing around him offensively.. he took a lot of chances on terrible shots. He's not the type of kid to do that on the next level, he's smarter than that.

Get him on a team like CLE and I like it. I think he showed enough last year to prove that he's not just a spot up shooter. He can create a jumpshot off the dribble and also get defenders up in the air or out of position and looks comfortable with driving the seam to the bucket.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #558
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

I think Hansbrough will be a good contributor in a David Lee kind of mold (not as athletic obviously, but great hustle, solid size, and a solid 15 foot jumper). Seems like he's committed to working and that's really what a lot of teams look for first. I've heard nothing but good things coming out of his workouts.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:11 PM   #559
Javi Baez = The Man

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I will renounce my Nets right if we take Hansborough with the 11th.
The thing with Hansbrough is this. He's pretty much a guarentee to be atleast a good role player, and he'll probably be a decent starter for most of his career. He's probably the safest pick in the draft. That's why I have no problem with a team outside the top 10 drafting him. After the top 10, picks become much more risky, but if the Nets take him at 11, they then have the superstar PG in Harris, a very good center in Brook, Vince (for the time being anyway), and Hansbrough. That's not a bad nucleus at all.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #560
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
To apologize for Curry a bit, opposing teams could focus their entire defensive scheme on Curry. I don't know how I feel about Curry but the fact that he didn't shoot a good percentage is a bit overhyped. He had virtually nothing around him offensively.. he took a lot of chances on terrible shots. He's not the type of kid to do that on the next level, he's smarter than that.

Get him on a team like CLE and I like it. I think he showed enough last year to prove that he's not just a spot up shooter. He can create a jumpshot off the dribble and also get defenders up in the air or out of position and looks comfortable with driving the seam to the bucket.
He is a good player.. But instead of jacking up bad shots to pad his stats he should have ran the offense for his TEAM instead of trying to impress ESPN.

I also disagree with you in that I dont think he can create his own shot and he isnt quick enough nor strong enough to take the ball to the hoop. I also question his effort and conditioning.. Far to often did I see him stand in the same place on offense for multiple possessions if things werent going well or if he didnt touch the ball enough.

Not even going to start on his lack of defensive or ballhandling ability ( had a habit of having several turnovers against decent defenders or decent defending teams ).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »