NBA2k12 will their be NHL2K13 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

NBA2k12 will their be NHL2K13

This is a discussion on NBA2k12 will their be NHL2K13 within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K

Old 10-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
NBA2k12 will their be NHL2K13

I have seen the huge improvements that the 2k series has made in just 1 year with their basketball game. I was hoping that secretly they could be working on the release of a hockey game next year. The levels of presentation combined with the commentating I think they could get a lot of people to jump ship. I am floored at the level of flash + game play ability it would really be interesting and I am sure the EA lawyers would get to work and lock up other PRO Licenses take madden for instances as soon as the competition went away the are very slow at overhauling and adding more improvements like the Basketball has very nice job 2K you should be proud of arguably the best sports game ever produced all time and that is saying something so please give us just and effort in the hockey pleeeeease!

Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 10-05-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
Work hard. No excuses.

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NBA2k12 will their be NHL2K13

"EA Lawyers...", jeez! You have no idea what you are talking about. As for your title, are you asking NBA2K12(as if it was a person), if there will be a hockey game made by the same company? You know the game can't answer you, right???

The mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:06 PM   #3
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm with you on these wishes. HOWEVER, I don't think it's gonna happen. Not next year, the year after or ever for that matter. As soon as 2K stopped making the game for the Wii as well that was the sign that the series was/is DEAD! I think if 2K is gonna release another sports game other than MLB and NBA it will be an NFL title of some sort.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:38 AM   #4
All Star

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
I'm with you on these wishes. HOWEVER, I don't think it's gonna happen. Not next year, the year after or ever for that matter. As soon as 2K stopped making the game for the Wii as well that was the sign that the series was/is DEAD! I think if 2K is gonna release another sports game other than MLB and NBA it will be an NFL title of some sort.
Sad but true. I believe NHL2K is completely dead.
We'll be better off hoping/praying that another 3rd party vendor makes one. Take-Two is out of the hockey business.
So sad when you consider how great of a game 2k3 was and what a good building block 2K10 was.
Heck, the gameplay in 2K11 was pretty good too (if you could stand the horrible last-gen graphics).
Old 10-19-2011, 03:11 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Great thread. Unique.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #6
MVP

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Never was a huge 2k hockey fan, but if they made it anything like nba 2k, i know i'd jump ship almost immediately.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #7
Banned

blues4life74's Arena

OVR: 2

NHL 2K3, NHL Hockey, NHL 2K5, NHL 2K8.... Some GREAT hockey games. Shame they can't give it one more go. I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope for 2K13..
Old 10-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #8
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

The thing is there is no way that NHL 2k13 would even be close to what NBA 2k12 offers. NBA has had a base established for many years in a row. With NHL they have been so off and on. Even the years they were on they didn't make a complete game. There were parts that were done really well, and parts that were done horribly. NBA is an all around solid game. NHL hasn't been close to having an all around solid game for quite a while now. Even if they did get back into the game it just wouldn't be an all around solid game unless they have been working secretly the past couple of years to make a really good game. If that were true it would be awesome.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 10-25-2011, 11:58 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Sad but true. I believe NHL2K is completely dead.
We'll be better off hoping/praying that another 3rd party vendor makes one. Take-Two is out of the hockey business.
So sad when you consider how great of a game 2k3 was and what a good building block 2K10 was.
Heck, the gameplay in 2K11 was pretty good too (if you could stand the horrible last-gen graphics).

Technically, that's supposedly in the works with Icebreaker, from the creators of Backbreaker.

Unless that project's dead, not that I care, as I thought BB was a joke....

Quote from "Arthur"; the original movie, not the crappy Russell Brandt remake.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I'd still like to see a release. BB cameras would have to be shelved. Hockey games need vision and semi-1st person cameras just won't cut it.... at least, not that way they're presently done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »