Whats the big deal with crew? - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Whats the big deal with crew?

This is a discussion on Whats the big deal with crew? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
Rookie
 
Jesus White's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Worcester, England
Whats the big deal with crew?

Title says it all really. What is the big deal with crew? I know alot of you love it and are considering boycotting 2k13 if its not in the game but whats so good about it?

__________________
GT: FLX YETI
BULLS
BEARS
WHITE SOX
BLACKHAWKS
WOLVES
Jesus White is offline  
Reply With Quote
Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 08-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
Remember My Name
 
OverKick's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,784
Re: Whats the big deal with crew?

I'm not boycotting the game over it, but the appeal to crew is simple.

Playing with humans is 100x more fun than playing with a bunch of T-800 terminators. Seriously when you play a game of My Player, it feels like these guys are your teammates



You can talk trash to a human, you can get into a human's head. You can make a human get emotional. You can say good job team to a human. You can create and practice plays with humans. Humans know how to get open when you are being double teamed.

Humans learn your behavior and you learn theirs. You know when they are going to cut and they know you're going to throw the alley oop.

Bottom line, there's an experience that no AI has or will ever replicate. That is not an insult to the efforts 2K puts towards AI, that's just a fact.

Honestly once they bring it back (and do it right) I might retire from online associations and just do Crew full time. I already got some guys I ran from 2K11 just waiting to see if it's in 2K13.

Last edited by OverKick; 08-15-2012 at 05:26 PM.
OverKick is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
Rookie
 
Jesus White's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Worcester, England
Re: Whats the big deal with crew?

i do see your point
__________________
GT: FLX YETI
BULLS
BEARS
WHITE SOX
BLACKHAWKS
WOLVES
Jesus White is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jamaica,Queens
Re: Whats the big deal with crew?

A main reason y some gamers hate it is 1. There were alot of hacked players which made the mode terrible. 2. Online is terrible so alot of gamers hate playing it because they dont enjoy online mode period.


Im an Online gamer but i can understand y alot of offline gamers on this site rarely play online. It is 2k fault because when u play this game offline it is a complete different feel when u go online in terms of gameplay and terrible servers. But i love competition against humans so i prefer that any day then playing against the cpu but that is just me..

N crew was addicting when it was played the right way..
qnzballa5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Milwaukee WI
Re: Whats the big deal with crew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
I'm not boycotting the game over it, but the appeal to crew is simple.

Playing with humans is 100x more fun than playing with a bunch of T-800 terminators.

You can talk trash to a human, you can get into a human's head. You can make a human get emotional. You can say good job team to a human. You can create and practice plays with humans. Humans know how to get open when you are being double teamed.

Humans learn your behavior and you learn theirs. You know when they are going to cut and they know you're going to throw the alley oop.

Bottom line, there's an experience that no AI has or will ever replicate.

Honestly once they bring it back I might retire from online associations and just do Crew full time.
But the down side of playing humans is the fact that humans like to cheat, especially in videogames. In fact a big reason Crew was taken out was because of hackers that played with 20 foot players with maxed stats. Thats not fun, and oddly enough those player could randomly generate in your offline my player (Ive seen it happen!).

So while it has many many positives and is fun, the annoying fact that hackers exist ruins it all. Now if 2k is able to completely ban these players or make it impossible to hack while online then I think it will come back stronger than ever.
barimanlhs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
MVP
 
redsfan4life's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Mar 2005
Re: Whats the big deal with crew?

Find a good group of guys to play with and you will love crew, simple as that. Avoiding the chumps wasn't that hard on PS3. On XBox it may have been tougher.
__________________
PSN: BEasy17
redsfan4life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jamaica,Queens
Re: Whats the big deal with crew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barimanlhs
But the down side of playing humans is the fact that humans like to cheat, especially in videogames. In fact a big reason Crew was taken out was because of hackers that played with 20 foot players with maxed stats. Thats not fun, and oddly enough those player could randomly generate in your offline my player (Ive seen it happen!).

So while it has many many positives and is fun, the annoying fact that hackers exist ruins it all. Now if 2k is able to completely ban these players or make it impossible to hack while online then I think it will come back stronger than ever.

True and which is y i said earlier a main reason was because of the hacked players..

But u see the main problem i hear about Online is like u said gamers cheat cuz of their playstyle etc.. but i dont understand.. If a player cheese etc ok so.. It makes it even more of a challenge to me to try n adjust n beat them.. Yea when a gamer does exploits all game etc it is very annoying but i get the thrill of tryin to firgue out midway how to counter it.. So if i win i kno they game me their best tactic n i still prevailed.. Thats the competition i can get from playin Online then playin a cpu..

And this all lies into the 2k devs makin their Online product and gameplay balanced..
qnzballa5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
Remember My Name
 
OverKick's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,784
Re: Whats the big deal with crew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barimanlhs
But the down side of playing humans is the fact that humans like to cheat, especially in videogames. In fact a big reason Crew was taken out was because of hackers that played with 20 foot players with maxed stats. Thats not fun, and oddly enough those player could randomly generate in your offline my player (Ive seen it happen!).

So while it has many many positives and is fun, the annoying fact that hackers exist ruins it all. Now if 2k is able to completely ban these players or make it impossible to hack while online then I think it will come back stronger than ever.
No doubt - you are on point. But most of the issues with Crew were due to design flaws that could easily be fixed (e.g. the 7'5 point guards). The concept of Crew/Team-Up is genius and will blow up sooner or later. All you need is the tools and infrastructure to run it in an organized manner instead of being forced to do quick matches where half your team gets kicked before the game is over.

Humans are always going to find a way to get a competitive edge aka cheese. You see it in real life NBA (e.g. flopping). That is something we can't control. What we should be able to control is who we play against and thus only play against people that play the same way we do. We can do it now with online leagues, but we never had the opportunity to do it with crew or team-up.

But when all is done right, the good will outweigh the bad 100 fold.
OverKick is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #9
Pro
 
I Djm's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Feb 2011
Re: Whats the big deal with crew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
No doubt - you are on point. But most of the issues with Crew were due to design flaws that could easily be fixed (e.g. the 7'5 point guards). The concept of Crew/Team-Up is genius and will blow up sooner or later. All you need is the tools and infrastructure to run it in an organized manner instead of being forced to do quick matches where half your team gets kicked before the game is over.

Humans are always going to find a way to get a competitive edge aka cheese. You see it in real life NBA (e.g. flopping). That is something we can't control. What we should be able to control is who we play against and thus only play against people that play the same way we do. We can do it now with online leagues, but we never had the opportunity to do it with crew or team-up.

But when all is done right, the good will outweigh the bad 100 fold.

simply put caps are needed for online, offline make your 7'5 pgs and stuff but online a line has to be drawn somewhere
__________________
Hand Down,Man Down
I Djm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Milwaukee WI
Re: Whats the big deal with crew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
simply put caps are needed for online, offline make your 7'5 pgs and stuff but online a line has to be drawn somewhere
Ive always thought it would be effective to have 2 my players, one for offline and one for online. That way people can hack their offline play and then everyone online would be able to play with normal sized players.

Of course someone will find a way around that but it would be a start. Also CAPs help a lot, and it made the game much more balanced when they added the height CAP depending on position.
barimanlhs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 PM.

Top -