How do you advance to Championship Week? - Operation Sports Forums
Home

How do you advance to Championship Week?

This is a discussion on How do you advance to Championship Week? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2011, 08:22 AM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: May 2003
How do you advance to Championship Week?

I just finished playing week 8 and decided that I'd sim ahead to see what the coaching carousel was like. So, I told it to advance to Championship Week. I walked away and came back and it was sitting on Week 15. I figured no big deal so I hit advance week again. The advance week window popped up and it was doing something then it took me right back to week 15. I tried it again a few times it did the same thing. I then decided to go over to the scores/schedules section and sure enough...none of the games had been played. I then figured I'd just sim all the games individually. I told it to sim game and the next screen that pops up is the game information screen that shows the teams overall/offense/defensive ratings and season stats. I then back out of that screen and it ended up simming the 3rd game on the schedule. I then tried to sim another game and it took me back to the game information screen, but didn't sim any games. I finally just gave up and turned the system off.

Is there a new way to advance to Championship Week this year that I'm missing or is this just another bug?

rollinphat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 07-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Re: How do you advance to Championship Week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
I just finished playing week 8 and decided that I'd sim ahead to see what the coaching carousel was like. So, I told it to advance to Championship Week. I walked away and came back and it was sitting on Week 15. I figured no big deal so I hit advance week again. The advance week window popped up and it was doing something then it took me right back to week 15. I tried it again a few times it did the same thing. I then decided to go over to the scores/schedules section and sure enough...none of the games had been played. I then figured I'd just sim all the games individually. I told it to sim game and the next screen that pops up is the game information screen that shows the teams overall/offense/defensive ratings and season stats. I then back out of that screen and it ended up simming the 3rd game on the schedule. I then tried to sim another game and it took me back to the game information screen, but didn't sim any games. I finally just gave up and turned the system off.

Is there a new way to advance to Championship Week this year that I'm missing or is this just another bug?
The sim engine is broken. I and several people here apparently are stuck in week 15 on the offline dynasty. I am trying to manually play the rest of the schedule to see if it will let me advance. Very disappointed in this.
VaderS1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #3
Rookie
 
MisterRowland's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kentucky
Re: How do you advance to Championship Week?

I've been having the same issue. I went in to each game and used supersim. I was hoping that after the last game completed it would advance the week but I'm still stuck in week 15.
MisterRowland is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
All Star
 
dochalladay32's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Missohiodelaiowa
Re: How do you advance to Championship Week?

I've gone through about 5 or 6 different dynasties and maybe a dozen seasons testing my historical stuff. I've always gotten by championship week. You guys making like 6 superconferences?
__________________
NCAA 12 Historical Conferences: 1937-present
PM me with any comments, suggestions, or questions you may have. There is definite room for other versions with as many teams have come and gone in FBS.
NOTE: Link will change periodically for major updates so be careful when bookmarking.
dochalladay32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: May 2003
Re: How do you advance to Championship Week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
I've gone through about 5 or 6 different dynasties and maybe a dozen seasons testing my historical stuff. I've always gotten by championship week. You guys making like 6 superconferences?
I didn't use any custom conferences at all and I'm not using a teambuilder team.

I did, however, press the button to "create a random schedule" back in the preseason menu. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?

I mean...the game is literally stuck in Week 15. You can't advance forward or sim any games or do anything, but look at stats and standings. It's 100% broken at the moment. I'm at work now, but when I get a chance later tonight I'll boot it back up and try again. Luckily I turned auto save off when I tried to sim ahead, so my save file is still in week 8.
rollinphat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
All Star
 
dochalladay32's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Missohiodelaiowa
Re: How do you advance to Championship Week?

I've done random schedules several times as well. Added teambuilders, not used teambuilder teams. No idea what is causing it then. This year, it seems some people are plagued, and others like myself have no issues. My game has frozen once on the first day and that was it. I don't get bad schedules with custom conferences. Anything like that.
__________________
NCAA 12 Historical Conferences: 1937-present
PM me with any comments, suggestions, or questions you may have. There is definite room for other versions with as many teams have come and gone in FBS.
NOTE: Link will change periodically for major updates so be careful when bookmarking.
dochalladay32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #7
Rookie
 
MisterRowland's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kentucky
The only thing I adjusted on my dynasty was I did a custom schedule for my team.
MisterRowland is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2011
Re: How do you advance to Championship Week?

what causing the game to freeze up is the scheduling along with messing conference rules.

It happen to me if you change anything make sure your not playing on week 15 which should be a bowl game. Your last game should be week 14 always.

Before you start your season sim through it but don't save just to see if will let you past week 15. If it doesn't you can start over with out worrying about losing the time you invested.

Its kool to change the schedule and conference but u need to make sure all the games line up before week 15. also sometimes it schedules you games that isn't there also.
Raw Energy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:03 PM   #9
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: May 2003
Re: How do you advance to Championship Week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Energy
what causing the game to freeze up is the scheduling along with messing conference rules.

It happen to me if you change anything make sure your not playing on week 15 which should be a bowl game. Your last game should be week 14 always.

Before you start your season sim through it but don't save just to see if will let you past week 15. If it doesn't you can start over with out worrying about losing the time you invested.

Its kool to change the schedule and conference but u need to make sure all the games line up before week 15. also sometimes it schedules you games that isn't there also.
are you saying no games should be played on week 15 or only no USER games, because my last game was on week 14.

how would i even know if the cpu had games scheduled on week 15?

so, basically what your telling me is that I've wasted time playing these 8 weeks and I've got to start completely over because it'll never let me get past week 15, but before i start over I have to sim through the season to make sure it'll let me get through the season? LOL
rollinphat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #10
All Star
 
dochalladay32's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Missohiodelaiowa
Re: How do you advance to Championship Week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
are you saying no games should be played on week 15 or only no USER games, because my last game was on week 14.

how would i even know if the cpu had games scheduled on week 15?

so, basically what your telling me is that I've wasted time playing these 8 weeks and I've got to start completely over because it'll never let me get past week 15, but before i start over I have to sim through the season to make sure it'll let me get through the season? LOL
Week 15 is normal. I've talked with the guy who did a ton of work on the scheduling in the game. Week 15 is completely normal. I've had several games scheduled then; 0 issues. There is no one thing that you can do to cause it happen because like I said, I've done tons of things to dynasty to test my historical setups, abosolutely NO issues.

Some people have managed to get by week 15; some haven't. Simple as that.
__________________
NCAA 12 Historical Conferences: 1937-present
PM me with any comments, suggestions, or questions you may have. There is definite room for other versions with as many teams have come and gone in FBS.
NOTE: Link will change periodically for major updates so be careful when bookmarking.
dochalladay32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.

Top -