Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14) - Page 28 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14) within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football

Old 07-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #271
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

In this years game does offering a scholarship to a recruit give you any points? I know in previous years offering a scholarship would give you a bonus within 100-200 points.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #272
MVP

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
In this years game does offering a scholarship to a recruit give you any points? I know in previous years offering a scholarship would give you a bonus within 100-200 points.
I don't know but It doesn't really matter since all the schools seriously interested in the recruit offer scholarships.. so if it did give points or if it didn't.. all the teams would still be on even ground, I think.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #273
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat55
Steve thanks for the help!....But in the Recruiting (My School Tab) when I select playing style every category reads "D-". How is that possible?.. I am in week 12 and I should have at least some type of ranking out of the 120+ schools in the game.

For ex.( I average over 360 passing yards a game which is first in the country. But in the playing style tendencies area it still say D-)

Do you think it is because I using a Team Builder and not a real team?
This post is a week old. Have you seen any improvement? The reason I ask is because with my ps3 in the shop I've been tinkering with a teambuilder school to use in a dynasty but if there is a glitch I will use a default school.

Thanks.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #274
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Actually, the insta-commit ability says it increases the chances of insta-commits by up to 20%, so I would assume you can still get insta commits, its just a really low chance.
I'd am interested to know if any one has had an Insta-Commit with no points in that skill. The first level says "You gain a +5% chance of an instant commitment, when you offer a scholarship". It's hard to say just from that language if there's already any chance built in for getting one without any points at all.

I see your point- could be a chance there, I just haven't heard of anyone scoring one yet without that skill.

Maybe someone who sims a lot of seasons has had a better chance of seeing one without the skill(?). I've been playing pretty hard (no simming), and I've signed about 60 players so far and haven't had one yet.
39 SEC Championships
~102 dynasty seasons, no simming
Alabama Crimson Tide
Old 07-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #275
MVP

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Here is a few tips I do I havent had a ton of time with recruiting yet so I will update/tweak them as I go on.

1. I take a sheet of paper and give every position on my team a priority either major,mild or low. If the position is low that means I don't need anyone for the 2 deep for 2 years and will only add them to the board if if they have me #1 on the list. I study my depth chart and make sure to change positions in advance to avoid having like 1 SS and 4 FS.

2. My general rule of thumb is dont add them if im not in the top 3. If I only need one TE and the 5* guy is from texas a non pipeline state and the other is a 4* guy that I have a better chance at getting I will go for the less talented guy to save me points.

3. If I have a big lead (700 points r more) then I schedule the visit for a confernce game as soon as possible. I know you get more points for later but If i already have a big lead then my plan is to either get a commit r even a bigger lead and move those points over to someone else.

4. I always add all the high ranked 3* guys that I lead for to my board in preseason and add them scholorships week 1. These are guys that I can usually get away with still leading without spending any points on till mid season.

5. I'm a run first team so I try and sign a HB every year as my HB are always leaving early to go pro. Also recruit players that fit your style of play.

Coming Soon - Saints row 4

Last edited by georgiafan; 07-23-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #276
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Here is a few tips I do I havent had a ton of time with recruiting yet so I will update/tweak them as I go on.

1. I take a sheet of paper and give every position on my team a priority either major,mild or low. If the position is low that means I don't need anyone for the 2 deep for 2 years and will only add them to the board if if they have me #1 on the list. I study my depth chart and make sure to change positions in advance to avoid having like 1 SS and 4 FS.

2. My general rule of thumb is dont add them if im not in the top 3. If I only need one TE and the 5* guy is from texas a non pipeline state and the other is a 4* guy that I have a better chance at getting I will go for the less talented guy to save me points.

3. If I have a big lead (700 points r more) then I schedule the visit for a confernce game as soon as possible. I know you get more points for later but If i already have a big lead then my plan is to either get a commit r even a bigger lead and move those points over to someone else.

4. I always had all the high ranked 3* guys that I lead for to my board in preseason and add them scholorships week 1. These are guys that I can usually get away with still leading without spending any points on till mid season.

5. I'm a run first team so I try and sign a HB every year as my HB are always leaving early to go pro. Also recruit players that fit your style of play.
I'm a run first offense too. What playbook do you use?
Old 07-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #277
MVP

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM2004
I'm a run first offense too. What playbook do you use?
I use a custom playbook with Iform being my main formation I have alot of power stuff with 2 TE. I also formations with twin WR on one side and then run the power/option to the side where the WR aren't. If the def is in man you can get some nice yards that way.

Coming Soon - Saints row 4
Old 07-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #278
Banned

steveANARCHY's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
I use a custom playbook with Iform being my main formation I have alot of power stuff with 2 TE. I also formations with twin WR on one side and then run the power/option to the side where the WR aren't. If the def is in man you can get some nice yards that way.
Georgiafan yeah I loved the I formation in last years game. I'm using a version of Texas' Playbooks, however I was thinking about adding some more I form into my play book. But I really like the pistol it's like the I formation & shotgun formation had a baby $ they named it pistol...lol
Old 07-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #279
Banned

steveANARCHY's Arena

hey SECElit3 you have a twitter? If so add me steveANARCHY I tweet about games, sports, science, comedy, & random bull****
Old 07-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #280
Banned

steveANARCHY's Arena

Quote:

4. I always had all the high ranked 3* guys that I lead for to my board in preseason and add them scholorships week 1. These are guys that I can usually get away with still leading without spending any points on till mid season.

Awesome GeorgiaFan! Ima try some of these tips I'm not doing horrible recruiting but good tips are good tips. I started as a OC at duke went 11-2 offered HC at Tx St took it good state to recruit & they need players Across the board! Yikes! Currently 8-0 with a team that went 1-11 only a lvl 10 so all my points are for recruiting. I out 20 players on my board all are team needs only to weed out busts. I never recruit players that go down in OVR interested or not they don't progress we'll. if a player is ranked higher than another at same position if lower ranked player goes up and higher ranked goes down, except for athletes they can be better than OVR at another position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »