NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders - Page 237 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders

Old 07-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #1889
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Has anyone noticed a drop in frame rate in their games as of late. In my past few games the animation has been getting real choppy.......
Old 07-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #1890
Let's Go Pens...

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
So what we're saying here is this: the only value these sliders have is if I lower ALL my Offensive Linemen's run block ratings down to 55, making EACH of them the same type of run blocker, creating a bland/vanilla approach for my team?

Just want to make sure I understand this...

(And I've also read where guys are doing to this their tight ends and full backs as well)?

Thanks for any clarification...
i havent edited anything attribute wise for my OL/TE/FB etc. these sliders work perfect for me as is. probably bc i really suck at the game, but hey im enjoying it. LOL

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Old 07-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #1891
All Star

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
i havent edited anything attribute wise for my OL/TE/FB etc. these sliders work perfect for me as is. probably bc i really suck at the game, but hey im enjoying it. LOL
Honestly the games I have been playing not controlling my team have been quite the balance of running. No outrageous runs in the first quarter, and if yards are exceptionally high - they are because of long touchdown runs of 30-70 yards. (who says 95 thresh there is no breakaway?).

Now, I'm currently in a Bye week with my UTC Mocs - so haven't played a game since my OL got a significant upgrade in progression. I also did not use 55 RBK edits.

In addition to the sliders; I'm also using jct32's way of Ask Coach only - not sure if this is legit or not, but I've seen Jc play and he's a much better runner than I am - and the guy has to really fight for yards at times with the setup.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #1892
Let's Go Pens...

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Honestly the games I have been playing not controlling my team have been quite the balance of running. No outrageous runs in the first quarter, and if yards are exceptionally high - they are because of long touchdown runs of 30-70 yards. (who says 95 thresh there is no breakaway?).

Now, I'm currently in a Bye week with my UTC Mocs - so haven't played a game since my OL got a significant upgrade in progression. I also did not use 55 RBK edits.

In addition to the sliders; I'm also using jct32's way of Ask Coach only - not sure if this is legit or not, but I've seen Jc play and he's a much better runner than I am - and the guy has to really fight for yards at times with the setup.
yeah, i have had people question the 95 thresh and they havent even played a game. i have no issues getting long runs at times. they happen bc of a great block or two and boom down the field i go. those are few and far between for me, but my RB speed and acc isn't the greatest.

i also use the ask coach feature. always have! thats why i edit my playbook for whatever team im using. i take out a ton of dive plays, smash etc. i leave a few though. i take out every single 4 vert plays. i leave the "verticals" and one play action vert in the playbook but thats it. this helps the ask coach feature to give you more options as plays. prior, its like they just put up 4 verts and hb dives/smashes all the time.

the other issue in general with ask coach is that teams have like 375 plays in default playbooks. i understand teams have a huge playbook, but on game days they have it broken down and have an idea of what will be run during the game. im currently (slowly) working on a basic playbook for me to use with only around 80 plays. will be a a dumb down multiple offense type playbook.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Old 07-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #1893
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsett33
Has anyone noticed a drop in frame rate in their games as of late. In my past few games the animation has been getting real choppy.......
I just wrote about this in the glitch thread...

I hit L2 / L3 UP to trigger "Pass Commit" and from that point forward, the game was universally / unplayable due to choppy / jaggy / slow mo...

I tried shutting off the controller / changing speeds / in and out of the pause menu / halftime / everything...

Wouldn't go away...

I was in Offline Dynasty / Custom D Books for both teams / Custom O Book for HUM / Custom Roster...

Who knows what the "culprit" is, but I won't be using Pass Commit anymore!

It will be interesting to see what (if anything) the upcoming patch may do...

Lot of potential here, but even more rife with glitches, prob due to layered code and them messing with the option and introducing split level play...

Seems that whenever they try and implement anything new at this late date in the series, some unintended consequences of layered code bork something that USED to work...

UGH
Old 07-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #1894
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
yeah, i have had people question the 95 thresh and they havent even played a game. i have no issues getting long runs at times. they happen bc of a great block or two and boom down the field i go. those are few and far between for me, but my RB speed and acc isn't the greatest.

i also use the ask coach feature. always have! thats why i edit my playbook for whatever team im using. i take out a ton of dive plays, smash etc. i leave a few though. i take out every single 4 vert plays. i leave the "verticals" and one play action vert in the playbook but thats it. this helps the ask coach feature to give you more options as plays. prior, its like they just put up 4 verts and hb dives/smashes all the time.

the other issue in general with ask coach is that teams have like 375 plays in default playbooks. i understand teams have a huge playbook, but on game days they have it broken down and have an idea of what will be run during the game. im currently (slowly) working on a basic playbook for me to use with only around 80 plays. will be a a dumb down multiple offense type playbook.
Yea how come ask coach only uses a fraction of the plays in a PB
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-30-2013, 11:03 AM   #1895
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
I get a TON of long runs on 95 threshold. No issues at all.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #1896
MVP

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
I have also gotten long runs as well as been burnt on long runs.

I did RBK at 55 because I am a run first guy and I was getting 10 yards on dive plays against superior defenses. Game is playing great now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »