NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread - Page 44 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen

Old 10-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #431
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Official MyCAREER Thread

Question:

How many rebounds/game does your player average (position and minutes per game too please).

For me it breaks down roughly (I know it depends on play style):

Pg: 6/g at 30 min
SF: 12/g at 34 min
C/PF: 14/g at 34 min

Each guy has at least a 83 rating btw. Oh, and my SF averages a triple double easy (SS) where my bigs spends all of their time trying to get the precious rebounds

Last edited by Alwayscivilmike; 10-10-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #432
Pro

Speedy_Bronco's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscivilmike
Question:

How many rebounds/game does your player average (position and minutes per game too please).

Each guy has at least a 83 rating btw. Oh, and my SF averages a triple double easy (SS) where my bigs spends all of their time trying to get the precious rebounds
My SG gets 7 boards a game at 39 MPG
Old 10-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #433
Rookie

Quote:
To say it is not a game issue shows you are clueless about playing pf/center. It is freaking EASY to average 6 rb/g with a guard with no skills, even more so with a SF. You are NEVER blocked out so while the big guys are fighting it out you come in and steal the rebound. If you want your bigs to average
More stop taking their boards. Playing a big guy though, the ball will hit you in the face, bounce away from you, bounce over you, guard steal your rb all the time. If you play 35 min you WILL average 13 rb/game. However, you know it should be 18-20 but the game prevents it.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I have to fight tooth and nail against MY teammates on top of the other team just to get rebounds. Some games I go into half time getting out-rebounded by Damian Lillard who steals half the loose balls that come off our rim while I'm busy boxing out their big guys.

Don't get me wrong I still average nine rebounds a game but if I were getting half the rebounds I should be that I lose to players a foot shorter than me jumping over the top and nicking them or to my player being forced into a stupid animation where he should grab the ball but doesn't, I'd be pulling down fifteen to twenty a game easily.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #434
Rookie

OVR: 2
PS Network: Trini0824

Quote:
Question:

My SF avg 7.7 rpg at 33 mins, I would get more but I got Pek and Love.
Manchester United
Old 10-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #435
Pro

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
I had to restart my PG career. I stupidly saved over the wrong file to back-up my Center. As a result, my new PG was drafted by the Pelicans instead of the Timberwolves. I played 5 games there, asked for a trade to the Wolves or Lakers and got traded to the Miami Heat straight up for R. Lewis.

My Center got drafted by OKC and is really flourishing with everyone there. My experience with Lamb is that he is a streaky shooter and so far both Westbrook and KD are performing well...

I now have become the starter for both my PG and C.
Miami is now 8-3 and OKC is now 5-3.

My PG is turning into a Russel Westbrook type of player but I'm still getting all of the big three their points and even getting Allen and Battier theirs too. My "official" assists average are low at the moment but I do expect that to pick up once I start learning my teammates ai play. For those asking about rebounds, I am averaging 5 per game or 4 per 30 minutes played. Not that it matters since I only rebound defensively with my PG.

My C is a harder position for me to play. I still need to learn a lot. I guess I've been modeling my Center after David Robinson (except I graduated from the Army and am called The General). I have been dumping all my skill points into my hands and shoot in traffic for the moment. The good thing is that balls rarely bounce off my head and opposing guys rarely take the ball out of my hands on rebounds now. The bad thing about this is that I've neglected my stamina and have not improved other skills much yet.

I am earning double the VC with my PG then with my C just because I have been playing PG in MyCareer since 2k10 and I am very confident with him. In my last game I earned 500 straight up but because it was a key game I got 1k. With my Center I am lucky to get 200 per game.

As a result, my PG is developing much faster then my C. I've already have the Gaterade signature skill - and it is something that I think is worth the 2k investment. Consistency in performance is very noticeable.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #436
Rookie

dukefan123a's Arena

Anyone else having trouble equipping shoes to ur player? I got a sponsorship from Jordan and when I go to change the shoe, I press equip shoe, but then when I play a game he's wearing the default shoes he had on before. Any help would be great
Old 10-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #437
ZO
Sports Game Addict

ZO's Arena

OVR: 1

I noticed last night, that the items I purchased. Like the compression shorts/shirt, arm sleeves, ankle support, etc. That are supposed to give you a boost. Are, in fact, NOT giving me a boost in any of the stats they claim.

My center had a 62 mid range. I bought the mid range sleeve, +3. Equip it. NO change in my mid range. Still 62. Same with all the others. They are not actually changing anything.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #438
Rookie

I more so need help shooting and maybe tips on which dribble package is useful for a 6'9 sf. I'm averaging 32 ppg 6 assist 7 rbs and 1 block and 3.7 spg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #439
Pro

OVR: 13

Ok I haven't been able to play my career all day, am I the only one!

Old 10-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #440
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy21
I more so need help shooting and maybe tips on which dribble package is useful for a 6'9 sf. I'm averaging 32 ppg 6 assist 7 rbs and 1 block and 3.7 spg

I want to know how you get the 3.7 steals per game. I average 3 blocks a game but only 1.5 steals (very up and down). I try to play the passing lanes mostly. Your secret?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »