Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread - Page 505 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen

Old 01-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #5041
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscivilmike
Finally figured out a decent way to make VC. I have a 7'1" pf/c who is at 99 overall. I stopped playing him because he is basically unstoppable. He is in his second season right now. So, I changed the mins/quarter down to 5 min with 5 min sim. He plays around 17 min a game. I only play the key games and since getting an A+ is super easy with a center I end up with 450-500 easy in 20 mins. 1300-1500 in an hour is nice!

Question....what is the right height for a sg/pg? I tried a 6'5" athletic sg but he ends up being sg/SF. I do not want to be guarding LeBron at that height! It might just be easier to go as a tall pg I guess.
Your play type has to be defensive I'm a 6'9" defensive sg and my secondary position is pg

Last edited by chickenboom; 01-27-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #5042
Rookie

MacksHeadroom's Arena

OVR: 0

I assume there is no way to downgrade a sig skill. I want to go back to Bruiser 1 because Bruiser 3 is just silly. Bruiser 3 doesnt even make sense. To do that much damage to someones stamina i would have to be punching them in the ribs every time I got close to them.

Also what happens at the end of my first contract? Will teams offer me a Kobe equivalent VC contract?
Old 01-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #5043
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

PS Network: YeOldTonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTonk
Started an Athletic 7' 255# center. Looked up Dwight Howards attributes and somewhat basing my guy on him.

Totally tanked the Rookie Showcase. By the 4th quarter I got myself down to a F score and then proceeded to foul out with about 2:00 left in game. Was intervired by IND, MEM and CHI. Told IND I didn't want to play for them. Was okay with MEM and begged CHI to draft me. Dafted by CHI.

We're on a 9-0 start a half game above IND in the conference. Number one in the Power Rankings for the second straight week. And trust me, its not because of my contributions that we're undefeated.

At the moment I'm averageing less than 10 min a game. 4.4 pts, 2.2 reb and less than 1 asst, stl & blk per game. I'm slated for 30 min a game in the rotation at #6. Started out with a 63 OVR and now up to a 65. Due too my outstanding grasp of this game and my increadible playing ability I think I'll be starting within a couple of games.
12 games into the season I made the starting lineup as center. Moved Joakim Noah from C to PF and moved Carlos Boozer from PF to #7 on bench. I did notice when I came in off the bench at Center, Noah was moved over to PF most of the time

PG - Derrick Rose
SG - Richard Hamilton
SF - Luol Deng
PF - Joakim Noah
C - Me

Now to just get my stats up.

Twitter
Old 01-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #5044
Banned

OVR: 14
PS Network: noodlebombz

Quote:
12 games into the season I made the starting lineup as center. Moved Joakim Noah from C to PF and moved Carlos Boozer from PF to #7 on bench. I did notice when I came in off the bench at Center, Noah was moved over to PF most of the time

PG - Derrick Rose
SG - Richard Hamilton
SF - Luol Deng
PF - Joakim Noah
C - Me

Now to just get my stats up.
Rose and Noah are a great pair of guys to have on your team in MyCareer =)
Old 01-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #5045
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacksHeadroom
I assume there is no way to downgrade a sig skill. I want to go back to Bruiser 1 because Bruiser 3 is just silly. Bruiser 3 doesnt even make sense. To do that much damage to someones stamina i would have to be punching them in the ribs every time I got close to them.

Also what happens at the end of my first contract? Will teams offer me a Kobe equivalent VC contract?
I doubt it lol...I think my new contract is like 690 VC/year lol...VC contracts are perhaps the worst implementation in MC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-28-2013, 12:21 AM   #5046
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

PS Network: YeOldTonk

Why is it that when I'm moving around for position under the basket, if I'm on offense, I get stuck to the defender and can't move off and/or touch the defender and get pushed off in the opposite direction. If I'm on defense, the offensive player can move around and scoot right past me to get the ball for an easy put up?

Any tips on how to have better success with rebounds and blocks? I can never get my timing down right. Seems when I try to block right in front of a shooter, I'm a half a sec slow. I don't think I'm that old to losing my reaction.

If there are certain attributes to get raised, let me know. Any tips would be apperciated.

Thanks.

Thanks

Twitter
Old 01-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #5047
Rookie

Sooo I'm new to the 2K Basketball Games. This is actually my 1st time playing the MyCareer. I'm in my Third season with the Dallas Mav's and we were put out of the playoffs last year in the 2nd round. We traded Vince Carter & Steve Marion and picked up Lebron James... My starting 5 is

PG: Darren Collison
SG: Justin Rodriguez (Me obviously)
SF: Lebron James
PF: Brandan Wright
C: Dirk Nowitzki

Since we picked up Lebron I've went from averaging 28.9 PPG to 20.8 PPG this season. What's up besides the fact that Lebron is obviously doing alot of shooting and Dirk isn't getting as much playing time??
Old 01-28-2013, 01:05 AM   #5048
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Why is it that when I'm moving around for position under the basket, if I'm on offense, I get stuck to the defender and can't move off and/or touch the defender and get pushed off in the opposite direction. If I'm on defense, the offensive player can move around and scoot right past me to get the ball for an easy put up?

Any tips on how to have better success with rebounds and blocks? I can never get my timing down right. Seems when I try to block right in front of a shooter, I'm a half a sec slow. I don't think I'm that old to losing my reaction.

If there are certain attributes to get raised, let me know. Any tips would be apperciated.

Thanks.

Thanks
I usually use the Right Stick(xbox) to get around, it does help you lose your man. While you are defending stay between your man and the basket, try use LT to block people from entering the paint.

for rebounds, you have to boxout and time your jump. dont jump right after the shot is made, jump once the ball reaches its highest point off the rim, it takes a little practice but it becomes automatic after a while. try position yourself on the other side of the rim when a shot is being made(if a shot is made from left side, try to be on the right side of the rim) I was averaging 10-11 rpg on 10 min quarters, once i got hold of it now I easily average 20+.

getting the timing for blocks also takes time, also use LT and RS to auto-contest and use the block button if your 100% sure, also most blocks I make are while I am sliding on help defense. it takes a little time but with practice you should be able to time your block better.

for rebounding and blocking you need vertical, defensive awareness, off/def rebounding and block attributes.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:35 AM   #5049
Rookie

Oh yea, and MyPlayer is a 6'3", 197 lbs, 30y/o, Shooting Guard. Overall 91, Pos. Rank 2nd, Overall Rank, 11th. Starter. 2012 Draft, 1st Round, 17th Pick out of Arkansas.

Currently I'm in my 14-15 season, 45 games in. I'm playing 9min qtrs. All-Star/Sim.
MinPerGame: 32.3
PPG: 19.7
RPG: 5.3
APG: 6.8
SPG: 1.0
BPG: 0.4

Does my age and minutes I'm playing a game affect my players scoring abilities??
Old 01-28-2013, 02:07 AM   #5050
Rookie

OVR: 4

Now I'm going into my 5th season with the Hornets.

Free Agency (who's on the move):
Philadelphia 76ers
G Mike Conley (81)
Milwaukee Bucks
G Kobe Bryant (81)
C Robin Lopez (73)
Cleveland Cavaliers
C Anderson Varejao (68)
Memphis Grizzlies
G Alec Burks (80)
Phoenix Suns
F Paul Millsap (76)