NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1) - Page 8 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #71
Staff Writer
 
jyoung's Arena
 
OVR: 38
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,418
Blog Entries: 49
Re: NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

Richard Grisham gave NBA Live 14 a 2.5 out of 5 ("Mediocre") in his review:

http://www.gamesradar.com/nba-live-14-review/

He, Pasta Padre and a few other guys also had an hour-and-a-half discussion on NBA Live 14 that went up the same day the game hit stores:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx-eIpyX73k
jyoung is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #72
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Re: NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
That graphic was misleading then. I thought it was 100% operation sports. Pays to read fine print I guess. I wonder what that games rader dude thinks now? Does he still like the game as much as he did a few weeks ago?

EDIT: I found his review. Review makes no sense. Seems to talk it up in his review, yet he gave it 2/12 out of 5.

http://www.gamesradar.com/nba-live-14-review/
he pretty much says what ive thought about it. the game does a lot right and has potential but it has a long way to go.
El_Poopador is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #73
MVP
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
he pretty much says what ive thought about it. the game does a lot right and has potential but it has a long way to go.
yet, same dude says 3 weeks earlier "day1 purchase" you don't see a problem with that statement?
GisherJohn24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #74
5th best....
 
bigeastbumrush's Arena
 
OVR: 37
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,864
Re: NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Richard Grisham gave NBA Live 14 a 2.5 out of 5 ("Mediocre") in his review:

http://www.gamesradar.com/nba-live-14-review/


So wait. When he had the podcast where he was playing the game and he was with the Live Devs, he said none of this. And he sounded very pleased with what he was playing.

The game couldn't have changed since then and now.

This is why I'm sick and tired of people just sheepishly playing Yes men and smiling in these guys faces just like the Bleacher Report reviewer.

If the game looks and plays like trash, TELL THEM. No one was allowed to see the game except for a select few and those who did were just happy for the ride.

You actually do them and the community a disservice by not saying anything or acting like it's all good.

Then when the game drops, you give it a low score?

What part of the game is that?
bigeastbumrush is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #75
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Re: NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush


So wait. When he had the podcast where he was playing the game and he was with the Live Devs, he said none of this. And he sounded very pleased with what he was playing.

The game couldn't have changed since then and now.

This is why I'm sick and tired of people just sheepishly playing Yes men and smiling in these guys faces just like the Bleacher Report reviewer.

If the game looks and plays like trash, TELL THEM. No one was allowed to see the game except for a select few and those who did were just happy for the ride.

You actually do them and the community a disservice by not saying anything or acting like it's all good.

Then when the game drops, you give it a low score?

What part of the game is that?
did you listen to the same podcast as me? throughout the whole thing he said there are a ton of rough edges but theres something there. lets also remember that that was a single time playing the game and the review was based on more time playing the game.
El_Poopador is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #76
MVP
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Oct 2010
Re: NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
That graphic was misleading then. I thought it was 100% operation sports. Pays to read fine print I guess. I wonder what that games rader dude thinks now? Does he still like the game as much as he did a few weeks ago?

EDIT: I found his review. Review makes no sense, he talked about it's problems, but it didn't seem like a 2 out of 5 review. Either way, someone explain to me how a "day1 purchase = a 2 out of 5"
http://www.gamesradar.com/nba-live-14-review/
EA marketing misleading? No way!!
Sundown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #77
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Re: NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
EA marketing misleading? No way!!
how was it misleading?
El_Poopador is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #78
MVP
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush


So wait. When he had the podcast where he was playing the game and he was with the Live Devs, he said none of this. And he sounded very pleased with what he was playing.

The game couldn't have changed since then and now.

This is why I'm sick and tired of people just sheepishly playing Yes men and smiling in these guys faces just like the Bleacher Report reviewer.

If the game looks and plays like trash, TELL THEM. No one was allowed to see the game except for a select few and those who did were just happy for the ride.

You actually do them and the community a disservice by not saying anything or acting like it's all good.

Then when the game drops, you give it a low score?

What part of the game is that?

Yep. I fell for the podcast too. I should have put up the red flag when i was "ONLY AUDIO". The enitire 90 minutes was nothing but compliments to the game. Nothing negative. Now he reviews it for real and gives it a 2 out of 5. Arrgh. It's a learning experience. But I feel completely cheated out of 60 bucks.
GisherJohn24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #79
MVP
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
did you listen to the same podcast as me? throughout the whole thing he said there are a ton of rough edges but theres something there. lets also remember that that was a single time playing the game and the review was based on more time playing the game.
You said "lots of rough edges?" That's not the podcast I heard. He praised for the most part.
GisherJohn24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #80
MVP
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida- Home of the Champs
Re: NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush


So wait. When he had the podcast where he was playing the game and he was with the Live Devs, he said none of this. And he sounded very pleased with what he was playing.

The game couldn't have changed since then and now.

This is why I'm sick and tired of people just sheepishly playing Yes men and smiling in these guys faces just like the Bleacher Report reviewer.

If the game looks and plays like trash, TELL THEM. No one was allowed to see the game except for a select few and those who did were just happy for the ride.

You actually do them and the community a disservice by not saying anything or acting like it's all good.

Then when the game drops, you give it a low score?

What part of the game is that?
I disagree. The podcast was very vague and he asked questions that the community had for the developers. It was not an impressions article or podcast. The podcast was meant to promote the game.

There's nothing wrong with that. If someone buys the game, then its on them, cause the writing was all the wall.

There are numerous games, where companies build better preview builds than the actual builds just to get a good write up. at least they showed what they really had. Not to mention, the devs know how to hide their weakness. I mean, everyone seen how OG plays, when it plays, it mimic sim cause he knows how to hide the more obvious weaknesses
__________________
#dairyfree
yungflo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.

Top -