NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips - Operation Sports Forums
Home

NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips

This is a discussion on NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2013
NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips

Hi all,

just wanted to kick off a "bigmen tips and tricks" thread with all kinds of tips for bigmen in 2k14.

First up:

All stat caps for all bigmen types in xlsx and xls format. Made by me (apriliand 1975) on PC.
Done by playing, not by datamining, so small errors possible, but 99% accurate.


http://jmp.sh/b/LCfvEIfrgZe1PWEBRCAw

How to use:
- "A" is the starting stat for that specific type of bigman (e.g. Athletic PF) for that specific attribute (e.g. Close shot)
- "B" is the cap for that attribute, for that type of bigman.
- "C" is the amount of skill points (or VC) needed to reach 80 in that attribute. If cap is below 80 then SP needed to reach that cap. If stat starts at or above 80 then this number reads 0 (zero)
- "D" is the amount of skill points (or VC) needed to cap that stat (if cap is below or at 80, then this number is same as "C")

- "Averages": just two indicating numbers that show your starting average skill level and your capped skill level/possible max. NOTE that it is NOT THE SAME as in-game averages, because e.g. a "63 overall" athletic PF's stat average is about 53 actually.

- "TOTAL to 80" and "TOTAL to cap": total skill points to increase all stats to 80 and to cap. Rules mentioned at "C" and "D" (see above) still apply.


It took me days to do this spreadsheet, so feel free to use and share it but do give me a shoutout if you do:
http://www.youtube.com/user/apriliand1975


PS: please do not derail this thread, just keep it for bigmen tips and tricks!
PPS: no I will not do the same for PGs etc.

apriliand is offline  
Reply With Quote
Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 10-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2013
Re: NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips

PPS: all testing done with 7'00" players, 250 pounds. However, I did have a 6'8" athletic center as well, and all stats seem to have been the same.

Meaning (tip 1): height does not have an effect on stats and stat caps.
apriliand is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2012
Re: NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips

Looks of it athletic is the best route, because it gives you better speed and quickness and the extra 2 points attributes the other provide is not all that
NickYoungGoat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2013
Re: NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickYoungGoat
Looks of it athletic is the best route, because it gives you better speed and quickness and the extra 2 points attributes the other provide is not all that
Agreed, although faceup and back to basket gave me very nice results in the testing. In fact with faceup I got drafted 5th (Phoenix), but got interviewed by Wizards (3rd). Finished with 20+ points - so if you want the easier road then faceup definitely works.
apriliand is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
Pro
 
jaateloauto's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Re: NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips

Looking at these stats, seems rather likely that even though I strictly want to play big man online it's better for me to make a 6'11" SF swingman because the caps on things like on-ball defense, jump shots, layups, steals, vertical, speed, quickness will be considerably higher. I can still make him about just as good inside, he'll just be a ton faster and better perimeter defender.

2K really needs to have an overhaul on the limitations they put on players. I'd rather have a different character for online and offline, and I don't want the cap for players to be 99 overall.
__________________
youtube.com/FinneLite
jaateloauto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #6
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Nov 2012
Re: NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
Looking at these stats, seems rather likely that even though I strictly want to play big man online it's better for me to make a 6'11" SF swingman because the caps on things like on-ball defense, jump shots, layups, steals, vertical, speed, quickness will be considerably higher. I can still make him about just as good inside, he'll just be a ton faster and better perimeter defender.

2K really needs to have an overhaul on the limitations they put on players. I'd rather have a different character for online and offline, and I don't want the cap for players to be 99 overall.
6''11 SF? with no weakness... that sounds cheese
__________________
MotherF***er Never Loved US!!!! Remember?

Click here to watch something funny (2K14)
arimamba is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
Pro
 
jaateloauto's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Re: NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by arimamba
6''11 SF? with no weakness... that sounds cheese
Probably going to only play until next-gen comes out. Given I don't glitch for VC or buy it and what I earn I plan to mostly spend on MyTeam I bet I won't even crack 80 overall. But you can bet this build will be popular for guys who play big man in crews.

From what I hear low post play is pretty unusable in crews anyway because there is no penalty for spamming steal button non-stop.
__________________
youtube.com/FinneLite

Last edited by jaateloauto; 10-05-2013 at 03:26 PM.
jaateloauto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #8
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Nov 2012
Re: NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
Probably going to only play until next-gen comes out. Given I don't glitch for VC or buy it and what I earn I plan to mostly spend on MyTeam I bet I won't even crack 80 overall. But you can bet this build will be popular for guys who play big man in crews.

From what I hear low post play is pretty unusable in crews anyway because there is no penalty for spamming steal button non-stop.
oh yeah man i hear you... i play on pc and i know for sure unless i SP hack i wont get beyond 70 ovr
__________________
MotherF***er Never Loved US!!!! Remember?

Click here to watch something funny (2K14)
arimamba is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #9
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2012
Re: NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips

Yea gonna push my 94 overall PF to the side but thanks to farming vc no money was spent.Gonna make a tall SF so I have better stats and just make him taller, seems like the go to move on crew mode

Last edited by NickYoungGoat; 10-05-2013 at 08:57 PM.
NickYoungGoat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #10
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2012
Re: NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips

Tagging for later viewing but this seems right up my alley as I almost exclusively use bigs, thanks for compiling this.
zniv is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.

Top -