Can't import draft classes into Madden 13 - Page 14 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Can't import draft classes into Madden 13

This is a discussion on Can't import draft classes into Madden 13 within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football

Old 06-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #131
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Can't import draft classes into Madden 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbc7828
WOW this will be the first year I dont buy NCAA Football.. Boycott anybody??
Nah. It's Madden's fault. No need to punish NCAA.

They made the right decision to not put CCM in NCAA 13, thus the draft classes aren't compatible with Madden.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #132
Rookie

KingNick865's Arena

OVR: 0

Meh, I wasn't really thinking about purchasing Madden anyways, so this isn't really any sort of deal breaker for me.
NHL: Nashville Predators
Soccer: FC Barcelona
Old 06-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 4

Definately reconsidering whether I purchase Madden this year . . .

Any chance one can create/edit draft classes manually? I hate having almost all fictional players after a few years of dynasty . . . makes it not really worth playing, IMO.

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 07-01-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #134

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike sherman
Why would you want to import into an older version of the game?
At least you get to see your players in the NFL. And it would be for Madden 13 on vita. As it is a port of Madden 12 its not older.

And they have made it clear they don't seem to be focusing in Madden 13 for Vita so I think it may helps sales.

Just my opinion.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 07-01-2012, 05:06 AM   #135
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis420
Draft classes were a mess last year, so let EA do it right for next year.
People of this mindset are really drinking the EA Kool-Aid. Importing players from NCAA to Madden has been around since í99, I think they have time to figure out how to do it right. Last year the draft imports werenít broken; they worked the way they were designed, as far below your expectations as that may be. Stop pretending that the only thing keeping Madden from being a perfect simulation of NFL football was imported draft classes, besides you could always use Madden generated draft classes before if you preferred.

This is simply a dick move by EA and itís always bad business to not take advantage of synergy between products. There is a reason every Apple product works together; they want you to buy them all. You donít take out an established feature because it isnít polished enough. You fix it in development or you fix it in a patch. You donít go chucking the baby out with the bathwater and hoping no one notices and when they do notice promise them a better baby at a later date. Iíd rather have it as is than not at all and removing it and expecting consumers to be okay with it is a slap in the face.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #136
Pro

wiscowilz's Arena

Even if they arent perfect I would still prefer to have real named players in Madden then random, probably wont buy Madden at first and will get it when SI does their promotion where you resubscribe and get Madden free...will have more fun playing NCAA this year I guess.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdl80
People of this mindset are really drinking the EA Kool-Aid. Importing players from NCAA to Madden has been around since í99, I think they have time to figure out how to do it right. Last year the draft imports werenít broken; they worked the way they were designed, as far below your expectations as that may be. Stop pretending that the only thing keeping Madden from being a perfect simulation of NFL football was imported draft classes, besides you could always use Madden generated draft classes before if you preferred.

This is simply a dick move by EA and itís always bad business to not take advantage of synergy between products. There is a reason every Apple product works together; they want you to buy them all. You donít take out an established feature because it isnít polished enough. You fix it in development or you fix it in a patch. You donít go chucking the baby out with the bathwater and hoping no one notices and when they do notice promise them a better baby at a later date. Iíd rather have it as is than not at all and removing it and expecting consumers to be okay with it is a slap in the face.
Could have said it better. Well put my friend.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #138
Rookie

wow that sucks, the only reason i even give madden a chance is to import my draft class, i love seeing the recruits from my ncaa dynasty progress on my madden, i always think madden sucks compared to ncaa but the import draft feature is what even makes me consider buying madden, of course not when madden releases but when its cheap cause its not worth buying that crap, Im ready to cancel my ncaa 13 since theres no import feature, i pray they have it next year, this is the worst news i ever heard seriously

Last edited by glenn16; 07-06-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #139
Rookie

AGG_JD's Arena

OVR: 16

My reaction to first reading this thread was agitation. I was a gamer that loved watching how players converted to the NFL after their college days were over. Especially the ones that made the league from the teams I played with. It's sad to see that ability gone. But then I reminded myself that I wasn't going to purchase Madden anyway after that horrid release last year.

As I continued to read on, there were people who expressed some issues with the importing of players. Very true were the comments of players ratings always being in the 70's once you imported, or the fact they wouldn't work sometimes.

So I've read as much as I could on both NCAA 13 and Madden 13 and come to the conclusion that this helps both franchises. Both franchises have made a great attempt to better their game. Truth be told, maybe I will actually play out an entire coaching career now because I'd usually play 5 seasons so that my created players can graduate and I would try to obtain them on Madden. At that point, I'd simply sim each season after just to get new draft classes. Now I might be able to just focus on my college career and raising a team through the ranks.

As for Madden, they seem to be putting in a great effort to finally make some actual changes to the game other than boxing and selling the same ish every year.

We will see the impact this has starting now!
Old 07-10-2012, 04:52 AM   #140
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdl80
People of this mindset are really drinking the EA Kool-Aid. Importing players from NCAA to Madden has been around since ’99, I think they have time to figure out how to do it right. Last year the draft imports weren’t broken; they worked the way they were designed, as far below your expectations as that may be. Stop pretending that the only thing keeping Madden from being a perfect simulation of NFL football was imported draft classes, besides you could always use Madden generated draft classes before if you preferred.

This is simply a dick move by EA and it’s always bad business to not take advantage of synergy between products. There is a reason every Apple product works together; they want you to buy them all. You don’t take out an established feature because it isn’t polished enough. You fix it in development or you fix it in a patch. You don’t go chucking the baby out with the bathwater and hoping no one notices and when they do notice promise them a better baby at a later date. I’d rather have it as is than not at all and removing it and expecting consumers to be okay with it is a slap in the face.
I can dig it. Especially the bolded.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »