MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online - Page 86 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online

This is a discussion on MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball

Old 03-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #851
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Send a Message via Google Talk to thaSLAB
PS Network: thaSLAB
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantabaseball.nut
Me too. Why do businesses insist on updating perfectly working things? I would have liked a couple of added features, not a makeover that ruins the whole experience (and removes the cool functionality of being able to back out to the days games without leaving the game). Re-install doesn't work. In fact I can't even sign in. When I originally updated I got through to the app and signed in. It crashed after I tried to back out of a game and pressed triangle too quickly. When I rebooted i was welcomed with a black screen and a locked up PS3. When I get time I am going to call up customer service.

You can still do that, btw.

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

Old 03-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #852
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online

Quote:
Originally Posted by masprague
Im on the PS3 and my MLB.tv app updated to 4.0 last night. Since then I only see the logo and a spinning blue circle. after that the I see a black screen and then the PS3 freezes. I cant use my controller or anything. I have to hit the button on the PS3 itself to shut it off.
same here

this is completely BS
Old 03-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #853
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by demz
same here

this is completely BS
Completely agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
You can still do that, btw.

Don't you have to go through the menu system though? Its not a quick press of the O button anymore from what I could tell. Plus the remote functionality took a nose dive as half the buttons that used to work don't anymore (mainly the enter/select button). Though I only got about 5 minutes before it froze and then then got the black screen of death. Planning on writing and doing a video review of the app/service in a few weeks after regular season has been going on for a little while and it gets fixed. I am hoping they get it fixed in the next day or two as I was really disappointed when I couldn't watch baseball this afternoon. Seemed like they got the Spring training bug ironed out pretty quickly so we'll see.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:46 PM   #854
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

No, its the triangle button now. You can scroll thru the schedule, check stats and standings, favorite players, or change settings while your game plays in the background.

Spoiler

YouTube

Old 03-28-2013, 12:18 AM   #855
None like him...

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Im on the PS3 and my MLB.tv app updated to 4.0 last night. Since then I only see the logo and a spinning blue circle. after that the I see a black screen and then the PS3 freezes. I cant use my controller or anything. I have to hit the button on the PS3 itself to shut it off.
Yup...same here. Luckily I actually use my Apple TV to access it, but I wanted to use the PS3 at times too and it no longer works. Wonder what's up.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:25 AM   #856
Rookie

Quote:
No, its the triangle button now. You can scroll thru the schedule, check stats and standings, favorite players, or change settings while your game plays in the background.

Spoiler

Sounds good. Excited for it to work again . Have you noticed any improvements on picture quality?
Old 03-28-2013, 01:56 AM   #857
Rookie

js380's Arena

Icon5 Re: MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online

Quote:
Same here UGH any workarounds to get this working on my PS3 again?
Old 03-28-2013, 02:08 AM   #858
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by js380
Same here UGH any workarounds to get this working on my PS3 again?
Not that i could find and I spent quite a bit of time reinstalling it, power cycling, installing it on the Store instead of the channels section, and skipping the update. The only thing I really didn't try is resetting the whole console but personally I don't think it would make a difference and would be too much a pain. The best thing to do is put it high on MLB's priority list by calling in with the problem. The more people that call the higher the chance that they will fix it quicker.

They seemed very quick to fix the Spring training bug which makes me hopeful. Their site went live that the PS3 could stream Spring training games and only a few people were getting access. About a day or two later I believe they fixed it; seemed to happen in waves though as I got access while others were posting that they still couldn't access.

This has multiple people complaining about how it isn't working. Seems to be a widespread problem. I wonder why thaSLAB is the exception. What model do you own? Curious to see if this only effects a subset of models. I own the newest 250GB Super Slim model from Amazon. Also a bug that is reported on that page and one I found is that the skip to inning didn't work for me the few minutes I played around with it. Does it work for you?

Last edited by atlantabaseball.nut; 03-28-2013 at 02:21 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #859
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

Quote:
Sounds good. Excited for it to work again . Have you noticed any improvements on picture quality?
The picture quality is the same IMO, but I've never had issue with it. That picture I posted is technically not HD, and I think it looks decent.

Quote:

This has multiple people complaining about how it isn't working. Seems to be a widespread problem. I wonder why thaSLAB is the exception. What model do you own? Curious to see if this only effects a subset of models. I own the newest 250GB Super Slim model from Amazon. Also a bug that is reported on that page and one I found is that the skip to inning didn't work for me the few minutes I played around with it. Does it work for you?
It's because I have magic PS3s ... No, I have a launch 60GB fatty, and a 160GB (I think it was originally) Slim. I replaced both HDD with 500GB, 7200RPM Toshiba's. As an aside, I haven't had any issues with any video games either, that people have reported.

I can confirm that skip to inning works too. I didn't read the thread, so I don't know how they are doing it. It will be a small 3 second buffer, then it will jump to the inning you selected.

Edit: I read the blog posts, and the one guy saying 'skip to inning' isn't working is doing it wrong. I'm not home right now, but if I remember correctly, up/down on the d-pad selects the inning and you confirm with X.

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 03-28-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #860
Pro

OVR: 24
PS Network: IanFuego

Quote:
There you go. That's why he's not having any problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »