Conference Patches - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Conference Patches

This is a discussion on Conference Patches within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #11
MVP
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,847
Re: Conference Patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Wasn't this something that was added a couple of years back and is already in the game? Or am I mistaken?
No. They made the conference logo on the field change but the one on the uniform stays the same. For me, it's not a big deal for a couple of reasons:

1-These patches are so small that you hardly ever see them while playing.

2-Except for the Big East and the Pac-12, the conference patches are all the same shape so even when you see them you can't really tell the difference unless you pause and zoom in. On top of that, The Big East and Pac-12 used to have that same logo shape on their jerseys so if I move teams to these conferences I just pretend they chose to keep the old-style logo.

mercalnd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 07-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #12
Rookie
 
IronVictory's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Re: Conference Patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
2-Except for the Big East and the Pac-12, the conference patches are all the same shape so even when you see them you can't really tell the difference unless you pause and zoom in.
And the WAC patch. Nevada, Hawaii, and Fresno State having the giant WAC logos on their uniforms last year was annoying when I would move them to the MWC. San Jose State (to the MWC) and LA Tech (to C-USA) will be annoying this year. It's a pretty noticeable patch.
__________________
--Auburn Football--2010 National Champions--
IronVictory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #13
MVP
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,847
Re: Conference Patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronVictory
And the WAC patch. Nevada, Hawaii, and Fresno State having the giant WAC logos on their uniforms last year was annoying when I would move them to the MWC. San Jose State (to the MWC) and LA Tech (to C-USA) will be annoying this year. It's a pretty noticeable patch.
I forgot about the WAC. I actually went on to Team Builder to check some unis before posting, specifically the MWC as they have had a new logo since last year but it seems the jersey patches have stayed the same for that conference.
mercalnd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #14
MVP
 
moylan's Arena
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 3,868
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Conference Patches

I really wish they could make it like field logos that change. Personally if they can't make them dynamic I'd rather them take it off completely especially with custom conferences it really does mess things up, but I don't think everyone would be okay with that sacrifice
moylan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #15
MVP
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,847
Re: Conference Patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I really wish they could make it like field logos that change. Personally if they can't make them dynamic I'd rather them take it off completely especially with custom conferences it really does mess things up, but I don't think everyone would be okay with that sacrifice
Some jerseys don't have them at all in the first place. For those that do,I don't see why people would be mad if the logo disappeared when you move a team to a new conference. It would be better than having a Big East logo on an ACC team's jersey.
mercalnd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 PM.

Top -