Official NCAA 2014 OS Community Rosters (PS3) READ FIRST PAGE FOR UPDATES - Page 72 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Official NCAA 2014 OS Community Rosters (PS3) READ FIRST PAGE FOR UPDATES

This is a discussion on Official NCAA 2014 OS Community Rosters (PS3) READ FIRST PAGE FOR UPDATES within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #711
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Official NCAA 2014 OS Community Rosters (PS3) READ FIRST PAGE FOR UPDATES

Quote:
Originally Posted by huge87
Also ea had mich frosh rb Derrick green 2 pts higher than UF frosh rb kelvin Taylor in my personal opinion I think they are about even in terms of overall. I have seen sites with kelvin ahead of green and vice versa. Hard to say one is better than the other IMO
Derrick Green: 5-star, #1 RB, #8 player in the nation according to Rivals/5-star, #1 RB according to Scout/4-star, #5 RB, #38 player in the nation according to ESPN/4-star, 95 rating #8 RB, #84 player in the nation according to 24/7.

Kelvin Taylor: 4-star, #6 RB, #38 player in the nation according to Rivals/4-star #8 RB according to Scout/5-star, #1 RB, #8 player in the nation according to ESPN/5-star, 98 rating, #2 RB, #19 player in the nation according to 24/7.

24/7 Composite Ranking

Green: 5-star, .9867

Taylor: 5-star, .9896

Green: 6'0" 220 lbs, 4.4 40-yard dash

Taylor: 5'11" 216 lbs, 4.6 40-yard dash

I know the 40-yards dashes reported by recruiting services are rarely official, but still.

You're right, it's pretty close. The two top recruiting services (Rivals and Scout) have Green ranked higher, while the two also-rans (ESPN and 24/7) have Taylor ranked higher.

If you're basing it off of the recruiting services, then Green is the better prospect. Green is second on the depth chart at Michigan behind Fitz Toussaint and could pass him by mid-season. Taylor, I believe, is third on the depth chart at Florida, though I do imagine that could change over the course of the season.

MLB: Chicago White Sox

NBA: Chicago Bulls

NCAA: Michigan Wolverines, Purdue Boilermakers

Last edited by BullsFan91; 07-11-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #712
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is it that Texas Tech has no fight songs? It's happened before on other releases too.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #713
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aevans0913
Sorry guys I know this is off topic but I thought one of you might be knowledgeable enough to help, does EA have a bug report site or forum? I have had some problems and cannot find a place to share those issues with EA. MLB the Show has a great site to report any bugs to and I cant find anything like it from EA searching on my own.
You can post in either the OS NCAA Football 14 Bugs and Glitch Thread or on EA's forums
Old 07-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #714
Banned

huge87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsFan91
Derrick Green: 5-star, #1 RB, #8 player in the nation according to Rivals/5-star, #1 RB according to Scout/4-star, #5 RB, #38 player in the nation according to ESPN/4-star, 95 rating #8 RB, #84 player in the nation according to 24/7.

Kelvin Taylor: 4-star, #6 RB, #38 player in the nation according to Rivals/4-star #8 RB according to Scout/5-star, #1 RB, #8 player in the nation according to ESPN/5-star, 98 rating, #2 RB, #19 player in the nation according to 24/7.

24/7 Composite Ranking

Green: 5-star, .9867

Taylor: 5-star, .9896

Green: 6'0" 220 lbs, 4.4 40-yard dash

Taylor: 5'11" 216 lbs, 4.6 40-yard dash

I know the 40-yards dashes reported by recruiting services are rarely official, but still.

You're right, it's pretty close. The two top recruiting services (Rivals and Scout) have Green ranked higher, while the two also-rans (ESPN and 24/7) have Taylor ranked higher.

If you're basing it off of the recruiting services, then Green is the better prospect. Green is second on the depth chart at Michigan behind Fitz Toussaint and could pass him by mid-season. Taylor, I believe, is third on the depth chart at Florida, though I do imagine that could change over the course of the season.
I can't wait to see both these players unleashed. Big Blue is my #2 team I live just over the border in Canada.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #715
Bosa is a BEAST

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide51
Yes but that was one game and he probably will be a high 90s qb after having a whole offseason at the top prgram in the nation. he is one of the top 3 qbs in the nation just because he doesn't put up the big stats like some of the qbs out there is becuase of the style of offense alabama runs he Is very efficient and and has some of the best tangibles of any qb besides the fact that they are a running team.. but anyways im not talking about overalls im just strictly talking about the players speed
Sorry, but being a good QB is about more than your scheme and your teammates. McCarron is a fine college QB, but he's not anywhere close to as talented as guys like Andrew Luck, Tim Tebow (you heard me), Sam Bradford, or even Dennis Dixon were. See how I chose 4 guys who played in different systems. So you can't play the "Alabama's offense is too efficient" BS with me.
No, being a top QB is about actually having a talent for the position. McCarron's talent is that he doesn't screw up. He's a glorified Ken Dorsey or Matt Leinart. Yes, they won big and got strong ratings in NCAA games of old, but they're not going down as all-time greats like you think McCarron is. He is no different from them. And don't play the "NFL 1st round pick card" with me, either. Matt Leinart was a first round pick. Case closed. McCarron doesn't have the accuracy, anticipation, or power to be a QB worthy of a 97 overall rating. And he doesn't run well enough to make up for those deficiencies. Guys like Sam Bradford, Andrew Luck, Tim Tebow (during his soph-Jr seasons), RG3, and Cam Newton deserved high-90s ratings. Not many other guys did.

There is simply no excuse for making A.J. McCarron a 97 OVR when he has had the best set of RBs and OL throughout his whole career. Every guy he's played with has been a future pro. He's had Trent Richardson, Eddie Lacy, T.J. Yeldon, Chance Warmack, Barrett Jones, Cyrus Kouandijo (sic?), et al running or blocking for him. His receivers don't matter at that point. I'm not even going to bring up how his defense makes the game so utterly easy for Alabama's offense....
Guys like Braxton Miller, Johnny Manziel, Marcus Mariota, David Fales, and Aaron Murray ought to be rated higher.

Your argument about team speed has some merit, I do agree. But baseless AJ McCarron whining rubs me the wrong way. As an aside, what are a QB's "tangibles?" Did you mean "intangibles" or were you referring to his size, speed, and arm talent...none of which merit a 97 rating in any way, shape, or form.

Alabama fans are getting to be as bad as Miami fans were almost a decade ago.....

To the editors of the Alabama team- I say leave McCarron alone. If you do alter him, bring him down a few pegs. Alabama is highly doubtful to have the best offense in the country this year.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #716
Pro

OVR: 8

Wow, the kid's a winner. That's all he has ever done. He makes the throws threading the needle. If you don't know that, you don't watch many Alabama games. Tebow had absolutely nothing compared to AJ. Luck and Bradford I grant you were better...However, Dixon and Tebow...not a chance. Take your butt hurt eye SEC hate eye glasses off and look doe the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem
Sorry, but being a good QB is about more than your scheme and your teammates. McCarron is a fine college QB, but he's not anywhere close to as talented as guys like Andrew Luck, Tim Tebow (you heard me), Sam Bradford, or even Dennis Dixon were. See how I chose 4 guys who played in different systems. So you can't play the "Alabama's offense is too efficient" BS with me.
No, being a top QB is about actually having a talent for the position. McCarron's talent is that he doesn't screw up. He's a glorified Ken Dorsey or Matt Leinart. Yes, they won big and got strong ratings in NCAA games of old, but they're not going down as all-time greats like you think McCarron is. He is no different from them. And don't play the "NFL 1st round pick card" with me, either. Matt Leinart was a first round pick. Case closed. McCarron doesn't have the accuracy, anticipation, or power to be a QB worthy of a 97 overall rating. And he doesn't run well enough to make up for those deficiencies. Guys like Sam Bradford, Andrew Luck, Tim Tebow (during his soph-Jr seasons), RG3, and Cam Newton deserved high-90s ratings. Not many other guys did.

There is simply no excuse for making A.J. McCarron a 97 OVR when he has had the best set of RBs and OL throughout his whole career. Every guy he's played with has been a future pro. He's had Trent Richardson, Eddie Lacy, T.J. Yeldon, Chance Warmack, Barrett Jones, Cyrus Kouandijo (sic?), et al running or blocking for him. His receivers don't matter at that point. I'm not even going to bring up how his defense makes the game so utterly easy for Alabama's offense....
Guys like Braxton Miller, Johnny Manziel, Marcus Mariota, David Fales, and Aaron Murray ought to be rated higher.

Your argument about team speed has some merit, I do agree. But baseless AJ McCarron whining rubs me the wrong way. As an aside, what are a QB's "tangibles?" Did you mean "intangibles" or were you referring to his size, speed, and arm talent...none of which merit a 97 rating in any way, shape, or form.

Alabama fans are getting to be as bad as Miami fans were almost a decade ago.....

To the editors of the Alabama team- I say leave McCarron alone. If you do alter him, bring him down a few pegs. Alabama is highly doubtful to have the best offense in the country this year.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #717
Rookie

pudgee691's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmanH7
Who do you have replacing Ernest Suttles and Thomas Brown of Nebraska?
I believe one is drake Martinez. I did them myself I will inform you of the other one shortly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #718
Rookie

pudgee691's Arena

OVR: 5
What you are seeing with Alabama. Is what you would of seen on Nebraska in the 90s if there were the NCAA game.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #719
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem

I know what your saying but I never said he was the best or did I say that he should be a 97 or anything I do thank he is deserving of an overall above a 95 however. And you say he doesnt have accuracy or arm strength but just go back and look at the last few games of the season he was really coming along and thats why I said he has some of the better "intangibles" of any qb in the nation because I know that this offseason thats what he has been working on and he doesn't have to have speed to make it in the ncaa or nfl level.. and your list of qbs that should be rated higher or equal to that i think should be is murray and manziel but all the others are just are just running qbs and besides they dont play in the sec week in and week out.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #720
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnowman8
Wow, the kid's a winner. That's all he has ever done. He makes the throws threading the needle. If you don't know that, you don't watch many Alabama games. Tebow had absolutely nothing compared to AJ. Luck and Bradford I grant you were better...However, Dixon and Tebow...not a chance. Take your butt hurt eye SEC hate eye glasses off and look doe the truth.
Atleast someone has some sense on here lol!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »