NCAA Football 14 Q&A Thread - Page 37 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

NCAA Football 14 Q&A Thread

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Q&A Thread within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football

Old 07-10-2013, 03:51 AM   #361
lfj
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14 Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfj
never played ncaa, so one question: can you play co op in offline dynasty mode?
anyone? to specify, i just want to play a normal offline dynasty but when my brother or a buddy of mine visits, is it possible for him to play on the same team in the dynasty? normally, i wouldn't even think about this, but since they took it out of madden 13 connected careers (and later added it) i just want to be sure before i buy the game.
thanks in advance
Old 07-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #362
Rookie

wvutskaff's Arena

OVR: 2

Anyone know if the Ultimate teams can only play in NFL stadiums?

I started a Ultimate team with WVU and they are playing in M&T Bank. Anyone seeing similar behavior or do you have to unlock your stadium in time or something?
Old 07-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #363
Rookie

Regarding visits, if you leave the CPU helper on you won't get bumped out of a prospects visit

AKA if all 6 schools cross the barrier that you need to schedule a visit the same week, the CPU will schedule you in for a time
Old 07-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #364
MVP

Bootzilla's Arena

OVR: 12

How do you force impact truck? Are you pressing down (ie the throw the ball away mechanic) or do you move the stick up like before? I've heard both ways and wanted to clarify. I can't tell if I'm doing right either way.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #365
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
Wasn't sure where to ask this so I stuck it here.

When I picked up my copy at Gamestop tonight, they gave me a receipt with a code to use to unlock the SEC Ultimate Team pack. The only problem is, it doesn't work. There isn't enough letters/numbers to make the code complete.

Did anybody else pick up from Gamestop and have this problem?
Never found an answer for you in later posts so sorry if I missed one. Don't do redeem code on your home screen on the xbox 360/ps3. Go to Ultimate Team in NCAA 14 and there should be a redeem code option within the game mode that will allow you to download the code specifically for UT.

Hope that was clear enough.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #366
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvutskaff
Anyone know if the Ultimate teams can only play in NFL stadiums?

I started a Ultimate team with WVU and they are playing in M&T Bank. Anyone seeing similar behavior or do you have to unlock your stadium in time or something?
You get a starting stadium when you open your beginner's pack. You can find other stadiums in packs or can use the auction house to buy a stadium you want to play in. There is no way to just unlock it.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #367
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2
Is there any way to turn off the pre-snap routes and assignments when playing the CPU? On both offense and defense, they come on automatically and only turn off right before the snap (if at all.) I've always liked playing without looking at the pre-snap play diagram (feel like remembering the play after you break huddle is part of football.)

Anyway, if someone knows how to get it off the screen each time I would love to know how.

Thanks.
The option is under advanced controls.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #368
Rookie

PS Network: niles2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by immars
I read some remarks about the game that it is smooth.

My experience today was completely different: button response slow, after every play - unlike NCAA 12 - I would press "x" but it wouldn't skip the replay or stadium shot or whatever and take me to select plays. I repeatedly pressed x and still nothing. Takes always a good 8-10 seconds before going to play selection while it shows me a close up of the player, coach or whatever. Also got stuck a few times when loading. Felt it choppy.

So I ask the expert readers in this forum if anyone has bad this experience today. I feel I should go to bestbuy and return the game for another. Or would be by PS3????? I played ncaa 12 again and it was smooth-er. Basically the experience I was used to.

I appreciate your feedback and advice. Very frustrating to open the game and be excited and have that happen.

As a specific side note, I also noticed that when playing with Miami, I had multiple defenses on. But when I tried to pick a defense, there was no option for the 4-3....which I find it to be either another problem with MY game or a massive oversight.

Thank you again
This same thing happened to me. Anybody have anything to say about it? As I was playing a game between plays it was like I couldn't skip watching the players standing around to bring up the play call screen. It was also very choppy. I seen on the game box that it plays in 1080, so I set my PS3 to that rather than 720, could this be why?

Last edited by niles08; 07-10-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #369
Rookie

In dynasty: every time you go in/and out of a menu such as 'scores/schedule' or 'top 25' to name a couple, there is this horribly searing bright flash that is supposed to serve as some transition graphic.

Problem is: 1. I prefer not to go blind playing this game & 2. That kind of flash can degrade an HD tv.

Has anyone else noticed this? What designer thought that was a good transition to use?? And can this be patched out? It makes navigating the dynasty mode very unpleasant.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #370
It is spelled Ridiculous.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmanaman
Has anyone else noticed this? What designer thought that was a good transition to use?? And can this be patched out? It makes navigating the dynasty mode very unpleasant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niles08
As I was playing a game between plays it was like I couldn't skip watching the players standing around to bring up the play call screen.
I agree with both of these. The inability to by pass certain cut scenes, and the annoying navigation through menus and stats. These don't seem like huge issues, added up over the course of a game really become irritating and drag out the experience.

A related annoyance of mine that has been in the series for years, is when the season is over and I am browsing the stats and scores, I am constantly being prompted to "Advance to the off-season". So annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »