What happens if you DON'T pre-order NBA 2k13? - Page 17 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

What happens if you DON'T pre-order NBA 2k13?

This is a discussion on What happens if you DON'T pre-order NBA 2k13? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen

Old 09-22-2012, 11:42 PM   #129
Rookie

Letemburn's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What happens if you DON'T pre-order NBA 2k13?

Im pretty sure this may have been answered, if so im extremely sorry.

If you preorder from gamestop will i still get all-star weekend or do i have to preorder from 2k?

Also if i receive it from gamestop, how will it come? Do i have to mention it to them, to make sure i get it, or will it be in the case or something?

Again, very sorry if this has been answered. :/
Old 09-22-2012, 11:45 PM   #130
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letemburn
Im pretty sure this may have been answered, if so im extremely sorry.

If you preorder from gamestop will i still get all-star weekend or do i have to preorder from 2k?

Also if i receive it from gamestop, how will it come? Do i have to mention it to them, to make sure i get it, or will it be in the case or something?

Again, very sorry if this has been answered. :/
Yes you will.
Also, all the information you're looking for is one Gamestops website so I would check there if I were you.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #131
Say whaaa?

Shak3's Arena

OVR: 9

To be honest, to whoever is waiting til later in the year to buy this game for the potential of saving money...more power to ya, I have a hard enough time waiting for Oct 2nd for this game.

U.S.A.F.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Read your diatribe. You're talking about stuff you have NO clue about.

So they found some "stuff". Big FRIGGIN' deal! Was there stuff missing? YES! Was it just a matter of flipping switch in the code to fully enable the DLC? NO! The DLC wasn't fully functional. True or false, was the DLC FULLY active with this "hack"? NO, you say? Oh. OK then.

What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? Unlocking bodies in a game means nothing. I'm not going to go into details, but show me ONE DLC hack where EVERYTHING in the DLC was activated without buying the actual DLC data and then we can talk.

1. You're right. 2K isn't going to hire me any time in the near future. I know that. Thanks. The question is: how do YOU know this? Are you Greg Thomas?!
2. I never said you were bashing. I said that you're trying to paint the company as some money grubbing, evil empire using the DLC as your platform. And ALL I've said is that the DLC isn't just a switch in the code. It's not "on the disc" as you say. Some of it? Sure. All of it? The core of it? Nope. MS does not allow that. Ask ANY person that works for a developer or Microsoft.

This was not part of my part of this discussion. Read my last statement.

Yes. Because I have SO much fun doing it! I don't know how I could EVER tear myself away from a good argument with such knowledgeable people on the interwebs.

Actually, THIS is the statement you have half right. DLC IS about money. ABSOLUTELY! Totally agree. You see, in all of your ranting, you actually forgot to actually READ my posts. I never disagreed that DLC in of itself is about money. I disagreed with your position that the way it was done in 2K, being just a switch, proves that it's all about money. And THAT is false. What's false? That it's just a switch (not allowed by MS - fact. Look it up). The other part that's false is that it's ONLY about money. Believe that if you want to. Not my problem. But don't argue the DLC part of it. Again - show me a WORKING activation of DLC without the actually downloadable content, then we can talk.
http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/a.../angry/shh.gif
Old 09-23-2012, 01:05 AM   #133
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisMommaCallHimClay

Thanks for that, man. When a man give you a good laugh, the beef is squashed.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:32 AM   #134
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Do you get anything for preordering at Gamestop? The only reason I pre-ordered it from their was because I traded in Madden 13 towards it.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:53 AM   #135
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz

Thanks for that, man. When a man give you a good laugh, the beef is squashed.

I know you know your **** now, cause I had no idea how to make that gif show up on my phone.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:21 AM   #136
Rookie

OVR: 0

I dont know if i fot all wat these dudes are arguing about but the point about dlc beung soley for extra money is moot in this thread .......ur not kickin out a extra few bucks to play the dlc ur jus paying in advance for sumthin to get a extra addon ..... if u dont preoder and buy it post release date u will still be paying the same price jus without the addon and they have so far been adament about the fact that this is a preorder only dlc and wont be a paid dlc so the point of dlc being soley for money makes no sense here.....

And the other point about the dlc not being on the disc already ....part of the dlc has to be written on the diac or it wouldnt work ....for this dlc to seemlesly intergrate itself into other game modes it would have to be already coded into the game .....but there are other cases where this isnt true like in Red Dead Undead Nightmare dlc and Liberty City Stories Dlc which are stand alone dlc that can be used outside of the original game .....The ASW dlc is not one of these it cannot be used without the original game so it has to be coded in to the disc before ....so it is like a switch but with most of the info or design code in it so wen u download the dlc and start the game u turn that switch on and enable the dlc

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »