Should 2k make VC purchasable? - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Should 2k make VC purchasable?

This is a discussion on Should 2k make VC purchasable? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen

Old 09-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 17
Re: Should 2k make VC purchasable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreyes930
I think they're going to. I think I remember reading, maybe in the Slam Magazine review that they will be purchasable with "real scrilla". Let me se if I can find it. Lately the facts have been blendin with my dreams... just 3 more weeks, I can do this.

Edit: Yup 5th bullet ---> http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...a-2k13-part-2/
Good find, that's a smart move by 2k

Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 09-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #12
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
If they have to make us pay for VC and get some money. Then, ASW should/would be DLC.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I hope you can't but if you can I hope it's expensive as hell.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 11

I would definitely not buy it, others probably would. I don't get why though, it's easy as hell to upgrade. What's the fun in having a 80-90 or 99 rated player from the start or even within a month? It takes away the purpose of the game, actually playing it, getting better, the works.

Same thing with games like Madden ultimate team. What's the point in having the best of the best without trying and instead just buying it?

I'm not a big fan of DLC's anyways, I don't care if it's 1 or 20 dollar, I rather not. It's an easy cash cow for companies and they abuse it imho. The only good DLC I've ever seen which was bang for buck was the Undead nightmare DLC for RDR. Which was around 10 dollars but was actually a whole new game and easily beats other full games which go for 50-60 dollars.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreyes930
I think they're going to. I think I remember reading, maybe in the Slam Magazine review that they will be purchasable with "real scrilla". Let me se if I can find it. Lately the facts have been blendin with my dreams... just 3 more weeks, I can do this.

Edit: Yup 5th bullet ---> http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...a-2k13-part-2/
What your telling me is you can buy VC with Microsoft Points and you can also use the VC to buy Signature Skills, Attributes, and etc for your My Player? If you put two and two together that means you don't necessarily have to play your My Player games now you can just buy Microsoft Points and buy VC; putting your my player up to a 99. If that's the case that's horrible.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canquain
What your telling me is you can buy VC with Microsoft Points and you can also use the VC to buy Signature Skills, Attributes, and etc for your My Player? If you put two and two together that means you don't necessarily have to play your My Player games now you can just buy Microsoft Points and buy VC; putting your my player up to a 99. If that's the case that's horrible.
i fail to see how this is horrible? personally, i wouldn't mind making two my players and have one like a lebron, for instance, coming out in the draft as an already good player. Then have one that i build up. Just because what you don't find fun doesn't necessarily mean it's not fun for others.

The only problem i see in this is if you play online with your my player and you got 70's going against 90's. personally, i like the challenge, but 2k can easily separate the different ratings when pitting my players together. That way you get an even balance.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnis
i fail to see how this is horrible? personally, i wouldn't mind making two my players and have one like a lebron, for instance, coming out in the draft as an already good player. Then have one that i build up. Just because what you don't find fun doesn't necessarily mean it's not fun for others.
Really? You're willing to pay 10-20$ or more just to have a Lebron-like type player which you can get within days if you just put some time into it. I know, not everyone has time obviously, but this just sounds lazy to me. Of course, to each his own.

In the end it's just going to be a player which you created, without all the hype and scenarios. Even if my Myplayer has a 65 overall I'm going to be the MVP. It's all about the skills you learned after playing Nba 2K/MP-mode. So why spend money on it? It's not necessary.

Obviously, we don't know if this is going to be in it.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #18
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Why don't we wait and see until we know exactly how they are integrated in the game?

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
Really? You're willing to pay 10-20$ or more just to have a Lebron-like type player which you can get within days if you just put some time into it. I know, not everyone has time obviously, but this just sounds lazy to me. Of course, to each his own.

In the end it's just going to be a player which you created, without all the hype and scenarios. Even if my Myplayer has a 65 overall I'm going to be the MVP. It's all about the skills you learned after playing Nba 2K/MP-mode. So why spend money on it? It's not necessary.

Obviously, we don't know if this is going to be in it.
Yea I agree with what your saying because the other guys just want's to drop $50 into making a 90 Overall which then he could just go online with thus ruining the purpose of building your Player up and playing games and etc.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #20
All Star

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
PS Network: money004

I wouldnt. Mainly because it would take the fun out of building up my player/ If I want to be highly rated, I would do a CAL. The only time I bought a Skill Pack for a game was for MLB the Show a couple years ago.

If you can gain VC from outside the mode, than there wouldnt be a need.

But, I would expect them to maybe make it purchaseable.

I dont think it would take long at all to afford Sig Skills and ratings boosts especially starting around 78 OVR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »