NBA 2K13 Wishlist - Operation Sports Forums
Home

NBA 2K13 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
NBA 2K13 Wishlist

I think this would be worth putting into 2k13:

Sometimes you don't want, or don't have time to play 12 min quarters in association mode. So there is an option to change the amount of min played for user controlled teams. BUT, if you really like association mode and want to go for a scoring title or something, it's way harder to do because you're competing against teams that play simulated 12 min quarters.

I'm proposing that 2k make an option that lets you decide how long the computer simulated games last. That way instead of scoring 100+ points a game, they're scoring 50-60 points a game along side the user controlled teams.

Does anyone think this is a good idea?

Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 03-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K13 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterc1
I think so XD
Old 03-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
Rookie

paul143's Arena

OVR: 2

don't make another thread for this.. Official 2k13 Wishlist Thread... just go to this thread...
Old 03-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
Pro

ballsohard's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

Sometimes you don't want, or don't have time to play 12 min quarters in association mode. So there is an option to change the amount of min played for user controlled teams. BUT, if you really like association mode and want to go for a scoring title or something, it's way harder to do because you're competing against teams that play simulated 12 min quarters.

I'm proposing that 2k make an option that lets you decide how long the computer simulated games last. That way instead of scoring 100+ points a game, they're scoring 50-60 points a game along side the user controlled teams.

There already is an option to change how long simulated games last.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I feel 2k can really expand on association and my player. They can revolutionize these two modes and make them literally addicting.

Association: I think 2k should do a better job of the NBA feel. B this mean they should add starting line up intros, practices, inside the huddle, halftime interviews, sports center or sone kind of show in association, all star weekend, and many other things. I think coaching should be expanded a lot in association mode. First if there should be a live practice option. And by this I dont mean just scrimmage but actual practice. That means when you first start the practice you can talk about the previous game and prepare for the upcoming game. But the biggest thing that should be in this sports forum is coaching guidance. So say I'm the celtics I'm in the practice mode. So say I'm going over a set with my starters I should be able to tell rondo to constantly run a pick n roll with kg. In head coach 07 you were able to tell your players specific things like scramble, pass, throw away. It should be the same in 2k. If in talking to rondo I should be able to tell him to pass, shoot, or whatever you want to off pick n roll. So now when that carries into the next game my teammate ai kg should constantly be setting picks for me without me holding the screen button. Also for big games ( two elite teams, playoffs elimination games, finals, etc....) there should more presentation like how on tv during a big game they actully show the announcers talking whether in studio( like magic, jalen rose, Chris mullin, Chris Broussard on espn) or how NFL announcers are in the press box talking before the game. Also in association you should have in game coach player interaction. By this I mean that if I'm the heat and lebron just got subbed out if I'm Erik spoelstra I could say something to lebron whether positive which affects his attributes accordingly.

My player: this could be the best mode ever seen in a sports game. First off some people have seen peopl on YouTube such as Chris smoove who edits gta into their myplayer videos to make their myplayer have a life. I think this implented into a my player( not actually gta but the concept of a outside free roam world where you drive to practice, arena, etc.) would make irresistible. But even if 2k sees that as unrealistic they can still take the structure of it. For example. You wake up to a room kind of like superstar mode on madden 07 and 08 and then you have the option to go to practice, sim practice, or skip it. Then after practice you should have a series of options that can affect you. Like there could be a nap option which boost stamina, watch film which will increase awareness and a couple other options. Then there should be an option of when to get to the game. So say your game starts at 7 you should be able to choos between arrive at 4, 4:30, 5, 6. Each on has different things. If you have choose 4 there should be like no fans there a couple press guys and like 1 or 2 teammates shooting. And then since you got there early you should get like 100 shots and you split them into layups, free throws or shots from a specicific spot and depending on how many you make you should get an attribute boost accordingly. And then if you choose there should be like 6-8 teammates and littered fans. And then at 6:30 you should be like in the locker room and be able to interact with your coach and teammates. So say myplayer is on the bulls I could go to Derrick rose and say like look for me when there doubling you. Also I should be able to encourage a certain player which would give them a higher individual teammate chemistry which would make them pass to you more or something. One final in game thing I think should be added is in game speech. So instead of those dynamic goals pop ups like in the huddle your coach could be like this...http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ctaZ5Y4Vd0I (starts at 1:37) that would just add realism to the game. Now off court you should be able to do things that media would react to like a tweet, fb post, calling out team, teammate, coach, or player which would also influence the commentary of the game it relates to. Here's an example. So say I'm on the thunder and we played the heat and lebron missed the game winning jumper. After the game is over it should go back to my home like madden 07 and then can go to media tab where there is options like twitter, Facebook, text or public statement. So then if I click twitter just like there is four different type of interview answers there should be different types of tweets like loyal which would praise teammates, compliment which would like say good game lebron, and then call out which would say not as good ax everyone thinks or something like that. Then the media should react like there should be some kind of new show like the extra point In past maddens or sports center in NFL 2k5 or the next time you Play lebron the heat fans should boo and the commentators would talk about it.

And this is not necessarily for 2k 13 but there should be a game where it is a free roam rockstar game like enviorment and the arena is the same like you actually have to get out your car in players parking lot walk through hallways to locker room and though hallways to the court and you can drive around town nd buy cars, party, live in your loft condo, apartment, mansion, etc... I know it way to big to be a game mode in 2k but it. Could be a game by itself. And the fustratinb part is I know it could be done and whoever does it could make so much money.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #6
MVP

Twista209's Arena

OVR: 8

I want the My Player mode to update the rosters as they change in real life. So when 2K releases a new roster it needs to update in your My Player season. This way we do not have to keep starting new seasons whenever big trades happed etc.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
Rookie

JoSiiF's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

Thats already in the game, right when you set up your association it says quarter length and sim quarter length just change the sim quarter length to whatever.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
Dodger Stadium, 1975

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul143
don't make another thread for this.. Official 2k13 Wishlist Thread... just go to this thread...
This wish never comes true...

Oh well, maybe next year.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »