NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding - Page 34 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

This is a discussion on NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football

Old 01-11-2014, 07:31 PM   #265
Pro

checkwreck's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

I cant get any of this to work I'm good until I open up the Editor and load configuration. It wont let me go any further than that the dynasty save shows up but wont go into the editor any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:51 AM   #266
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkwreck
I cant get any of this to work I'm good until I open up the Editor and load configuration. It wont let me go any further than that the dynasty save shows up but wont go into the editor any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
One step that messed up me was I initially tried to load the USRData file for the configuration. The configuration file should be the Dynasty configuration file that came in the same folder as the editor, or the generic one that PocketScout released. I can't get the configurations that came with the editor to work at all, but the Generic one works.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:21 AM   #267
Rookie

trainerdave's Arena

OVR: 1

It seems that the uniforms are stored on the disk, but with DLC we know that additional uniforms can be added in. Has anyone tried to figure out how that is done, or tried modding the DLC file to add more uniforms to that file? May be a way to add uniforms.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:48 AM   #268
Rookie

For those of ya'll wanting to get rid of all the garbage bowls in this game. I was able to delete a bowl game by going to the bowl games tab and editing the game # to 255 for the bowl you want taken out. It's the same number the game uses for conference championship games when a conference doesn't have enough teams to have a championship game. So it will act like that game was not ever there. I also changed both tie ins to generic and the team rank to 0. Do this for every bowl game you want removed. I took 20+ bowl games out for my 1980's retro dynasty and haven't had any problems.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:25 AM   #269
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Is there any way to just play with dynasty teams in play now mode?
Old 01-13-2014, 10:51 AM   #270
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkandchristy
For those of ya'll wanting to get rid of all the garbage bowls in this game. I was able to delete a bowl game by going to the bowl games tab and editing the game # to 255 for the bowl you want taken out. It's the same number the game uses for conference championship games when a conference doesn't have enough teams to have a championship game. So it will act like that game was not ever there. I also changed both tie ins to generic and the team rank to 0. Do this for every bowl game you want removed. I took 20+ bowl games out for my 1980's retro dynasty and haven't had any problems.
That's awesome! Thanks for the note on this as I was hoping to do that.

Have you tried renaming any of the bowls for this? I know the sound bytes, logos, etc. won't change, but it would be nice to see Peach Bowl or Tangerine Bowl.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:08 PM   #271
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxFan613
That's awesome! Thanks for the note on this as I was hoping to do that.

Have you tried renaming any of the bowls for this? I know the sound bytes, logos, etc. won't change, but it would be nice to see Peach Bowl or Tangerine Bowl.
You absolutely can change any of the bowl names you want. On my retro dynasty I took away all the corporate sponsorship and changed the Chik Fil A bowl to the Peach bowl and the Capitol One Bowl to the Citrus Bowl. Of course it won't change the bowls logo or the commentary.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:07 PM   #272
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkandchristy
You absolutely can change any of the bowl names you want. On my retro dynasty I took away all the corporate sponsorship and changed the Chik Fil A bowl to the Peach bowl and the Capitol One Bowl to the Citrus Bowl. Of course it won't change the bowls logo or the commentary.
Very cool. It's a shame we can't replace logos as that would certainly add to it. I changed the names of my conferences as well, but haven't setup a full dynasty like this.

I know a couple people were trying to bring back the WAC, but I don't know if they ever succeeded. In the mean time, I've replaced the Sun Belt with the WAC, and leave the Sun Belt teams has Independents (usually replacing the FCS team on my schedule with them). Then I plan to bring the Sun Belt in when the WAC collapses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »