NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going? - Page 15 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen

Old 12-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #113
MVP

Franchise408's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going?

Just got NBA 2K14, and just started my Association using my Orlando Magic. Hoping I can find a way to rebuild them and get them back to the post-season.

First game is in the books. I signed Richard Hamilton and Marcus Camby for some experience off the bench, but I'm starting the season with the roster as is otherwise.

Opened the season in Indiana, losing to the Pacers 103-86. That said, the game was actually a lot closer than the score indicated, and up to about halfway through the 4th quarter, I was within range of taking the lead, but I just couldn't get the buckets to drop when I needed them to and Indiana closed the game out on a huge run.

That aside, Jameer Nelson came out of the game with 27 points, off of 8-15 3 point shooting.

I got a long ways to go before I make any sort of series noise tho.
C. Kaepernick: 19-26, 271 yds, TD, INT | D. McFadden: 27 car. 132 yds, 2 TD | A. Grayson: 6 rec. 82 yds.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:19 AM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon6 Re: NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going?

Hey Franchise you might wanna consider letting that team absolutely stink for a season....they're really gonna end up being pretty bad this year in real life too...get the top 5 pick they want, maybe morph Oladipo into a PG a la Westbrook (similar styles of play)? i think i'd flip baby davis + j. nelson for expirings/picks/prospect but I'd keep Aflallo (tearin it up this year + dece. contract) and continue to develop Vucevic. See what positives you can take from a bad season in 2014...Vucevic and Oladipo both really intriguing guys to build around but I'm not huge on guys like Nicholson, Harris, Harkless....I would give them major minutes in 2014 and see what kind of progress they make in terms of both attributes and stats but none of them really get me excited...all 3 would command considerable trade interest around the league though, especially if you packaged em together. Get a 3 and a 4 either through those trades or free agency (you could have around 27 mil in cap space if you can get expirings for nelson + davis and let turkoglu walk) and ur looking at a starting lineup of oladipo (will be a GREAT player in this league as well as 2K), afflalo (becoming a really solid player), two studs at the 3 and 4 (one of my fav combos is wilson chandler + lamarcus aldrige) and a really good center in Vucevic...build your bench up and maybe start to key in on an eventual replacement for afflalo (fournier/hamilton from wilson chandler trade?)...just some thoughts! Good luck with whatever you choose to do though bro!
Old 12-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #115
Rookie

williams_87_05's Arena

OVR: 12

I just got the game and started a association with the T-Wolves. In my first game I played the Knicks and won in overtime. Corey Brewer started and had 0 points, now I know he isn't a scorer but I was thinking I could trade Brewer and a 1st round pick to Orlando for T. Harris? Is this fair or should I throw in a 2nd round pick also?
Old 12-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #116
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
Just got NBA 2K14, and just started my Association using my Orlando Magic. Hoping I can find a way to rebuild them and get them back to the post-season.

First game is in the books. I signed Richard Hamilton and Marcus Camby for some experience off the bench, but I'm starting the season with the roster as is otherwise.

Opened the season in Indiana, losing to the Pacers 103-86. That said, the game was actually a lot closer than the score indicated, and up to about halfway through the 4th quarter, I was within range of taking the lead, but I just couldn't get the buckets to drop when I needed them to and Indiana closed the game out on a huge run.

That aside, Jameer Nelson came out of the game with 27 points, off of 8-15 3 point shooting.

I got a long ways to go before I make any sort of series noise tho.

Oladipo and Tobias Harris are tons of fun to play with (though Harris was given a terrible shot base, he actually gets good elevation in real life), and Vucevic has a way of dominating the boards. One of my favorite teams to take over in 2k14.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #117
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams_87_05
I just got the game and started a association with the T-Wolves. In my first game I played the Knicks and won in overtime. Corey Brewer started and had 0 points, now I know he isn't a scorer but I was thinking I could trade Brewer and a 1st round pick to Orlando for T. Harris? Is this fair or should I throw in a 2nd round pick also?

Considering Minnesota doesn't own it's pick in real life, it wouldn't be fair, lol.

In reality, however, if Orlando were to view that hypothetical pick as a lottery pick, they would possibly do it, but they'd want to send back a contract of sorts...probably Glen Davis.

Corey Brewer + 2014 1st + Shabazz

for

Tobias Harris + Glen Davis + 2014 2nd

that would work salary-wise and (to me) is relatively fair value given the fact that Shabazz was a late-lottery in a weak draft, so is likely valued as a late-first in an average draft, plus Corey Brewer would not be a part of Orlando's long-term plans. Shabazz could, however, be a fit as a rotational wing/bench scorer (and the fact that his potential is so low thanks to 2K he's not much more unless you're willing to invest in Unlimited Potential with him in the offseason). He is a fun guy to play with regardless...I've started him on a few rebuilding teams and done well.

Big Baby offers frontcourt depth to a team without much behind Kevin Love, and they are, after all, chasing a playoff spot. He also can play some spot minutes at C, so that's a plus for them.

Tobias is young, talented and versatile. He can play 3/4 (though you'll want to develop his perimeter defense and ball handling) and finishes well in transition, and if you watch the T'Wolves at all, they love to run off turnovers/missed baskets. He's also a solid 3 point shooter. Personally, with regards to 2k14, he's the kind of guy you can build around as a 2nd option offensively.

I think both teams win in a sense in both trades, especially given the fact that Minnesota already traded away that pick in real life, so it obviously isn't something they coveted (though it is top 13 protected in 2014 and top 12 protected through 2016...something I wish we could do in 2K).

The big question is...would Orlando want to moves Harris? Possibly...I mean they still have Harkless at the same position, and an additional pick in 2014 could net them a similarly talented 3/4 to replace Harris, and Shabazz (if you're willing to throw him in the deal, of course) would mitigate some of that perceived talent-loss.

I try to keep my trades realistic as well and generally ignore the ones that are "too good" in terms of value, but this one would make a good deal of sense to me, especially if the pick were completely unprotected like it would be. Would Minnesota move an unprotected 2014 1st for Harris though...?

Tough call, but I say if you make the deal as outlined above, I wouldn't feel guilty about it. Ultimately, it is important (in my opinion) that Orlando not unnecessarily absorb additional salary as that is something they would absolutely not want to do in such a deal, which is why I suggested adding Big Baby and Shabazz. They have excess cap space for a reason...they want it going forward to be significant players in free agency, likely in 2015.

Sorry for rambling...it's late in Thailand and the muscle relaxers have kicked in.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #118
Rookie

williams_87_05's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontraktniki
Considering Minnesota doesn't own it's pick in real life, it wouldn't be fair, lol.

In reality, however, if Orlando were to view that hypothetical pick as a lottery pick, they would possibly do it, but they'd want to send back a contract of sorts...probably Glen Davis.

Corey Brewer + 2014 1st + Shabazz

for

Tobias Harris + Glen Davis + 2014 2nd

that would work salary-wise and (to me) is relatively fair value given the fact that Shabazz was a late-lottery in a weak draft, so is likely valued as a late-first in an average draft, plus Corey Brewer would not be a part of Orlando's long-term plans. Shabazz could, however, be a fit as a rotational wing/bench scorer (and the fact that his potential is so low thanks to 2K he's not much more unless you're willing to invest in Unlimited Potential with him in the offseason). He is a fun guy to play with regardless...I've started him on a few rebuilding teams and done well.

Big Baby offers frontcourt depth to a team without much behind Kevin Love, and they are, after all, chasing a playoff spot. He also can play some spot minutes at C, so that's a plus for them.

Tobias is young, talented and versatile. He can play 3/4 (though you'll want to develop his perimeter defense and ball handling) and finishes well in transition, and if you watch the T'Wolves at all, they love to run off turnovers/missed baskets. He's also a solid 3 point shooter. Personally, with regards to 2k14, he's the kind of guy you can build around as a 2nd option offensively.

I think both teams win in a sense in both trades, especially given the fact that Minnesota already traded away that pick in real life, so it obviously isn't something they coveted (though it is top 13 protected in 2014 and top 12 protected through 2016...something I wish we could do in 2K).

The big question is...would Orlando want to moves Harris? Possibly...I mean they still have Harkless at the same position, and an additional pick in 2014 could net them a similarly talented 3/4 to replace Harris, and Shabazz (if you're willing to throw him in the deal, of course) would mitigate some of that perceived talent-loss.

I try to keep my trades realistic as well and generally ignore the ones that are "too good" in terms of value, but this one would make a good deal of sense to me, especially if the pick were completely unprotected like it would be. Would Minnesota move an unprotected 2014 1st for Harris though...?

Tough call, but I say if you make the deal as outlined above, I wouldn't feel guilty about it. Ultimately, it is important (in my opinion) that Orlando not unnecessarily absorb additional salary as that is something they would absolutely not want to do in such a deal, which is why I suggested adding Big Baby and Shabazz. They have excess cap space for a reason...they want it going forward to be significant players in free agency, likely in 2015.

Sorry for rambling...it's late in Thailand and the muscle relaxers have kicked in.
Hey thanks for the quick response, I would definetly do the deal that you responded with. Big Baby although I am not a fan would give my second unit a good low post threat, and I think Harris could bring us to the next level. I am in a win now stage, Rubio is in his 3rd year and Love is healthy, I feel like we have to take advantage of what we have and fill in the holes. SF being one and 2nd unit post scoring, this deal does wonders if cap allows it. I will try it in a bit to see if it's possible. Thanks man
Old 12-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #119
Rookie

gilly11's Arena

Started my Pistons dynasty last night. After a few games with the current team I decided this team doesn't fit my style, so I decided to blow it all up.

First, I traded Brandon Jennings, Charlie Villenueva and Will Bynum for Trey Burke and the Jazz 1st round pick.

Next, I traded Josh Smith, Rodney Stuckey, and a future 1st to the 76ers for MCW and their 1st.

Then I traded Chauncey Billups to the Heat for Ray Allen and their 1st.

Finally, I traded Ray Allen, the Heat's 1st and Greg Monroe for Cleveland's 1st.

I ended up with the 2nd, 4th, 7th, and 15th picks in the draft.

With the 2nd pick I chose Jabari Parker, 4th I took Wiggins, 7th I took Joel Embiid, and 15th I took Andrew Harrison.

My lineup looks like this in year 2:

PG: MCW (80)/ Trey Burke (78) / Andrew Harrison (73)
SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (75)/ Jabari Parker (76)
SF: Andrew Wiggins (83)/ Kyle Singler (67) / Jabari Parker (76)
PF: Chandler Parsons (80)/ Jonas Jerebko (70)
C: Andre Drummond (80)/ Joel Embiid (69)

I had the cap room to go after a big player in free agency but decided to hold on to the money because there was no big that caught my eye.

The Pistons have been transformed greatly, but I'm definitely looking forward to playing with them. Being able to spread the floor and get out in transition will be the strength of this team. Rebounding will be a huge issue I'm sure as I've gutted the frontcourt.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #120
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly11

I had the cap room to go after a big player in free agency but decided to hold on to the money because there was no big that caught my eye.

The Pistons have been transformed greatly, but I'm definitely looking forward to playing with them. Being able to spread the floor and get out in transition will be the strength of this team. Rebounding will be a huge issue I'm sure as I've gutted the frontcourt.

The 2014 Free Agent class doesn't offer much outside of Gordon Hayward/Greg Monroe/Avery Bradley/Lance Stephenson...it's much better in 2015 and waaay better in 2016 (Kyrie, Melo, Kemba Walker, Rondo, just off the top of my head).

I usually don't mess with anyone other than Greg Monroe in 2014 for starters or some rotational guys to fill out the roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »