Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread - Page 22 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen

Old 10-03-2012, 01:12 AM   #211
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by antixnette
Anybody get drafted by a team that didn't draft that position in real life?

Like you being a SF and getting drafted #4 overall to the Cavs.

I really want to make a SF and get drafted by the Cavs.
Well Chris Smoove got drafted number 1 by the Hornets as a PG, which they technically didn't draft in that spot (although they did draft one at their second pick...)
Old 10-03-2012, 01:13 AM   #212
Rookie

OVR: 0

F*CK!!!!!

Man it froze after my first game 5 times!! And I can't sim to any key game because my first game is a key game! Its really pissing me tf off!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:15 AM   #213
All Star

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
PS Network: money004

After 3 games with my PG, I am really enjoying it. I have been playing well. Not scoring much, but have been making good decisions. If I were to guess, I think I am avging 6ppg, 7 assists, 1 steal, and 100% FT(I think only attempted 5 FTs at most). My instincts is tellling me to just sim to the next key game, but I need those VC. The thing is I dont want to buy any VC and I dont really have the time to play other modes.

Only real gripe is the PlayVision. I had full intentions to start a SF at 1st, but without Play-Vision I cant yet. It is easier as a Primary Ball-Handler because you can dictate the flow of the game.

I really need to boost Shoot in Traffic. Since I am an Athletic PG, my shoot ratings are low so I dont even attempt Js. Only layups I can make is when I have a free open basket. I want to get that to 80, so I can make contact shots consistently. After that, I want to get Steal, Ball Handling, Off-Hand Dribble, Ball Security to 80.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:33 AM   #214
Rookie

OVR: 1
PS Network: Gcity1989

what are some of your jump-shots/release
Old 10-03-2012, 02:05 AM   #215
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just dropped 64, 6 and 10 on the heat
Old 10-03-2012, 02:33 AM   #216
Rookie

OVR: 2

WTF. I disconnected my xbox from internet and now myplayer switched to offline mode.
So my VC is gone and now I have to use SP.

But since then I can spend SP in negative balance. To test it out, I maxed out my mid range jumper and dunking. I can purchase any sig skills too and I'm keep accumulating negative SP balance. LOL

This is so broken...

SMH I have to start the mode again in offline mode from the beginning...

EDIT: What the hell... I can't even give an Offline my player a headband? How do you give him accessories in Offline mode???

Last edited by achieveduser; 10-03-2012 at 02:37 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:35 AM   #217
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfinest773
what are some of your jump-shots/release
Well I used 42 and 26 for my jump shot/release last year (that Smoove shot), but this year I will probably go with 33 and 31, if that still corresponds to Ray Allen's sig shot. I may even end up purchasing someone like Ray Ray's or Durant's shot.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:35 AM   #218
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
EDIT: What the hell... I can't even give an Offline my player a headband? How do you give him accessories in Offline mode???
As far as I can tell, you can't. When you go to the MyPlayer screen and try to go to the 2K Shop, it tells me that it can only be accessed with skill points.

The entire VC idea makes zero sense to me, and it adds a whole lot more confusion. It's a clear case of 2K shamelessly trying to capitalize on micropurchases. The entire idea of paying money to access things in a game that I've already shelled out $60 bucks for is ridiculous to me.

What irks me is that 2K games as a whole are frequently broken out of the box. For a long time, I didn't have a Live account or my XBox wired for the internet, so updates weren't something I had access to. Now a days nthey release the game with so many issues that updates are frequently necessary (freezes, scoreboard glitches, association mode and its server issue). These are major problems...if i'm paying $60 bucks for it, i'm expecting it to function correctly and not be at the mercy of updates.

endofftopicrant/
Old 10-03-2012, 03:40 AM   #219
Rookie

OVR: 3

Anyone noticing cheesing by the cpu in this mode with your matchup constantly driving down your matchup score or teammate grade? I'm playing the Rookie Showcase, because I want a higher draft choice and my matchup is MKG. Now MKG is a great defensive player but not exactly spectacular on the offensive end, but if my player goes on a roll, suddenly MKG is unstoppable, to the point where he is crossing me up, or just blowing by me as the cpu assist decides to move my player out of position.

Rebounds are becoming absurd too, hes grabbing rebounds over 3 players including his own who has a better angle on the ball, and yes he has the scrapper ability active but that shouldnt prevent me from ever boxing him out. Most absurd play just happened where we had a defensive switch and MKG ended up near the 3 point line when the ball was shot, I boxed out the defender in the paint, the ball bounced off the rim over 2 of my teammates towards MKG.

Just annoying when you are trying to increase your draft stock and the game seems to be screwing you. Anyone notice something similar?
Old 10-03-2012, 04:55 AM   #220
Pro

OVR: 11
Thumbs down Re: Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by timobarrz
Wow so am I the only person who went #1 in the draft?! #Winning

Its not for the noobs. I played 2k12 alot so i have alot of experience, I also got lucky in the fact we went into OT. So it allowed me to score a couple more points up and bump my grade up. Feel like Im in a exclusive society since not many (if anybody) here was went #1.
I got drafted #1 too, so who the **** cares...

it's a game

I played 2k11 a lot so that makes me better than you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »